Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 11:56   Link #101
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Some freebies from the ED:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
thank you for the temp avatar!
ps i took the challenge last night watched the full have fun video
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 12:05   Link #102
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've made a characters/seiyuus page for the main cast, with pics of the characters and their seiyuus, and a bit of info about each seiyuu.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 14:38   Link #103
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
thank you for the temp avatar!
ps i took the challenge last night watched the full have fun video
you. did. not. xD

and "misfortune suicide" ROFL
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 15:08   Link #104
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

this anime is really makes me remember my days when I was living in japan orz
Spoiler for ep 2:

IMHO eps 2 is more difficult to understand than eps 1

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!

Last edited by gecd; 2012-07-12 at 23:37.
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 18:03   Link #105
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I was expecting to have to slog through this, but the time passed like it was nothing. I credit the cleverly self-aware presentation, and the excellent translations available. While it's unlikely I'll keep pace with Joshiraku as it airs (too much stuff to watch) it was a pleasant surprise.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 16:21   Link #106
inisipis

I like the show. I like them when it's totally irreverent, nonsensical with loads of obscure cultural references. Makes them unique and educational at the same time, in an abstract way I would say.

At the very least it sure give us foreigners insight to the world of Japanese "Sit-down comedy" art world.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:40   Link #107
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
No wonder the ED is so darn addicting,it's composed by Hyadain! You know, the guy that brought us this
Old 2012-07-13, 23:30   Link #108
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisipis View Post
I like the show. I like them when it's totally irreverent, nonsensical with loads of obscure cultural references. Makes them unique and educational at the same time, in an abstract way I would say.

At the very least it sure give us foreigners insight to the world of Japanese "Sit-down comedy" art world.
This.

It's nice to see a different facet of Japanese culture, especially one that is so easily overlooked. I loved how this show established right of the bat that you shouldn't take it too seriously and knows how to play its audience. Seitokai no Ichizon already showed that a show filled with referential humor works, even more so if you understand what they are referring to.
Old 2012-07-14, 00:47   Link #109
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I like it even though I can understand only the half of dialogue. The imagination part was disorienting.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 05:19   Link #110
steven3242

just saw the episode 1 and overall i like it

it not out loud funny until you rolling on the floor, but it give you a good amount of chukkle and even a short burst of laugh if you fully understand the jokes and the situation.

but all of all, i watch this just because of kukuru (the quiet with the long straight black hair), she is cute
steven3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 09:34   Link #111
Pachael
原作通り

The girls are pretty cute. Kumeta dialogue is as I expect, that said the jokes flow thick and fast which is appreciated considering the Ika Musume direct/series comp.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:10   Link #112
Dop
Mmmm....

I was seriously not expecting a John Waters reference. Well played, Kumeta, well played.

For the benefit of those confused by this, 'Polyester' was the film where visitors to the cinema were given a scratch and sniff card to accompany the action.

Excellent episode!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:56   Link #113
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

These girls are definitely masters in derailing a conversation. Loved the Jehova's Witness scene. And I also liked how, in the second half, no one mentioned the 6th girl in the room, wearing that mask. And then we had Kukuru feigning(?) pregnancy. I almost expected her to actually give birth right there and then.

Next ep: obligatory bath/hot spring episode.
Old 2012-07-15, 14:12   Link #114
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kukuru stole the show for me. She's just hilarious.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:32   Link #115
Sol Falling

The direction felt much stiffer in this episode...no use of the atmospheric bgm they had in episode 1. Also, "dark" Kigu's voice was too exaggerated/unnatural and lacked enunciation, so I was kinda disappointed with that.

Ep 2 was not really on the same level as the first one, IMO. But, oh well. I suppose I will wait hopefully for extra notes or whatever before going through and trying to understand all of the references.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 21:23   Link #116
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... enjoyed this episode more than last. Either it's less focused on stuff natives would only get, or the episode translated better into English. Regardless, Kigu was a riot with them expecting her to be all innocent, when she is anything but. Mari still is the straight man, but Kukuru still is my favourite as she practically drives the hilarity.

I thought I should've dropped it last episode, but this episode gives me hope to continure.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 04:46   Link #117
Lukeman1884

Loved the 1st part, the 2nd had too many references that I didn't get, and the 3rd was just weird.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 07:09   Link #118
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

How does an anime that spends most of it's screentime in one room with the same 5 girls make itself so entertaining?

I can't help but favour these type of animes over a few others i've watched simply because it is entertaining. I loved the whole "Picture giving birth" scene at the end
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 10:50   Link #119
Midonin
Last Engage

Coming in on a punchline is one of the best ways to set up a joke. But this show continues to prove why it's my favorite of the season thus far. The jokes were just as strong as they were last week. While before, I compared Yuru Yuri's talking sections to Joshiraku, now I can do the reverse. Both shows have had a "What would you if you won the lottery?" talk within the past week, but the difference between the two segments is a huge contrast. For one, Yuru Yuri involved a lot less murder. The third segment stood out as my favorite, with the talk of smelling nipples and pregnancy. Is it lowbrow? Well, of course it is, but it made for an entertaining watch. Nobody even commented on the masked girl in the background, drinking tea through her mask. (So she doesn't have Shurikenger's abilities.) Love Kukuru's taste in baby names.

Kigu's proving to be a fascinating character, in a very Akira Kogami sort of way. She plays the cute role, but knows beneath it that her real personality is a little different. Also, loved Kukuru's comment about switching up the cast, as she's the only one of the Joshiraku Five who retains her original self from the Drama CDs. Mary, for example, was originally played by Kana Asumi. Ayane Sakura's doing a great job, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 13:26   Link #120
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The direction felt much stiffer in this episode...no use of the atmospheric bgm they had in episode 1. Also, "dark" Kigu's voice was too exaggerated/unnatural and lacked enunciation, so I was kinda disappointed with that....
I preferred ep2, probably for exactly those reasons. It seemed flatter and more absurd, less smooth and normal. The way it leapt around pleased me. And all of Kigu's voices (normal, cutesy, dark) worked for me (seiyuu: Koiwai Kotori). Gotou Saori as Kukuru really worked for me. The seiyuu's natural weirdness came through.

And I liked Nanjou Yoshino as glasses-girl. Which she is in real life:
Spoiler for image size:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen