AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-08, 12:18   Link #1161
tsunade666

10032? level 3? all sisters are level 2 but with the help of the network they are level up to 3. So the previews one can still do it. And microwave? electromagnetic waves? if it's coming nearer to accelerator then theirs got to be a vector which leading to him. Be it radiation or what ever is useless against him. And the guy can move extremely fast. Way faster than mikoto. Unless mikoto can do the same thing as killua which is impossible. She can't out run the guy in a chase.

As for the sisters going through the alley way. It's not that they had panicked but that's the preset path for them. Remember shinobu scattering those bank account booklets in the alleyway. Because if their are people in their then the experiment wouldn't be held their. That's all their is too it. It's all been planned out. The sisters are alone their waiting in a sacrificial pit waiting to be devoured. Their only choice is to retaliate which is also ordered to them. And the imouto sniping accelerator thinking it would it. The scientist already guess knows that his reflection is 24/7. They are the one who develops it. They are just making accelerator experience difference scenario in each battle.
Old 2010-08-08, 15:43   Link #1162
Pyromania

I was just using frying people with microwaves an example of something Mikoto just wouldn't DO, since it is pretty horrifying and violates her heroine status. Obviously it wouldn't work on Accelerator.

And Accelerator certainly has methods of handling any form of attack when he knows he is being attacked. The problem with oxygen deprivation/ozone poisoning is that by the time your realize you are under attack you are already done for. This is very much a case of "The best defense is a good offense", even for Accelerator.

Which is fine for the #1 because Accelerator, for all that auto-reflect is awesome, brings a whole new level of horror to offense strategy. All those things that Mikoto would refrain from, he embraces.
Old 2010-08-08, 18:59   Link #1163
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Bottomline, Misaka can defeat Accelerator, but she wouldn't. Same reason why she handed Banri to Kiyama in the first place, and then decided to go chase her down. After all, she's still a little 14-year-old operating from her level 5 ivory tower; it would take a longer while before she learns that the world works otherwise.
Old 2010-08-08, 19:13   Link #1164
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Bottomline, Misaka can defeat Accelerator, but she wouldn't.
Honestly, no, I really think she can't. There are other characters who are stronger than her, that she could possibly defeat in battle. Accelerator simply isn't one of those. I've mentioned it before, but even ignoring the difference in their power, almost all electromagnetic interactions are governed by vectors. It's a very bad match up in terms of the nature of their abilities. Even if he were slightly weaker than her but had the same powers, she would have a really hard time winning.
Old 2010-08-08, 20:25   Link #1165
giorno

There are some problems to the ozone strategy:

1) it needs the right wind conditions

2) misaka would likely be breathing it as well

3) unless it kills him instantly, accelerator can go "lol redirection" and make this strategy useless. Or change the wind conditions. Or get away. Or attack. Or get away and attack.

4) Accelerator should have already "uploaded" this strategy in his redirection, meaning it won't work on him anymore

5) the current accelerator could probably filter ozone from oxygen automatically, at least in awakened mode...
Old 2010-08-08, 20:35   Link #1166
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Misaka can defeat Accelerator
No. Anything Mikoto can do, Accelerator can do better and faster (not necessarily more efficiently). She can't even do anything that will make contact with and harm him anyway. And are you seriously expecting Accelerator to just passively stand there?

On the SISTERS, they're called experiments for a reason. The scenarios are all planned by the scientists. They give the SISTERS instructions on where to hold the experiments and which attacks they make. Of course they would expect them to get defeated, and the SISTERS never intended to win in the first place. Like this, they are like scripted NPCs, further enhancing the RPG grinding analogue.
Old 2010-08-08, 21:50   Link #1167
tsunade666

well arguing about either misaka can defeat accelerator or not is pointless if you ask me because they would never fight. Accelerator is traumatize due to the experiment and afraid for his life to hurt the sisters or the original.

and even if they fight and even if misaka really intended to kill accelerator. It would be just one sided fight. I would stop here. It's pointless for me to go further if people believe misaka can beat the strongest esper then they can believe. If your just thinking of the stats alone it's 100% sure win and even if you say misaka can use tactics. Do you think accelerator can't? he can even manipulate your fear on him using psychological attacks....... one sided fight.

The only way to win is by plot line power!!!! and again accelerator wouldn't dare to get near or fight the original.
Old 2010-08-09, 15:49   Link #1168
tsunade666

OMG double me!!!!

btw some anon translate and scan chapter 33. I found it in the torrents lying their waiting me to download it.
Old 2010-08-09, 15:56   Link #1169
Phibrizzo
Honos628

So what you waiting for share it :P? pm
Old 2010-08-09, 17:49   Link #1170
Pyromania

This arc likes to make a point of inflicting agony on the Sisters and Mikoto, that's for sure. Points to biri-biri for faking a cheerful attitude, though. Girl knows how to act.

So it would seem that the Sister Touma and Mikoto interacted with (at least in the first instance) was 10031. Not sure if the one with the cat was 10031 or 32.

That whole spiel with the "pain in my chest" was just incredibly sad. Made even sadder by the fact that you KNOW that she never has her errant assumption corrected.

When Mikoto finds out what happens to her... well, I guess she'll finally break.
Old 2010-08-09, 17:54   Link #1171
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
No. Anything Mikoto can do, Accelerator can do better and faster (not necessarily more efficiently). She can't even do anything that will make contact with and harm him anyway. And are you seriously expecting Accelerator to just passively stand there?

On the SISTERS, they're called experiments for a reason. The scenarios are all planned by the scientists. They give the SISTERS instructions on where to hold the experiments and which attacks they make. Of course they would expect them to get defeated, and the SISTERS never intended to win in the first place. Like this, they are like scripted NPCs, further enhancing the RPG grinding analogue.
An experiment implies that there is a hypothesis that needs to be tested. Accelerator winning and attaining level 6 is not a certainty; they're testing it with this experiment. The Sisters are to test Accelerator in different combat situations. In combat, they are expected to fight to win. Obviously the Sisters wouldn't win, but they're not designed to lose on purpose either.

The general implied idea behind the experiment is to let Accelerator grind some combat experience. Naturally it would be best if he fought some tougher opponents to push him to his limits and grow stronger like he is now in the Index novels, but the scientists didn't have access to a stronger group of fighters. That's why they allowed Accelerator to fight 20,000 Sisters. The Sisters can be mass-produced, and even though they're too weak to be a real challenge, he should get at least a little amount of experience from each one. With such a slow gradual growth, the high number of battles should still make up for it. Also, the Misaka Sisters are connected through their mental Network, so each successive Sister should theoretically learn from her predecessor's mistakes and try something different.

What I question is whether any of the Sisters tried anything new before 10032. The way everything played out in Index, you would wonder whether 10032 was just slightly more inspired to win because of Touma, or if she really learned from the other 10031 Sisters who were killed.
Old 2010-08-09, 18:29   Link #1172
Pyromania

9982 also tried something new, in the form of detonating a mine UNDERNEATH accelerator. She thought that if he was walking he wasn't 'reflecting' beneath his feet and would be vulnerable there.

She was dead wrong, of course.
Old 2010-08-09, 21:41   Link #1173
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
An experiment implies that there is a hypothesis that needs to be tested. Accelerator winning and attaining level 6 is not a certainty; they're testing it with this experiment. The Sisters are to test Accelerator in different combat situations. In combat, they are expected to fight to win. Obviously the Sisters wouldn't win, but they're not designed to lose on purpose either.

The general implied idea behind the experiment is to let Accelerator grind some combat experience. Naturally it would be best if he fought some tougher opponents to push him to his limits and grow stronger like he is now in the Index novels, but the scientists didn't have access to a stronger group of fighters. That's why they allowed Accelerator to fight 20,000 Sisters. The Sisters can be mass-produced, and even though they're too weak to be a real challenge, he should get at least a little amount of experience from each one. With such a slow gradual growth, the high number of battles should still make up for it. Also, the Misaka Sisters are connected through their mental Network, so each successive Sister should theoretically learn from her predecessor's mistakes and try something different.

What I question is whether any of the Sisters tried anything new before 10032. The way everything played out in Index, you would wonder whether 10032 was just slightly more inspired to win because of Touma, or if she really learned from the other 10031 Sisters who were killed.
I think it's a bit of both. You don't get killed 10031 times without learning at least a little about your opponent, and it's reasonable to assume that she was inspired to fight a little harder because of meeting Touma, although I don't recall her ever giving any indication of that being why she was able to keep up with Accelerator a little better. Although judging from Accel's reaction you would think every clone up until 10032 tried the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
I don't think you can publicly post links to scans anymore since Railgun has been licensed.
Old 2010-08-09, 21:49   Link #1174
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe he should use spoiler tags at least.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:49   Link #1175
BlueDo

Oh, I totally forgot about that.
Link removed, then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
2) misaka would likely be breathing it as well

3) unless it kills him instantly, accelerator can go "lol redirection" and make this strategy useless. Or change the wind conditions. Or get away. Or attack. Or get away and attack.

4) Accelerator should have already "uploaded" this strategy in his redirection, meaning it won't work on him anymore

5) the current accelerator could probably filter ozone from oxygen automatically, at least in awakened mode...
Maybe there's a lol eletric field around her that doesn't make her breathe in the ozone.
And I'm sure that ozone is very lethal.
Accelerator didn't breathe in ozone, he was suffocating because the air was oxygenless
So yeah, the strategy would still work.
Old 2010-08-10, 13:29   Link #1176
Ashaman

And you think Accel would just let that happen?

Even if she instantly transformed all the oxygen, do you think Accel will just stay still and allow himself to suffocate? It wouldn't be an instant kill.

Vector Change can move the winds to blow Ozone away.

In theory it is an effective statergy, but as soon as Accel deploys counter measures (and he would) it would fall apart.

I think that an old saying applies here: 'No battle plan suvives first contact with the enemy'
Old 2010-08-10, 14:18   Link #1177
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
And you think Accel would just let that happen?

Even if she instantly transformed all the oxygen, do you think Accel will just stay still and allow himself to suffocate? It wouldn't be an instant kill.

Vector Change can move the winds to blow Ozone away.

In theory it is an effective statergy, but as soon as Accel deploys counter measures (and he would) it would fall apart.

I think that an old saying applies here: 'No battle plan suvives first contact with the enemy'
Also do you think Accelerator just can't revert to process? He can manipulate electrowaves reverting the ozono plan should be more easy to do.
Old 2010-08-10, 14:56   Link #1178
tsunade666

This debate about accelerator vs mikoto would never die? ne? .....

It's tiresome... well I would just ask question.

Will you die immediately after losing oxygen in the atmosphere?

Who is faster mikoto or accelerator?

If you know the answer then it's settled.

it's a thread for the railgun manga and it's a good thing the mods are rarely seen here. We should just think on what would mikoto do now that the tree diagram is destroyed. What would she react and what would she do. theirs still a day before Touma's big fight if I remember it right. And mikoto hadn't fought
Spoiler:
yet. which she should meet in this arc.
Old 2010-08-10, 15:18   Link #1179
Ashaman

Oooh, I've only just learned that 'that person' fought Misaka prior to, well, her official introduction.

Btw, if I remember correctly, its a few hours only between now, when she finds Tree Diagram gone, and when Touma fights.

It can't be more than 5 or 6 hours between the two.
Old 2010-08-10, 15:42   Link #1180
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Oooh, I've only just learned that 'that person' fought Misaka prior to, well, her official introduction.

Btw, if I remember correctly, its a few hours only between now, when she finds Tree Diagram gone, and when Touma fights.

It can't be more than 5 or 6 hours between the two.
Less than that I think, since when Touma and 10031 were taking care of the cat it was already sun down. More like one or two hours.

Tags
fantasy, shounen