AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-06, 15:01   Link #1101
Aquaman OS

It was the first time X Rounder abilities were portrayed negatively. Before then they were useful powers with no draw backs, but now they can apparantly make you totally crazy.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 15:09   Link #1102
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

The first time they were portrayed negatively yes, but not the first time they were said to be negative or even hinted at being negative. There was Zeheart openly saying it in I think 22 or 23, and there's the fact that most X-Rounders seem to be insane, some more than others like Desil and Minks. In fact Kio is the only X-Rounder who wants to use them for understanding instead of killing.
Old 2012-08-19, 05:08   Link #1103
bio9205
Reborn

I wonder what other tech the Vagan got from EXA-DB. Given that Sid used the purple fairy dust propulsion system, I'm guessing that's one of them.

Last edited by bio9205; 2012-08-19 at 06:29.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 05:11   Link #1104
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I wonder what other tech the Vagan got from EXA-DB. Given that Sid used the purple fairy dust propulsion system, I'm guessing that's one of it.
I'd say advanced MS engineering had to be one of them. The way their MS are built is very advanced.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 06:27   Link #1105
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'd say advanced MS engineering had to be one of them. The way their MS are built is very advanced.
Well, off the top of my head, we're probably looking at:
  1. Propulsion
  2. Armor
  3. Weaponry
  4. Invisible Umbrella
Old 2012-08-19, 06:32   Link #1106
bio9205
Reborn

Yellow beams and the beam bit tech as well. Which makes me wonder why the Vagan deploy the X-Transmitters earlier. Perhaps they got hold of a part of that data from EXA-DB but not the entire copy, so had to work on refining it?
Old 2012-08-19, 06:36   Link #1107
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Yellow beams and the beam bit tech as well. Which makes me wonder why the Vagan deploy the X-Transmitters earlier. Perhaps they got hold of a part of that data from EXA-DB but not the entire copy, so had to work on refining it?
I think it's more likely what they got ahold of from the EXA-DB was the technology they used in the Farsia's Flower Funnels; my question is why they didn't deploy it in either the Second or the Third Generation barring the Fawnfarsia. The lack of beam bit tech until the Third Generation seems legit, especially if that was actually something the Vagan developed independently of the EXA-DB.
Old 2012-08-19, 07:07   Link #1108
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

AGE has so many tech questions and discussion fuel, but do they care to give us any info? NOOOOOOOOO, bastards.

Two things I wanna know is why the Vagan beams are yellow (besides artistic difference), are they made of different particles, or what? Secondly is their god damn purple pixy fart boosters, what the hell type of propulsion technology is that?!
Old 2012-08-19, 07:27   Link #1109
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
AGE has so many tech questions and discussion fuel, but do they care to give us any info? NOOOOOOOOO, bastards.

Two things I wanna know is why the Vagan beams are yellow (besides artistic difference), are they made of different particles, or what? Secondly is their god damn purple pixy fart boosters, what the hell type of propulsion technology is that?!
They can't give you solid answers because there's no scientific basis in the technologies at all.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 07:51   Link #1110
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
They can't give you solid answers because there's no scientific basis in the technologies at all.
Fear not, my brilliant group of scientist monkeys has the answer for the propulsion.

Evil Lacus dust.

Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 08:58   Link #1111
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:

My guess is that they're just to show that Vagan tech is more advanced that Earth tech, that's all.
Old 2012-08-19, 18:17   Link #1112
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Well, Shido seems to be using the same propulsion system, or something very similar since it has the same purple color as the Vagan units.Its beams are purple though, not yellow.
Old 2012-08-19, 21:14   Link #1113
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So Sid was referred to as a mobile suit, and not a mobile armor, even though it fits all the bills of a mobile armor. Thought that was kind of odd. I guess mobile armors don't exist in the AGEverse.
Old 2012-08-20, 02:33   Link #1114
Nvis
Where are the good animes

With Vagan's "high speed mold", why aren't we seeing an army of Gundam Legilis?

Resources does not seem to be the problem here....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 03:37   Link #1115
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

I guess Legilis was envisioned as the mobile suit of the knight that would bring light to humanity. So to mass produce it would insult its stature I guess.

If they really want to mass produce Legilis, reverse engineer it, remove that Gundam face and ta-da, you get Vagan's newest mass production suit. Though by making Vagan overwhelmingly strong could be an obstacle to Ezelcant's plan - he did say he wanted to select the superior humans from Vagan and Fed so Vagan's power should be pegged to Fed's.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 06:07   Link #1116
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Or the fact that the Legilis is such a high performance suit that regular pilots can't handle it

Seeing how Zeheart took off his mask and didnt need to surpress his X-rounder powers in the Legilis i highly doubt the suit itself is grunt material
Old 2012-08-20, 06:53   Link #1117
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

The high speed mold could be limited in some way (copier?); the Legilis being somewhat based on the now wrecked Age-3.

Plus they've lost their chance to mass produce stuff in this arc, now that the lunar military factories is in the EFF hands. Didn't the vegans, through deceit, utilize EFF's own facilities and resources to build their killing machines?
Old 2012-08-20, 13:23   Link #1118
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Or the fact that the Legilis is such a high performance suit that regular pilots can't handle it

Seeing how Zeheart took off his mask and didnt need to surpress his X-rounder powers in the Legilis i highly doubt the suit itself is grunt material
That's the easy part: Modify the OS to place performance limiters on the suit in relation to the pilot's skill level. Regular pilots can still benefit and use a top-of-the-line suit, and as they gain more experience and tolerance for the punishment they can take, peel back the OS-enforced limiters to unlock more of the suit.
Old 2012-08-21, 02:26   Link #1119
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

True, True, but what would be the point of mass-producing Legilis and put limiters on them when you can stick a pilot in a Dorado (for example) with a Mu-zcell for similar grunt results?

it's not like we're going to see any exceptional Grunt pilots

This is, of course assuming Legilis would be harder to build than say, a Dorado.
Old 2012-08-26, 20:58   Link #1120
Nvis
Where are the good animes

After seeing Gundam Legilis at full(?) power, how can AGE-FX be able to match and beat it?

It is even faster than Dark Hound in flight mode.

The Legilis' bits were really impressive against Sid and seems near infinite. I was surprised it can a barrier like the FX.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote