Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-20, 00:10   Link #41
The American Average
2LMES

I can craft my own guns thats kinda cool
Spoiler for =[:
well the gameplay posted little up looks like a dead space game just more red lights than blue
Old 2012-08-20, 01:02   Link #42
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair, Isaac is an engineer so he should be able to craft his own weapons if he needs to--we saw him do so in the second game, after all.

I still find myself concerned with co-op and how it may affect the game's atmosphere.
Old 2012-08-20, 05:16   Link #43
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

I still find myself concerned with co-op and how it may affect the game's atmosphere.
What's there to worry about? If you play singleplayer, then you play as Isaac only with no companion, same as all the previous Dead Space titles.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 11:00   Link #44
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah. Exactly. I'm just Isaac alone on a dark, frozen planet crawling with space zombies and insane humans worshipping the Marker. It adds a certain element to the game's atmosphere.

Co-op? What's exactly stopping me and my partner from just blasting the shit out of everything without worry about what's coming up next? After all, someone who's not some crazy-ass hallucination has got my back. If I fuck up killing a necromorph, chances are he'll finish it off for me. Etcetera, etcetera.

I know people could use Resident Evil 5 as an example of co-op working for a horror game like Dead Space, but really? No it doesn't. RE5 was probably the least scary of ALL the RE games so far, not least because someone else could be there to blow the shit out of the scary things with me. So I'm worried that use of co-op wouldn't be the best idea for Dead Space regardless of when the development team wanted to include it.
Old 2012-08-20, 15:08   Link #45
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Who on earth says Resident Evil 5 made co-op worked for a horror game? No it didn't, having co-op in my opinion while it made the game fun to play with a friend it ruined it overall with so much being taken out of it. Hell including co-op in Fear 3 made it turn terrible as well.

I agree with your concerns for Co-op being in Dead Space in fact up until it was announced I would constantly pray and post various posts on message boards saying I hope to god there isn't co-op, but as long as it's JUST an option and not forced upon you,you can still play solo and the games length doesn't suffer for it I think I can tolerate it.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 15:12   Link #46
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, if it ends up like RE5 and such, even if you do single player you'll still have some random character following you around and such. Sounds to me like co-op just gives a second player the chance to control Not-Isaac during the story. Which makes me think that Not-Isaac was included solely for the chance for co-op.
Old 2012-08-20, 22:38   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, if it ends up like RE5 and such, even if you do single player you'll still have some random character following you around and such.
All of the gameplay videos we've seen (linked in this very thread) show that you play alone when playing solo, i.e. no AI companion or such. The second character you control in coop becomes an NPC you interact with at certain times in the story, much like Ellie. It's only in coop mode that the second character becomes an everpresent partner.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-08-20, 22:39   Link #48
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Alright then. That's... better, I suppose.
Old 2012-08-24, 22:53   Link #49
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Looks like this particular trailer hasn't made it here yet:

Isaac's definitely a bit more screwy after the last game...

Old 2012-08-24, 23:01   Link #50
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Can't blame him for being messed up. All that mind-fuckery from the Marker, and crazy-bitch!Nicole trying to drive him up the wall then change into her sweet kind self only to find out that was all a lie and it was the Marker trying to kill him... guy can't catch a break.
Old 2012-08-25, 15:13   Link #51
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Cant wait for this.

I hope they have more audio/video dairies this time around as I thought they really added to the atmosphere in the first game and it disappointed me a little that the second didn't seem to have nearly as many.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 20:01   Link #52
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Cant wait for this.

I hope they have more audio/video dairies this time around as I thought they really added to the atmosphere in the first game and it disappointed me a little that the second didn't seem to have nearly as many.
That's part of the Dead Space experience, can't have a game without those.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 20:15   Link #53
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
RE 5's co-op was a choice and it was still lacking horribly, and the Ai partner was brain dead. THAT IS WHAT I'M WORRIED ABOUT WITH DEAD SPACE 3.
Actually, it WASNT a choice. You HAD to have that brain-dead AI with you the entire damn game....
Old 2012-09-28, 07:19   Link #54
kiak666

New gameplay video, featuring a derelict ship, mummified Slashers, dog Lurkers and a brutal death scene:

kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 10:17   Link #55
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Seems like it's still at DS2 creepy level, that's alright with me.
Old 2012-11-10, 02:49   Link #56
kiak666

Co-op Gameplay. Looks like players who play as Carver will encounter their own hallucinations.

kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 03:54   Link #57
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Wow,twitchers look very disturbing...I felt kind of fortunately that I didn't play too deep into Dead Space at the local Cyber Cafe...
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 13:23   Link #58
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Here's the rundown basically.

Singleplayer - You're Isaac alone in the dark as usual. With crazy monsters, insane humans following the marker. Everything trying to kill you with Dead Space 2 level of spooks, scares and surprises. Going through a supposedly new campaign then the one in co-op.

Co-op - You're either Isaac or Carver, and if you're Carver. You're in for the treat, as you're helpless against your own illusions and Isaac has to keep you protected. Both of you experiencing completely different things, while Carver is not getting a break from being mind-slashed.

I like it, it still adds the Dead Space element of messing with your head. While also throwing you off alone in co-op at times with your partner either guarding/useless. Although when you both are running around without any of those illusions/etc, it does decrease the scare factor. I'm going to predict those events involving Carver will happen frequently.
Old 2013-01-22, 04:34   Link #59
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It finally happened....

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yes, owning ME3 will give you an N7-themed Security RIG to use for both Isaac and Carver.

Old 2013-01-22, 05:24   Link #60
EmagEvil

BTW, there will be a demo available before the release? like for the 1st and second episodes?
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote