AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 18:17   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 55 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 01:28   Link #2
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

So I heard some rumors of this episode being the first in what will be a new filler arc. Anyone know if those rumors have been substantiated? If so, is it going to be a whole arc of filler, or just an extra episode or two (or five)? I'd be sorely disappointed if that turned out to be the case but, I have to admit, I wouldn't be all that surprised.
Old 2008-04-17, 01:30   Link #3
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I myself haven't seen the new opening, however I've seen comments stating that it is indeed a brand spanking new Filler Arc for the Anime.
Old 2008-04-17, 02:19   Link #4
james0246

Yes, it is a filler...and it looks like it is going to be...good. Or at least better than the present episodes have been (Naruto going four-tails besides the point).

As to the actuall content, I can not say much yet, but it looks like its going to be a mixture of the Manga's next immediate arc, with filler villians (who look fairly standard, but hey, at least Asuma and the gang get some action).

Last edited by james0246; 2008-04-17 at 02:42.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 02:32   Link #5
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I'd rather see just 3 more filler arc's just to get rid of the million flashbacks and staring contest that we've seen over 50 episodes in a row now. This probably comes in handy.

BTW i'd like to ask. Is it me or is Asuma actually just like Shikamaru? He complains about his students: lazy, arrogant and fat ones. But the impression that i get from him is just like Shika's.
Old 2008-04-17, 08:19   Link #6
neshru

There was no filler in this episode, besides the scene at the hospital before the OP. Also, it covered almost 2 manga chapters (3 pages from chapter 314, all of 315 and 13 pages from 316). Judging from the preview the filler villains will appear in the next episode, but we will also see Naruto continue his training.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 12:03   Link #7
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
They are really flying through Naruto's training. And that's a good thing since training can make for very boring anime.

I guess next week officially starts the filler arc since the villains finally show up.

Cute little Naruto x Sakura moment in the beginning in the hospital.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 12:09   Link #8
pac2is
Shinsengumi captain

Hehe finally good old naruto eps Love it!
New Opening = GREAT :O Cant stop listening it...
pac2is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 15:32   Link #9
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I started thinking eh...what would happen if Sai would come up with a nickname for Tsunade?
I doubt anyone is going to/can hold back Tsunade!
Old 2008-04-17, 15:36   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I started thinking eh...what would happen if Sai would come up with a nickname for Tsunade?
I doubt anyone is going to/can hold back Tsunade!
Call up the writers, we just found a new filler episode, "Sai's Comeback: The Quest For the Perfect Name." I can just see it now, Naruto will drag Sai around to all the instructors (and Tsunade) and force Sai into giving them a nickname (all as a pretense for becoming more human by making friends). Hilarous Hijinks ensue.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:10   Link #11
quashoko
answer

I just saw the episode, and i will have to put this one in my top three favorite episodes in shippuuden. The music was perfect in this episode. Since shippuuden started i hated the music for most scenes, until now. I liked this episode soooo much. Yamatos waterfall was beautiful and the music was beautiful. I feel happy.
I am going to kiss anyone i see.
quashoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 22:33   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As always amazed by Naruto's level of stupidity. Maybe its not a surprise that he never noticed that experiences learned by shadow clones would come back to the original. Since he only ever uses them to mass rush the opposition. Only learning experiences they gain is getting owned.

Too bad Jiraya hadn't thought about using this. Naruto could have learned a ton of techniques. Almost a counter to Sharigan's learning, thousands of him learning at the same time can really build things up. Too bad this is only being done for a single ultimate technique.

But here the filler arc comes apparently.
Old 2008-04-18, 00:09   Link #13
Lunarskylar

LOL the anime team is clever
anyone besides me notice how the new villains are apparently copyrighting Akatsuki's do
wide hats and cloaks
lolz, but yes the pacing was sexy, i think widescreen struck a nerve in their brains and brouht them to their senses, wheeee
Old 2008-04-18, 00:19   Link #14
Zetrio
The Knight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
As always amazed by Naruto's level of stupidity. Maybe its not a surprise that he never noticed that experiences learned by shadow clones would come back to the original. Since he only ever uses them to mass rush the opposition. Only learning experiences they gain is getting owned.

Too bad Jiraya hadn't thought about using this. Naruto could have learned a ton of techniques. Almost a counter to Sharigan's learning, thousands of him learning at the same time can really build things up. Too bad this is only being done for a single ultimate technique.

But here the filler arc comes apparently.
Jiraiya isnt as clever as kakashi.
Zetrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 00:29   Link #15
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Naaah it's just plot no Jutsu, if Jiraiya had him use that way to train after 2.5 years Naruto would come back and own akatsuki with just one pinky. The episode was pretty good btw.
Old 2008-04-18, 00:42   Link #16
Chase

i was dying laughing when i heard Naruto yell "Rasen" in his sleep
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 01:18   Link #17
marsmars133
lol

I know that the filler arc is starting but is this in the manga as well?
marsmars133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 01:31   Link #18
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsmars133 View Post
I know that the filler arc is starting but is this in the manga as well?
Your talking bout this episode right? I dont read the manga but from what i read from comments from people, this episode covers a couple chapters in the manga
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 01:43   Link #19
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
yeah the everything is manga except hosptial scene and next weeks preview

I liked this episode. i don't know what it is, i think its the widescreen. so happy i got one now . it certainly felt like the old naruto episodes, naruto being stupid... sakura being ugly. how ever its only a matter of time before the uchihas take over so let us savor these momments/episodes

also is it just me or did tsunade look preagnant ??

if the anime team does a better job then kishi in this filler arc.....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 01:57   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil View Post
Naaah it's just plot no Jutsu, if Jiraiya had him use that way to train after 2.5 years Naruto would come back and own akatsuki with just one pinky. The episode was pretty good btw.
^ This

If Naruto was training in this fashion for the last 2.5 years, Naruto could kill an Akatsuki member with a sneeze.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote