AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 09:35   Link #1281
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
One other question, from someone who hasn't read the LN and little of the manga: is Snow-Black's true name ever revealed, or are we left knowing her only as Princess Snow Black? That ending line of "My name is..." is kind of frustrating.
Nope, not yet as far as I know.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 09:41   Link #1282
GundamZZ
残念美人

According to a trustworthy source, her name is
Spoiler:

Taku has the legit reason to be mad. Haru stole his girlfriend. He deserves some sympathy. T_T
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 09:49   Link #1283
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post

Taku has the legit reason to be mad. Haru stole his girlfriend. He deserves some sympathy. T_T
Not really as far as even anime depicted. She is only with Taku because Haru didn't ask her out. If Haru would ask her out I'm sure she would instantly go to him.
Just watch again the ep where Haru looks for backdoor, you have all signs you need that she is madly in love with him.

That's why I said before, I wonder how will the love story progress. Will Chiyu stay with Taku or will she pursue her love for Haru.
It can go any way considering Haru is interested in other woman.
Old 2012-05-05, 10:06   Link #1284
Random Wanderer

Phew, my princess is safe. I can stop watching this now.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:09   Link #1285
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
My statement may indeed be ambiguous, but I'm not rejecting SAO, rather, I'm rejecting the speculations of who KYH is related to. Enough of the somewhat off-topic discussion ^^
I'm actually misleading before, and thanks for your correction !
Anyways, let's see how people can re-get love for Yoshino.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 14:59   Link #1286
com_gwp

I'm surprised at the amount of flak the show is still getting. This was honestly the best episode yet IMO. Sure, maybe slighty predictable and overacted, but a really engaging episode with some great action.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 15:16   Link #1287
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I have a question for novel readers though, was Haru on this level of moping and self-effacing or is this just Yoshino going overboard with his Yuki Kaji voiced lead character again? I have to admit it's starting to feel like Haru is doing that two steps forward one and a half steps back thing with his progress in being less weak-willed to the point where it starts to feel like a retread and I definitely don't want a repeat of some of the other Kaji/Yoshino characters I've seen in recent years. So that's my concern going forward.
It's frustrating to answer but.... the author isn't that good at writing romantic novel
Spoiler:

what year does japan starts their primary education? or just going to school?
Spoiler for continuation:

Now comes the frustrating part

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Very interesting series. I hope we get to find out what sort of "insecurities" Snow Black has, the frustrations and sense of inferiority that led to that form. Actually, I'd like to know the meaning behind the forms all the different duel avatars take. I'm a little concerned, because an avatar like that is pretty extreme in some ways. I've heard plenty of times about what it means when a child creates an image of herself without hands; replacing them with blades seems to coplement that pretty well.
And when/if Chiyu becomse a Burster, I'd be curious about the meaning behind hers as well...
I'm not familiar much with black lotus and how she become like that. A body made up of blades or full of blades. Even her arms and feet are blades. She can't be touch or touch anyone without hurting them. Pretty sad avatar.....

and duel avatar comes from insecurities and trauma of the burst linker. As for Silver Crow. Well it more comes from his trauma which is bullying and his physical looks which is easy to see.

In the first episode where you can see the part where his dreaming. The processing of the duel avatar. There are tons of mask and people looking down on him and him being step down onto the floor. And also a crow? or a bird flying to the sky. Haru wants to reach that place. A place higher than anyone where no one can look down on him anymore. Thus silver crows flight ability was born. And for the form. Despite being a metal character which boost being good at defense. His character is pretty fragile and weak. Even if metal chara should be strong against piercing. Taku's cyan pile still destroy his arm. This comes to his insecurities which shown in episode 2 where he truly believes that his duel avatar was weak. He really doesn't believe on himself and that result in a fragile character and slim or flimsy? (not good at english words) or stick? like character. Even if the origin of his character should be strong. He himself hampers it down from being weak thus a fragile character. But since he got fast brain processing or reflex. A slim or light weight character is good for him. Because it allows him for more agile movements and more speedy attacks which he only have is melee attacks. The flight ability gives him huge advantage because he can hit and run and opponent. Hit them fast them fly upwards to avoid the attack. Which is shown on the battle with Taku. Plus he can also drag the opponent high up in the sky then throw them down or drop them. That will KO anyone which drop on a high place.

As for Chiyu..... spoilers
Old 2012-05-05, 16:34   Link #1288
00Coyote

I'm late to the episode 5 party... but oh my.

I can't decide if I should be impressed with whoever put this 'story' together or revile them to the end of time for such a ... thing as this.

It would have been a thing of beautiful satire, to squeeze so many generic action cliches into one 22 minute time span, but it wasn't satire, they were playing it straight. Watching it, I had to stop every 45 seconds. do a double facepalm, or on more than one occasion beat my head against the desk. Did they REALLY aim for this much camp? Exactly how much effort did they put into making this as horribly generic as possible? When the author was writing this, was it a conscious goal to take every standard shounen trope, string them one after another unmodified into one episode? Throw it at the wall see what sticks.

The sum of all the boy scouts throughout history can't match this episode's camp, Every pizza joint in Chicago could be supplied for a year with all the cheese in this one episode, and it needs to be wrapped in a plain white box, with black helvetica print, and a bar-code just to contain so much generic.

*sigh*
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 18:36   Link #1289
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
KYH was practically in coma for the whole of the match. If Taku manages to challenge KYH, he would be standing in front of her bed in Cyan Pile while having a free kill. She was most likely burst linked as she has Silver Crow on her watchlist.
Who knows really? Fights in Brain Burst are done in Accel mode, which are done in an accelerated time frame. The entire fight probably lasted 1 minute at the most in real time, and I find it hard to believe that KYH's condition suddenly improved in that small of a time frame that she would be unconscious at one end and fully functional at the other.

As such, I'm of the opinion that she was simply awakened by Haru during his monologue, but took a long time in being fully awake in the accel world because Haru wasn't actively trying to wake her up. If she was forcefully awakened though, like being challenged in a duel, she would be in full form to defend herself.

Of course, all speculation, but it's what I think is the most logical one considering what we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol no, not equal.
I dunno man, what has Chiyu done for Taku really? She worried for him, made him a sammich as a result, and cabled as well. All of which she did for Taku before she did for Haru. I say it's pretty darn equal.

Of course, Taku being the possessive freak read things the wrong way.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 19:18   Link #1290
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Who knows really? Fights in Brain Burst are done in Accel mode, which are done in an accelerated time frame. The entire fight probably lasted 1 minute at the most in real time,
Not even close. Remember, there are over 16 minutes of accelerated time for every second of real time. Also, I have been given the impression that the maximum time limit for each duel is 30 minutes, accelerated time. Hime regained consciousness less than one second (real time) after Haru challeneged Taku. For that to work, she must have automatically gone into burst mode as soon as the duel started. There must be some manner of program that brings in nearby burst linkers as observers, or something to that effect, since she was in the program while unconscious.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 19:43   Link #1291
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
This part is one of my favorite parts in the manga so far but I was kind of disappointed with this episode. Pacing was off and I find the BGM rather unimpressive.

As for the changes they made... although the thing with Taku admitting defeat and letting go of Haru to accept his loss was dramatic IMO it would still be better if Taku didn't let go and have Haru his internal monologue that he will believe in his decision to trust Taku again cause you know that internal monologue is supposed to emphasize his character growth.
Hmm, I agree with the BGM bit, it's kinda jarring...

And about Taku letting go... going back to check, that didn't happen in the LNs Just Taku begging not to get tossed down from that height to get KOed, and lose all his burst points (Lvl1 beating Lvl4 means 40 points lost from Taku, each level difference means 10 more points lost/gained)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:21   Link #1292
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Finally, we get some story development.

Haru attacked Taku, and at first could even score a few hits - which didn't really harm Taku though.
When Taku got too annoyed, he pounded Haru into the ground, making him lose an arm and a foot. Now what was that "resistance against amputation" again? XD

Haru, barely alive anymore, had another of his spineless whining fits, when... suddenly, wings! XD
Now that was really totally absurd. With that deus-ex-machina-ability which came out of nowhere, he was finally able to beat Cyan Pile.

Oh well, at least kyh abandoned her awful butterfly avatar and took back her Black Lotus one, which is already a great improvement.

What still remains is that everything is still greatly marred by the extremely messed up chara design of Haru. Not enough that he's only half the size of an ordinary girl, putting him on the same level as the world's smallest body builder who's measuring in at 84 cm.
But not enough with that, they also have to make him literally as wide as he's high, way beyond fat and even way beyond obese, giving him the figure of the Stay Puft marshmallow man.
All the serious build up they've been doing so carefully gets destroyed in an instant if you just take one look at Haru's way beyond ludicrous appearance.

This could've been so much better without that significant flaw. Oh well... let's hope the scenes with Stay-Puft-Haru will be kept to a minimum now.
Old 2012-05-05, 21:36   Link #1293
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

"My name is..."

*preview*

WHAT THE HELL!?

Good episode, nice action and good progress. I LOL'd when she said "I could get addicted to this"
Old 2012-05-05, 23:05   Link #1294
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Things I learned by reading this thread this week.

- Shonen outright bad by default
- No fat guys

That is all.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 00:16   Link #1295
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Except "no fat guys" would put down most of the males in this thread, and the internet in general.

Say no to discrimination! Embrace fat guys!

(Totally can be misquoted there...)
Old 2012-05-06, 00:23   Link #1296
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Not a lot of excessively overweight people are as adorable looking as Haruyuki. Just relax and let your inner-otaku be pandered to...
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 01:16   Link #1297
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Not a lot of excessively overweight people are as adorable looking as Haruyuki. Just relax and let your inner-otaku be pandered to...
Yeah, dude is as cute as Eiga from Bamboo Blade. You just want to hug him. And KHY to boot lol

Not much else to say, other than not really feeling the anime so far. Might pick it up later on, but for the time being I'm not really feeling it ...
Old 2012-05-06, 02:40   Link #1298
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Episode 5

Taku is jealous of Haru, because Chiyu pays more attention to Haru. Because he gets pick on and he doesn't hang out with Taku and her anymore. Taku feels inferior and strives to be the best to impress Chiyu, which she does not care for, because he seems fake and only wants him to be himself.

Now Taku is allied with Haru right?

Feel free to correct me.
Old 2012-05-06, 03:39   Link #1299
Sixth
Hu Tao

Haru stealing young and beautiful girls since episode 0. There are some many girls introduced in the opening scene, and it would be hilarious if Haru end up triggered all flags in every of his encounter. Accel World? Calling it "harem world" or "ntr world" would be more appropriate.

Also, I already the like the "nerd" square avatar in this episode.

Since "wing" is what defines "silver crow", I hope there is no bs plot device or anything to prevent him from using it in future arc.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 04:30   Link #1300
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Haru stealing young and beautiful girls since episode 0. There are some many girls introduced in the opening scene, and it would be hilarious if Haru end up triggered all flags in every of his encounter. Accel World? Calling it "harem world" or "ntr world" would be more appropriate.
wait, what? really this happens? i can believe a hot and popular girl falling for a chubby nerdy guy, but if this starts turning into a harem, yeah i know im describing a lot of mangas and LN with this, but the kind of drama this series have is based on haruyuki only beign liked by his two friends and now kuroyuki, and he beign good at games its somethin he always had, so unless every king is a girl... wich if i see the op is very likely...and end up liking him for his game abilities, will pretty much kill the setup between haru and kuroyuki, after all so far chiyu has been potrayed(to me)as a good friend instead of a love interest .

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen