AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 11:07   Link #581
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Maybe it's the definition of what a collar is that is the problem? Traditional collars go around your entire neck while these things do not. Maybe. I don't know.
Well, a shirt collar doesn't go all the way around the neck, so it can be used in this capacity too.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 13:21   Link #582
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I don't understand what you mean. The anime portrays them correctly.
Sorry. I was under the impression they were implants because for some reason I remember seeing that stated somehwere. I doubled checked earlier but you're right in that they are collars.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 20:03   Link #583
FaiEatsRainbows
Wonderful Wonderholic

Gaaaah, I just watched the first episode and I have to say that I'm hooked.
Great plot, interesting characters and dialogue, and really nice art and animation. I suppose I can see why people don't like having a fat main character, but I think he is really adorable. Like a doughnut. Or a beachball. yaaaay for beachballs.

ANYWAYS, I cannot wait for the next episode, I really hope this anime takes off and it gets licensed here in the US. Judging from the first episode, I'd buy it.
Old 2012-04-09, 20:38   Link #584
00Coyote

This anime is confusing to me.

It has two things I like, Kuroyuki-hime, and competent animation.

But it has one really big thing that that I hate. Whiney male protagonist, with extra rage added for being mostly useless, and overall an un-apologetic whimp.

I have a very, very low tolerance for whiney useless MC, but for some bizarre reason this useless pig of a whiney MC doesn't bother nearly as much as it should. And I can't figure out why.

Is it because there is promise that he will grow out of his wimposity?
Is it because he is portrayed as a small (yet whiney) little animal, being picked on by those bigger than him?
Is it because I see him as an overly whiney plush toy for Kuroyuki-hime to play with, string along, and use as a tool to accomplish a greater goal of her's?

Heck if I know, but I'm leaning toward #3, because it has more beautiful butterfly in it.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 22:00   Link #585
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I would say he already has it. Making a circle on his thigh with one finger... I think he's in good shape in that regard.
Nah, he's going to be used and tossed to the curve when it's all over. It's worth watching this just to see if I'm right.
Old 2012-04-09, 22:41   Link #586
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
This anime is confusing to me.

It has two things I like, Kuroyuki-hime, and competent animation.

But it has one really big thing that that I hate. Whiney male protagonist, with extra rage added for being mostly useless, and overall an un-apologetic whimp.

I have a very, very low tolerance for whiney useless MC, but for some bizarre reason this useless pig of a whiney MC doesn't bother nearly as much as it should. And I can't figure out why.
I actually think it can be forgiven (and probably why it may not bother you as much) a bit this time because of the sheer fact that Arita actually LOOKS the "loser", "wimpy", etc part. TOO many times is the so-called "outcast", "loser", "wimp", basically the bottom of the social food-chain STILL made out to look like an uber-bishonen, if only to allow them to be more easily shipped and be easy on the eyes.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 23:19   Link #587
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

How dare you!? Kuroyukihime-sama isn't a heartless wench that uses her pawns and throws them away when they stop being necessary!

No seriously...she isn't...she's my black winged angel~
You will be shocked in 5 or 6 episodes...

Anyway!
I also have a distinct dislike for wimpy main characters. They annoy the hell out of me when they start cowering for no logical reason or when they suddenly get all nervous and retarded when a girl so much as gets 1 foot closer to them.

Haruyuki however, doesn't annoy me as much...or at all most of the time. I'll have to agree on the "he actually looks the wimpy kid part" since, unlike the 1000 other wimpy main characters, he has no bishounen side that make girls swoon over him. Not only that but usually the wimpy guy gets fawned over by the girls because of his kind and caring side...Haru doesn't show that side because he is full on wimpy.
It's a matter of being committed to being a wimpy character and not just for comic relief and the likes. He was heavily bullied and he has looks that match his self esteem, his wimpy personality IS understandable and thus easier to stomach.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 23:23   Link #588
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nah, he's going to be used and tossed to the curve when it's all over. It's worth watching this just to see if I'm right.
Yes. That girl seems like a manipulative girl. Even if they are ended up as couple, the girl will cheats behind him after a few years. There is no way a pretty or popular girl will spend her life with a short and fat guy. She will eventually get tired of him and find a real man. At least, I hope that the main character have save some money in his bank or establish a small business to support himself before the divorce happens though.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 23:35   Link #589
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Yes. That girl seems like a manipulative girl. Even if they are ended up as couple, the girl will cheats behind him after a few years. There is no way a pretty or popular girl will spend her life with a short and fat guy. She will eventually get tired of him and find a real man. At least, I hope that the main character have save some money in his bank or establish a small business to support himself before the divorce happens though.
I wish to troll you for your obvious dislike for fat characters.

However I shall refrain from doing so (as much as it pains me) since I rather like this forum and I...don't have more free passes =.=

PS: How does she look like the manipulative type? It was 2 episodes and she showed no signs of it.
Old 2012-04-09, 23:39   Link #590
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I wish to troll you for your obvious dislike for fat characters.
I don't dislike fat man. I just being realistic here...unless the main character end up becomes a freaking successful businessman in the future, then I can see the main girl living with him to the end.
Old 2012-04-09, 23:43   Link #591
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I don't dislike fat man. I just being realistic here...unless the main character end up becomes a freaking successful businessman in the future, then I can see the main girl living with him to the end.
Hmm...so basically you have to be either hot or rich if you want to get with a cute, popular girl?

Especially one that hasn't shown any signs of being a manipulative bitch.
Old 2012-04-09, 23:53   Link #592
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hmm...so basically you have to be either hot or rich if you want to get with a cute, popular girl?

Especially one that hasn't shown any signs of being a manipulative bitch.
Isn't this how our world works?
Old 2012-04-09, 23:57   Link #593
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Is this how our world works?
It's how children work.
Old 2012-04-10, 00:07   Link #594
omegasereon

The anime should covers LN volumes 1 -3. I know for a fact it’ll cover two since it shows the red king in the opening, the red haired chick and chrome disaster at the very end of the OP. It might cover part of 3 since near the end of the OP, you see the green avatar which should be chiyuri.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 01:25   Link #595
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Or funny.

Or, uh, really good at video games, if this anime is to be believed?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 01:25   Link #596
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or funny.

Or, uh, really good at video games, if this anime is to be believed?
Two words.

South Korea.

Old 2012-04-10, 01:39   Link #597
GundamZZ
残念美人

Imposing real world value on to 2D world is not the answer. It is also not funny(or funny) to visit some movie's fan page. Then, proceed to make the insulting comment about the show. The design still reminds me about ultraman.

Spoiler for ultraman's planet:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 05:37   Link #598
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Two words.

South Korea.

You beat me to it.

How to know video games are serious business in south korea: pro gamers go out with idols
Old 2012-04-10, 07:08   Link #599
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
I pity the main character. There is no way that he going to get the female lead affection. After all, he is fat and short...very short. This ship is destined to sink...very fast.
Heh. It's best not to compare anime with anything in Real Life™ - anime is after all wish-fulfillment.

But that said, a fat lead is very unusual and whether he can get the girl or not is not the issue, but whether the audience will accept the pairing however is.

Personally I'm not very fond of him despite my IMHO very good tolerance for wimpy leads. My not-so-good experience with fat people isn't helping.[1]

That and it's entertainment, I want to watch attractive people - everyone else in the darn show is pretty except him; which also makes it exceptionally jarring.

[1] Known a fat dude when I was in my early teens, he was a pretty swell guy. Hanged out with him quite often. Sadly every other fat guy I met afterwards has been conniving slobs. Yes, I know stereotypes and all, but my impression has unfortunately been tainted.

Edit: About the show, so far I find the premises fairly interesting. The "logic" of the setting seem decently well thought out - unlike some other shows. Hope it doesn't devolves into bland shounen fighting though.
Old 2012-04-10, 07:27   Link #600
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Two words.

South Korea.

Haha, my home country

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen