AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-09-24, 22:30   Link #5101
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Smile

What type of Cloth Material Shrinks the most?
I washed my favorite sweater that was 55% Cotton 45% Polyester , but left it in the washer over night, so that i can dry it in the morning. My Sister accidentally took it out of the washer and put it into the dryer on high heat setting with a heavy (full) load of my other clothes.

Do you think my 55% Cotton 45% Polyester sweater would shrink with a heavy load on high heat? Because I know the more you have in the dryer the harder it is too dry clothing. Also I herd Polyester doesn't shrink much.

If so what is the percentage of shrink in a shirt, if put in a dryer with high heat?
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 05:03   Link #5102
HasuMasu
*Artist

Why do I keep biting my mouth?

It's really troublesome to wash all this blood off.
Old 2011-09-25, 05:21   Link #5103
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
What type of Cloth Material Shrinks the most?
I washed my favorite sweater that was 55% Cotton 45% Polyester , but left it in the washer over night, so that i can dry it in the morning. My Sister accidentally took it out of the washer and put it into the dryer on high heat setting with a heavy (full) load of my other clothes.

Do you think my 55% Cotton 45% Polyester sweater would shrink with a heavy load on high heat? Because I know the more you have in the dryer the harder it is too dry clothing. Also I herd Polyester doesn't shrink much.

If so what is the percentage of shrink in a shirt, if put in a dryer with high heat?
Depends on the material. Usually most cloths aren't heat tolerant, especially those with elastic fibres like spandex.

Question : Are thigh-high socks actually that expensive? A girl asked me to help her look out for something like this and she is not willing to pay over $10 for it.

Should I ask her to go fly kite?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 05:41   Link #5104
HasuMasu
*Artist

THOSE SOCKS!!!

If only that kind of thing was
common here, amen I say to
you, if thou art asked for
assistance from a lay to procure
these gifts from God, then the
Lord says to you, GO AND BUY THEM!!!!

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!!!
Old 2011-09-25, 20:34   Link #5105
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
THOSE SOCKS!!!

If only that kind of thing was
common here, amen I say to
you, if thou art asked for
assistance from a lay to procure
these gifts from God, then the
Lord says to you, GO AND BUY THEM!!!!

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!!!!
You don't expect me to pay the shipping for the girl don't you?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-09-25, 21:18   Link #5106
Kudryavka

Quote:
Why do I keep biting my mouth?

It's really troublesome to wash all this blood off.
If you're young or wearing braces or a mouth correction device, then it's because your teeth are changing places. It'll go away once your teeth move out of the bite-mouth position.

If not, maybe you have a teeth placement problem?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 22:20   Link #5107
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You don't expect me to pay the shipping for the girl don't you?
I think he want you to pay for the shipping and the good as well.
Old 2011-09-26, 03:22   Link #5108
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I think he want you to pay for the shipping and the good as well.
I am a middleman not her boyfriend.

Anyway, does anyone know of a cheaper alternative for that?

Old 2011-09-26, 04:29   Link #5109
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
If you're young or wearing braces or a mouth correction device, then it's because your teeth are changing places. It'll go away once your teeth move out of the bite-mouth position.

I figured as much, the way my teeth are arranged it just
seems like it's bound to happen from time to time.
Old 2011-09-26, 15:42   Link #5110
Aqua Knight

Is there any program that displays country and its capital city on your desktop and changes often in order to learn world geography?
Old 2011-09-26, 21:31   Link #5111
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Is there any program that displays country and its capital city on your desktop and changes often in order to learn world geography?
You would have a hard time finding any software that shows that (nevermind one that shows it on your desktop), IMHO.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 12:48   Link #5112
Yee4r

Quote:

you might not be having enough sleep they say not enough sleep makes your muscle go hare-wire(cannot function properly)
Yee4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 22:19   Link #5113
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yee4r View Post
you might not be having enough sleep they say not enough sleep makes your muscle go hare-wire(cannot function properly)
Good point, but teeth don't have muscles.
Old 2011-09-27, 22:28   Link #5114
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Ah yes, but jaws do, no?

I can't say it's untrue that I
don't get a lot of sleep though.
Old 2011-09-29, 23:44   Link #5115
Kudryavka

Quote:
^ Ah yes, but jaws do, no?

I can't say it's untrue that I
don't get a lot of sleep though.
Unless you're having involuntary muscle spasms in your jaws that cause you to bite yourself, then their input doesn't really apply. I assume that if that were the case, you'd be off to a doctor, not us.
Old 2011-10-02, 06:44   Link #5116
Stealthtank

Here comes a left-field question and this seems to be the thread for that...

What's up with the United States Marine Corps?

Doesn't the US Army already cover it's operational mission? I mean I know they're developed around amphibious doctrine but all the news reports I read have them nowhere near the seas. Like say Iraq or (landlocked) Afghanistan. I just don't know how to accurately describe them when talking about the US military (not a common conversation topic mind you).

The Canadian Forces have the Royal Canadian Navy, Royal Canadian Air Force, and uh... er... the land guys. I'd say we have our theatres adequately covered.
Stealthtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 08:11   Link #5117
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Well, the Army would agree with you. There's overlap and with it intense rivalry.

That aside you could basically call them a rapid deployment force -- historically more combat ready than the US Army, so if for example you need a legion of "expeditionary corps" troops crashing down on Guatemala City on short notice for an "intervention" back in the day...

The Army has since developed its own rapid deployment force(s) of course as well as many specialized units, but the Marines focus more on combined arms and expeditionary capability. They're much closer with the Navy for one, not surprisingly given that marines (probably including Canada's) are usually attached to their nations' respective navies. The US Marines just took a different development path as well as different -- greater -- requirements for such forces that allowed them to grow into a distinct force within the US military.

I'm sure you could always explain to your listeners than an empire like the United States has plenty of uses for an army's worth of force projection capability you can deploy at a moment's notice.

As for Iraq and Afghanistan, well, sending in the Marines first is exactly the sort of job meant for them. The whole occupation duty thing that comes after is just the USA being really stretched for troops -- so why not use that large pool of available professional troops for something (there was also an insurgency to fight, too)? They even called up elements of the National Guard during the height of the occupation!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 21:59   Link #5118
Kudryavka

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=20tM3Mrr1u4
Ok, as of now, this video has 400 views,and 7,000 likes. How on earth is this possible on Youtube??
Old 2011-10-02, 23:57   Link #5119
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=20tM3Mrr1u4
Ok, as of now, this video has 400 views,and 7,000 likes. How on earth is this possible on Youtube??
The like/dislike counter on YT seems to update instantly, while the view counters lags behind for a certain period of time after being uploaded, I am not sure if their system is just slow on the update, or the view counter only updates every X hours or something though. I've seen quite commonly on videos from some popular channels.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 04:12   Link #5120
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

At around 300-308, Youtube will start checking for view frawd.

Views are also counted only after the first 5-10s of video watched.

Embeds won't get view counts if they have autoplay enabled or are using some alternative player.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious