AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 31 34.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 35.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-14, 20:37   Link #61
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Overall a very decent if not excellent episode

Minorin's wackyness is still at her peak. And Ami is so wonderfully two-faced! And more funny Taiga faces!!!!

I loled seriously at the Ginue Special Squad , that brings back old memories, and the pun is just great...
Old 2008-11-15, 01:27   Link #62
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I liked the way that Ryuuji picked up on the fact that Taiga wasn't actually mad about not knowing how to swim, but something else, even though at that moment, he didn't know what it was. I guess he's gotten closer to her if he could perceive that so easily.

But seriously, how could you NOT know she was flat-chested? I am quickly reminded of this:

Love that song .
Old 2008-11-15, 05:51   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ended up throwing the ep a "9" .... was having a great time and the the last minute or so just seemed to trip and fall. Shoganai....

(from an anime perspective there were a lot of subtle bits in there (like Ami noticing Taiga's pile of clothes for example... or Taiga's behavior shift when showing Ryuuji the swimsuit and while she videogamed while he worked on her suit). Ryuuji did sound a like total doofus at one point not understanding the esteem panics females go through over their breasts. There seems to be some waffling over whether she's flat-flat or just small.
Old 2008-11-15, 05:58   Link #64
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Is it just me, or was Taiga's voice different in this episode?

I don't really understand the significance behind showing Taiga's pile of clothes, did she just strip or something?

I agree with the swimsuit part - she seemed somewhat shy, and acted in a way that was mildly similar to how she would act in front of Kitamura. Perhaps this is where the shift in her character begins.
Old 2008-11-15, 07:52   Link #65
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I don't really understand the significance behind showing Taiga's pile of clothes, did she just strip or something?
The point was that she had carried Ryuuji's clothes home for him. Isn't she considerate ? Actually Ami messed up a very good chance for Ryuuji; if she wasn't there, there's a good chance Minorin would have been invited in. Then he could have showcased his awesome cooking skills and win over her stomach.

Did Ami figure out that Taiga likes Kitamura? At the end, the way she said she'd invite Kitamura on her excursion and the looked at Taiga in her cute voice made it seem that way.

Also, did you see Kitamura trying to look down Taiga's swimsuit while pretending to have bad vision? What a pervert ! Seriously though, I thought it was kinda odd that he'd go over there just to greet Taiga and give her a compliment. Even stranger, he says he liked her hairstyle, but he really can't see very well w/o his glasses.

Last edited by frubam; 2008-11-15 at 08:24.
Old 2008-11-15, 08:41   Link #66
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I love Taiga with her crying face.....she is so cute.

10000% moeness.
Old 2008-11-15, 12:26   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Is it just me, or was Taiga's voice different in this episode?

I agree with the swimsuit part - she seemed somewhat shy, and acted in a way that was mildly similar to how she would act in front of Kitamura. Perhaps this is where the shift in her character begins.
No, she's having her laundry done with Ryuuji's and his mom. You'll notice she's also over at the apartment in her PJs a lot lately.
The *information* tidbit was that Ami saw the pile of clothes. Therefore she knows that Ryuuji and Taiga are very tight in some weird convoluted way though they deny it fiercely. Ami probably finds all that intriguing.

Normally if you see someone's clothing in other guy's apartment like that, certain assumptions can be easily made about their relationship.
Old 2008-11-15, 15:36   Link #68
nanafan
horo fan

wow, that episode..... just wow. poor taiga. man ryuuji, i think he is way to nice or something to actually do that for her idk what to say. i think there is some chemistry between them or something around now..? it was also cute to see taiga vulnerable, but ami was mean making fun of her because of her chest. i think taiga is cute the way she is...that's my 2 cents.
Old 2008-11-15, 17:03   Link #69
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Taiga <333 Absolutely cute in this episode, I tend to like dere Taiga so much more than tsun Taiga lately.

I mean ISNT IT JUST WOW?!?!?! FINALLY a girl that worries about the important things like size and breasts~ Not the ultra-generic girl-who-worries-about-boy-and-nothing-else.
Old 2008-11-15, 17:31   Link #70
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm going to join the chorus. Taiga was just amaaazing in this episode. Kaioshin, are you around? Kugimiya-san is really outstanding in this show, especially in this episode. Real pathos and real personality. She and the staff are creating a wonderful, wonderful character.

I'm a huge fan of Kannagi. And 2channel has just gone crazy over it, with 70,000 posts to Toradora's 50,000 now, after Toradora started out ahead. But episode 7 of this show was more entertaining for me than ep7 of that one.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-11-15 at 21:42.
Old 2008-11-15, 17:42   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

meh, i'm liking both series quite nicely - they're both solidly in my "tier 1" series for the season.

Another plus to the episode: tragic "christmas cake" teacher internal angst. I don't think we got to see *her* in a bathing suit (though Mr. PE was in full view).

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-11-15 at 17:58.
Old 2008-11-15, 19:52   Link #72
frubam
simp for Lyria

Random question, why did Minorin freak out about wearing the same outfit as Ami? i have a guess, but i'd just like to cross-ref with someone else.
Old 2008-11-15, 20:23   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

She thought it was a great idea at first and then realized that it would give girl watchers a direct and clear method of comparing her and Ami ("long legs", etc).
Old 2008-11-15, 23:00   Link #74
Teletha

Taiga was really cute this episode, I liked how she has progressed. Swimsuit season is hard, I can sympathize. But Ryūji is so insanely sweet in the things he does for Taiga, even if it's putting her fake boobs back in her swimsuit to save her embarrassment. His relationship with Taiga is heartwarming and sweet. More male characters like him please.
Old 2008-11-15, 23:41   Link #75
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
Taiga was really cute this episode, I liked how she has progressed. Swimsuit season is hard, I can sympathize. But Ryūji is so insanely sweet in the things he does for Taiga, even if it's putting her fake boobs back in her swimsuit to save her embarrassment. His relationship with Taiga is heartwarming and sweet. More male characters like him please.
Kinda reminding me of what Kyon does to Haruhi. It is a different issue though, he is just saving the universe in that case.
Old 2008-11-16, 00:51   Link #76
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This was one of the better eps in a while. Taiga showed a very big side of herself in the opening scene where she said nothing and walked away from Ami holding Ryuuji in a compromised position. She handled the situation impeccably, and, in all honesty, thinking back to how I was when I was that age, I'm not sure I'd have done the same. It's arguably the most mature act that we've seen from Taiga in this anime so far.

We've had a few posts in this thread pointing out how considerate and kind Ryuuji is, and how the way he goes above and beyond for Taiga shows a real value for their friendship, but I think this episode also shows another side of their relationship, and that's just how much trust and confidence Taiga must have in Ryuuji. She's willing to show some of her biggest insecurities to Ryuuji, which really says a lot about how much she values him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 07:
Again, I think it shows just how much she trusts him and appreciates what he does for her. But, yeah, I was also reminded of Hagu. And, you know, any reminder of Honey & Clover is certainly not a bad thing. I wouldn't quite say this show stands head and shoulders with it, but the way this show carries itself and invests in its characters, I certainly wouldn't say that an indirect comparison puts Toradora to shame.
Old 2008-11-16, 05:04   Link #77
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
She thought it was a great idea at first and then realized that it would give girl watchers a direct and clear method of comparing her and Ami ("long legs", etc).
Ok, I that's about what i thought. Minorin always seems to be focused on her physical figure, but since she's so 'out there' thought i asked in case it was something else. Makes me wonder if everything she does in terms of working and clubs revolve around getting slim.
Old 2008-11-16, 08:13   Link #78
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Personally I think Ami is the one who made the episode shine. She pretty much put everyone into shade with her character.
Old 2008-11-16, 09:09   Link #79
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Of course. Ami is by miles better than any other character in the series, illustrated by the fact that she is so hard to understand (like if she is really joking, or pretending to be joking etc.).

None other characters can match her in that. Specially not the rather plain main heroine.
Old 2008-11-16, 10:30   Link #80
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Of course. Ami is by miles better than any other character in the series, illustrated by the fact that she is so hard to understand (like if she is really joking, or pretending to be joking etc.).

None other characters can match her in that. Specially not the rather plain main heroine.
Actually Ami is probably the least complex as compared to Taiga and Minori, considering that fact that she is just as insecure as the other girls, only a wholly much more as she has to put on a mask most of the time in front of other people.

People don't hide behind a mask for nothing. Those who do are usually in fear of something.
Closed Thread