AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-02, 11:41   Link #1781
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I already lost count of all the days when all my characters get owned in every match.

Today kisses of death goes too....

F-01
<<島津由乃@マリア様がみてる OVA>>(Shimazu Yoshino@Maria-sama ga Miteru OVA)

F-05
<<上原むつき(むっちー)@がくえんゆーとぴあ まなびストレート!>>(Uehara Mutsuki(Mucchii)@Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!)

F-09
<<園崎詩音@ひぐらしのなく頃に>>(Sonozaki Shion@Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)
Old 2007-09-02, 11:52   Link #1782
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Haha wow, now neither my friends nor myself can have bragging rights for E-8's result. On a more important note, I don't really understand how Ginga can have such a sweeping victory, yet Subaru loses by 200 or so votes. Someone try to clarify this please. Maybe it's just that I had no idea who Subaru's competition was.

Props to Teana for domination...just as planned. And now, for today, we have...ARRRGH F1 was a pain for me to decide, but I have to support Yoshino. The others are fairly easy - Suiseiseki and Shion
Old 2007-09-02, 12:20   Link #1783
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Saimoe 2007
2:1
Mai lost... 'nuff said.
Good day for the Nanoha legion. Tea <3 and Ginga did very well against there competition and wond, while Signum had the lead for a good part of the day.
Henrietta with the comeback! I was going to be a bit sad if she lost, because she's been simply amazing in ZnT2. I've been watching Negima!? and I still haven't seen enough of Setsuna, so I feel very good about picking Hime-sama.
Those last 4 hours on Group E-08 were very tight. Take a look at it when you can.
Spoiler for NissanNut's picks/comments - Round 1 Group F:
Best Moe 2007
2:1
Well, Jun didn't get blown away like in Saimoe, but Akiko and Vivio took the group as expected.
Kagami with 1134 votes blew the competition away. Isumi in second. I wonder how that will reflect in their future Saimoe results.
We have tie for second in Group 12! Shana and Setsuna pull off that rare feat. Gin-tan won, but it was far from the blow out I expected. That is very intriguing.
Spoiler for NissanNut's pick/comments - Round 5 Day 4:
Old 2007-09-02, 12:29   Link #1784
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I had a feeling Henrietta would win this, like I said, maybe it was her stripping half-naked in front of Saito in ZnT2 that did the trick and gave her that little extra boost?
It gave me a "little boost!" [RIMSHOT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
On a more important note, I don't really understand how Ginga can have such a sweeping victory, yet Subaru loses by 200 or so votes. Someone try to clarify this please. Maybe it's just that I had no idea who Subaru's competition was.
Yup, Seto no Hanayome has a strong following. And I think that The Little Mermaid herself, San Seto, can pull off the upset today against Shion.

So today I'm going with San-chan (pulling for the upset), Mucchi (in a lost cause), and Yoshino.
Old 2007-09-02, 12:31   Link #1785
Aaeru
Simoun Sibylla

2:1 predictions for me. I was wrong in E-08, but not the way I thought I was going to be. That brings my total for E group's predictions to 10:2.
Spoiler for F-01, F-05, F-09 choices:
Old 2007-09-02, 12:40   Link #1786
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Wow, I'm sad that Secchan lost, but at least it wasn't to someone from StrikerS. I kinda expected it would be a tough match anyway.

My tentative votes:
F01 - Mashiro
F05 - Flandre
F09 - Kana - she's too cute with the ribbon nano desu yo!
I'm undecided about the first two matches. I'll be looking for supporting material. If any of you want to try to swing my vote, send me a PM with your reasons or some pics!
Old 2007-09-02, 12:53   Link #1787
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Still a surprise to see Henrietta sneak past to grab the win. Guess while the other two were battling it out in a sword frenzy she just waltzed on through. Too bad since out of the characters in the groups Signum was the one I was most pulling for and had a bad feeling with it being so tight in there.
Spoiler for SaimoeVote:

Spoiler for K.Saimoe:
Old 2007-09-02, 12:55   Link #1788
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Seems I do have a Net connection here, at least in the evenings when I'm back in my room. As usual, thanks to Kinny Riddle, wontaek and ando for the regular coverage; Agent86 for Voting Trivia statistics; todkapuz for tracking down FLOOD links; Aya Reiko for running vote count + graphic chart of the brackets; z3phyr for the many sigs; and everyone regularly posting here for making SaiMoe lively. I need to go off to dinner soon, so Wiki will be updated later.

Ah~ happiness at Henrietta-jou winning~ I wouldn't have minded a Setsuna victory either but... from what very very little I know of the ZnT novels, there is even more in Henrietta than what S2 has managed to show so far. That's the thing with series that are based on light novels - the sheer ability for narrative prose to describe a character's inner thoughts and emotions easily[1] is very hard to reproduce in anime, especially with time restrictions. You never know what novel readers are actually seeing in a character. That and the story will invariably be different of course.

[1]Example: FMP Vol 1 - the plane hi-jacking arc. The scene with a cold sweat-drenched Sousuke in the bathroom after he distracted Gauron with a falling cup. I thought nothing of that in the anime, but in the novel it was one of the most gut-wrenching scenes of that arc.

Oh btw, any news on the graphs for the previous two days? I know they'll be somewhere in the voting thread repository to be found in the future, but it'd be easier to find them now before we forget.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-09-02, 13:14   Link #1789
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Current Status:
Spoiler:

Will vote for--
Secretly Tomboyish
Desu!
Kyonyuu Sonozaki Shimai

Edit-
How do you say "Vote Shi-chan or Oyashiro-sama will curse you." in Japanese?
Old 2007-09-02, 13:15   Link #1790
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

shana the tier =_=
all for suiseiseki today animal like shy and evil words and yuri sister love(?) is just ftw
Old 2007-09-02, 13:42   Link #1791
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
for those thinking about checking out negima i suggest you check the manga and not the anime... both anime adaptations failed imo... once you have caught up to the manga you'll then proably see why negima characters are doing fairly well... it's hard to memorize all the names at first but you'll soon be able to... i had to print a copy of negi's class roster to memorize their names... hehe...
anyway on to saimoe... i'm kinda surprised by henrietta's performance back there... though i haven't been following this second season as much as i was during the first so i don't really know what's happening to her character... i was kinda disappointed by the anime adaptation after i read some novel summaries... the novel is much more better imo...
at least secchan wasn't beaten in a sword fight by signum...
Old 2007-09-02, 13:43   Link #1792
Bassaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
A tie! The matches held this year appear to be the kind when one way or another, competitors come "close". Shana and Setsuna would have to settle it another time. Although I'm glad both of them made it. I don't want either of them to drop out.
Aha...
I hesitated a long time about who to vote yesterday and I gave Shana a vote at last.

How important it is...or Shana will lost the game by 2 votes...

Ahaha...
Old 2007-09-02, 13:45   Link #1793
mythus

ugh i keep getting an error! can anyone help me with this one...

ERROR:アクセス規制中です!!(\.optonline.net)
Old 2007-09-02, 13:48   Link #1794
Bassaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythus View Post
ugh i keep getting an error! can anyone help me with this one...

ERROR:アクセス規制中です!!(\.optonline.net)
I cannot see anything but a
ERROR:PROXY規制中!!!(99)。
on my screen.

Chinese ADSL is so [cool]....

====================================
Change your IP add and try again.
Old 2007-09-02, 14:00   Link #1795
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
anyway on to saimoe... i'm kinda surprised by henrietta's performance back there... though i haven't been following this second season as much as i was during the first so i don't really know what's happening to her character... i was kinda disappointed by the anime adaptation after i read some novel summaries... the novel is much more better imo...
So far in the second season she has been in almost every episode, including one very fanservice-ish one where she was hiding out with Saito dressed as a commoner. So her numbers got an understandable boost.
Old 2007-09-02, 14:01   Link #1796
Bassaa

<<コーネリア・リ・ブリタニア@コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ>>

<<翠星石@ローゼンメイデン オーベルテューレ>>

<<瀬戸燦@瀬戸の花嫁>>
Old 2007-09-02, 14:14   Link #1797
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
for those thinking about checking out negima i suggest you check the manga and not the anime... both anime adaptations failed imo... once you have caught up to the manga you'll then proably see why negima characters are doing fairly well... it's hard to memorize all the names at first but you'll soon be able to... i had to print a copy of negi's class roster to memorize their names... hehe...
I will do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
Haha wow, now neither my friends nor myself can have bragging rights for E-8's result. On a more important note, I don't really understand how Ginga can have such a sweeping victory, yet Subaru loses by 200 or so votes. Someone try to clarify this please. Maybe it's just that I had no idea who Subaru's competition was.
I think it's more than one reason..It could be folks who aren't part of the Nanoha legion actually find Ginga more moe or likeable than Subaru. Just a guess. Also, Subaru had to face Edomae Runa. She's tough and did win that group. Ginga's competition Konohana Hikari. I thought it would have been closer than it was, but I wasn't surprised that she won. I voted for neither Subaru nor Ginga because there were other girls I found more moe in their respective groups.
Old 2007-09-02, 14:25   Link #1798
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
at least secchan wasn't beaten in a sword fight by signum...

Henrietta stripe naked 2 eps ago.

Her assests were right up there with Siesta.
Old 2007-09-02, 14:40   Link #1799
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

i can't vote anymore. japan hates me.
Old 2007-09-02, 14:59   Link #1800
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Ahahaha, back when I first grabbed Del Ray's Vol 1, I sat down and kept looking at that roster until I memorised not only their names, but their seat positions/numbers too. Most of that number information's gone out of my head now but the names remain. Word of advice when reading the manga: don't build any firm impressions until you get to Vol 3. That's the point where Akamatsu stops pretending this is "lawl Love Hina clone harem" (his publishers wanted that) and gets serious.

In Round 123:
Spoiler:

Over in Korean SaiMoe:
Spoiler:

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2007-09-02 at 15:16.
Closed Thread