AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-31, 13:10   Link #1
keikkaishi

Help with selling my anime figure collection

Hello everyone! I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask for this kind of help. But does anyone know a forum or place that I could post an ad for selling some of the anime figures I own? Thanks in advance
Old 2011-05-31, 16:30   Link #2
Medyl
3d Modeler/Concept Artist

I think I have a much better solution. Get yourself a WIX account and sell it yourself.

Wix is a flash oriented webpage/website for personal use.

1.Take some pictures of what you got

2.Categorize them by anime or other

Post up a little about how you got into collecting. This is very important to someone buying them. No one will buy them if they were not appreciated by you first.

3. get a paypal account or E-account added to your site so you can have E-service.

Do it!
Old 2011-06-01, 03:02   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Nothing wrong with Wix per se... except that people won't know about the website without some search engine work since its functionally similar to just heading to a domain registrar and starting your own website. It won't automatically "show up in google" all by itself without some groundwork.

There are some anime merch specific "ebay-ish" sites though I don't have one to recommend at the moment. I tend to just use e-bay for my figure sales because its world-wide (biggest population of eyeballs).
Old 2011-06-01, 19:46   Link #4
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Most people sell them here: http://myfigurecollection.net

You could also sell them on eBay.

Also, a lot of people in this topic would be interested in your figures: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3634999

Any chance you could list what you have to sell, depending on what you have, location and price, I might be interested! I collect a lot.
Old 2011-06-01, 20:20   Link #5
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've been pondering the same thing actually but I've used ebay to sell quite a lot recently (for the first time in ages) and the costs seem a lot higher than I remembered so it isnt an option I'd want to choose if I could help it...

I've got some rare bits to sell too =/

Old 2011-06-02, 18:57   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, I'm going to try figurecollection site... the underlying fees of ebay and paypal combined have become quite onerous.

Just opened my user account there (user Vexx, amazingly enough) ... o gods, it'll take me a week to figure out all the data entries (like when I got stuff and for how much)

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-06-03 at 22:53.
Old 2013-02-18, 14:03   Link #7
Caindrid

Ordering Figures questions

Hi Guys,

I am new to the site. I am trying to find out where the best place to get some figures from and wanted to know what feedback people could give me on Nippon yasan. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
Old 2013-02-18, 14:13   Link #8
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caindrid View Post
Hi Guys,

I am new to the site. I am trying to find out where the best place to get some figures from and wanted to know what feedback people could give me on Nippon yasan. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
There is also this thread to ask figure questions.

And to answer your question do you want to import figures or buy them locally? Usually importing yourself is cheaper, so I would recommend Hobby Search and AmiAmi. Between the two of them they have very nice prices and about any figure you want to buy that is current. If you want mecha kits Hobby Link Japan I think has a wider selection, and it also stocks assembly tools. But if you live in a country where they make you always pay for customs, then buying locally may be cheaper (unless stores factor customs fees into their prices).

If you want a lot more help I would suggest you also get an account on MyFigureCollection (Tsukiboard). They have answers to all the figure buying questions.

I have never used Nippon Yasan but their site seems to be down at the moment?

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-02-18 at 15:28.
Old 2013-02-18, 15:18   Link #9
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I buy nearly all my figures from www.hlj.com or cdjapan.co.jp -- never had a problem. Once in a great while I'll use e2046 or some such (especially for garage kits).
Old 2013-02-18, 15:39   Link #10
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Just in case, I would like to remind everyone that you are not allowed to use our forum to either advertise or sell any merchandise you happen to own. It does not matter if the product in question is legal or not.

Do not make posts saying you are willing to make "PM deals" to anyone interested either.
Old 2013-02-18, 15:50   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Just in case, I would like to remind everyone that you are not allowed to use our forum to either advertise or sell any merchandise you happen to own. It does not matter if the product in question is legal or not.

Do not make posts saying you are willing to make "PM deals" to anyone interested either.
That's good to know - interesting, because in the past I've gotten mod approval to provide a link to e-bay auctions of figures in my sig (just a clearing the shelves and giving people a heads up sort of link) and assumed that was still okay. I wasn't making a one-on-one transaction - just saying "hey, there are auctions over here if anyone is interested."
Old 2013-02-18, 17:09   Link #12
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I mainly use amiami for anything figurine related, but I did use cdjapan once for a change (usually just for OST's). Excellent service from both sites. I'd recommend both from personal experience.
Old 2013-02-18, 18:44   Link #13
Kyuu
=^^=

How sad it is to have a collection -- and then have the need to sell it off. Main reason why I don't do so in the first place. But still...
Old 2013-02-18, 21:13   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It's like any museum, you usually have a fixed amount of display and storage space, so you do periodic reviews of stuff and really has value to you over the long term. I still have my very first purchase (an LH Motoko) but some other series have diminished in nostalgia.
Old 2013-02-19, 23:32   Link #15
Caindrid

Thanks for the help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
There is also this thread to ask figure questions.

And to answer your question do you want to import figures or buy them locally? Usually importing yourself is cheaper, so I would recommend Hobby Search and AmiAmi. Between the two of them they have very nice prices and about any figure you want to buy that is current. If you want mecha kits Hobby Link Japan I think has a wider selection, and it also stocks assembly tools. But if you live in a country where they make you always pay for customs, then buying locally may be cheaper (unless stores factor customs fees into their prices).

If you want a lot more help I would suggest you also get an account on MyFigureCollection (Tsukiboard). They have answers to all the figure buying questions.

I have never used Nippon Yasan but their site seems to be down at the moment?
Thanks for the Help! I really appreciate it! I checked Nippon Yasan and their website was working so I decided to order a few things from them. I found some really col Saint Seiya stuff on there. Nippon Yasan is a really good site. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by Caindrid; 2013-02-20 at 01:21.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime figure, sell