AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-14, 00:21   Link #1001
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

An endless loop of Konata struggling with her choco-cone. 119 frames, 43 of which is unique (the rest are blank frames), and 20fps. The former is not AnimeSuki-friendly, while the latter is.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-14, 00:23   Link #1002
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Have you seen the mirrored-slowed versions of the OP supposedly being used to teach those dance moves? I suppose it is a sign of affection that people are doing that, but the effect is like watching the cheerleaders from the "Smells Like teen Spirit" music video having a party to summon a Great Old One.

"These are moe girls. These are moe girls who've seen the Yellow Sign. Any questions?"

So far I'm really liking Kona-chan. It took me a couple of viewings to see just how many double-entendres she was able to sneak into the conversation about eating the various foods.
Old 2007-04-14, 00:26   Link #1003
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
Have you seen the mirrored-slowed versions of the OP supposedly being used to teach those dance moves? I suppose it is a sign of affection that people are doing that, but the effect is like watching the cheerleaders from the "Smells Like teen Spirit" music video having a party to summon a Great Old One.

"These are moe girls. These are moe girls who've seen the Yellow Sign. Any questions?"

So far I'm really liking Kona-chan. It took me a couple of viewings to see just how many double-entendres she was able to sneak into the conversation about eating the various foods.
I linked to it on page 29.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-14, 00:28   Link #1004
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm pretty sure the only character is Yuki and she has Haruhi, Mikuru and Ryoko as strikers. Mikuru and Haruhi are borderline useless as Mikuru doesn't do anything and Haruhi does this weird arcing flying kick that rarely hits and does a sliver of damage if it somehow connects, but Ryoko stunlocks the enemy with a knife for an obscenely long time and does respectable damage. Yuki is kind of like a high tier Guilty Gear character in that she has an instant kill move, good speed, and good juggling potential, but weak attack and defence. Overall surprisingly balanced. Make a good Fire Emblem scene out of it if you can find some sprites and I might award you some rep. Guile sprites are a dime a dozen too.

On another subject I'm not entirely clear on what Grieverr wants to happen. Are you saing you want somebody to post a picture of Haruhi standing behind Konata with no life bar to represent her prescence in the battle? I really don't understand what you are getting at.
Actually, I believe Yuki also has Itsuki, Tsuruya, and Churuya as strikers. Itsuki holds the lighting board as a counter. If Haruhi and Mikuru are on the screen close to each other at the same time, Mikuru will perform Mikuru Beam, which increases in power if Itsuki is on screen too. Tsuruya just pushes your opponent around slowly. Churuya is very amusing though; when she comes in contact with the opponent, she freezes them in place by constantly asking if they have any smoked cheese. ^_^

Yes, I was planning to make an FE combat scene using them, but I need sprites. Actually, FE7 Nino's promoted battle sprite can look sorta like Yuki if I just alter the hair...

Speaking of which, Lucky☆Star needs more video game references to keep me amused. ^_^
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 00:41   Link #1005
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Speaking of which, Lucky☆Star needs more video game references to keep me amused. ^_^
Same here!

As a matter of fact, I feel that this could actually be a reference to the very first Final Fantasy game.

Then again, it could be another failed guess on my behalf. (FF1 was not online after all )
Old 2007-04-14, 00:56   Link #1006
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Same here!

As a matter of fact, I feel that this could actually be a reference to the very first Final Fantasy game.

Then again, it could be another failed guess on my behalf. (FF1 was not online after all )
I believe, my friend, that you are right on target!

After all, they were known as the "Light Warriors" to start with, right?

shameless plug: 8-Bit Theater.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:07   Link #1007
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

Quote:
Same here!

No, I thought that's just her playing an MMORPG game... It would make sense since she was talking about a friend who she hardly see because he went off training and the fact they make a comment about how he hides both virtual and real world...
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:17   Link #1008
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Just a few more Akira avatars before I start in on making some Konata and Miyuki ones.

...actually, I only did this so I could make a unique Akira one that would be confused with the ones picked by WanderingKnight and FatPianoBoy.
I'd be using the first or second one, except for that purpose, which forces me to use the third (since it's most similar).

Sadly, I couldn't get that last one to have a still frame with her facing forward without either making the movement choppy or exceeting the AS limits. Ah, well! Annoying, constant movement it is.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:21   Link #1009
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tsukuyomi View Post
No, I thought that's just her playing an MMORPG game... It would make sense since she was talking about a friend who she hardly see because he went off training and the fact they make a comment about how he hides both virtual and real world...
Well, she is obviously playing online. But the scenario she is describing is the complete plot of Final Fantasy 1; Wich is why I believe the reference is still there.

There's also the possibility that Lucky Star is mixing the reference with something else (online gaming).

But who knows, we may have to wait a bit more to see if Konata gives more clues as to what she is actually playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
After all, they were known as the "Light Warriors" to start with, right?
It's amazing how much I still remember about this game.
Old 2007-04-14, 01:22   Link #1010
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
...actually, I only did this so I could make a unique Akira one that would be confused with the ones picked by WanderingKnight and FatPianoBoy.
AH! Another me has appeared! Wait, that makes three of me already!!

*rolls and dies*

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:30   Link #1011
~Tsukuyomi

Quote:
Well, she is obviously playing online. But the scenario she is describing is the complete plot of Final Fantasy 1; Wich is why I believe the reference is still there.
Final Fantasy 6... They search for Crystals that somehow grant them job abilities...
Old 2007-04-14, 01:31   Link #1012
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Final Fantasy 6... They search for Crystals that somehow grant them job abilities...
Umm, no, they actually searched for magic beasts (or espers in the English translation).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 01:43   Link #1013
~Tsukuyomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Umm, no, they actually searched for magic beasts (or espers in the English translation).
Blah, number confusion... Blah, now what number was the one where you start as a guy riding a chocobo and a random meteor fell from the sky...
Old 2007-04-14, 01:46   Link #1014
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tsukuyomi View Post
Blah, number confusion... Blah, now what number was the one where you start as a guy riding a chocobo and a random meteor fell from the sky...
That was 5, but it doesn't fit either with Konata's description. It was the complete opposite in that game. (preventing the cristals from losing their light)
Old 2007-04-14, 01:56   Link #1015
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post

I was wondering if anyone else noticed Kona's absolutely feeeelthy mind
Old 2007-04-14, 02:50   Link #1016
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Sorry if these two are reposts.

This thread as gotten a little too big as of late.
Old 2007-04-14, 03:08   Link #1017
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Sorry if these two are reposts.

This thread as gotten a little too big as of late.
The first one should earn her some friends.

Even if this ends up as its own board I'm not sure how it would do. It's really just the same people posting over and over. For example if I were to suddenly stop posting then the thread would take a huge blow. Same with a couple others.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 03:37   Link #1018
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye, there's actually just a handful of us so far.... it just happens to be the extensive babblers and fast typers
Old 2007-04-14, 03:49   Link #1019
goku888

Wow! only 2 episodes are out and more than one thousand posts already?
goku888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 05:10   Link #1020
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku888 View Post
Wow! only 2 episodes are out and more than one thousand posts already?
Still just one episode. Not until Sunday will the next episode have aired.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen