AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-15, 13:58   Link #161
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
I never thought that Vic Mignogna would do a voice for a pokemon.
Vic Mignogna would be the only reason I'd watch this movie in english.
Old 2013-01-12, 05:07   Link #162
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thumbs down I'm Fed Up With this Anime

I came to politely post my outrage while keeping myself cool upon the events that transpired in this week's Pocket Monsters anime episode.

Ash lost in the QUARTER-FINALS of the Unova League.

You read it right, Ash lost the QUARTER-FINALS to some dumb, beginner kid he met halfway in season 2 of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes.

I mean what was all that experience in all those years Ash accumulated in Pokemon battles, eh?

Seriously, to me this is an insult to my intellect. I knew it all along the writers messed up imperially bad Best Wishes by regressing Ash how he started in the Kanto League. Besides, no Team Plasma debuting until next week's episode for the first time.

In my first post for Pocket Monsters Best Wishes I made myself clear that if Ash were to lose the Unova League any rank below the Semi-Finals, then it'll be over for me about the Pokemon anime.

It's been almost 14 years for me clinging to this show to watch Ash's steady progress to finally watch someday the day he wins a Pokemon League. Instead of that, he goes backwards and loses at an even lower rank than the last time he performed at the Sinnoh League.

I'm over with this anime. I'll be watching the remainder episodes for season two of BW, and then I'll probably watch the new arc starting next week featuring both N and Team Plasma, because I crave how much I wanted to see Team Plasma in the anime. After the Team Plasma arc is finished on October this year, then I'm finally out of the anime for good.

The only thing I'll be look forwarding about the Pokemon franchise are the upcoming sixth generation games coming soon this year on October.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 09:09   Link #163
sky black swordman

^ I can understand where your coming from. I'm irritated by the fact he didn't use his other pokemon!
His other pokemon are much more powerful then his current ones!
Old 2013-01-15, 20:07   Link #164
ChainLegacy
廉頗

The people behind the show have basically come out and said (years ago) that they don't really care about progressing the story. It's just a 'soft reset' with each generation, expecting a new generation of kids to come in and watch. I think it's a pretty dumb mind-set because they could easily progress the story gradually and keep the plot light enough for new kids to pick it up as they go along, but what can you do.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 20:17   Link #165
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

That's why I like the orange League, Ash is the champion there
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 20:20   Link #166
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
That's why I like the orange League, Ash is the champion there
Yeah, the Orange League was nice. Another factor is those early seasons felt much more fresh and 'real.' They didn't yet have this repeatable plan in place where everything got reset and the plots were much less formulaic. Of course I have my nostalgia goggles on when I'm talking early Pokemon seasons, but really, it has just become worse and worse from what I've seen. New Pokemon episodes feel.. 'sterile'... Very commercialized, even. Kind of like new episodes of The Simpsons compared to early seasons.
Old 2013-01-18, 14:52   Link #167
ShiroiRyu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXsF44gTCNk

So much awesomeness.
Don't know how to put a video. :/
Old 2013-01-18, 20:14   Link #168
sky black swordman

So Ash's most powerful pokemon(debatable) will be making a return!XD
Old 2013-01-19, 16:16   Link #169
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

So can someone please explain how Samurott's(The name escapes me at the moment) first evolution can fight on par with a pokemon like herdier? True, it's not like Herdier is crazy OP or anything but come on..it can't beat a first evolution of that level? The only way I can see something like that happening is if that first Evo was level ~30 or so and the Herdier decided to skip Takedown + Bite. Sorry Cheren, you lose points.(Sorry for this pokerant, I've been playing alot of pokemon recently) You were awesome in Pokemon Black/white but to think they nerfed you this hard in the anime/Black/white 2 to the point where your Herdier can't beat something like that..wow, just wow. Either way, was that Unova league match a 1 pokemon v 1 pokemon fight? who did he lose to? (which pokemon)
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 12:19   Link #170
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
So can someone please explain how Samurott's(The name escapes me at the moment) first evolution can fight on par with a pokemon like herdier? True, it's not like Herdier is crazy OP or anything but come on..it can't beat a first evolution of that level? The only way I can see something like that happening is if that first Evo was level ~30 or so and the Herdier decided to skip Takedown + Bite. Sorry Cheren, you lose points.(Sorry for this pokerant, I've been playing alot of pokemon recently) You were awesome in Pokemon Black/white but to think they nerfed you this hard in the anime/Black/white 2 to the point where your Herdier can't beat something like that..wow, just wow. Either way, was that Unova league match a 1 pokemon v 1 pokemon fight? who did he lose to? (which pokemon)
A lot of poo poo in the cartoon. A lot of times baby Pokemon beat final evolutions b/c their trainer "loved them more". Stuff that never happens in games.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 12:23   Link #171
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post

So much awesomeness.
If Charizard, Snorlax, maybe Tauros, Sceptile, and the other strongest Pokemon Ash had from more recent seasons (I don't know who they are cuz I haven't tuned in for quite some time), were his team, he'd actually be pretty damn powerful as a trainer.
Old 2013-01-20, 12:43   Link #172
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:

So much awesomeness.
Eh? It looks like that N will be Ash friend from the start by looking at that video? Hmm... I guess I should really need to watch this.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 15:03   Link #173
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
If Charizard, Snorlax, maybe Tauros, Sceptile, and the other strongest Pokemon Ash had from more recent seasons (I don't know who they are cuz I haven't tuned in for quite some time), were his team, he'd actually be pretty damn powerful as a trainer.
Hell, If he had used them in the Unova League he would have one the whole thing! Lucario vs Charizard, the latter would have owned Lucario not only in type advantage, but experience.

Well there was Infernape, Torterra, Gliscor, Staraptor, Gible and Buizel.
Old 2013-01-21, 03:51   Link #174
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Hell, If he had used them in the Unova League he would have one the whole thing! Lucario vs Charizard, the latter would have owned Lucario not only in type advantage, but experience.

Well there was Infernape, Torterra, Gliscor, Staraptor, Gible and Buizel.
This is news to me. Ash actually tries to evolve his pokemon now? or was that something that only used to happen in previous seasons? I mean..why hasn't the guy gone all the way with his Pikachu and made it a Raichu? why doesn't he use his stronger pokemon if he has them? Torterra and infernape alone could replace his baby pokemon with no problems. If he had need for a water one, he could just use his buizel. what the hell? Does he actively seek defeat when he tries to challenge the leagues? Call me naive or whatever but I was under the impression he wanted to be a Pokemon master (or was it champion) and that included beating the Champions of the various regions; not the guy that has to use the new cute baby pokemon that come with every new region, moreover the ones that suck until they evolve(I just mean by comparison to the other pokemon in the rest of the region by themselves they're not that bad). It's not like he's using Riolu or anything. ">_>
Old 2013-01-21, 07:36   Link #175
sky black swordman

^ Well, during the first generation only four of his pokemon evolved to their final forms. In the second generation just one pokemon evolved, however, not to its final form. In the third generation, 4 pokemon evolved to their final forms. Including ,one he obtained during the second generation. The fourth and fifth generations, you should know.

Pikachu does not want to evolve into a Raichu. Ash has decided to respect its wishes to remain Pikachu and not evolve into a Raichu.
Old 2013-01-21, 07:39   Link #176
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
^ Well, during the first generation only four of his pokemon evolved to their final forms. In the second generation just one pokemon evolved, however, not to its final form. In the third generation, 4 pokemon evolved to their final forms. Including ,one he obtained during the second generation. The fourth and fifth generations you know.
Pikachu does not want to evolve into Raichu. Ash has decided to respect its wishes to remain Pikachu and not evolve into a Raichu.
Hmm, I see. I guess his evolution track record is in decent shape. As for Pikachu, I wonder why he/she doesn't want to evolve. Either way, I'm glad Ash hasn't tried to evolve it by force and decided to respect it's wishes. Though..how does Ash even communicate with Pikachu. I've never truly understood that.
Old 2013-01-21, 07:56   Link #177
ChainLegacy
廉頗

The episode explaining why Pikachu doesn't evolve is a classic one. He's up against Lt. Surge's Raichu, but Pika rejects the thunder stone.
Old 2013-01-21, 16:46   Link #178
Kudryavka

Quote:
The episode explaining why Pikachu doesn't evolve is a classic one. He's up against Lt. Surge's Raichu, but Pika rejects the thunder stone.
yea Pikachu is too scared to evolve. He wants to stay small.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 17:24   Link #179
MAX_COLA_POWER!

If Pikachu evolves, Ikue Ohtani loses one of her meal tickets. You think it's enough to be Tony Tony Chopper and Konohamaru? Actually, scratch that latter one, being Chopper is enough.
Old 2013-01-21, 20:14   Link #180
sky black swordman

Quote:
IIRC, in the Diamond and Pearl series there was an episode another episode about that. In the episode Pikachu reaffirmed his decision in staying a Pikachu, we also learned that Ash keep the thunder stone that Nurse Joy gave him in the episode you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
yea Pikachu is too scared to evolve. He wants to stay small.
He is not scared, he just wants to remain a Pikachu.
Pikachu wants to get stronger without evolving into a Raichu to gain more stength..

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-01-22 at 05:48.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote