Old 2013-03-05, 16:33   Link #62
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Railguuuuuuun!
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 23:03   Link #63
leokiko

Hyped for:
Shingeki no Kyojin - the manga is awesome and the trailer was too.
Gargantia - great setting/premise + Urobuchi.

Will watch:

Railgun - I prefer Index but this is still great.
Ore no Imouto - first season was entertaining.
Aku no Hana - same dude that did Mushishi's anime, that makes it a must watch.

Will try:

Hentai Ouji - seems like it could be fun.
Hataraku Maou-san - White Fox + a mixed cast with a focus on comedy seems like it could turn out great.
Valvrave - love mecha, hope this one will turn out good unlike Age.

Will try if I hear a lot of praises for it:

Everything else aside from fujoshi bait stuff.

Promising season.

Last edited by leokiko; 2013-03-06 at 23:20.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 19:19   Link #64
inisipis

Attack on Titan

Red data girl

Ore no Imouto

Yuyushiki

Hataraku maou-sama

Asian Resshiden no shima kousaku

Aiura

Young Buddha and Jesus movie.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 01:58   Link #65
webkid94
*Author

Most excited for:
Aku no Hana - Finally, I can call myself a manga reader for this adaptation. Never in my 10+ years of watching anime have I read the source material for an anime adaptation before it airs, but not here! Super hyped for this.

Attack on Titan - Definitely liked what I saw in the PVs, and almost considered buying the manga but that will wait until this ends.

Valvrave - TM Revolution + Nana Mizuki? Heaven in my ears. That and it gives a total Gundam vibe (no thanks to Sunrise), makes this a must watch for me.

Maybe watch:
Red Data Girl - Looks interesting, but P.A. Works hasn't told a good story since Hanasaku Iroha and I worry how they'll treat the protagonist given their most recent works (coughtaritaricough).

Oreimo 2 - Morbid curiosity was the reasoning for watching season 1. I may watch if time allows, though I'm rooting for Kuroneko as always.

Devil Survivor 2 - Loved Persona 3, neutral about Persona 4 (both game and anime) but the franchise is interesting enough to warrant a watch from me.

Ore no Seishun Love Comedy - Interesting premise, and have heard lots of good things about it so I'll give it a try.

Galgantia - Urobuchi doing something different? PFFF! Please, he's probably trolling when he says that. Giving this one a try.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 10:54   Link #66
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

At this point I have no idea what I'll be following come spring, there are plenty of shows that interest me but nothing yet has completely grabbed my attention (and I'm sad at the lack of new noitaminA) except for the Young Animator's Project but those are OVAs, not full series. So, as for what's at least caught my attention:

RDG: I've read some of author's other work, Good Witch of the West (erm, the manga version anyway) so I might as well give this one a shot.
Yamato 2199: Never seen any of this franchise but I've heard good things about it for a while so I might as well give it a shot.
Yahari: This season's Brain Base title so I'll give it a shot although the chart makes it sound rather dull (a bit like My Little Monster, which I didn't find dull at all but I wonder why they chose to adapt two stories with rather similar set-ups so close together).
Valvrave: Mecha so I'll give this a shot as well, though the trailers haven't really interested me so far.
Gargantia: Now this one I'm actually interested in, more so than the other two mech shows anyway, and I love all the visuals from it so far, cool designs and great color schemes.
Maou-sama: Wasn't interested in this one at first but then I gave the manga a shot and it actually made the premise work somehow so I'm looking forward to this title too.
Majestic Prince: Hell, if I'm trying out the other two mech shows I might as well try out all three, although the character designs for this one really aren't my style.
Arata Katanagari: I've liked some of Yuu Watase's works and not liked others but never tried Arata strangely enough. But I've seen some people out there, whose opinions/tastes I know to be similar to mine, saying that they liked the manga so that's enough reason for me to give the anime a shot.
Karneval: I like the manga but boy is it uneven, it gets stronger as it goes but since the anime is set to only run for one cour I'm really worried how it's going to go (heck I can't think of a good ending point after just 13 episodes and that's even more worriesome, a good director can at least smooth out bad pacing and such). So fingers crossed that this one turns out fine but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Katanagari: A rerun but since I've never seen the show before I'll give it a shot if it's streamed anywhere. AFAIK it's not currently streaming for USians, and I doubt that this rerun will change that, but hey I can hope.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 11:09   Link #67
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Right now just Karneval but Im so totally watching MLP dubbed into Japanese
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 15:02   Link #68
ginger02

I'm more excited for Karneval above anything else. I hope it goes well.
Also looking forward to Uta no prince sama.
And i think I'll check out Kara's animation since I like the group.

and lol, i kinda wanna see the Japanese dub of My little pony. How many Western animations get dubbed in Japanese anyway?
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 14:24   Link #69
Haiprbim
Banned

My current list of what I'll check out and probably watch fully:

High School DxD [Second Season] - Comes out in Summer 2013
Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai [Second Season]
Karneval
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.
Date A Live
The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat.
The World God Only Knows [Third Season] - Comes out in Summer/Autumn 2013
Photo Kano
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Hataraku Maō-sama!
Hyakka Ryōran Samurai Girls [Second Season]
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
Arata: The Legend
Ro-Kyu-Bu! [Second Season] - Comes out in July, so that makes it Summer 2013
The Flowers of Evil
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san [Second Season]
Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 12:44   Link #70
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Definite watches:
Railgun S - Well uh I'm a fan of the Index/Railgun franchise so I'll be seeing this.
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 - I've only heard good things about this and the franchise it comes from. So I look forward to it greatly!
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W - Heck yeah S2! Not ready for seeing this really, may die from laughter.
Kakumeiki Valvrave - Sunrise? Check. Original so no spoilers? Check. Mecha? Check. Mizuki Nana / TM Revolution / Elisa on board for music? Hell yes!

Giving a try:
Red Data Girl - It sounds worth checking out.
Shingeki no Kyojin - Premise does sound interesting. Curious as to how it'll be so I guess I can't wait to see the 1st episode.
Date A Live - Not the highest priority but worth giving a couple viewings I suppose.
OreImo 2 - Well the 1st season was enjoyable enough, more Kuroneko please.

Carry over - Uchuu Kyoudai, Gintama': Enchousen (at least I think...unsure if this will continue on)

Least that's how it is now...wonder what I may randomly pick up out of the blue mid season.
Old 2013-03-16, 15:32   Link #71
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm confused. Is this Space Battleship Yamamoto 2199 something different that the one that's been airing/being released on dvd for the past few months?

I've off and on read the manga for Shingeki no Kyojin, which is unfortunate, as I'm never all that invested in an anime when I already know the plot, but it'll still probably be one of the shows I watch this upcoming season, as it's the one guaranteed show I know I'll enjoy.

A Sunrise Mecha show? Well, of course, I'll be watching, though I'm not going to pretend to have high hopes for anything that revolves around a cast that appears to be in high school while simultaneously piloting mecha to end the big bad conflict between the two nations they're squashed between.

However, I suspect it'll be better than Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince, but I'll watch GKMP anyways, because...Miyuki Sawashiro (though she appears to voice a minor character, so maybe not). Though, am I the only one that thinks it "looks" like a Sunrise production, while Kakumeiki "looks" like a Bones one?

Suisei's robot aesthetics hearken back to the old days, but as much as I enjoy older mecha/giant robot, I'm not going to pretend there was anything particularly awesome about such designs, other than the cheese factor. It is yet another Gen show, so obviously it's going on my must watch list. Amusingly enough, with the thread concerning death or evolution of mecha anime on General on my mind, is Gen going to try some magic with the genre?

I'm sure I'll also vapidly watch a handful of other shows in the lineup (Aku no Hana looks mildly interesting, brain popcorn like Azazel, etc)).

Nothing looks like a sure fire "it" girl this next season (Devil Survivor 2 probably has the best shot at that role, and oh, yes, I'll be watching that as well, though I suppose with Gen's prolific recent rack record, Suisei should just be thrown that crown to start the season off), but there have been some pleasant surprises for the last few seasons, despite things looking very poor ahead of time, so I'm optimistic.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2013-03-16 at 15:57.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:44   Link #72
Kirarakim

I believe it's the same exact Yamamoto just a TV broadcast.

Anyways when I make my initial list I realize there is always a series I missed and this is it. I really hope the TV broadcast will be officially streamed.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:30   Link #73
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I'm confused. Is this Space Battleship Yamamoto 2199 something different that the one that's been airing/being released on dvd for the past few months?
It's just the tv broadcast of the episodes that have been coming out in theatres and dvd/bluray for a while now. Nothing new or different is expected aside from a new OP apparently (at least as far as we know).
Old 2013-03-16, 18:23   Link #74
Dawnstorm

Very Curious:

Aku no Hana: The way people talk about it, I'm expecting a demented yet relatable show. Add the director of Mushishi, and interesting promo art, and I'm interested. Very interested. (It could be great; it could be awful.)

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge: I've seen the trailer and like how it looks. It's seems to be a pretty violent show (the image of a blood-drenched pair of scissors is not something I'm going to shake for a while...). The concept seems so absurd that I have to know what's up with it. Could be great, but it could also be awful.

Curious:

Red Data Girl: PA Works. If nothing else, it will look good.

Yahari: A romantic comedy by Brains Base. Last time that happened we got Tonari no Kaibutsu kun. I like the character design.

Suisei no Gargantia: Urobuchi writes a mecha series. The trailer looks good. A squirrel mascot? (This is the second anime-original show Urobuchi does for Production IG. Interesting.)

Photo Kano: Looks good so far. I wonder in what direction this will go.Photo Kano: Looks good so far. I wonder in what direction this will go.

Could be fun:

Namiuchigawa no Muromi san: Looks fun. Has Chiwa Saito and Ai Nonoka in supporting roles (they should have good chemistry by now, heh).

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko: Depending on how they're playing the ecch, which is sort of part of the concept, I might enjoy it, or find it unwatchable.

Sequels:

Oreimo: After refusing to watch the show for I while, I actually enjoyed the first season. Should be decently entertaining.

Nyaruko san: It's silly and it doesn't try to be anything else. Biggest seller: Kana Asumi's performance.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 18:33   Link #75
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is the TV broadcast of the BD episodes taken from the theatrical releases that started in April of 2012. They had planned to go a similar route as Gundam Unicorn by showing the episodes in theater first, then on disc. They planned to go a step farther and put in on TV starting a year after the theatrical release. This way they didn't have to risk money on buying a TV slot in 2012 and instead could use BD and theater ticket revenue to spend on quality in the episodes and have time to make them better.

The fifth theater release will be six days after the first episode airs on TV (Chapter 5 is episodes 15-18). The TV episodes should catch up to the theater releases in September unless the TV series is a split-cour show. (no word on that happening yet). This is a 26 episode show.

The major difference will be that the TV show will have a different OP and ED sung by a dream team of old and new singer. Or perhaps the same OP and ED just with more singers including JAM Project.

http://yamato2199.net/index.html
Old 2013-03-18, 14:36   Link #76
4Tran

Most Interested:

Titan - I've heard good things about the manga, and the art looks pretty good so far.

Devil Survivor 2 - I'm playing the game right now.

-------------------------------------------------------

Yamato, Red Data Girl - Sure, why not?

Mecha Trio - Majestic Prince seems to be what the smart money seems to be going for, and Valvrave is looking pretty weak. But who knows which one of these will end up good?

-------------------------------------------------------

Most Intriguing:

Tomodachi wa Mahou - I won't watch this show unless I hear something really great (or really awful!) about it, but it's going to be pretty darned weird.

Rotoscope the Anime - Is it going to be great? Is it going to look awful? Will it be both? The beauty is that no one knows yet (I'm guessing awful) - we do know that it's going to be bizarre! The PV didn't tell us anything at all since we already knew that Studio Pablo creates great background art.

The Spring season seems to have a lot more watchable shows than Winter.
Old 2013-03-20, 18:46   Link #77
msg

Hyakka Ryouran
Azazael
Kyojin

...and those three mecha animes.Will check it out
Old 2013-03-23, 19:09   Link #78
broken270
Defying gravity

I am not really a big fan of mecha anime, but since there are three coming out, I guess I should watch at least one of them. Is there any one in particular that you guys recommend on what I should watch?
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 19:15   Link #79
4Tran

It depends on what you like:

Majestic Prince looks to be the best one for comedy and CG action.
Gargantia has Urobuchi Gen and it seems to be lively with neato background art.
Valvrave is Gundam that is not Gundam, with lots of drama and school-based characters.

So far, the order I listed looks to be the order of descending quality, but nobody knows right now! Any show has a 33% chance of being the best one of the set.
Old 2013-03-23, 23:03   Link #80
broken270
Defying gravity

^Based on those descriptions, I guess I'll watch Majestic Prince and Gargantia. Nice art and CG action is always a plus in my books. Thank you for the information.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote