Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-01, 22:27   Link #21
WhiteRabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AR-
I downloaded it.

I wonder if any fansub group is going to pick this up.
where did you dl it from?
Old 2004-08-01, 22:40   Link #22
Spaceghost

The first 2 eps of deathsquad are on the main page.

It's funny.
Old 2004-08-01, 23:52   Link #23
Lakbay
<Insert>

Wow, episode 2 made no sense whatsoever
Old 2004-08-02, 01:12   Link #24
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky
btw why is it called "a pair of underwear" when theres only one?
It's one of those English oddities; everything somehow related to 'pants' is plural, even if it is only one item. eg. pants, trousers, shorts, knickers, panties, trunks, bloomers etc. The same goes for some other symmetrical objects, like scissors and glasses.
I'm not sure if anyone actually cares (or you're just trying to be amusing), but there is an historical reason why it is called a "pair" of pants. You see, back in Europe's medieval era the garment was actually composed of two separate leggings which were individually called a "pant". These pants were put on one leg at a time and then buckled together. Later on someone came up with the bright idea of sewing a pair of pants together into a single garment. The garment made up of a pair of pants sewn together was named... a pair of pants. Perhaps they should have come up with a more unique name like multi-ants to avoid these jokes about the name which have persisted for a thousand years since its inception. Now, that's an old joke.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-08-02, 10:32   Link #25
Kiro
chocolate overdose

episode2 wasn't as funny as episode1 (with some exceptions) but i still think, i'll follow this anime through the end. allthough most of the characters SHOULD be annoying, strangly i don't mind them here.

allthough the op and ed music is kinda childish, i'm sooo in love with those songs.
Old 2004-08-02, 13:12   Link #26
Za Paper

Onsokumaru is one of the funniest characters ever and I love the way he rolls his r's. Sasuke is hilarious as well.
Old 2004-08-02, 14:08   Link #27
Lakbay
<Insert>

ep. 3-2 YURI!!!!!
Old 2004-08-02, 14:17   Link #28
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Onsokumaru is one of the funniest characters ever and I love the way he rolls his r's. Sasuke is hilarious as well.
The guy who does Onsokumaru is my favourite (male) japanese voice actor.
Old 2004-08-02, 14:48   Link #29
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
For some reason, im not finding this show terribly funny. I do however think that Shinobu-chan is by far the cutest anime girl this season (yes, ever cuter then Ren from DearS and Miharu from Girls Bravo).
Old 2004-08-02, 15:54   Link #30
kirika

this show is even more funny after seeing an ep of naruto, when shinobu made the bunshin no justu , or the sasuke ( same name as ...),

onsokumaru was very funny also, but shinobu is very very stupid, no one can beat her , in this way.
Old 2004-08-02, 16:02   Link #31
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Sarutobi Sasuke is a famous ninja. The name "Sasuke" did not originate from Naruto.
Old 2004-08-02, 17:56   Link #32
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
Sarutobi Sasuke is a famous ninja. The name "Sasuke" did not originate from Naruto.
He never said it originated form Naruto. He said they had the same name.

You're right though.

Same thing for all the other ninja cliches like bunshin no jutsu, kawamiri no jutsu etc...they were all cliches long before they were featured in Naruto.
Old 2004-08-02, 21:50   Link #33
Lakbay
<Insert>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
For some reason, im not finding this show terribly funny. I do however think that Shinobu-chan is by far the cutest anime girl this season (yes, ever cuter then Ren from DearS and Miharu from Girls Bravo).
I'm assuming that most non-japanese citizens won't get most of the jokes since alot of the cracks are at stuff in japanese society and what not. i.e. Excel Saga and Furi Kuri had similar jokes
Old 2004-08-03, 01:42   Link #34
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakbay
I'm assuming that most non-japanese citizens won't get most of the jokes since alot of the cracks are at stuff in japanese society and what not. i.e. Excel Saga and Furi Kuri had similar jokes
I think a lot of the jokes are pretty universal. Showing someone shitting in reverse in a manga is funny in any language.
Old 2004-08-03, 04:10   Link #35
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
I think a lot of the jokes are pretty universal. Showing someone shitting in reverse in a manga is funny in any language.
Anyone who's seen a few ninja anime will get most of the jokes as well. There will probably be a pun or two lost in translation, but most of it is pretty universal.
Old 2004-08-03, 04:16   Link #36
Anlushac11

I checked this out on a whim and so far I find it hilarious. The off the wall comedy reminds me of Excel Saga and the female character designs reminds me of some of the cute female characters from Battle Programmer Shirase.

I also think Shinobu is one of the cutest anime girls this season. I have to go with Ren from dearS on having cuter facial expressions so far.

Onsokumaru is also a very good character so far.

I also like the OP and the claymation ED is also a nice touch.
Old 2004-08-03, 10:19   Link #37
mikeohara
Head Dude

Send a message via ICQ to mikeohara Send a message via AIM to mikeohara Send a message via MSN to mikeohara Send a message via Yahoo to mikeohara
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirika
this show is even more funny after seeing an ep of naruto, when shinobu made the bunshin no justu , or the sasuke ( same name as ...),

shinobu is very very stupid, no one can beat her, in this way.
*points his finger at Shinobu and yells baka a bunch of times ... then goes
and runs back to playing Doom 3*
Old 2004-08-03, 13:36   Link #38
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I watched episode 1 and thought it was irritating. I just wasted 20mins watching this crap
Old 2004-08-03, 18:09   Link #39
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
I watched episode 1 and thought it was irritating. I just wasted 20mins watching this crap
It's always nice to read well-argumented criticism...
Old 2004-08-03, 18:21   Link #40
Kiro
chocolate overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
It's always nice to read well-argumented criticism...
isn't obvious? the show isn't like hunter X hunter. so it's a bad show.

but i can understand that some people don't like the humor of this series. i had a hard time to find some of the jokes funny. but then some scenes were just too damn funny (for example in episode 1:where shinobu calls for her helper onsokumaru and TRIES to whistle. that alone was funny, but onsokumaro actually can hear her failed atempt at whistling through the night, just to keep bouncing against the closed window like a stupid fly. oh, so hillarious. )

Last edited by Kiro; 2004-08-03 at 18:35.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, seinen