AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-30, 16:07   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Enjoyed both PVs a lot. With Takamatsu Shinji directing, Miyu Irino and Sugita Tomokazu in the cast and a Milktub OP, they're certainly covering all the bases of doing this right.

I was amazed by that OP - it's as if the lyrics had tapped directly into every complaint I've made about school life anime and gave them form. It looks like the anti-Kimi to Boku (which I've actually ended up sort of liking) in that it's actually going to try and make this about typical HS males.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 16:16   Link #22
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
There is a short 6 minute or so web release of part of ep 1 it seems ... you can find it on youtube ... it was positively hilarious.

If the rest of the series is like this I am going to thoroughly enjoy this series.
Old 2011-12-02, 08:57   Link #23
Kakkou
Tch.

Oh man, the fourth pre-air special had me grinning throughout and then laughing by the end. I absolutely love the voice acting of the trio. So glad next season will have such an enjoyable gag comedy airing.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 11:47   Link #24
Dop
Mmmm....

Loved playing out the romantic scenarios in 3, with the horrible realisation they go to an all boys school, and the RPG parodies in 4 (Square Enix parodying their other properties?) were also hilarious.

The five minute episodes we've seen work so well I'm wondering if the whole series is going to be a series of shorts, rather than normal length episodes?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 21:46   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, this is both funny and sad:

Quote:
The visual-kei band Jinkaku Radio's "Hikizan" song is no longer listed as the ending theme song for the television anime adaptation of Yasunobu Yamauchi's Daily Lives of High School Boys manga. This change came after the band's 35-year-old vocalist Yuuki posted a message critical of voice actress Yui Horie on his blog on Saturday.

Jinkaku Radio had announced in October that the band would contribute the ending song "Hikizan" (Subtraction) for the slice-of-life comedy series. On Saturday, Yuuki commented on a magazine cover featuring Horie and said that her appearance "isn't on the level of an idol? Not that she is a mess, but maybe cheap[-looking]?" He said that she has a "USJ [Universal Studios Japan] rather than Disneyland" look.

Fans expressed their anger online at the blog post, and the post has since been deleted. Yuuki later apologized to fans, to the anime and voice-acting communities, and to the Daily Lives of High School Boys production team for the statements on his blog.

Square Enix's official Daily Lives of High School Boys website no longer lists an ending theme song. The anime's official Twitter page stated on Sunday that Mix Speaker's, Inc. is performing "Shiny Tale" as the anime's opening theme, while the ending theme song remains "undecided." The anime's staff has not publicly cited Yuuki's blog post as the reason for the change.
If that was the song from the PVs, it suited the material perfectly. Of course, I'm a huge Hochan fan so shame on this douchebag for daring to speak ill of her...
Old 2011-12-05, 22:08   Link #26
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, this is both funny and sad:

If that was the song from the PVs, it suited the material perfectly. Of course, I'm a huge Hochan fan so shame on this douchebag for daring to speak ill of her...
-_-

Also being a Hochan fan I also call down finger shaking on him ... erm ... for what it is worth.

Maybe some things will be sorted out later on for BD releases or such, but I agree - this is a pity.
Old 2011-12-05, 22:17   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Happily, it looks as if the PV song is the one by Mixed Speaker's, Inc. - so it stays in. I wasn't familiar with them but it sounds like the same guy.

Serioiusly - Hochan? Has anyone every had a bad word to say about her? Besides being adorable she's supposedly a total sweetheart. That merits a serious "FU" from me.
Old 2011-12-05, 22:23   Link #28
Kakkou
Tch.

Yeah, even if he didn't like Hocchan he should have known better than to blurt it out like that. =/

Anyway for better or for worse, the web preview OP/ED are different from the announced broadcast OP and (now unlisted) ED.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 14:17   Link #29
Setsuryuu

But rock stars are supposed to make polemic declarations! xP

Ok, whatever, he shouldn't had done that, but the reaction to it was harsh (I mean, just an apology won't suffice?). Was that really the song about how highschool boys are miserable because a highschool girl can do anything that she wants and be popular but highschool boys are useless unless they are in a sports or battle anime? xD Because if it was it is a sin to take that song out of the anime.

Not to mention I've read in ANN that the single itself might not come out in anywhere now and the band's CD will be delayed... I knew Japan took public reaction serious but hey, things can get a lot rough from a small stuff there huh? After all it was just a silly badmouthing that would not even come to anyone's attention if it wasn't for all this ruckus over it.
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 16:01   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Aren't the Japanese like not supposed to do things like the above? Like don't speak out, don't rock the boat, font do or say anything that can even possibly be construed as rude or impolite .

Also where can I find this song? The one that's apparently a tongue and cheek indictment of school life anime and the just atrocious way that anime handles male characters nowadays compared to the spotlight they frequently shine on the bishoujos and the pedestal they put under them.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-12-13 at 16:43.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 15:47   Link #31
Setsuryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Aren't the Japanese like not supposed to do things like the above? Like don't speak out, don't rock the boat, font do or say anything that can even possibly be construed as rude or impolite .

Also where can I find this song? The one that's apparently a tongue and cheek indictment of school life anime and the just atrocious way that anime handles male characters nowadays compared to the spotlight they frequently shine on the bishoujos and the pedestal they put under them.
The song was in the end of some of those Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou previews that got out already. But I don't know if that joke song is the same removed song of this "Jinkaku Radio". And yeah, the japanese are supposed, but the rockstars are supposed to do the opposite of what their society should be doing right?! xP Or not, as this outcome would suggest.
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 16:20   Link #32
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuryuu View Post
the rockstars are supposed to do the opposite of what their society should be doing right?! xP Or not, as this outcome would suggest.
As far as public image is concerned, the labels have strict standards on what's acceptable. This goes for the entire entertainment industry.

Quote:
Aren't the Japanese like not supposed to do things like the above? Like don't speak out, don't rock the boat, font do or say anything that can even possibly be construed as rude or impolite.
The Internet seems to have caused a few problems (i.e. people posting things before considering the repercussions).

Some people also forget that their blog or message board is open for the world to see. For whatever reason (maybe it has something to do with their closed corporate culture? In one example, a certain game developer was disturbed when he discovered that strangers knew his name and were referring to things he posted on his blog), they assume that only friends or colleagues would be aware of their posts and of who they are.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 01:45   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The 'heroines' of the series

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 03:17   Link #34
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Who is the girl in the middle? I recognize the bookworm and the imouto, but no clue on brown haired girl.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 03:24   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Who is the girl in the middle? I recognize the bookworm and the imouto, but no clue on brown haired girl.
According to the synopsis I would say she's the student president of the all-girls another school.

She'll be voiced by Yuuki Aoi.
Old 2011-12-30, 04:09   Link #36
tsunade666

3 different uniforms? 3 different school? I tried to search the manga but it's not being translated so I had no info about the series but I will keep an eye for this one.
Old 2011-12-30, 05:22   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
3 different uniforms? 3 different school? I tried to search the manga but it's not being translated so I had no info about the series but I will keep an eye for this one.
Four, if you count the All-boys school the main characters go to.
Old 2012-01-08, 07:12   Link #38
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

I heard that the show will only 6 minutes per eps
is that true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The 'heroines' of the series

lol
this pic is taken in the station near Tokyo Big Sight

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 20:53   Link #39
leokiko

The normal amount of minutes each ep.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 04:28   Link #40
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

First ep is out.

I must admit I laughed ... more than that I laughed HARD.

Extremely funny!

Spoiler for Ep 1 Spoiler:

I am looking forward to this series this season. Totally.

Nuff said.

8/10 vote from me.

Oh yes - 3 cheers for a nice ED to ep 1 ... I wonder if it is a one shot deal?

Last edited by Flower; 2012-01-10 at 04:57.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, satire