AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-17, 00:36   Link #1
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Kami nomi/TWGOK - FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the Kami nomi/TWGOK FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Kami nomi/TWGOK fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
Old 2013-08-17, 00:48   Link #2
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

First post lol:P

Finally the fanfiction thread is here(I`m not gonna write a TWGOK fanfic yet because I`m lazy for now .)

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2013-08-17 at 03:21.
Old 2013-08-17, 02:59   Link #3
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
First post lol:P

Finally the fanfiction thread is here(I`m not write a fanfic yet because I`m lazy at the moment.)
So do I...
Well, let's start! Through out the years, we have seen great Fanfictions and even greater Writers (Whrathie Winsre, foldguy24,...). While I have nothing to complain about the quality, the quantity prove to be a bit of disapointment. The number of fic is still too small, compare to what did and what would TWGOK could do. So I hereby inviting everyone to submit your story to FF.net. If you have an idea, don't affraid to type it on the computer. And you are always welcomed to come here for disscusion, debate and collarboration!

Last edited by Fireminer; 2013-08-17 at 06:38.
Old 2013-08-17, 03:10   Link #4
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

And here are the sites where everyone can post fanart(Fanfiction) and discuss it here in this site:

1. Fanfiction.net(FF.net)
2. Deviantart(DA)

EDIT:

Original Characters(OCs) and OC stories must be checked too. Because if the OC turns out to be a Mary Sue or GaryStu (please check the wikipedia), the writer/author must be the one who gets the blame not the OC himself/herself

Good luck!

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2013-08-23 at 06:19.
Old 2013-08-17, 04:23   Link #5
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Thanks, gunblade23!
Ok, first I want to discuss about the standart procedure to make a TWGOK fic.

Arcodding to my knowledge, it's quite hard to fit such a big cast in a fic, so all we should start up is Keima and the girl(s) that you like most. OC is also an option, but you should make a character sheet first.

Then choose the main plotline of this story. It could be humor, romance, thriller,... and even a Crossover. Writing a summary of it on paper, then leave it there in one day for consideration.

After that, writing a draft. It depend on whether it is an one-shot (just write it) or multi-chapters (write a chapter draft -> a chapter, then post it. Repeat with another draft). If you could, show it to a Beta-er, or posting it on this thread. Refined the chapter the way you see fit.

Then when you think it's ripe, post it on FF.net or DA and enjoy the feedbacks (maybe flame - but keep your temper at bay!)
Old 2013-08-17, 05:47   Link #6
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Found this one in ff.net. I have to say it`s good because it has good character development and the chapters are long.

1. The World Only the Girls Know by Wrathie Winsre
- It`s a of sequel Blue Rose Paradox(Analogy : Sequel = Previous/Season 1), which is also good. Read the Blue Rose Paradox before Moonflower`s Wish to know what happened previously and to get the background story
Old 2013-08-17, 12:09   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ok, here's my idea for a series of oneshots.
After the end of the Goddess and Time travel arc, Keima's experience with girls leads him to an Epiphany and he decides to pursue love with one of the girls.

Each chapter will be a different pairing of which girl Keima choose to be with, the romance between the two, both admitting their love for each other and an epilogue of the couple.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:20   Link #8
ices
Working Hard

Have been thinking a spinoff story about Shiori and her imaginary world.
Old 2013-08-17, 17:17   Link #9
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@MrTerrorist and Ices: These are both two great ideas! However, they both requite extensive work, especially the second one.

Oh, and this is my idea: The God is now fed up because there is nothing he couldn't surpassed. But what if the challenge is not from this world, but from heaven, and Zeus no less?
Old 2013-08-21, 20:16   Link #10
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ok, so here is some thing for you guys to read:
- Stories of Wrathie Winsre.
- TWGOK: Beyond God's Mask by foldguy24.
- The Crossover Only God Knows by ItsComplicatedOkay.
Old 2013-09-01, 05:05   Link #11
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Man, no new post? I must say, TWOGK fanfic community is one of the most un-enthusiastic that I have ever come across!
Old 2013-09-17, 17:32   Link #12
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

Not so much unenthusiastic than simply lacking. I hear TWGOK is supposed to be one of the more popular shows, and the reception I've seen amongst Crunchyroll users seems to suggest that - but it runs quite contrary to the number of fanfics in the fandom. I haven't been able to keep up with the new fics either, recently...

But anyway, here's a dump of my personal recommendations.

Authors:
1. Shinra-ex-SOLDIER, who is the best in the fandom when it comes to rendering Keima's character and thought processes. Her TWGOK stories all ship Keima with Yui, and though I'm not a fan of that pairing I can't deny she does it extremely well. My favourite of her works is the first one, "100 Hours of Gaming and 1 Hour of Flirting a Day".

2. Honore - Form. MerlintoVivian - whose works are supremely novel. Merlin's works are very AU though, and it seems like he's had some IRL issues I hope he comes back from... I think his better work is "Fleshy Cosplays", which is shorter, but also (more) complete, more fleshed out (if you'll pardon the pun), gives Keima several levels in badassery and a power that makes the title makes sense, to boot (though I'll have to warn that it may constitute Squick in some people).

Other authors of interest:
3. ItsComplicatedOkay, whose story The Crossover Only God Knows I remember thinking was well-written and had massive potential.
4. Bowpurity, whose fic Random Signs went in an interesting "read-my-life-in-manga-form" direction.
5. Owl Knight, whose crossovers with Medaka Box, while unlikely, presents the best of Shiori and MB character Kumagawa. I recommend Inside a Library for its tranquil but beautiful coexistence - as the summary says, "The books do the speaking".
6. Already recommended, but Wrathie Winsre, for whom I'm actually betaing The World Only the Girls Know: A Moonflower's Wish. She's the one for you if wanted all the girls' attempts to come to terms with their relationship to Keima.

Stories of interest:
1. Bubble Wrap, 1000 Pcs - a collection of chapters (only two, unfortunately) with 1000 words each narrating from Tenri's POV with her interactions with Keima.
2. The Lives we Lead - an interesting look at what the scars of repeatedly building relationships and then losing them for years can do to Keima.
3. Behind the Revolution - a conspiracy from New Hell (haven't read fully though, so I can't give an accurate synopsis).
4. A Day in the Life of Shiomiya Shiori - What It Says On the Tin, dealing with Shiori's struggle to speak nicely.
5. Ace of Hearts - a character analysis of Keima, of which not many are there. (I didn't find this as interesting as the others, but I did think it was worth noting.)
6. The World The King Only Knows - technically a Code Geass fanfiction with TWGOK elements, but done so humourously you'll want to read it all the same.

Dang it, there used to be a really good one that was similar to what MrTerrorist wanted (just the 'epilogue" part, skipping the pursuit itself), but I fear it might've been deleted...

And finally, some of my own works:
1. The Line Before Malice is a unique one in that it's probably the only story to feature Kodama. I went in with the concept "What made Kodama the unpleasant guy he is today?" and ultimately, the result...wasn't pretty.

2. Strands of Fate is my current project, and my proudest out of the TWGOK fics. It's a series of loosely associated one-shots featuring each girl, in a "What if Keima never met them?" situation, with an overarching plot above it all. The main theme was supposed to be about how the girls deal with their crisis on their own, and while some manage to triumph over them - some don't.

3. The Fatal Flaw of God is my most comprehensive TWGOK fic, though also my earliest (and is the recipient of several personal "What-the-heck-was-I-thinking" moments). It features Keima, Haqua and the goddesses as they travel back in the past to the war in Hell 300 years ago. When it's completed, this will be the stuff of legends...but right now it's just a miserably small pile in my mental "To-Do" box.

So...thoughts?
Old 2013-09-18, 12:52   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

It was bound to happen.

TWGOK: Yuri Stories
Old 2013-10-30, 23:21   Link #14
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Fleshy Cosplay got updated!

http://fanfiction.net/s/9278562/5/Fleshy-Cosplays
Old 2013-11-20, 09:19   Link #15
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Please tell what you're good at in Art: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=123033
Old 2013-11-28, 09:50   Link #16
z3dummyb0t00

Currently, I have two ideas for a fanfic, and I'm currently living a world of fear that someone may have already taken this idea.
I have to agree with Fireminer that the TWGOK fanfic fanbase is too dang low. Man, I love this series! I've become so addicted to it ever since I watched S1 EP1 and read the manga!
Oh, in case you see fanfictions with an idea something like the ones I'm presenting under a username starting with a "P" and ending with an "n", that's guy didn't steal it from me.
All because he is me. The name I'm using is just my lurker pseudonym. XD
I do have a published fanfic on FF, but I'm still not too confident on it, so go find it if you're interested. It's made within this year to delimit your search. Writing under username (N...) while my true username is (P------_------), though the true username doesn't have its own FF acc. I share the acc because it's my group's acc. XD
Now for the ideas...
1. What if Shiori didn't suck at writing? At that, what if she was the one who wrote TWGOK? Or at least something close to it? Reason for that is because of Keima: a random stranger appearing out of nowhere in her life helping her with her problems and stuff and not asking anything for return, something like that. Here she decides to write about Keima's daily life as to why he's helping total strangers, completely guessing about everything, using her imagination and all...
2. What if Haqua became the initial buddy of Keima? After all, the best conqueror of girls should be teaming up with the best of the best that New Hell has to offer. Elsie could be sitting behind a desk with a computer on, directing Haqua to do things, like in those stereotype covert ops part of action movies... Or probably, she'd still be cleaning New Hell's high school, completely taking her out of the fanfic.

XD
Thoughts?
In case anyone thought of these beforehand, I'd want to joint write with you. XD
Old 2013-11-28, 09:57   Link #17
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, the second idea was already made by a guy name Merlin. A good one, indeed.

But the first one, it's good! Although I'm having another similar: Shiori writes a complete AU story of TWOGK. A Medieval story with centered around her and Keima. The other girls are the another Shiori's friends. Then everyone, even Keima started gathering and read the book while reflecting their real life on it.
Old 2013-11-28, 10:20   Link #18
z3dummyb0t00

Oh, to add, has anyone mustered up the courage to do a Kanon yandere fanfic? XD XD XD
Old 2013-11-28, 10:38   Link #19
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Maybe after I finish mx Infinite Stratos one-shot. That or a fever Keima.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:35   Link #20
z3dummyb0t00

A fever Keima? Mind explaining that? XD Didn't understand it a bit.
Well, since yours is Medieval, mine'd be close to TWGOK. Shiori would somehow use her imagination and think he's forced to do something crazy as make someone fall in love with him, in this case herself. She'd get some facts of the canon right, and some would be downright imagination. Sounds good? XD
Closed Thread

Tags
fan ideas, fanfiction.net, fanon, harem.fanfictions