AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 13:40   Link #1521
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
There's always the option of Michael growing Zentradi size. Graham, a Zolan, made himself bigger. Unless there is some complication.

The problem with dating loli Klan is that cops first reaction would be Michael is a pedophile.
Apparently there was some genetic complication to macronizing Michael, at least I remember someone mentioning that here who has better access to Japanese source materials than I do. And, yeah, I realize how incredibly contrived it is that both Michael and Klan cannot take the opposite form, just in reverse order.
Old 2011-11-04, 14:19   Link #1522
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It would be funny if Michael looked like a Zentradi sized eleven year old to Klan's full sized hotness.
Old 2011-11-04, 14:23   Link #1523
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It would be funny if Michael looked like a Zentradi sized eleven year old to Klan's full sized hotness.
Thats actually a stable in a majority of doujin works by a variety of authors...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 06:32   Link #1524
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Apparently there was some genetic complication to macronizing Michael, at least I remember someone mentioning that here who has better access to Japanese source materials than I do. And, yeah, I realize how incredibly contrived it is that both Michael and Klan cannot take the opposite form, just in reverse order.
I *think* it was in the "Official Fan Book," in the section where Yoshino answers questions about Frontier...

I'll check tonight and get back to you on it.
Old 2011-11-05, 07:23   Link #1525
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I *think* it was in the "Official Fan Book," in the section where Yoshino answers questions about Frontier...

I'll check tonight and get back to you on it.
Thanks!
Old 2011-11-05, 08:11   Link #1526
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Thanks!
Nope, not there. Which means it was either in Macross Chronicle or 2059: Memories...both of which are packed up in my Mom's attic back home. Sorry.
Old 2011-11-05, 08:20   Link #1527
magnuskn

Quote:
Nope, not there. Which means it was either in Macross Chronicle or 2059: Memories...both of which are packed up in my Mom's attic back home. Sorry.
np, it will come to light sooner or later. If anybody still remembers that the question even came up.
Old 2011-11-05, 08:49   Link #1528
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

There is something in the fanbook, on page 80. Something about "Michel has Zolan blood. But just having the blood of (other races) doesn't mean that one can Zentradise. So you can assume that Michel can't Zentradise either."

But it doesn't actually credit this explanation to anyone...

Which is weird considering Max, IIRC? (I still haven't watched DYRL again - last time being about 10 years ago...)

The light novels touch on the various issues about why someone might not be able to Zentradise/micronise (e.g. after a few times going through the process, they get stuck in the Zentran size; or their blood/genetics are too 'weak' for it...or ST like that), but it's been a while, so I don't really remember...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 09:03   Link #1529
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
There is something in the fanbook, on page 80. Something about "Michel has Zolan blood. But just having the blood of (other races) doesn't mean that one can Zentradise. So you can assume that Michel can't Zentradise either."

But it doesn't actually credit this explanation to anyone...

Which is weird considering Max, IIRC? (I still haven't watched DYRL again - last time being about 10 years ago...)

The light novels touch on the various issues about why someone might not be able to Zentradise/micronise (e.g. after a few times going through the process, they get stuck in the Zentran size; or their blood/genetics are too 'weak' for it...or ST like that), but it's been a while, so I don't really remember...
The latter explanation is the one I was thinking of, but I can't remember where I found it.
Old 2011-11-10, 02:47   Link #1530
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Did they every attempt to explain which scale is considered "normal" in Macross? Human or Zentrati size? As that brings up issues with things like food supplies and other things like that. Obviously on Frontier they have both scales covered as you have produce and animals that are also Zentrati scale.

One wonders if the humans would be able to handle a concert of a Zentrati idol singer at full size?
Old 2011-11-10, 09:14   Link #1531
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Did they every attempt to explain which scale is considered "normal" in Macross? Human or Zentrati size? As that brings up issues with things like food supplies and other things like that. Obviously on Frontier they have both scales covered as you have produce and animals that are also Zentrati scale.

One wonders if the humans would be able to handle a concert of a Zentrati idol singer at full size?
Not very good, especially if a Meltrandi singer pulls off a Dion glass-breaker and cause some serious ear damage.

For some odd reason of not creating a uniform standard size/scale for character designs, the original SDFM Zentrans (the average grunts) were actually smaller than their Frontier equivalents, even if you put Kridanik side-by-side with Klang -- she'll be a smidgen taller than the old general (who is already a huge man for his time)!
Old 2011-11-10, 11:35   Link #1532
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithekro View Post
one wonders if the humans would be able to handle a concert of a zentrati idol singer at full size?
Do WANT!!!!
Old 2011-11-10, 11:49   Link #1533
Tak

Quote:
Do WANT!!!!
I wouldn't mind being in the valley of joy while that is going on.

Though I can't imagine them being idols. I can imagine them being divas in rock or heavy metal.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-11-10, 12:15   Link #1534
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Can they all be Klan?
Old 2011-11-10, 12:20   Link #1535
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Can they all be Klan?
I wouldn't mind one of the Jenius daughters.

- Tak

Old 2011-11-10, 12:22   Link #1536
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I wouldn't mind one of the Jenius daughters.

- Tak
Mmmm, Emilia. Now that's what i'm talking about.
Old 2011-11-10, 12:24   Link #1537
Tak

Quote:
Mmmm, Emilia. Now that's what i'm talking about.
And lo' he dived into the (soft) valleys of joy...

- Tak

Old 2011-11-10, 12:36   Link #1538
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And lo' he dived into the (soft) valleys of joy...

- Tak
That's one woman i'd never say no to.
Old 2011-11-10, 12:45   Link #1539
Tak

Hmm, Nora and Milia in a dogfight...

- Tak

Old 2011-11-10, 12:48   Link #1540
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
That's one woman i'd never say no to.
Just for you... Emilia: