AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-06-24, 08:36   Link #4941
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
I spell perfectly fine...and I use swears... ._.

(oh, maybe it really is the emoticons XD)

Nah, I don't play healers, usually tanks/ranged magics.
It's very likely the emoticons, yeah. It's kind of a bad generalization but I myself tend to assume anyone who uses them to a large degree (especially ;_; and XD) is female. Anyone who doesn't believe you when you tell them otherwise and continues to "stalk" you though just has issues. Reminds me of when some random guy tried to hit on one of my female characters. Told him I was a guy and he said "So? Your character is still hot so I'm hitting on her, not you". He ended up on ignore pretty fast.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 10:13   Link #4942
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You're a guy?

OH SHI-
CONTAMINATION ALERT!

Please quarantine yourself and stay out of the Kami Nomi thread. Thank you.

Quote:

Maybe don't use emoticons?

I only use them when I am being sarcastic or extremely caustic in my words (because there is no tone-detection system in MMO writing), but usually I would go with the regular "heal", "tank", or "stop raging, sore loser" as my comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It's very likely the emoticons, yeah. It's kind of a bad generalization but I myself tend to assume anyone who uses them to a large degree (especially ;_; and XD) is female. Anyone who doesn't believe you when you tell them otherwise and continues to "stalk" you though just has issues. Reminds me of when some random guy tried to hit on one of my female characters. Told him I was a guy and he said "So? Your character is still hot so I'm hitting on her, not you". He ended up on ignore pretty fast.
You should have trolled him by saying, "But my parents told me not to befriend strangers like you.". I enjoy teasing these people.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 11:31   Link #4943
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

I find its pretty much simple things that mislead them - using somewhat complete sentences, emoticons, being nice (e.g. yes, I saw you fighting that mob on top of the harvest node so I won't take it), being naturally ambiguous (because "really, you mmo-boytards it doesn't MATTER who's at the keyboard, think what you want because I can't believe anyone would date a potty-mouthed child like you anyway").

Then there's the self-protection mode, that "there are no girls on the Internet" bit of self-delusion (particularly hilarious when we have people over to play and I'm sitting with 2 males and 2-3 females playing an FPS or MMO).

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-06-24 at 19:31.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 11:34   Link #4944
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

You should have trolled him by saying, "But my parents told me not to befriend strangers like you.". I enjoy teasing these people.
I tend to prefer ignoring people but I have been known to troll if the situation requires it. Like the time I got some creepers to back off a guild member by telling them I was a "way hotter girl than them teehee <3" (it's really sad anyone actually fell for this tbh) and strung them along for a while before crushing them outright and telling them I was in fact not a girl.

Here's a silly question of my own - Does anyone know how many copies of Hyperdimension Neptunia were actually shipped to the US? I ask because I've noticed it is long out of stock most places and is continuously going up in price at sites that do have it - the lowest you can buy it new for on Amazon is $87. I've seen other recent rare games that nobody played but were critically acclaimed for $10, while this one was critically panned and is worth 8-9 times those. Must have been a seriously limited run.
Old 2011-06-24, 11:57   Link #4945
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I tend to prefer ignoring people but I have been known to troll if the situation requires it. Like the time I got some creepers to back off a guild member by telling them I was a "way hotter girl than them teehee <3" (it's really sad anyone actually fell for this tbh) and strung them along for a while before crushing them outright and telling them I was in fact not a girl.
Maybe it is how you are treated in life?

I used to be considered a josou meganekko because I was skinny, wear glasses, and look totally like a librarian-type girl with a towel over my head (long hair - shouldn't have hung out with arts-type people). Maybe that is why I treat those "you are a girl" type of insults, be it friendly or not, adamantly.

Despising extreme homophobes are a good thing. For a guy it is okay to be homophobic about BL, but nonetheless you still have to show those people respect as human beings, not marginalise them like weird freaks from outer space.

Quote:
Here's a silly question of my own - Does anyone know how many copies of Hyperdimension Neptunia were actually shipped to the US? I ask because I've noticed it is long out of stock most places and is continuously going up in price at sites that do have it - the lowest you can buy it new for on Amazon is $87. I've seen other recent rare games that nobody played but were critically acclaimed for $10, while this one was critically panned and is worth 8-9 times those. Must have been a seriously limited run.
If you want the limited edition complete with the playing cards, PM me. We can work out a price.

I still have 1 last extra copy I couldn't get off my hands thanks to a Canadian ass on ebay monopolising the market.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 12:15   Link #4946
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

If you want the limited edition complete with the playing cards, PM me. We can work out a price.

I still have 1 last extra copy I couldn't get off my hands thanks to a Canadian ass on ebay monopolising the market.
I already own the game (talked to you a couple times in the thread for it too). Was just curious about how many were actually released because I happened to see the price for it while browsing other games on Amazon. Never did get the playing cards but after seeing them going on ebay for more than the game I basically gave up on ever trying to get them.
Old 2011-06-24, 22:27   Link #4947
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
It's kind of a bad generalization but I myself tend to assume anyone who uses them to a large degree (especially ;_; and XD) is female.
Wha-? Since when!?
.....I think I need to stop using ;__; now

Quote:
Then there's the self-protection mode, that "there are no girls on the Internet" bit of self-delusion (particularly hilarious when we have people over to play and I'm sitting with 2 males and 2-3 females playing an FPS or MMO).
In my country, most people tend to play MMORPG to search for a date Almost all of them tend to ask facebook pages, picture or whatever on their first meeting

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 05:05   Link #4948
newcomer676

Why can't I upload a avatar, signature, etc.
I have read the forum rules, but still....
My internet problem?
newcomer676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 05:39   Link #4949
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ have you checked out the "User CP"?
Old 2011-06-26, 17:24   Link #4950
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Wha-? Since when!?

In my country, most people tend to play MMORPG to search for a date Almost all of them tend to ask facebook pages, picture or whatever on their first meeting
I'd say you have to be insane to give out that kind of information under those conditions I'd play with someone for *months* or *years* before I'd trade RL info (same as for forums or other virtual meeting areas).
Old 2011-06-27, 00:39   Link #4951
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd say you have to be insane to give out that kind of information under those conditions I'd play with someone for *months* or *years* before I'd trade RL info (same as for forums or other virtual meeting areas).
I gave out mine in months *once* which we because we were meeting up at an anime con, so I wasn't as worried or careful like I would be normally, which went fine. But yea normally I'd agree with Vexx to be very careful with it.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 05:10   Link #4952
HasuMasu
*Artist

is it okay to leave a fever alone?

38.0 degrees last i checked, and it feels much better than just a while ago
Old 2011-06-27, 05:26   Link #4953
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Take 500mg of Paracetamol (or Acetaminophen, depending which name they use where you live) now and every 4 hours until your fever is gone.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 05:54   Link #4954
HasuMasu
*Artist

ah, thanks man, i forgot na may biogesic kami sa bahay
Old 2011-06-27, 05:57   Link #4955
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Piso lang naman Biogesic anyway.

I usually tell patients (especially the poorer ones) to just cut the tablets for children to at least cut costs since other formulations tend to be more expensive. Fact of medicine in third world countries I guess.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 06:26   Link #4956
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Wha-? Since when!?
“Real men don’t cry (in public).”
Old 2011-06-27, 06:34   Link #4957
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok so anyone knows what happened to Tales of Vesperia (game, 360)? I was hopping to get it to play through the summer but when I browsed online I noticed the prices are all the way up to 100€ and out of stock almost everywhere. Any rumors on a new edition? Licensing problems?
Old 2011-06-27, 19:53   Link #4958
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Ok so anyone knows what happened to Tales of Vesperia (game, 360)? I was hopping to get it to play through the summer but when I browsed online I noticed the prices are all the way up to 100€ and out of stock almost everywhere. Any rumors on a new edition? Licensing problems?
I am moderately sure it's due the fact that it was released on the x-box market place completely download-able after buying it there, thus stores reasons to carry the physical has dropped greatly, and probably won't be printed more physical copies thus the price went up for them.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 20:59   Link #4959
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I am moderately sure it's due the fact that it was released on the x-box market place completely download-able after buying it there, thus stores reasons to carry the physical has dropped greatly, and probably won't be printed more physical copies thus the price went up for them.
Figures... My problem with the marketplace is that it's a single point of sale so you don't get competition and that leads to price stagnation (particularly in this sort of titles). Oh well, I guess I'll have to fork over the 30€ for it then (hope it's worth it, haven't been satisfied with JRPGs since Eternal Sonata actually).
Old 2011-06-30, 14:23   Link #4960
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Maybe someone can answer this for me:

You see my parents bought Windows 7 64bit when they bought their new pc, I was wondering can you reuse the cd etc. to install it on another computer as well (aka mine) or is it all computer bound with the serials etc.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious