AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-11, 14:20   Link #61
loltan

I just hope the voices will be done the way they were done in the PC version. I haven't played the PS2 version but I do think that at the very least picking Kugimiya for Hime-chan was a good choice, and I think Hirano could pull off Minato as long as she's using her Chiko voice, but I'm not too sure about anyone else. Could someone who played the PS2 game and the PC game give me a review of the voices? If not, could anyone give me a voice sample of girls with their PS2 voices?
loltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-11, 15:06   Link #62
Nitast

You can find small voice samples from the PS2 version here: http://www.goodnavigate.com/GN/produ...o/chr_01.html# Just replace 01 with 02-07 for the others. I've only played the PC version so I only have a small impression from these, but it doesn't seem too bad.
Nitast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 04:09   Link #63
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
I just hope the voices will be done the way they were done in the PC version. I haven't played the PS2 version but I do think that at the very least picking Kugimiya for Hime-chan was a good choice, and I think Hirano could pull off Minato as long as she's using her Chiko voice, but I'm not too sure about anyone else. Could someone who played the PS2 game and the PC game give me a review of the voices? If not, could anyone give me a voice sample of girls with their PS2 voices?
The voices on the PS2 are done very well imo, regardless of comparison to the PC game. I fell in love with Mitsuki after I finished Yuuhi's route, her VA does her genki character soooooo well. (Yuuhi is still my #1 though ) And yes, I figured out the trick to getting onto each of the heroines' routes.

By the way, your Yui sig pic is way too big. http://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php?...#faq_rules_3_1 As much as I love Yui too, you better hack that down before a mod catches you.
Old 2008-09-12, 10:50   Link #64
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

now the question is....how can I play the PS2 version on my PC >_<
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 02:14   Link #65
Siegel Clyne

Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka: "Mitsuki" and "Sugishita" Host New TV Series

TV Tokyo's AT-X (Anime Theater-X) anime satellite television channel announced earlier this week that the MCs/hosts for the new TV series Club AT-X Daburu A~ru debuting on AT-X next month (October 2008) are Koyama Rikiya and Tanaka Rie.

Because Koyama Rikiya and Tanaka Rie voice Sugishita Seijirou and Shiina Mitsuki, respectively, in the Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka PS2 game and upcoming TV anime series, I thought for just for a moment that Club AT-X Daburu A~ru was about this particular anime series. Instead, it seems to be about anime and seiyuu (voice actors) in general.

Club AT-X Daburu A~ru replaces Club AT-X Gakuen, hosted by seiyuu MCs Kishio Daisuke and Inamura Yuuna.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-09-13 at 07:39.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 02:16   Link #66
DanielSong39

I just hope we either get a wedding or an epic meltdown - I've seen too many shows where the result is somewhere in between, and it annoys me.

Considering this show is about an arranged marriage it at least promises a more concrete ending; it should (theoretically) remove love triangles from the equation and focus more on the pair's efforts to develop a relationship. We shall see.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 03:46   Link #67
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, isn't it the other way around? Stories revolving around arranged marriage almost always equates to love triangles ever since Ranma 1/2, even with more recent titles like Ai Yori Aoshi, Gankutsuou, and Final Approach. I'm pretty sure this series would not be the exception to the rule.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 12:21   Link #68
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, as I mentioned I would probably do, I split off the game discussion into its own thread. We can all continue to discuss the game in there.

This was to prevent things from getting too off-topic or spoiler ridden, however the secondary reason is that I finally received the recent issue of Dengeki G's and it seems to confirm that the anime will have an anime original story focused on the same main two heroines from the game (Yuuhi and Minato). So, even though the game probably can't be considered spoiler material anymore, it's now even more clearly a separate topic. So if you'd like to discuss the game, please go to the game thread. For this thread, it'd probably be a good thing for all the game players to go in expecting something totally different -- at least we know in advance not to expect it to line up.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 15:37   Link #69
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This was to prevent things from getting too off-topic or spoiler ridden, however the secondary reason is that I finally received the recent issue of Dengeki G's and it seems to confirm that the anime will have an anime original story focused on the same main two heroines from the game (Yuuhi and Minato). So, even though the game probably can't be considered spoiler material anymore, it's now even more clearly a separate topic. So if you'd like to discuss the game, please go to the game thread. For this thread, it'd probably be a good thing for all the game players to go in expecting something totally different -- at least we know in advance not to expect it to line up.
That actually sounds pretty refreshing for me, since it could mean that
Spoiler for Yuuhi's PS2 Route:

And relentlessflame, the spoiler there is actually relevant to the anime discussion lol, since I'm discussing where this show could possibly be going with plot for those who wish to know/talk about it.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2008-09-15 at 15:58.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 16:07   Link #70
DanielSong39

Minato is supposed to be Jun'ichi's younger sister; don't tell me we're in for more incest...
Old 2008-09-15, 19:34   Link #71
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Minato is supposed to be Jun'ichi's younger sister; don't tell me we're in for more incest...
Well, if you pick the right choices in the game they do become a official couple but, I don't think the anime will go that far.
Old 2008-09-16, 06:30   Link #72
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

and why not? I like the minato better than yuuhi especially when she let her hair down
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 10:01   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wow... pretty large cast of characters.

Okay, based on some comments here - its on my probationary "check it out" list.
I guess its traditional that I watch at least one of these adaptations a season.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-09-16 at 10:12.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 16:24   Link #74
DanielSong39

Saw the OP...

Surprised by the sheer number of girls in the cast. Why is it necessary to have 6-7 girls in a story about an arranged marriage? It pretty much sunk Ai Yori Aoshi and I hope it won't sink this one. (Ranma 1/2 is somewhat different, since the engagement is more or less treated as a running gag)

Still holding out hopes for a train wreck, so I haven't given up on this one quite yet. And who knows, perhaps the writers will pull a Magikano - one of the rare series where it's the imouto-chan who does a number on the lead girl. Yuuhi may be the eventual victor - but hoping that Minato makes sure that Yuuhi is good enough for her oni-chan!
Old 2008-09-16, 16:54   Link #75
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
and why not? I like the minato better than yuuhi especially when she let her hair down
Must agree with you but, Yuuhi is the main heroine and most of the time, when an eroge is animated the main heroine ends up with the male lead.

I can just hope they don't turn Minato into a b*tch because of jealousy >_>
Old 2008-09-16, 17:23   Link #76
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Why is it necessary to have 6-7 girls in a story about an arranged marriage? It pretty much sunk Ai Yori Aoshi and I hope it won't sink this one. (Ranma 1/2 is somewhat different, since the engagement is more or less treated as a running gag)
Look at it this way. The basic premise of almost every tsundere romance is that you have to force the tsundere and the protagonist to spend time with each other, whether she likes it or not (because her natural instinct is to want to kill the guy, at least initially). Only through time spent together can he win her over with kindness. So, the arranged marriage in this story is the catalyst, not the subject. It's not a "story about an arranged marriage". Plus, the moniker of the anime adaptation is "9 parts comedy, 1 part romance", so that makes it all the more pronounced.

Better to go into this with eyes wide open than to keep acting like it should be something it was never trying to be, even in its original form.

Quote:
<...>

And they've already made it clear that the anime would focus on both Yuuhi and Minato, so... (Not even going to get into the whole "incest" thing again -- you already know better by now.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 17:52   Link #77
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Saw the OP...

Surprised by the sheer number of girls in the cast. Why is it necessary to have 6-7 girls in a story about an arranged marriage? It pretty much sunk Ai Yori Aoshi and I hope it won't sink this one. (Ranma 1/2 is somewhat different, since the engagement is more or less treated as a running gag)

Still holding out hopes for a train wreck, so I haven't given up on this one quite yet. And who knows, perhaps the writers will pull a Magikano - one of the rare series where it's the imouto-chan who does a number on the lead girl. Yuuhi may be the eventual victor - but hoping that Minato makes sure that Yuuhi is good enough for her oni-chan!
Well the simple fact that you're using the word "trainwreck" half a month before the series even starts tells me you're trying too hard to expect this series to be bad. People throw that word around like meatballs at a foodfight these days, just like how every character in an action series without fighting capabilities is automatically labeled a "wimp" regardless of their personality, which is what actually defines whether they're a wimp or not.

Besides which, it's rather arguable that Ai Yori Aoshi was as bad as you claim, but that's a story for a different thread.

Anyways, as relentlessflame said, the arranged marriage is only the catalyst for series-es like this. And since this anime is based on an eroge/dating sim, of course it's going to have multiple female characters. I don't understand how you could expect something else. The very definition of the base material calls for this type of cast setup. If they hacked the female characters out of the cast, or any character(s) for that matter, it would lose the feel of the original, regardless of if it's a new plot or story. When they say "adaptation," we expect something that sticks to the feel of the original, not Suzumiya Haruhi transforming into Gundam drama or some nonsense like that.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2008-09-16 at 18:04.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 01:18   Link #78
SquirrelFarm

Awesome. Another trap character[If I heard correctly anyways] I can look forward to watching~
SquirrelFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 07:57   Link #79
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelFarm View Post
Awesome. Another trap character[If I heard correctly anyways] I can look forward to watching~
Actually, there's no trap, IIRC.

(Don't quote me here, I've only played the PC version).
Old 2008-09-17, 09:58   Link #80
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Actually, there's no trap, IIRC.

(Don't quote me here, I've only played the PC version).
Nope, no trap.

Tags
comedy, eroge, harem, romance, seinen