AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-04, 17:01   Link #41
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOmaru View Post
I am only saying that because ulq is just far more powerful than Ichigo is at this point, the difference is an infinite gap by the look of it. I could understand how he was able to defeat Kenpachi way back when, and
I could understand how he was able to defeat Grim. The gap of power in those fights were not nearly as huge. Anyway he was only able to defeat Grim, espada 6, BARELY and he couldn't even touch number 5 so how in the hell is he suppose to beat ulq who is number 4? That is just my opinion that Ichigo should not be able to beat ulq in this point in time.
While that may happen, I don't think it will. KT has pretty much always focused on one on one in the significant fights, I don't see that changing here. The only other possible reason I see someone stepping in, is to give Ichigo a reprieve, so Orihime can heal him, but I don't see the point of that. It would, essentially, just reset the fight, no matter how many times Orihime heals him its not going to make him anywhere near close enough to Ulq's power.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:08   Link #42
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOmaru View Post
I am only saying that because ulq is just far more powerful than Ichigo is at this point, the difference is an infinite gap by the look of it. I could understand how he was able to defeat Kenpachi way back when, and
I could understand how he was able to defeat Grim. The gap of power in those fights were not nearly as huge. Anyway he was only able to defeat Grim, espada 6, BARELY and he couldn't even touch number 5 so how in the hell is he suppose to beat ulq who is number 4? That is just my opinion that Ichigo should not be able to beat ulq in this point in time.
Ichigo just got done fighting Grimmjow when Nnotoria attacked him.

You really can't use that as an example. It would be like running a marathon, then being forced to run another maraton with a couple extra miles right after and then asking why you were slower the 2nd time.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:23   Link #43
StevOmaru
Thats So CA$H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
Ichigo just got done fighting Grimmjow when Nnotoria attacked him.

You really can't use that as an example. It would be like running a marathon, then being forced to run another maraton with a couple extra miles right after and then asking why you were slower the 2nd time.
You got me there, you are right about the whole Nnotoria thing because yes he did just have to fight Grimmjow. I still stand by the fact that Ichigo and Grimmjow were equally match and Grimmjow was only number 6. Also it isn't like there was that much time in between him fighting Grimmjow and now fighting ulq so I would have to ask than "Where in the hell would Ichigo all of a sudden out of no where get enough power to defeat ulq?" I just don't think there would be any legit excuse to make Ichigo stronger than ulq.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:31   Link #44
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I'm expecting it to be a transformation of his hollow side, that has been the focus of this arc, so it only seems natural. I expect the upgrade to his Shinigami side to come sometime after the Royal Guards (or perhaps the royalty themselves) are introduced, they'll introduce the next form beyond bankai and as to be expected Ichigo will eventually gain it.
makes sense to me, i cant see it any other way....

i wonder if Kubo has the balls to start killing some of the main characters? i dont think Orihime is going to die .
Old 2009-03-04, 17:38   Link #45
Ryuk

From Ulqi's note that Ichigo's fluctuating reiatsu went above his own some time ago I think that ulqi is going all out to crush Ichigo before his hidden powers emerge(full hollow transformation?). As to why he has not crushed Ichigo yet one might wonder. I think he wants to see Ichigo's hope faint before he kills him, as he seems to get his kicks from that? He'll probably regret it though.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:44   Link #46
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
As to why he has not crushed Ichigo yet one might wonder. I think he wants to see Ichigo's hope faint before he kills him, as he seems to get his kicks from that? He'll probably regret it though.
Villains always fails at that...
Old 2009-03-04, 17:46   Link #47
StevOmaru
Thats So CA$H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
From Ulqi's note that Ichigo's fluctuating reiatsu went above his own some time ago I think that ulqi is going all out to crush Ichigo before his hidden powers emerge(full hollow transformation?). As to why he has not crushed Ichigo yet one might wonder. I think he wants to see Ichigo's hope faint before he kills him, as he seems to get his kicks from that? He'll probably regret it though.
I kind of did notice that too that ulq seems to really want to crush Ichigos spirit. In the last chapter before this new one ulq actually started yelling at Ichigo pretty much since he kept getting up and wouldn't give up at all. But yes whenever villians try to do this crap they end up losing, how annoying.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:51   Link #48
Fran~
floating away...

Well, tactically, the biggest win you can achieve is that your enemy lose his will of fight... I think that Kubo is looking to show that. The biggest honor to samurais is die in battle and the biggest humilliation is to surrender.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:57   Link #49
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

lol, after seeing what ulqi is capable of, i'm going to be very surprise if KT doesn't show bodies of captains lying around fake karakura town defeated straight after ichi v ulqi..........maybe not
Old 2009-03-04, 18:02   Link #50
Fran~
floating away...

i think that the worst that we could see is something near to death like Matsumoto's wounds.
Old 2009-03-04, 18:15   Link #51
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Rofl....Kubo kill off main characters? In your dreams. Dude too afraid to kill anything popular off. If Orihime does get killed off.....then WOW. Props to him. And instant win for Ichigo.
Old 2009-03-04, 22:07   Link #52
Jays

My faith in Bleach has shriveled to that of a prune, but whatever is left will definately be destroyed if I don't see Ichigo smash Ulquiorra's face into the ground. It's ridiculous how in this manga everyone except for the main character(s) continue to be given these almost flawless/supirior victories. The idea that a constant struggle is entertaining is about as true as constant victories; just for once I'd love to see Ichigo drop someone a "FUCK YOU", and not the same bullshit.
Old 2009-03-04, 22:12   Link #53
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

So.. im guessing Inoue is going to kill Ulq.
Old 2009-03-04, 22:20   Link #54
Catdog

maybe Ichi gets his butt kicked and right before Ulq deals the final blow, Ulq sees Ichi's orange hair, has a flashback about his childhood fear of orange trees and trips/falls on his own sword ? I mean, thats pretty much what happens in Claymore at the end haha ...
Old 2009-03-04, 23:06   Link #55
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

My guess is Ulqi kills Ichigo here. Then Orihime awakens her true powers and reverses time to bring him back. Some crap like that is bound to happen.
Old 2009-03-04, 23:17   Link #56
Lendial

she can already do that now, revival is nothing at this point. the only time she couldnt was because ulqys dark sticky reiatsu was blocking her powers or some silly plotty crap like that.
Old 2009-03-05, 00:05   Link #57
Sythychan

I dont see why people are complaining, at least this isnt a Szayel-Arc.

>>;

Edit: Thatd be friking sweat if Orih killed Ulquiorra.
Old 2009-03-05, 00:33   Link #58
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
For the past 3 chapters they've been doing the exact same things, ulquiorra trash-talking/attacking Ichigo, and Ichigo being too surprised/taking hits all the freaking time! Not a single counter attack, not even a mere evasion.That's not character development, it's just pushing your luck.
Also, seeing how this battle interrupted a series of far more interesting fights, I highly doubt its "importance".
Oh my God, so Ulqui right now displaying a new form that Aizen doesn't even know about can't affect the entire story right now? It surely can affect the people in Karakura town. It begs questions like, Does Aizen really have the strongest people with him there? Heck maybe it shows that Aizen has some Vasto Lordes among his top three Espada. Heck, Ichigo could be fighting one, who knows. These new developments are of importance.

Also, for the past three chapters Ichigo and Ulqui has been doing what they are suppose to be doing. Fighting each other. Ulqui in the past chapters has displayed his dominance over Ichigo and despite that Ichigo STILL will fight no matter how strong Ulqui is. And Ulqui is very annoyed at this [It's what made him transform in the first place [That's development on Ulqui]. You keep talking about "counterattack?"What do you expect Ichigo to do right now? All he can do is try to keep fighting in front of an opponent much greater than he is. We aren't gonna see any counter attack from him at the moment. Right now it's Ulqui's time to shine and his time for development.

So at the moment, consider Ichigo PWNED all you haters, Ulquirra's second form, can't fade it!
Old 2009-03-05, 01:35   Link #59
Zek
Eyebrows...

This series gets more boring with every passing week, how long are these fights going to be dragged out? If you're going to have a fight that consists of nothing but black energy beams being shot back and forth while both characters inexplicably shapeshift and power up their beams, at least get it over with quickly.
Old 2009-03-05, 01:44   Link #60
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
This series gets more boring with every passing week, how long are these fights going to be dragged out? If you're going to have a fight that consists of nothing but black energy beams being shot back and forth while both characters inexplicably shapeshift and power up their beams, at least get it over with quickly.
That's why I liked Ikkaku's and Renji's first fights the most...even without flashy power-ups, just fighting basics were enough to put up a great fight. Now it's like striving to make a difference through ridiculous changes.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion