AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad series - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 280 64.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 96 22.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 7.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 2.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.16%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-07-15, 01:16   Link #541
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

lol, my friend told me she was crying all the way from episodes 16 to 24 of After Story.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 01:36   Link #542
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
O-o Is it sad?
Old 2010-07-15, 01:46   Link #543
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
lol, my friend told me she was crying all the way from episodes 16 to 24 of After Story.
Wow , and also like Triple_R, I do appreciate Clannad, and Nagisa now a good deal more after having watched Kanon 2006 xD.

Off topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Nayuki is a great character, and yeah, she really did get shafted. They could have at least given us backflash scenes pertaining to the letters she wrote Yuuichi. I felt a bit cheated there, honestly.
I agree completely with this statement D:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 02:41   Link #544
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soap View Post
O-o Is it sad?
You haven't watched After Story?

You're missing out on 3/4 of Clannad.
Old 2010-07-15, 03:15   Link #545
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:

I'd say more like 3/5 cause 25% Clannad, 5% Tomoyo OVA, 10% Kyou OVA , but still ya <_<.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 03:30   Link #546
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Send a message via AIM to Sin of Memories Send a message via MSN to Sin of Memories Send a message via Yahoo to Sin of Memories
Quote:

I have read all there is to read of Clannad on OneManga so I am now watching Clannad. After that I will be watching CAS ^_^ I love Clannad and I want to know how it ends so i will be watching everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I'd say more like 3/5 cause 25% Clannad, 5% Tomoyo OVA, 10% Kyou OVA , but still ya <_<.
Then I will also have to watch those too. I want to know how everything goes.... Clannad manga on OM is incomplete and I have finally got around to watching it. So, I am now enjoying Clannad even more than I ever have because it is hard to fully understand emotions from a manga. After reading a manga then watching the anime, I can get the full effect intended for the actual piece. After that I feel it is complete, although this only ties into romances and other certain manga that I deem it is needed. Things like fairytale and whatnot I think I do not need to watch the anime.
Old 2010-07-15, 03:33   Link #547
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soap View Post
I have read all there is to read of Clannad on OneManga so I am now watching Clannad. After that I will be watching CAS ^_^ I love Clannad and I want to know how it ends so i will be watching everything.
clannad manga like any key manga adaptations are just completely atrocious just absolutely atrocious.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 04:07   Link #548
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
clannad manga like any key manga adaptations are just completely atrocious just absolutely atrocious.
Yeah the manga's art and stuff don't really appeal to me. And you don't get the same kind of feeling in black and white as you do in colour.
Old 2010-07-15, 04:23   Link #549
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Agreed. Although now that think about it, the manga, in a way, seems like it was an after thought. The full meaning, depth, and emotion behind Clannad is just not there as it is in the Anime, thus the anime is overall more superior than the manga itself. But then again, I was able to get a lot of emotion, feeling, and depth from Ichigo 100%, but that started off as an manga....

Edit: no need to answer. I have found everything I need to know on wikipedia.
Old 2010-07-15, 04:35   Link #550
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Yeah the manga's art and stuff don't really appeal to me. And you don't get the same kind of feeling in black and white as you do in colour.
And you also can't get the same emotion without actually hearing Nagisa speak.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 04:36   Link #551
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

dang it.

;_;
Old 2010-07-15, 04:47   Link #552
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And you also can't get the same emotion without actually hearing Nagisa speak.
It's not even the lack of color or sound, the fact that hte product itself is just an half assed attempt to monetize on those who love the series is whats truly terrible. It's short, does not even capture any of the intricacies that the show or game develop, it's just dissappointing all around.
Old 2010-07-15, 04:53   Link #553
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
It's not even the lack of color or sound, the fact that hte product itself is just an half assed attempt to monetize on those who love the series is whats truly terrible. It's short, does not even capture any of the intricacies that the show or game develop, it's just dissappointing all around.
Agreed.... I feel in love with Cannad after reading the manga, but then after watching the anime I noticed how much was left out. The manga is a worthless in my eyes as it cannot express the feelings that needed to be felt. It can be done in a manga, but it requires for more talent and cohesion of the art than what was displayed. Icigo 100% and I"S was able to do this very well.
Old 2010-07-15, 05:09   Link #554
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Having played the voice version, I simply cannot imagine how they would portray the "birth" without voices, because beyond the visual imagery, it's the fantastic voice acting from 2 top rated voice talents that made it all the more poignant.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 05:18   Link #555
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

Hm.. I get waht you mean adn you have a very valid point.
Old 2010-07-15, 05:21   Link #556
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Having played the voice version, I simply cannot imagine how they would portray the "birth" without voices, because beyond the visual imagery, it's the fantastic voice acting from 2 top rated voice talents that made it all the more poignant.
eh, i was there for hte birth of my brother, and although it was joyous occasion I can guarantee you that ushio's birth was not realistic. I mean thats just my perosnal bias and I love my brother dearly, but when my mom had him and my father was in the room, boy oh boy were their some coarse words for him. but then again thats just me so when I played the non-voice it didn't bother me at all.
Old 2010-07-15, 20:05   Link #557
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If I had watched Clannad after Kanon 2006, I would have been much more forgiving to how After Story ended. After Story's ending feels like a minor miracle compared to the confluence of miracles at the end of Kanon 2006.
Haha, it's kinda funny how some people will find Kanon's ending more acceptable, and others Clannad. To me, I'm just like "ok sure, whatever. But lay off the drugs man..."

And to compare the two, I'm gonna say the cast of Kanon needs Kotomi's stash of drugs. (Or whatever the pie is)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 20:34   Link #558
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

My overall feel of Clannad

Spoiler for What I felt:
Old 2010-07-16, 02:09   Link #559
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Whoa, whoa, easy now. Clannad was great, but "better than Eva"? Come on. I think you're just on a high after having watched a great new series (happens to all of us).

Also, where the hell was all that manga discussion when I got the thread created a while ago. >_>

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93474

I still think the manga is pretty good, though. Of course, there were some changes from the original series, but to me, they were good changes.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 02:26   Link #560
Sin of Memories
あなたが忘れられない

OT: It was good but I didn't get the same feel as I did with clannad. Those is why I was being so critical. Also, Eva was interesting to me but just didn't hit on the same note as Clannad did. To me, there was no play to emotions and I thought that Eva was boring.