AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 7 9.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 26.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 29.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 12.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-17, 19:53   Link #41
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Maybe it was my anime deprivation that caused me to actually enjoy this episode a bit, so I will wait to give my final rating after another watch, but this slice of life is definitely better than the konoe slice of live by far.
I actually enjoyed the Konoe slice of life episodes, but I have to agree that I enjoyed these Shana and Yoshida slice of life moments better. Overall, a decent and enjoyable episode.

Nice to actually get the names of some side-characters. I wonder if Fujita-san and Nakamura will have any other impact on the storyline (besides draining Ike and harassing Shana and Yoshida in the shower).
Old 2007-12-17, 20:29   Link #42
Excorsism

Comparing this episode with the preview of the next episode, the next episode's animation seems to have gone up significantly...

Also, Shana looks gorgeous in the Dorothy costume.
Old 2007-12-17, 20:33   Link #43
Aquifina

The Shana/Yoshida slice of life eps are so much better than the Konoe arc; I genuinely enjoyed this episode. Although, in retrospect, I liked the bento episode more. The setup of the Pheles material also worked fairly well for me.
Old 2007-12-17, 21:49   Link #44
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Spoiler for quote:

Yeah. It's official. Alastor has finally decided to let things just happen.
Old 2007-12-17, 22:12   Link #45
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Spoiler for quote:

Yeah. It's official. Alastor has finally decided to let things just happen.
That helps explain his relative silence during the jealousy arc. And in general this season, when it comes to Shana and Yuji.
Old 2007-12-17, 23:15   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Amazing - Khamsin appeared and nobody's ass got kicked. What a waste. All of this domestic bliss is fine, but it should have taken up about 1/4 as much screen time as it has. I know there's a bigger story out there we're building up to, but if the pace doesn't ratchet up soon I question how many are going to still be around to see it.
Old 2007-12-18, 00:17   Link #47
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

A whole ep dedicated to preparation for school festival lol Even slice-of-life series like Azumanga goes through the entire event in one ep. The phase has definitely gotten much slower and there are just too many unnecessary scenes.
What a surprise that reiji maigo was actually created by Pheles, a tomogara. If she's actually that strong, who could have defeated her. I hope that they will go deeper into that.
Other than the meeting with Wilhelmina, everything shown this ep is pretty much repeating the same things. Margery drinking, the eye-always-close guy blushing with the red-haired girl, Shana and Yoshida thinking about Yuuji without doing anything about it, and Yuuji just have no interest in woman or rather loli. Pretty much the same formula without any worthy development.
Old 2007-12-18, 00:32   Link #48
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

So I gave the episode another watch and I'm still going to go with my intended rating of 8/10.

The first half of the episode was a nice built up of just fun and slice of life, nothing special but better than the Konoe arc (It is novel material after all). It was going at a sound 7, but the second half was nicely played out in my opinion and is getting me psyched for the episodes to come, so it gets boosted to an 8/10.

As an anime only noob for this series, I am predicting that Pheles doesn't end up getting defeated due to how strong they make her seem. She'll come and go off on her own accord without really harming Yuji and the reiji maigo. Maybe she feels the sentiments for Yuji's and Shana's relationship as lovers to be? Perhaps I'm stretching it here...
Old 2007-12-18, 00:41   Link #49
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
So I gave the episode another watch and I'm still going to go with my intended rating of 8/10.

The first half of the episode was a nice built up of just fun and slice of life, nothing special but better than the Konoe arc (It is novel material after all). It was going at a sound 7, but the second half was nicely played out in my opinion and is getting me psyched for the episodes to come, so it gets boosted to an 8/10.

As an anime only noob for this series, I am predicting that Pheles doesn't end up getting defeated due to how strong they make her seem. She'll come and go off on her own accord without really harming Yuji and the reiji maigo. Maybe she feels the sentiments for Yuji's and Shana's relationship as lovers to be? Perhaps I'm stretching it here...
If you recall from Wilhelmina's description, Pheles and Johan were so lovesick for each other that it went through boundaries of time. I don't think she'll let Yuji off the hook that easily.
Old 2007-12-18, 01:06   Link #50
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
If you recall from Wilhelmina's description, Pheles and Johan were so lovesick for each other that it went through boundaries of time. I don't think she'll let Yuji off the hook that easily.
Well I still think she won't actually be defeated in a fight, she's going to get demoralized in some way... If you played the game "Tales of Symphonia", I am expecting her to try and do a similar thing and raise her dead lover in a body with the reiji maigo, and perhaps get rejected? But then she maybe denies it and goes insane and silver protects everyone? Ack, I need to rethink my theory.
Old 2007-12-18, 01:15   Link #51
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

That's the only reaction I have to this week's episode.

Should Yuji really be going out and leading a normal life when he's got this much crap stacked against him? Shouldn't he start going into training hardcore now? Didn't he plan to leave the city in the first season? I mean the events then are small potatoes compared to what he's inevitably been shoved into now.

And GOD ALL MIGHTY the close ups of Carmel-san absolutely NEVER fail to be hot as hell.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-12-18, 01:23   Link #52
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

That's the only reaction I have to this week's episode.

Should Yuji really be going out and leading a normal life when he's got this much crap stacked against him? Shouldn't he start going into training hardcore now? Didn't he plan to leave the city in the first season? I mean the events then are small potatoes compared to what he's inevitably been shoved into now.

And GOD ALL MIGHTY the close ups of Carmel-san absolutely NEVER fail to be hot as hell.
Hot... Moe... Disparity... Huge... Difference...

Recall that in episode 9 that Yuji and Shana learns of the Silver Flame within Yuji. We ALL know Margery won't take it lightly, and if stuff like this sparks up again, we may see a pointless and unnecessary battle, which nobody (in Misaki) wants. Also, due to recent events, Misaki City is now in a different wavelength in terms of the balance between the two worlds than say Paris, France, so having the Reiji Maigo, the center of the equation, leave just like that may cause problems, so Alastor has decided to play conservative.
Old 2007-12-18, 01:34   Link #53
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

All that needs to happen now is that Yuji is a splitting image of Johan and the harem theme will be complete!

I get the feeling that Wilma knows Pheles in some way.

Both the problems that Yuji is going to face can be easily mitigated by following Plan A, AKA leave the city. I try not to think about it, but staying in one place is asking for trouble not just for themselves but for the people around them.
Old 2007-12-18, 01:49   Link #54
Aznbanana

-_- cmon, i havnt given a 7/10 in ages for anime i follow and this broke the streak. I loved how Shana looked and thats why its even high. But god damn, this feels like a Naruto Filler. Its a freakin crimeee!! =(
Old 2007-12-18, 01:55   Link #55
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznbanana View Post
-_- cmon, i havnt given a 7/10 in ages for anime i follow and this broke the streak. I loved how Shana looked and thats why its even high. But god damn, this feels like a Naruto Filler. Its a freakin crimeee!! =(
Nothing will ever compare to the naruto fillers..... Now I will be mildly depressed for the rest of tonight due to filler relapse... May I remind you of a certain pissing scene on top of the roof? If Shana had degraded that far, we'd see far more complaints.
Old 2007-12-18, 02:38   Link #56
jtrog

I gave it a 7/10. I missed what the story was supposed to tell I guess. Wonderful VAs though sounded great.

Spoiler for Now The Shower :
Old 2007-12-18, 02:49   Link #57
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Now that deserves a 9/10 from me. Even though nothing happened (as usual), I'm not watching Shakugan no Shana II with Shakugan no Shana expectations. As an episode, it's a very good one, with good plot development in a relaxing atmosphere that will likely to not remain that way. That or I'm just being very hopeful that something will happen soon.
Old 2007-12-18, 03:01   Link #58
Aznbanana

Quote:
Nothing will ever compare to the naruto fillers..... Now I will be mildly depressed for the rest of tonight due to filler relapse... May I remind you of a certain pissing scene on top of the roof? If Shana had degraded that far, we'd see far more complaints.
alright, alright. you got me. I might've overexagerrated but this feeling im getting is very ominous. ominous im trying to describe the feeling of fillers alrite? Anyways, its definitely not what im looking when the 2nd season of Shana started. I was looking for Shana kicking ass and taking names. not some slice of life romance/harem. its just really dissapointing by all means right now. I mean, only bright spots so far has been like Margery's fight and her story. I'm HOPING we get to see something really good when Pheles arrives on the scene. I really wanna know more bout Yuuji's silver flame. Damn thing hooked me for this eps just for a lil tease.
Old 2007-12-18, 04:22   Link #59
Moridin

I never thought i would see my name in an anime! JOHAN! And the pronunciation of the name is verry close to how you would say it here in sweden
I actually like this kind of episodes... however, I must agree with the fact that it feels verry different from season 1. But I'm not watching this anime just because of the fights, and I like "slice of life" and "school life" shows in general, so the change of pace dont bother me the slightest.

P.S: I hope this anime makes a complete turnover and Johan comes back to life, steals back his reji maigo from Yuji, and then he sweeps Shana of her feet and makes her completely fall in love with him. Then they spend the rest of their lifes togheter .......wishfull thinking I guess hehe

P.P.S: I just found i quote I'm thinking about using, haha! "He is Johan, the eternal lover" (16:46 ; Ayako-YM) LOL!

Last edited by Moridin; 2007-12-18 at 06:51.
Old 2007-12-18, 08:30   Link #60
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznbanana View Post
Too bad this is actually novel material.
Closed Thread