Title of the Game: Reminiscence
Company: Tigre Soft
Scenario Writer: Kinugasa Shougo
Character Designer: Tomose Shunsaku
Site: http://www.tigresoft.com/reminiscence/index.html

Introduction:
Quote:
That is the story about memories.
The first project by Tigre is the "Akatsuki no Goei series" which is created by the well-known Kinugasa Shougo and Tomose Shunsaku.
The stage of the story takes place in the city in the future where humans and androids lives together.
The story is foretold from two different cities related to each other, the peaceful city where people are treated equally, and the gorgeous city where people dreams to get rich quickly.

The main character became despaired at everything in the past, but what is the future that he grasps hold off after meeting a mysterious girl......?
Now, this game is greatly related to the previous series. so it is a "must check" for the fans!

Last edited by n0m@n; 2013-05-31 at 08:27.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-31, 08:43   Link #2
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Thanks for putting this up!

I can't wait to see more hidden badass moments from Hidetaka.
Old 2013-06-02, 04:31   Link #3
n0m@n
C-Z

Awesome!!
Im still half way, but....
Spoiler for Guess who:
Old 2013-06-02, 05:20   Link #4
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I know what you mean!

Spoiler:

The moment someone linked me to this, I almost died squealing of joy for several minutes straight.
Old 2013-06-02, 05:23   Link #5
Kirayuki

Heh....that sure gonna make fanboys and fangirls squealing hard.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 06:48   Link #6
n0m@n
C-Z

With Kaito back, this game is definitely the best game of the year for me.
And like usual, he's monstrously strong.
Old 2013-06-02, 23:41   Link #7
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Kaito is just so iconic, even the author couldn't kill him off. 150 years is nothing to Kaito!

I wonder how many ladies this dude ended up having kids with.
Old 2013-06-03, 00:35   Link #8
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Oh, Tigre Soft succeeded the former company. So I was a little confused when I read they developed Akatsuki no Goei. Now I'm just plain curious.
Old 2013-06-05, 08:01   Link #9
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

What a freaking awesome treat.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-05, 09:23   Link #10
n0m@n
C-Z

Lol, it certainly is.
Just finished playing every route. After finishing every route, you will unlock a "Kyouichi(Kaito)'s mode". And its awesome. Kaito definitely is the best.
Spoiler for His route:
Old 2013-06-05, 09:39   Link #11
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh my god. I might need a box of tissues for all the sobbing I'll be doing once I hit that part.

Ren and Kaito bicker like an old married couple, and I find it absolutely entertaining every time I see them doing so. I especially feel sorry for poor Ren; she's not completely trained and equipped to deal with Kaito's whims and out-of-the-blue gags like Reika and Tsuki were, and I get the impression that it drives her up the wall every time she has to deal with it (not to mention that Kaito seems to love doing it particularly because it drives Ren nuts).

I really love how Kinugasa's characters all remain relatively relevant in the entire scheme of things. He really makes full use of the six degrees of separation idea, even up to now. Not only that, but also with how all the ladies are so sassy and ノリノリ while the male lead (for the most part, but not restricted to him alone) is a hilarious butt monkey yet rolls along with the punches (but has super awesome badass moments).

I really missed this author-artist tandem. Now I'm kind of curious enough to pick up the LN series both of these guys are working on...
Old 2013-06-05, 10:04   Link #12
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Oh my god. I might need a box of tissues for all the sobbing I'll be doing once I hit that part.

Ren and Kaito bicker like an old married couple, and I find it absolutely entertaining every time I see them doing so. I especially feel sorry for poor Ren; she's not completely trained and equipped to deal with Kaito's whims and out-of-the-blue gags like Reika and Tsuki were, and I get the impression that it drives her up the wall every time she has to deal with it (not to mention that Kaito seems to love doing it particularly because it drives Ren nuts).

I really love how Kinugasa's characters all remain relatively relevant in the entire scheme of things. He really makes full use of the six degrees of separation idea, even up to now. Not only that, but also with how all the ladies are so sassy and ノリノリ while the male lead (for the most part, but not restricted to him alone) is a hilarious butt monkey yet rolls along with the punches (but has super awesome badass moments).

I really missed this author-artist tandem. Now I'm kind of curious enough to pick up the LN series both of these guys are working on...
After finishing the game, Im pretty positive that there will be a sequel. Well, they did build a separate company, so there will be a high chance of being a sequel.

Yeah, Ren becomes the victim of Kaito's bad joke. Playing as Hidetaka, you will know how lame Hidekata tends to be compared to Kaito. Well, no one can beat Kaito after all. Hidetaka even has a bad end where he has sex with his best guy friend after being drunk.... This game actually requires you to finish Rin and Nozomi first before you can attempt the other three heroine's route. Well, like I said before, Ren is just too adorable. No wonder Nozomi's fiance has a crush on her. But our man Kaito already grasped her heart.

Spoiler for Kaito route:

Yeah, I really need more Ren.......
Old 2013-06-05, 10:11   Link #13
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
After finishing the game, Im pretty positive that there will be a sequel. Well, they did build a separate company, so there will be a high chance of being a sequel.

Yeah, Ren becomes the victim of Kaito's bad joke. Playing as Hidetaka, you will know how lame Hidekata tends to be compared to Kaito. Well, no one can beat Kaito after all. Hidetaka even has a bad end where he has sex with his best guy friend after being drunk.... This game actually requires you to finish Rin and Nozomi first before you can attempt the other three heroine's route. Well, like I said before, Ren is just too adorable. No wonder Nozomi's fiance has a crush on her. But our man Kaito already grasped her heart.

Spoiler for Kaito route:

Yeah, I really need more Ren.......
Kaito has Hidetaka beat. Every. Single. Time. That part where Hide was trying to get his fingerprints, only for Kaito to have an "accident" was just gold, especially when Kaito makes it obvious that he caught on to Hide's ulterior motive while Ren was just clueless the entire time.

Though despite Kaito's return, the author makes sure to never have Kaito steal the spotlight too much from Hidetaka, and I find this reassuring with regards to his writing. I don't want another Gundam Seed Destiny (referring to how the old cast just hogged the spotlight from the new ones once they returned thanks to terrible writing and characterization), and thankfully nothing like that takes place in Reminiscence. Kaito is a badass every time he shows up, and I love him for it, but he doesn't steal the plot and run away with it nor does he end up as the author's pet and I am so thankful for this.

I've only seen little of Ren compared to your experience, but yes. She is horribly, terribly adorable. It's like how I imagined Reika to be! If Reika wasn't superbly tsuntsun, that is.

I hope the sequel, or fandisc, will have more Madoka and Aksella. I really love those two heroines the most so far.
Old 2013-06-05, 10:20   Link #14
n0m@n
C-Z

Yeah, i like how the authors portrays each character. And you are right. He doesnt make the old MC steal the new MCs spotlight. And the game even has a special Kaito scenario for the old fans, and that was terrific.
Yeah, I have been reading the LN Kinugasa and Tomose has been doing. Well, the reason why I picked this LN was because it was done by them. I love their badass type MC.
But these two certainly love pink-hair tsundere girls.... They are indeed super cute.
Old 2013-06-05, 10:25   Link #15
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

If you don't mind me asking, how's the LN? It's only three volumes in so it should be real easy to catch up, but I'm curious as to what it's premise is and how the characters in it are written
Old 2013-06-05, 10:38   Link #16
n0m@n
C-Z

Volume 1 was basically introducing the characters.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vie...hp?f=15&t=5148
Souichirou, the main character. A deliquent who is feared by everyone in his school. He's similiar to Kaito in a way. Going through rough times in his childhood, and ending up becoming really strong but isolated from everyone.
Teeri, a one winged Devil, who came to the human world and starts living in Souichirou's house until she finds the way to get back. She's a pink hair loli who is really selfish. More of a Reika's incarantion if we assume that Souichirou is an incarantion of Kaito of this LN.
Elise, a Angel, who is busty unlike Teeri. She came to Souichiro's house to send Teeri back and because Souichirou has the possibility to become a High-level Angel or a Demon-General which will break the balance of the world.

Volume 2 is a vaccation to the beach. Elise's siblings appears. Her brother is super hentai and funny character. He's like Son where he is used for comedies(Though different personality).
In this trip, Souichirou would borrow a power from High-level Angel, Michael, in order to save Teeri.

Volume 3 actually was good. In this volume, a Demon-Generals appears and one of them takes over the body of this girl who has a crush on Souichirou.

Just like Akatsukino Goei series, the conversation between the character is super awesome and funny. Especially ones involving Elise's brother who appears from Volume 2.
Old 2013-06-06, 02:19   Link #17
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Speaking of premature bad ends, the one with Hide copping a feel off of Kazuha's chest was priceless. Having to click the option ten times, with Hide adamantly refusing, and Yuuki gradually backing away from Hide was just too funny.
Old 2013-06-08, 06:10   Link #18
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Not too pleased with having to play through both Rin's and Nozomi's routes seeing as Hide was severely OOC and the conclusions were pretty much rushed, but now that I'm Aki's route I have no further complaints.

This bit made me cry so bad.

Spoiler for Major Aki route spoiler; Click at your own risk!:
Old 2013-06-09, 01:36   Link #19
n0m@n
C-Z

Lol. If you think about it, those two routes are kind of ntr themed.
-Rin: She first gets stalked, video taped, and almost raped by her manager. At the end, the sex-preying actor tries to do the same by blackmailing her. In both cases she was molested and slapped around.
-Nozomi: She doesn't know whether she likes her fiancée or not, but she didnt mind marrying him. And if you choose her route, she breaks it off.

Yeah, Aki's route was quite serious compared to the previous two mentioned. She has a 180 degree change in her personality, and it was scary when she goes "Dark mode". Aki, Accsela, and Kizuna's route is longer, and focuses more on the plot. So it feels like these three are the heroines, and Rin and Nozomi are more of a sub-heroine since their route didnt have that much plot in it.

Personally, my preference goes Ren(Lol, she isnt a heroine)>Accsela>Kizuna>Aki>Rin>Nozomi>Madoka(Damn , I hate her).
Old 2013-06-09, 03:39   Link #20
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Aki's felt like it was too emotional, and left many important plot threads unresolved. I can see the dramatic appeal in her route, but it just wasn't my sort of thing, especially when the inconsistencies just kept nagging away at me. Currently on Accsela, then I'll tackle Kizuna's last. And then the Kaito treat.

Out of curiosity, why the hate for Madoka? Is it because of her indecisiveness when it comes to her relationship with Isobe?