AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 55.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 23.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.88%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-03, 04:45   Link #161
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
I can feel it. That Mayushii can potentially be the strongest mahou shojou. Now where is Kyuubei.......
U mean this one? He apparently found the wrong person...

Spoiler for "Stuffed animal" and "Something":

Taken from Image thread.
Old 2011-07-03, 09:16   Link #162
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
I can feel it. That Mayushii can potentially be the strongest mahou shojou. Now where is Kyuubei.......
But if she contracts, isn't she still doomed to die? The strongest magical girl becomes the strongest witch, and all of that.
Old 2011-07-03, 09:32   Link #163
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
But if she contracts, isn't she still doomed to die? The strongest magical girl becomes the strongest witch, and all of that.
*imagines* if she become an omniscient being, she will be erased from existence right? so how will Okabe remember her???
Old 2011-07-03, 11:44   Link #164
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
*imagines* if she become an omniscient being, she will be erased from existence right? so how will Okabe remember her???
Well, if Okabe is Homura in this particular story, I suppose the Power of Love/Power of Friendship would be enough for him to remember her, like Homura did with Madoka.
Old 2011-07-03, 13:11   Link #165
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This show has kind of turned into the Final Destination movie franchise only with significantly less teen drama and the chance to enter a recurring time loop ala Higurashi where you get to see the girl die over and over again in different but no less gruesome ways.
Old 2011-07-03, 13:55   Link #166
Aqua Knight

2 more days!!

Still wondering how Okabe ran away from CERN, but I think that if the life of the dearest person to you is in danger, one tends to do extraordinary things to survive and save that life.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:54   Link #167
Scarletknive
Meister

How extraordinary? Its like there are more CERN members than usual. And the tachometer seen in the preview...something going to happen...(and i mean bad thing)
Old 2011-07-03, 21:07   Link #168
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Well, so far as we've seen, Okabe is willing to make as many time leaps as he deems necessary to save Mayuri. Considering what could happen if he alters the time line too much, that's a pretty extraordinary, when you think about it.
Old 2011-07-04, 04:00   Link #169
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Just saw this episode, and GOD DAMN it was intense.
Old 2011-07-04, 11:21   Link #170
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
2 more days!!

Still wondering how Okabe ran away from CERN, but I think that if the life of the dearest person to you is in danger, one tends to do extraordinary things to survive and save that life.
In the VN,after watching Mayuri being crashed by a vehicle or whatever,raging Okarin knocked off Moeka and went back to the lab to activate time leap machine (he turned on the TV downstairs before went upstairs to the lab).It's just that the anime didn't show the whole process due to time constraint).As to why Okarin was able to escape from SERN men,this is a spoiler.
Old 2011-07-04, 11:22   Link #171
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
In the VN,after watching Mayuri being crashed by a vehicle or whatever,raging Okarin knocked off Moeka and went back to the lab to activate time leap machine (he turned on the TV downstairs before went upstairs to the lab).It's just that the anime didn't show the whole process due to time constraint).As to why Okarin was able to escape from SERN men,this is a spoiler.
That's nice to hear
Old 2011-07-04, 12:36   Link #172
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
This show has kind of turned into the Final Destination movie franchise only with significantly less teen drama and the chance to enter a recurring time loop ala Higurashi where you get to see the girl die over and over again in different but no less gruesome ways.
There's another critical difference here; I actually care about the people dying.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-07-04, 14:09   Link #173
Jaden

Great episode, reminded me of The Time Machine movie. But it looks like the rules are different, they can jump between various worlds and there's no Novikov self-consistency principle in effect...I think?

Still, this show is really merciless in how it presents mysteries without any clues
Old 2011-07-04, 17:09   Link #174
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
No, there wasn't any spoiler in this at this point afaik. The VN also just cut the scene right to Okabe in the lab, if I remember right. So yeah, at this point even I didn't really know how Okabe got past the SERN or why SERN didn't just stay on guard on Okabe's lab.
Old 2011-07-04, 20:24   Link #175
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
No, there wasn't any spoiler in this at this point afaik. The VN also just cut the scene right to Okabe in the lab, if I remember right. So yeah, at this point even I didn't really know how Okabe got past the SERN or why SERN didn't just stay on guard on Okabe's lab.
We can just assume that Okabe managed to get away off-screen and make it back to his lab before the SERN guys caught up to him. If not, just chalk it up to one of those story related plotholes that popped up because they needed to save time in the episode or whatever, considering they were down to the wire to show Mayuri's third death.
Old 2011-07-05, 01:51   Link #176
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Still strange though that Okabe was able to get away from SERN to get back to his lab when he couldn't even get close to escaping them when they were chasing him with Mayuri..
Old 2011-07-05, 02:35   Link #177
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Actually there was speculations that the reason behind this can be explained and I think it's possible after reading the explaination but that explaination is a spoiler itself.
Old 2011-07-05, 10:26   Link #178
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Watched 12 & 13 and...

Old 2011-07-15, 02:27   Link #179
rocket
Senior and Demented

Wow, this episode was so tense! Even when it became clear that there was no way to save her I kept rooting for Mayuri to avoid death...

It's like Madoka and Source Code all rolled into one...
Old 2012-08-25, 22:25   Link #180
RandomAvatarFan

Please forgive me for thread necromancy. I've only recently begun watching it ^_^

I'm getting really into this show, and now it's using every single Time Travel Trope used ever. Not that all tropes are bad, but I saw the "Mayurii's death is unstoppable" coming from the moment he tried to leap back into time for her.
I also was not surprised about Moeka's secret. The moment she started snapping stalker shots of Okarin and his lab, back when she was first introduced.

The characters though are really interesting, and I do care for them, and I'm cheering Okarin on. I really love Mayurii's "do-do-doo!" and will be missing that.

I really like the way they've been adding more and more depth to Mayuri's character in the episodes. The conversation she and Okarin had about sending memories into the past. She's more than just a damsel in distress, who Okarin needs to save; she herself is an important key. There's no coincidences here. SERN is just a pawn of a larger force, and Mayuri is the real target.

Well, that's just my predictions anyway...
The direction it's taking is different than what I thought it would back in episode 2, but I seriously can't wait to finish it.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Closed Thread