AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-04-11, 20:29   Link #981
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click This View Post
Why would she kill herself years after the robbery? She obviously much younger in that flashback.
Because her family self-destructed with the loss of the other 3 sibs. Mom gets depressed, turns to alcohol. Dad stays at work late hours and then starts having an affair with a co-worker and then divorces mom... Mom commits suicide.

Yuri moves in with dad but is never accepted as dad and new wife have a kid ( a baby boy). Thinking that it was all her fault, Yuri commits suicide. (Yuri was talking a little about how she felt about the death of her sibs.)

Unable to move on, Yuri lands in Purgatory with all her memories intact and decides to rebel being in that Anger stage of grief response.

*There you have it. A suicide scenario.*

Last edited by orion; 2010-04-11 at 20:48.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:32   Link #982
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Spoiler for speculah:
Spoiler for maybe not speculating?:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:36   Link #983
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

ok, after watching ep 2, I am over 75 percent sure that Yui is one of Yuri's siblings (that died) and will be instrumental for pushing or reducing the rebellion. (and more character development for Yuri)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:36   Link #984
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Completely agree. Tenshi only goes after them when they are ACTIVELY opposing the system, and I found a pretty good fanart.
Spoiler for it's cute:
In the first episode I'd agree. The second episode is a bit more strange. I mean obviously they've been building weapons down there for a very long time. But now randomly she decides to make an attack. If they are constantly doing this shouldn't she be constantly trying to stop them? Just leaves me wondering why attack then. Sure Tenshi might respond in extreme ways (stabbing Otonashi to answer a question), but she hasn't made moves without any reason to them.
Old 2010-04-11, 20:38   Link #985
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
In the first episode I'd agree. The second episode is a bit more strange. I mean obviously they've been building weapons down there for a very long time. But now randomly she decides to make an attack. If they are constantly doing this shouldn't she be constantly trying to stop them? Just leaves me wondering why attack then. Sure Tenshi might respond in extreme ways (stabbing Otonashi to answer a question), but she hasn't made moves without any reason to them.
Maybe someone tipped her off, or Tenshi got caught in a trap and is investigating further.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:49   Link #986
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Spoiler for maybe not speculating?:
Spoiler for Speculation doesn't require spoiler tags, but...:
Old 2010-04-11, 20:49   Link #987
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
ok, after watching ep 2, I am over 75 percent sure that Yui is one of Yuri's siblings (that died) and will be instrumental for pushing or reducing the rebellion. (and more character development for Yuri)
I was about to ask about her. She doesn't appear in the OP or the ED, so I was curious as to whether there's a reason for that or not. (I guess she's not a member of the SSS? But according to Wiki she is not only an SSS member but a main character as well.)

I also thought that she looked like one of Yuri's younger sisters, the only difference being Yui's hair color is a lighter/brighter shade of pink. I think it'd be awesome if she was her younger sister. *w*

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 20:55   Link #988
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
They ran out of ammo and weapons. Tenshi was preventing them from getting resupplied.

The traps were there because she prob did try before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
I was about to ask about her. She doesn't appear in the OP or the ED, so I was curious as to whether there's a reason for that or not. (I guess she's not a member of the SSS? But according to Wiki she is not only an SSS member but a main character as well.)

I also thought that she looked like one of Yuri's younger sisters, the only difference being Yui's hair color is a lighter/brighter shade of pink. I think it'd be awesome if she was her younger sister. *w*
The sibs died before Yuri. Most likely the reincarnated sib doesn't remember her. It would be very tragic for a kid to have an early death twice imo.
Old 2010-04-11, 21:24   Link #989
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Speculation doesn't require spoiler tags, but...:
The giant umbrella term for this whole series IS "Life", remember.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 21:24   Link #990
Demetrius
Brittle Bullet

Quote:

I didn't even notice her until I read about her in this thread. Her only appearance was in the band, right?
Demetrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 21:27   Link #991
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just so many traps but the fake puppy is the best
Old 2010-04-11, 21:40   Link #992
bigdeath

Great second episode, definitely reminds me of an MMO. We've now seen 2 guard skills of Angel, distortion and delay. I wonder how many she has. Angel certainly reminds me of an elite MMO boss.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 21:41   Link #993
Key Board
Carbon

I think they're all in a comatized state and hooked up on life support.

This afterlife they are experiencing is a virtual reality program to keep their minds active
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 21:43   Link #994
Ultra Violet
Not a color

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The sibs died before Yuri. Most likely the reincarnated sib doesn't remember her. It would be very tragic for a kid to have an early death twice imo.
But her death was caused by a murder, you only loose your memories when your death was by an accident... right? I think that's what Yuri said in the first episode, correct me if I'm wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrius View Post
I didn't even notice her until I read about her in this thread. Her only appearance was in the band, right?
Me too, I didn't actually notice her much. But she wasn't playing with the band in the first episode.
Old 2010-04-11, 21:45   Link #995
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
But her death was caused by a murder, you only loose your memories when your death was by an accident... right? I think that's what Yuri said in the first episode, correct me if I'm wrong
You lose your memories when you take head trauma during death, like if you fell from a building or were hit by a car.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 21:53   Link #996
Demetrius
Brittle Bullet

Quote:
Me too, I didn't actually notice her much. But she wasn't playing with the band in the first episode.
I was curious so I watched the band part of the episode again. Yui was the pink haired girl playing guitar.

Here's her profile:
http://myanimelist.net/character/24515/Yui

Hmm, I'm curious about her.
Old 2010-04-11, 21:55   Link #997
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh man..so very funny. Loved this episode. Reminded me of that Halloween episode of Boy Meets World where they parody Scream, lol.

I do feel bad for Yuri though, that is some heavy stuff.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:04   Link #998
orion

Quote:
:
You don't know how Yuri died because she hasn't said anything about that yet. You only know that she survived a situation in which her sibs got murdered in front of her, 1 every 10 min. Her situation placed her at risk for being a suicide victim.

Tenshi said that head trauma is the reason for the memory loss when you land in Purgatory.

But if you're reincarnated, you may or may not have those past life memories. What's a barnacle going to do with a human memory?

Last edited by orion; 2010-04-11 at 22:33.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 22:06   Link #999
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrius View Post
I was curious so I watched the band part of the episode again. Yui was the pink haired girl playing guitar.

Here's her profile:
http://myanimelist.net/character/24515/Yui

Hmm, I'm curious about her.
In episode 1 all she did was take pictures of the band before they started playing. =P

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 22:15   Link #1000
Demetrius
Brittle Bullet

Quote:
In episode 1 all she did was take pictures of the band before they started playing. =P
Are you sure? There's a guitar player on stage that looks a lot like the picture on that profile.

Tags
key