AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 38.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 13:06   Link #121
New/Old
Old to the New

Heh heh. Wait until the sub release. This thread is going to be in for some more discussion. Heh heh.
Old 2007-05-20, 15:20   Link #122
Icerack

Quote:
where did you get this from? at present time aono is a 200 year old yaka so yea she wouldnt be related to yorito but in the past who says that she isnt his blood related sister? (reincarnation or recreation the yorito now is surely being manipulated by aono in some way or another)
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-20, 18:00   Link #123
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Woah, woah. Last Boss? When did sola become a Shounen series? Continuing on this light-hearted track, these revelations about Aono makes me wonder how the heck will Yorito "score" with Aono in the game. Especially if some of the theories about her being an unhinged murderess is true.

Would the protagonist's internal thoughts go something like this?

"Hmm... nee-san will break my ankles if I choose to go out with Mana tonight. Should I-

a) Sneak out of the house.
b) Keep nee-san company.
c) Knock nee-san out with medication."
~~~~ ~~~~

Are there going to be "Bad Ends" like the infamous "School Days" game? Given that Aono has the second-biggest prominence after Matsuri in the promotional material, I am fairly confident that there is actually an Aono-route in the upcoming game. So how the heck will that play out?

At this point, there is very little material for a turning point in Aono's redemption (without resorting to self-sacrifice). I can sympathise with Aono, and I feel that it is okay to do so. I will only be worried if a person empathises with Aono.

I am just at a loss on how Aono can have a genuinely happy ending at this point (without resorting to plot handwaving).

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-20, 18:48   Link #124
Nemesis2124

One thing I'm still wondering about is what exactly the favor was that Matsuri asked of Aono in the previous episode. As far as I can tell, it didn't come into play in 7 either. Then there's also the elusive gift Matsuri gave to Koyori in episode 5. Obviously, these are rhetorical at the moment, but I'm wondering if anyone has any good speculation.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:46   Link #125
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis2124 View Post
One thing I'm still wondering about is what exactly the favor was that Matsuri asked of Aono in the previous episode. As far as I can tell, it didn't come into play in 7 either. Then there's also the elusive gift Matsuri gave to Koyori in episode 5. Obviously, these are rhetorical at the moment, but I'm wondering if anyone has any good speculation.
I think someone else mentioned that earlier in this thread, that Matsuri promised Aono that she'd stay away from Yorito. Now, it's making me wonder why she promised Aono that, especially what Matsuri and Yorito did at the end of Ep.6. I would have assumed she would have wanted to stay with Yorito no matter what if Matsuri considered her feelings for him. But, I'm assuming she's thinking about Aono instead and putting others before her own feelings.

As for the gift, I still have no clue what it is. And, I bet Koyori lost it. XD
Old 2007-05-20, 20:53   Link #126
Nemesis2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
I think someone else mentioned that earlier in this thread, that Matsuri promised Aono that she'd stay away from Yorito. Now, it's making me wonder why she promised Aono that, especially what Matsuri and Yorito did at the end of Ep.6. I would have assumed she would have wanted to stay with Yorito no matter what if Matsuri considered her feelings for him. But, I'm assuming she's thinking about Aono instead and putting others before her own feelings.

As for the gift, I still have no clue what it is. And, I bet Koyori lost it. XD
Spoiler for ep7:
Old 2007-05-20, 22:12   Link #127
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Spoiler for ep7:
Spoiler:

I still think it's incest. She was a little too firm in verifying the relationship in ep. 6 to Matsuri. Matsuri has gotten relationships wrong before (Yorito and Mana for instance). Aono also has no reason to lie to Matsuri imo. So with incest, both observations are valid. Aono's report that Yorito is her brother and Matsuri's insinuation of the other relationship.

Last edited by orion; 2007-05-20 at 22:23.
Old 2007-05-21, 00:00   Link #128
StillDaggerX
Still Dagger Ex

Spoiler for About the last bit:

Last edited by StillDaggerX; 2008-11-30 at 13:45.
Old 2007-05-21, 00:20   Link #129
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Matsuri made the promise to leave when they were sitting in the tram car. So the favor she asked for in the kitchen was probably permission to go on that last "date".

I haven't seen anything to indicate the gift to Koyori was anything special. Just a way to prevent her from seeing Aono's shocked reaction.
Old 2007-05-21, 00:49   Link #130
Nemesis2124

@orion

That makes sense I guess, but I suppose I'll sit on the fence for now. Either way is logically sound.

@Telliamed

Thanks, now I can stop suspecting various plot twists. ^^;
Old 2007-05-21, 01:15   Link #131
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

When Aono kicked Yorito, I was getting flashbacks of watching Rozen maiden when Shinku kicks Jun for embarassing her.

Am I the only Aono fan left?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:45   Link #132
Icerack

Quote:
Matsuri made the promise to leave when they were sitting in the tram car. So the favor she asked for in the kitchen was probably permission to go on that last "date".
Nice thinking. I would've thought that the favor was either for Aono to tell Yorito that she's never coming back or to forget about her.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:48   Link #133
Nemesis2124

@blitz1/2

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Aono, but I certainly don't dislike the character either. I rather like her position in the story, and I'm rather interested in where her development will go from here.

EDIT: Giving this one a 9. I love the beginning and end segments, but I'm not so wild about the Aono outing. It wasn't bad, just noticeably more dull than any given Matsuri segment. ^^;

And on another note, the episode 8 title gives me a good feeling. I'll be fully expecting some heavy duty fluff between the lead characters. =)

Last edited by Nemesis2124; 2007-05-21 at 02:06.
Old 2007-05-21, 03:26   Link #134
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post

Like Skane said, I don't think there are "bosses" in erogames. Maybe Tsukihime? But I'm in the middle of playing that, so no spoilers please.

And I'm really thinking I need to find a copy of School Days. Is it wrong for me to want to play a game for the bad endings? (I keep killing myself in the aforementioned game because Ciel-sensei is ~so~ cute.)
Well if your playing one of the Eroge RPGs such as Rance or Utawarerumono there are bosses.

So there's a game in the works? That's.....Ass Backwards, since when does the anime come before the Visual Novel Game.
Old 2007-05-21, 03:36   Link #135
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
So there's a game in the works? That's.....Ass Backwards, since when does the anime come before the Renai (assuming it lacks H Content because it's a PS2 game) Game.
Isn't that a good thing ? I think it is one of the series strengths - they don't have to worry over crap like "integrating story paths" and anything of the sort to make sure none of the characters get shafted in terms of importance/screentime etc, without evoking the hate of game fans.

If they want, they can reduce a character to support role (Mana), and there won't be any one crying blood over it.
Old 2007-05-21, 04:11   Link #136
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Isn't that a good thing ? I think it is one of the series strengths - they don't have to worry over crap like "integrating story paths" and anything of the sort to make sure none of the characters get shafted in terms of importance/screentime etc, without evoking the hate of game fans.

If they want, they can reduce a character to support role (Mana), and there won't be any one crying blood over it.
They should do this more often. It honestly works better this way than the reverse. Whoever, came up with this idea deserves some credit (not sure if this is the first time somebody has tried something like this actually).

They've given themselves more room for flexibility by both eliminating the threat of fan backlash and giving themselves an easier time with the future adaptation (Converting the scenario to a game seems much easier). Two Birds, One Stone, One Simple Solution to a problem that has plagued this genre for so long.
Old 2007-05-21, 05:36   Link #137
Jaden

Ooh that was quite the jaw dropper at the end of the episode. This was the best one yet, I think...
Old 2007-05-21, 06:41   Link #138
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This last scene left me breathless. That was so cruel.

Yet I can't bring myself into disliking Aono, even as one who likes Matsuri a damn lot, I want to know her reasons and her motivations.
Old 2007-05-21, 06:44   Link #139
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Well if your playing one of the Eroge RPGs such as Rance or Utawarerumono there are bosses.

So there's a game in the works? That's.....Ass Backwards, since when does the anime come before the Visual Novel Game.

I agree with what everyone else says. It also cuts down on fan debates about whose path is the "true" path and whose path got shafted and how this scene was done in the game better and how the game is much better than the anime.... blah blah blah....
Old 2007-05-21, 06:46   Link #140
PastPrime

I wonder how long it will be before Mana puts everything she knows together and realizes that Aono and Mayuko are Yaka too. Also, I wonder if there are any male Yaka or if only females can become Yaka.
Closed Thread