◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Hmmm...I'll tell Arkanos about it.
Old 2006-12-07, 21:20   Link #162
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
So now I'm running DC with AppLocale and when I click on DCPCDVD.exe I get this:
Okay, so you've now demonstrated that you were indeed clicking on the wrong exe before, which is what I needed to know. You've also confirmed that the patched EXE requires a DVD check, and that the CD and DVD aren't compatible for said check (which I needed to confirm, since I don't have the CD version myself). So now the answer is either to patch the DCPCDVD.exe to not require a DVD check, or to apply the same patch to DCPCCD.exe that was applied to DCPCDVD. Either is possible; now we know what needs to be done. Thanks for your help in tracing down the root of the problem.
Old 2006-12-08, 05:24   Link #163
◕‿‿◕

Looks like we've hired a new member for the team who's willing to work for free.
Old 2006-12-08, 21:23   Link #164
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, as an update, I've been going back and forth with Vibeke to try to solve the problem, and we've made some progress. In case anyone else is experiencing a similar problem, here's what we've learned so far:
  • The voice files for the CD and DVD versions of the game are compiled differently (I'm thinking it's so that they could span multiple CDs).
  • Probably because of that, the script files for the CD and DVD versions of the game are compiled differently too and are incompatible with each other (using the CD exe on a DVD install or vice-versa will throw an error, even if unpatched).
  • If you use the translation-patched DVD exe with the translated script files, it'll work but you'll get no voices. If you try to patch the CD exe the way the DVD was patched to read the script, the script comes out as "gibberish" (because the CD script is supposed to use a different offset).
So, the moral of the story (for those keeping score, or who can't follow all that technical jargon) is, for now at least, buy the DVD version of the game, because the CD version is not fully compatible with the current translation patch.
Old 2006-12-09, 09:50   Link #165
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Thanks to relentlessflame I can now play the game WITH full voice (I just had to copy the voice.dat file from the 3rd DA Capo cd, which is required to play the game)
so long story short: Thanks for all help!! ^^

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2006-12-09, 13:56   Link #166
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
I can now play the game WITH full voice (I just had to copy the voice.dat file from the 3rd DA Capo cd, which is required to play the game)
Well, I'm just hoping that the voices won't cut-out mid-way, since the voice.dat on the DVD version of the game is double the size. But anyway, if anyone else buys the CD version, feel free to PM me for instructions... for optimal use of the patch with the least hassle, though, the DVD version is the way to go.
Old 2007-02-09, 06:58   Link #167
EphemeralDreams
I will devour your soul

Send a message via AIM to EphemeralDreams
A question for those who know. Does anyone know anything about a translation FAQ of this game being posted somewhere as a reference? I heard about it, but im not too exactly sure it exists. Anddd.. is the translation project for D.C.P.C. dropped? I check Arkanos's website and this board frequently but it seems to have dried out. Any information would help, thanks~
Old 2007-02-09, 09:17   Link #168
KBTKaiser

*crawls out from underneath a mountain of obligations, looks around, and dives back into try and find his translations while grumbling about files transfers between new and old computers*
Old 2007-02-09, 09:55   Link #169
◕‿‿◕

The project is not exactly dead, but it is going slow. I don't know much about how Dark Mirage's work is going, but here's another of our translators, KBTKaiser, who had already told us he'd be busy with work and other things. As for Arkanos, I see him nearly everyday, but he too has been busy.
Old 2007-02-09, 21:57   Link #170
EphemeralDreams
I will devour your soul

Thank you for the responses~ I was hoping to find a translation of some sort, due to my lack of ability to comprehend the Japanese language as of this moment. KBTKaiser, DON'T LET THE OBLIGATIONS EAT YOU.
Old 2007-02-09, 23:40   Link #171
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I eagarly await the next patch.

Feel free to take your time, I understand how much real life commitments is a complete and utter *****.
Old 2007-02-10, 02:57   Link #172
◕‿‿◕

Like I said before, no need to have any kind words for me as I'm entirely useless...apart from giving you guys news I guess ^^.

But I'd tell Ark he still has your support.
Old 2007-02-10, 05:07   Link #173
EphemeralDreams
I will devour your soul

Trust me, having any news is better than vanishing completely! If theres anything I can do with my own ability, I will be glad to help you guys in any way. Till then, I will try to cram as much Japanese in my brain till I either pass out to overloading or drink enough till I begin to understand Japanese.. perhaps a combination of both.
Old 2007-04-20, 15:29   Link #174
Morrow
私の世界

Send a message via ICQ to Morrow
i'm also waiting for this translation and willing to help, but i'm only learning Japanese and can't understand it for now Can edit English translation if needed.. well, just wanna say - i'm with you guys
Old 2007-04-28, 16:37   Link #175
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

From what I heard, the next patch with Tamaki's route completion should be released any time now.
Old 2007-04-28, 17:12   Link #176
EdenB
Overlord

Question!

Does anything special have to be done to get the Kudou Kanae ending? I clicked on all the ones with Kudou's voice (including an untranslated one between manga-ka girl and Kudou) and checked for all the alarm time scenes with Kudou in too, but only got a single Jun'i'chi going to the graduation event with Kudou then it ended. Kudou Kanae didn't appear as a character on the scenarios either.
Old 2007-04-28, 17:51   Link #177
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB View Post
Question!

Does anything special have to be done to get the Kudou Kanae ending? I clicked on all the ones with Kudou's voice (including an untranslated one between manga-ka girl and Kudou) and checked for all the alarm time scenes with Kudou in too, but only got a single Jun'i'chi going to the graduation event with Kudou then it ended. Kudou Kanae didn't appear as a character on the scenarios either.
You must get (I think) a perfect score on the test in order to unlock Kudo's route.
Old 2007-04-28, 18:07   Link #178
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
You must get (I think) a perfect score on the test in order to unlock Kudo's route.
Gah~!

That seems quite hard, with questions like how do you pronounce (something I can't read), which is your favourite heroine and guess based on intuition.

Does anyone know which are the correct answers, since there doesn't seem to be an English walkthrough?
Old 2007-04-29, 04:15   Link #179
Morrow
私の世界

Send a message via ICQ to Morrow
Well, rather easy if u translate D.C. walkthrough via google...
Spoiler for walkthrough:

Quote:
the next patch with Tamaki's route completion should be released any time now.
good newz
Old 2007-04-29, 04:44   Link #180
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrow View Post
Well, rather easy if u translate D.C. walkthrough via google...
Spoiler for walkthrough:
Thanks.

Now that I've finally found Kudou's walkthrough I'll give it a try. ^^ Though things like 'Well, occurred the one which calling' might get a bit confusing.

Pronouncation 2 is a bit confusing looking at the walkthrough, since you said suika and the walkthrough says watermelon, it's suika though it seems.

Edit: Even following it, I didn't get the ending. O.o

Last edited by EdenB; 2007-04-29 at 05:26.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, ero-game, game patch, translation