AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 08:36   Link #321
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

So far the anime is surprisingly good. The animation was kind of choppy in some places, but it was okay overall. Cant wait for the next episode.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 22:12   Link #322
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Gotou seems like he going to be awesome
Old 2012-07-18, 22:22   Link #323
-khriz-

This anime is awesome, after the first episode I thought that it was going to be your typical slice of life, however, the second episode was amazing, can't wait for more.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:54   Link #324
Elestia

Let us swim to our dreams.

Old 2012-07-21, 11:26   Link #325
Midonin
Last Engage

KokoCo 03 - Therapy Through Nutshots

I wasn't sure if I even would comment on this episode, but it was saved by one thing this show does quite well. The atmosphere can get heavy, but there's always something to lighten the mood and remind us that there is, ultimately, some strong friendship beneath this. The whole fake confession scene, chasing the bag, and even the conclusion to Yui's issues. Yui herself looks to be doing pretty okay now, thanks to learning the secret of aiming for the balls. Taichi's ideals prevail over Himeko's, at least for now.

I'm not the biggest fan of drama, but I can recognize when it's being executed well, and I bought it as much as the comedy this week. Whatever's going on with Iori probably will have some consequences in the coming weeks. (I missed her perky attitude this week, but it did put Yui further into focus.) If the show keeps up this medium where many kinds of fans can be satisfied, all will turn out well.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 11:40   Link #326
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep3. Things moved a bit too quickly to be realistic, but really this was another wonderful episode. Moving forward. Relationships getting more complex. Love it. And Sawashiro Miyuki is godly.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 11:49   Link #327
Utsuro no Hako

I'm reminded of the King of the Hill episode where Hank makes Bobby take karate classes at the community center, but Bobby doesn't like it and joins a women's self-defense class instead which consists entirely of learning to kick guys in the nads.

And gotta say, Aoki's kinda an idiot. When Inaba said, "I'm going to run around campus naked," his response should've been, "Okay, then I'll join you."
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 12:06   Link #328
sikvod00

Aoki is going to be forever alone unless he steps up his game; Taichi can't stop raising flags. I agree that things got resolved way too fast, considering the seriousness of the situation.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 12:15   Link #329
Blaat

I've got to third the 'it's going to fast' complaints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
And gotta say, Aoki's kinda an idiot. When Inaba said, "I'm going to run around campus naked," his response should've been, "Okay, then I'll join you."
He wasn't in Inaba's body though.

Last edited by Blaat; 2012-07-21 at 12:55.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 12:22   Link #330
Requiem-x
The slacking one

After watching 3 episodes, I can say this show definetly has something special, though it would be even better if everyone stopped going serious mode every 2 minutes. Girls, please, learn to have some fun, like Taichi and Aoki during that little video session.

Speaking of Taichi, that's some Touma level of white knighting there (pretty sudden too, from snarky dude to defender of the innocent in one episode, but whatever), and I'm sorry if someone here doesn't like that term or think it's too overused, but how the hell am I supposed to call someone willing to go THAT far for a girl he doesn't particularly like? (also, it was freakin hilarious).

Next week, the Inaba flag, apparently. Should be pretty interesting to watch. If Inaba doesn't go full FEELIINNNNGSSSS, that is. I have no problem with emotions, but this is going just a bit too fast.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 12:32   Link #331
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I agree her problem was resolved a bit too fast but I still enjoyed it. I kinda wish they would stop making the two guys Buttmonkeys though...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 12:46   Link #332
Seiryuu

Wow. I must admit I rather like characters like these girls who try to hide their pain and worries, pretending to be strong, carefree and cool when inside they're screaming. I don't know if I'd like one in real life in a romantic sense, simply because I don't know if I'd have what it takes to not only help her but also get past it and fall in love with the girl behind the pain. Story-wise, though, it's really effective and powerful when done right. I remember it was once said that an author should be a sadist, do everything possible to push them to the edge, so that they can show what they're really made of.
Didn't expect Yui's experience to have occured after she became a karate queen. Probably should have expected it though. After all, lots of guys don't take it well when a woman beats the crap out of him fair and square, particularly guys that are too proud of their own power; it doesn't take much for a beaten tough man to feel some temptation to demonstrate to the cocky little girl (as he'd likely see her) that it she's not so tough when things get bad for real. The only other escape for those guys is to insist that they never fight all-out against girls.

The kick was quite entertaining. I wonder if Taichi'd forgotten just how strong Yui is. She might not be able to hold out in a struggle simply because of mass, but a martial artist's blows are still fierce. I'm glad I've never suffered any blow quite that hard. Would be entertaining to see how girls would react to the experience though, just like it might be entertaining to see how a guy handles childbirth. Not that we'll likely see any of that here though.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 13:09   Link #333
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I'm surprised about the storyline about this anime. It keeps getting better and better. At first I thought hey it's another Tari Tari kind of anime, but the storyline makes up for the animation.
Old 2012-07-21, 13:09   Link #334
Alhazred

I'm not sure i agree entirely with the 'things are moving too fast' complaints. Yui's behavior seems to indicate that she's not totally cured of her androphobia. She was very reluctant to grab Taichi's collar when she dragged him away, and when he noticed that they were holding hands her automatic reaction was "Well, it's just you." Later, when she was slapping him on the back, it seemed like she was doing it partially so that she could prove that she could do it. She seems mostly okay with Taichi specifically now, a boy she has been friends with for a while and for whom she has physical confirmation of The Great Weakness, but she probably still has work to do when it comes to getting over her phobia totally. Plus, she was traumatized years previous, so who's to say that she's instantly gone from her lowest point back to normal? She's been forcing herself to try and get used to boys since she joined the club, so maybe all she needed was a 'little push' to take the next step - and dragging it out longer might have undercut the comedy/feel good/drama balance, since they seem to be planning a crisis for every female character (and isn't that a little biased? Dudes can have breakdowns too! )
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 13:10   Link #335
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
He wasn't in Inaba's body though.
Inaba's still friends with Yui; she wouldn't want her seen running naked around school -- especially if she appears to be chasing Aoki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Speaking of Taichi, that's some Touma level of white knighting there (pretty sudden too, from snarky dude to defender of the innocent in one episode, but whatever), and I'm sorry if someone here doesn't like that term or think it's too overused, but how the hell am I supposed to call someone willing to go THAT far for a girl he doesn't particularly like? (also, it was freakin hilarious).
Being snarky towards his club mates doesn't mean he doesn't like them. They are friends no matter how much they pick on each other. As for how far he went -- if they hadn't switched back for another five minutes, he wouldn't've had to experience anything but a little soreness.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 13:31   Link #336
HandofFate

Episode 3 was interesting, heaviness episode yet.
The confession-play in the beginning was good.
Didn't expect Taichi volunteering would end up being an important conversation point afterwards.

Inaba said that Iori was the closest to breaking, and it turned out it was Inaba herself that was the closest to being overwhelmed by the whole situation itself. Didn't expect her to break down at the end of the episode like that though.

Very little Iori time this episode.

Interesting that when in someone else's body, like Aoki-Yui, the switched still experiences the body's subconscious reflexes. Though Taichi said he didn't notice it.

Either from 'cluelessness' or other, it seems the girls are the ones most open to being exhausted mentally, while the boys are boys and able to have stronger walls.
They might still have their time, but looks like the girls will have their turns first.

The way Taichi helped 'fix' Yui was kind of rushed and optimistic though. Other than Yui not knowing that balls hurt when kicked, its in no way a solution. Its on the same level as her suppose skills in martial arts. But I guess the series is more lighthearted.
Old 2012-07-21, 14:04   Link #337
ReddyRedWolf

Sigh~ Taichi you wonderful idiot what is the point of impressing girls if you can't have kids.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 14:15   Link #338
Sakanaka Shouko

The episode was good, Taichi is indeed a white knight like said here.
I wonder what's wrong with Himeko...
Old 2012-07-21, 14:21   Link #339
larethian

Amazing. Never knew body swapping shows can develop into something like this.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 14:23   Link #340
Sakanaka Shouko

By the way, Fujishima is going to cause trouble, I assume.
And there was some nice character development for Kiriyama and Aoki this episode.

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life