AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-11-14, 20:23   Link #821
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think there's a part of Kyousuke that still finds an appeal in the simple life, and he certainly cares for Manami after knowing her for so long. He doesn't want anyone to hurt her. He probably reasons in some ways that a steady life with her wouldn't be so bad.
I think the college conversation is sort of a form of procrastination -- if he gets that far and his life plans haven't changed, then he can consider settling down. I don't think it has anything to do with wanting to wait for Manami at all. I think there's a difference between being in love with someone and coming to the realization that you could "come to love" someone. Manami's not without her appeal, but there's a lot more than her in his life right now, and he's not ready to commit.
Manami probably represents the "ideal Japanese marriage", where you marry just to form a stable household. The husband provides the income and the wife keeps the home. They don't even necessarily have to love each other (I've heard stories where husbands retire and stay at home all day, driving their wives crazy. I've also heard of a case where the husband died relatively soon after retiring, and the wife happily went traveling around the world...), it's just a matter of convenience.

This kind of marriage might be getting a bit dated with the new generation - I certainly wouldn't want Kyosuke to go for that kind of thing, so if he doesn't actually love Manami (it's hard to tell, IMHO) then it'd be better if he doesn't stay in this status quo.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 21:46   Link #822
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Here here!! Completely agree - I've never liked the ones that stay tsun forever! Seriously, Kirino may be unbelievable, but Kyousuke's even more so, since he hasn't snapped and just slapped her by now....

It just gets old over 7 volumes...
Oh well great and thanks there karice, it's not like I haven't read all the novels yet...oh wait *sarcasm* Just kidding, I mean I haven't read all the novels yet which is why I'm ignorant as to how long her tsun tsun has lasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
This philosophy only works to an extent in real life. There're some people out there who're the relationship equivalent of adrenaline junkies: they thrive on conflict and drama. Plus, the heart may want what it wants, but I think that human beings are capable of balancing that out with plain old common sense. I mean, take Charlie Sheen, for example. The dude's a shameless womanizer and has two highly-publicized abusive marriages in the past decade. Any woman that attempts to get seriously involved with him and expects a happy ending after this firm establishment of his pattern of behavior is a golddigger, a complete sucker for looks, has an unhealthy obsession with bad boys, or is a complete moron.
Well you're certainly right about that considering there are exceptions to pretty much everything, but it was just my subjective views that I just wanted to express about incest. I analyze the character's personalities first and then pass judgment on whether or not I want to apply that particular philosophy to the pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
Having come back from a fresh re-watching of Episode 6, I think that the one major difference in this episode from the previous five is quite telling. Episodes 1 to 5 mostly told the story from Kyousuke's point of view and make quite clear that he doesn't like advertising his true feelings when in the company of others. We only get insight into what he's really thinking when he's either alone and expressing his emotions out loud or through the inner monologues that only he (and the audience) are privy to. What's different is Episode 6 is that both of these narrative devices are absent and we're left trying to figure out what he really thinks of Manami based on his reactions and body language. We have zero insight as to his true feelings towards her. Given his protectiveness towards Manami, Kirino's jealousy towards her, and his classmates' reactions, and her grandparents' behavior, I think the true extent of his feelings are quite obvious to everyone but himself.

Plus, the nighttime dialogue between Manami and him at the end of this episode kind of confirms things if you read in between the lines. He just doesn't seem to see the point of rushing things based on the expectations of others and is willing to wait for Manami to figure out what she wants to do in her own good time.
Simply put, you're a Kyousuke x Manami shipper

Which I have no problem with mind you but I'm not ready to concede to it as "obvious." I believe we are still at square 1, just this time we have more information on the characters. Remember Kyousuke said that he would reject a girl confessing to him and then spoke about how relaxing in a home like he was doing at the moment was enough for him. We could interpret this in a couple of ways but because of that reason, I'm not ready to say that Kyousuke is romantically interested in any of the girls as of yet. Ambiguity at it's best

Quote:
Manami probably represents the "ideal Japanese marriage", where you marry just to form a stable household. The husband provides the income and the wife keeps the home. They don't even necessarily have to love each other (I've heard stories where husbands retire and stay at home all day, driving their wives crazy. I've also heard of a case where the husband died relatively soon after retiring, and the wife happily went traveling around the world...), it's just a matter of convenience.
The story of my grandmother, except her husband hasn't died yet Although they've been long separated. My grandmother married simply because she felt that she had to sooner or later, love was not a concern. This is certainly an "old school" train of thought.

Quote:
This kind of marriage might be getting a bit dated with the new generation - I certainly wouldn't want Kyosuke to go for that kind of thing, so if he doesn't actually love Manami (it's hard to tell, IMHO) then it'd be better if he doesn't stay in this status quo.
I completely agree with you here. It will mostly likely hurt Manami more over time if he remains stagnant in his relationship with her. We'll see how it develops but how many episodes is this series? 12?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2010-11-14 at 21:58.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:35   Link #823
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
Apologies m(_ _ )m...I'm of the opinion that Kirino will be tsun until the very end (since her verbal abuse of Kyousuke shows few signs of abating in the anime, and besides, where would the humour be if she wasn't so tsun?), and I suppose I assumed everyone thought the same way...but gomen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I completely agree with you here. It will mostly likely hurt Manami more over time if he remains stagnant in his relationship with her. We'll see how it develops but how many episodes is this series? 12?
ANN does say 12, so I guess it's that. Though given how popular it seems to be, I'd bet on a second season being announced by the time the next volume comes out...

From the Manami episode, I did think that they really suited each other quite well, not to mention all the blushing that Kyousuke did. Though if he decides to date anyone, I'm pretty certain there will be fireworks no matter who it is.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-11-14, 22:40   Link #824
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
ANN says they have 12 episode titles. They don't say the series is only 12 eps.
Old 2010-11-14, 23:23   Link #825
DeX-kun

Quote:
^
Apologies m(_ _ )m...I'm of the opinion that Kirino will be tsun until the very end (since her verbal abuse of Kyousuke shows few signs of abating in the anime, and besides, where would the humour be if she wasn't so tsun?), and I suppose I assumed everyone thought the same way...but gomen!

ANN does say 12, so I guess it's that. Though given how popular it seems to be, I'd bet on a second season being announced by the time the next volume comes out...
No need for apologies It's ok. Thanks for the info on the episode count though, much appreciated

Quote:
From the Manami episode, I did think that they really suited each other quite well, not to mention all the blushing that Kyousuke did. Though if he decides to date anyone, I'm pretty certain there will be fireworks no matter who it is.
I certainly agree with that, her moe-ness was just too much for Kyousuke this episode I can't wait to see how this develops in terms of Kirino as well

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-15, 12:27   Link #826
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
ANN says they have 12 episode titles. They don't say the series is only 12 eps.
It'll be one-cour anyway. We know that there will be 6 BD/DVD volumes in Japan and the first three are already solicited with 2 episodes each. It's possible that the last volume could have a bonus episode which would bring things up to 13, but it'll be somewhere in that area (12/13). As was said, that certainly doesn't preclude future seasons. (But your main point is correct that ANN is never a source to be trusted about episode counts for a show -- they just have placeholders for titles, which doesn't mean anything).
Old 2010-11-15, 12:40   Link #827
Undertaker

Yep, and with the pace they are on, there's no way this series become a 2-cour. As for second season, I can see it happening based on the reviews and reports I read in other Asian forums, but not until there are more source material and second breaking point. (ending?)
Old 2010-11-29, 15:15   Link #828
relentlessflame

*Administrator

A few production news bits and rumours.

First of all, the titles of the remaining TV episodes have been revealed. Please note that this could definitely be considered a spoiler to some.

Spoiler for Episode Titles for 10-12:
Also, a promotional piece from Gamers that has since been removed recently suggested that the anime's BD/DVD run would consist of 8 volumes, as opposed to the 6 announced so far to cover the TV airing's 12 episodes. Since it was removed, it may be false, but if confirmed this would suggest that the anime could have at least 2 additional bonus episodes, and possibly as many as 4. The title of Episode 12 may provide some hints as to possible directions they could go with this.

If you're familiar with the novels/manga and wish to speculate based on this information, please be sure to go to the appropriate thread. There is also a speculation thread for first-time viewers.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 12:13   Link #829
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Confirmation

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=274837
Old 2010-12-05, 15:39   Link #830
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Let me get this straight. So the TV broadcast will contain the Good End and the online will contain the True end. Honestly, if the online was a continuation of TV's episode 12 then I would have just thought that they needed more episodes to reach vol 5 which is where they wanted to end. (Exactly like Bake.) HOWEVER, since we have a good end and true end, this means that its very likely that we'll have an anime-original ending in the online. Man, the anime people is REALLY pushing for the wincest end.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 17:21   Link #831
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

No, considering that the online broadcast is the "True End", it's more likely that the TV broadcast will be the anime-original ending while the online broadcast sticks to the light novels. Anyway, it's better to discuss this in the threads RF provided.
Old 2010-12-06, 01:59   Link #832
TJR

It's an interesting spin on the Bakemonogatari strategy. Works in the context of the show too.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 02:10   Link #833
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
It's an interesting spin on the Bakemonogatari strategy. Works in the context of the show too.
I just hope they don't take the time between web episodes from it
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 03:25   Link #834
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
A few production news bits and rumours.

First of all, the titles of the remaining TV episodes have been revealed. Please note that this could definitely be considered a spoiler to some.

Spoiler for Episode Titles for 10-12:
Also, a promotional piece from Gamers that has since been removed recently suggested that the anime's BD/DVD run would consist of 8 volumes, as opposed to the 6 announced so far to cover the TV airing's 12 episodes. Since it was removed, it may be false, but if confirmed this would suggest that the anime could have at least 2 additional bonus episodes, and possibly as many as 4. The title of Episode 12 may provide some hints as to possible directions they could go with this.

If you're familiar with the novels/manga and wish to speculate based on this information, please be sure to go to the appropriate thread. There is also a speculation thread for first-time viewers.
Wait, so does this mean that there is less of a possibility for a season 2? That is, if the rumors end up being true.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-12-06, 03:31   Link #835
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Wait, so does this mean that there is less of a possibility for a season 2? That is, if the rumors end up being true.
That's true. If it had been a cliffhanger the chance of S2 would be visible but now.....the chances are rather grim. At least we don't have nearly enough material for a S2 for at least one or two years. See you guys again in 2012, oh but wait....the Mayan calendar...
Old 2010-12-06, 03:39   Link #836
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Changing the discussion into something short and simple: So what do you guys think are the odds of this series getting a U.S. release?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 03:50   Link #837
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Changing the discussion into something short and simple: So what do you guys think are the odds of this series getting a U.S. release?
Doesn't it already have one? Animenewsnetwork right?
Old 2010-12-06, 04:12   Link #838
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
That's true. If it had been a cliffhanger the chance of S2 would be visible but now.....the chances are rather grim. At least we don't have nearly enough material for a S2 for at least one or two years. See you guys again in 2012, oh but wait....the Mayan calendar...
It'll probably depend on how quickly Fushimi-sensei writes. He's averaging 4-5 months per volume at present, so we'll have enough for a second season of 1 cour by about August/September next year if he keeps it up.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-12-06, 04:28   Link #839
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Here are the profile pages from the first 2 novels:
They're a lot taller than they appear in the anime. ;p

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 08:25   Link #840
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Hmm, that's an interesting take. Make it seems that 2nd season is more unlikely if there's an anime original ending, although seeing how popular this thing is they may do it anyways with a short note at the beginning of season 2 - 'confused how it doesn't match with the one you saw on TV? Buy our DVDs! '. Just one thing though, are there any info yet as to when exactly will the net episodes air?

Tags
comedy, shounen