Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-04, 22:31   Link #621
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
There is the fact that Orihime would be broken hearted if Ichigo ended up with someone else in the end (Kubo clearly isn't the type to be sadistic towards his own characters. Hell, why do you think none of them ever die? ). She has stated that she is jealous of Rukia's influence on Ichigo and has broken down into tears merely over that. Just think about what would happen if Ichigo ended up marrying her? Nope, doesn't sound like Kubo to me.
Kubo's favorite show is Honey and Clover. Nuff said.

My favorite couple would be Ichigo/Rukia.

+ They're on their way to canon.
Old 2007-11-04, 22:38   Link #622
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
That would take a time skip, which I don't want happening in Bleach. Ichigo's development will require him to no longer be the one who has to protect everyone. He's too obsessed now and in the near future for his character to change like that.

In fact, the guy I describe would be the one to show Ichigo what Inoue is capable of. Hell, they'd get in an epic duel over it, Ichigo insisting Inoue stay out of danger and ManlyEx fighting for her right to protect her nakama as much as Ichigo. ManlyEx would win of course because he has power from believing in Inoue.

You're right she doesn't need that. Because they're already there IMO. Ichigo and Rukia don't need to do such things because they for the most part already view each other as equals and have developed into that for over 200 chapters. She's already started pushing him to stop thinking that his friends are helpless and need him to fight all the bad guys, while they stand in the back screaming "Save me Ichigo, save me!!!"

Ichigo is no where near being the Kamina-like person I described. Nor do I want him to be. Besides, ManlyEx has to die and not come back for it to work.

Basically, I want another guy to fall for Inoue as much as she has for Ichigo, for her to realize that, and to see how she reacts. She can still love Ichigo all she wants, though I think it will bring some nice dynamics to her character
I will send KT an e-mail to get started on that...

It does sound good though. I guess it would have to be a new shinigami character, because who else would fight along side them that is not in the manga already and is expendable. Although it could also be a friend that does that and dies to make orihime realize her true power and potential, it does not have to be a love interest. Maybe Tatsuki she's kind of a third or fourth rate character it could be a small arc because
Spoiler for manga- don't read unless you are up to date on the manga! Its your fault if you do, not mine.=):
Old 2007-11-05, 18:32   Link #623
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqi View Post
So I think Ichigo+orihime is a much more interesting match because it can develop as they develop, and pluse they are two humans dealing with the otherworld. Its just more interesting.
Funny, I think completely the opposite: I find it way more exciting for a human to fall for a death god(dess)
Old 2007-11-05, 18:37   Link #624
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post
Funny, I think completely the opposite: I find it way more exciting for a human to fall for a death god(dess)
Hell, just look at all the stories in Japanese mythology about a human and a supernatural being falling in love. Like Tanabata since we're talking about Bleach here. So I think shinigami/human romance being a nono is a moot point given the culture we're dealing with here.
Old 2007-11-05, 22:11   Link #625
Dr_Logic

Quote:
Hell, just look at all the stories in Japanese mythology about a human and a supernatural being falling in love. Like Tanabata since we're talking about Bleach here. So I think shinigami/human romance being a nono is a moot point given the culture we're dealing with here.
. . . but it would seem that Kubo is more or less influenced by the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho. If I recall correctly, Yusuke ended up with a human girl (Keiko), whereas Botan (the shinigami) was never given a chance to establish whether or not the speculation of her being romantically interested (see the first season) was true. In any case, Rukia already has someone to be with; Renji is her man. Plus, Rukia would no doubt outlive Ichigo anyway. In short, it would be a waste of time if they were to marry. Now Orihime on the other hand (see my nine contentions) . . .
Old 2007-11-06, 01:05   Link #626
yupyupyup

Ichigo x Neil
Kenpachi x Yachiru (more like father-daughter, just plain funny and cute!)
Old 2007-11-06, 01:08   Link #627
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Logic View Post
. . . but it would seem that Kubo is more or less influenced by the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho. If I recall correctly, Yusuke ended up with a human girl (Keiko), whereas Botan (the shinigami) was never given a chance to establish whether or not the speculation of her being romantically interested (see the first season) was true. In any case, Rukia already has someone to be with; Renji is her man. Plus, Rukia would no doubt outlive Ichigo anyway. In short, it would be a waste of time if they were to marry. Now Orihime on the other hand (see my nine contentions) . . .
While there are similarities between the two series Kubo has shown little influence from YYH if you ask me. Really, I find most comparisons unfounded with how the series have progressed. Hell, the "it's like YYH" mentality is what nearly doomed Bleach to never being published so I myself prefer it not be brought up.

But if you insist I can bring out the similarities of Inoue with a character from Honey and Clover, a series Kubo really likes.

Tanabata, the story of the love between a goddess and a mortal and their separation save for a small time each year, has reared its head in many places in Bleach. One of the most comprehensive and well-written essays on its appearance/influence in Bleach can be found here

Of course, like I said, if Masaki is revealed to be a normal human what then? The main character is the the result of a human and shinigami affair. And like I said, Japan is rife with stories of mortal/immortal pairings. We even have them here in the West. So it's not like pairings like Ichigo/Rukia are any less unique or out there than Ichigo/Inoue.

I'll just wait and watch before I put absolute faith behind any pairings save Urahara/Yoruichi, Gin/Matsumoto, and Hitsugaya/Hinamori (though I hate both of them)
Old 2007-11-06, 01:12   Link #628
Jarkeler

All of these pairings really seem to be fan-fic right now anyways, as I have yet to see anything really happen beyond Inoue almost kissing Ichigo when she tells him goodbye. The rest of the stuff seems unfounded to me until Kubo spends more time on it, which where the story is now, I don't see happening any time soon.

As far as my personal opinion, I see a Ichigo and Inoue pairing in the future. Can't really say much for any of the other characters though, cause like I said, Kubo really has yet to spend any time on developing it.
Old 2007-11-06, 01:27   Link #629
ch0c0b0fr34k

Ichigo x Nell is the new pairing aon. I would love to see an attempt on that....<3 it'd be awesome. Plus in terms of looks and personality, Nell totally outclasses at least Orihime.

Other than that, Ichigo x Rukia is great, but I hate Rukia's voice actor and the fact that it's standard.

I think Orihime is personally too weak (and the VA does a great job at accentuating that) and too unstable to actually work with Ichigo. The whole Aizen fiasco pretty much ruined my viewpoint of her.

Arrancar / Shinigami / Ningen, anyone? Kubo seems to have something like that in mind...
Old 2007-11-06, 01:31   Link #630
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Tanabata, the story of the love between a goddess and a mortal and their separation save for a small time each year, has reared its head in many places in Bleach. One of the most comprehensive and well-written essays on its appearance/influence in Bleach can be found here
Really? Part 2 was a bit too much for me (maybe it's because I read this before reading that. I found Part 1 to be also very well-written, where it talks about unrequited love in Japan's fairytales.

I'm not sure where Kubo is taking Orihime's character to be. The more I read on her, the more she seems like a string that's about to easily break. All this "Kurosaki-kun, Kurosaki-kun", and this unrequited love, the way Ichigo seems so indifferent to her (in the sense that she's at the same level as his nakama) the degrading way she was being treated (re: most recent chapter) seems like her character was being set up for something, and I'm not sure if it'll be good. :x Might as well wait and see.
Old 2007-11-06, 07:43   Link #631
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
Really? Part 2 was a bit too much for me (maybe it's because I read this before reading that. I found Part 1 to be also very well-written, where it talks about unrequited love in Japan's fairytales.
Those are scary essays..........talk about mega overanalyzing facial expressions. Well written and inisghtful stuff though; thanks for sharing the links with us. As far as Orihime goes, I don't think her future character development is based on who she ends up with romantically..........its her learning to grow stronger, to find her own direction. Its detrimental to her character to be in a romantic relationship of any sort now, when it places her in a dependent role. She has issues with self-esteem and understanding her own powers that she can figure out better by herself. That nixes any pairing she could be in , whether that be OrihimexIshida or OrihimexIchigo or
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

Coming to what Orihime's been through lately, I'll refer to crisis:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I'm not sure where Kubo is taking Orihime's character to be. The more I read on her, the more she seems like a string that's about to easily break. All this "Kurosaki-kun, Kurosaki-kun", and this unrequited love, the way Ichigo seems so indifferent to her (in the sense that she's at the same level as his nakama) the degrading way she was being treated (re: most recent chapter) seems like her character was being set up for something, and I'm not sure if it'll be good. :x Might as well wait and see.
It'll either break her, or make her stronger. Either way, I agree her passive-submissive character is being pushed to a breaking point.Sooner or later, something will give.

Like Royal devil mentioned earlier, to find her own feet Orihime needs a moment when she truly unleashes her power in an attack mode. Destroy an espada or two. I don't know what it would take for that to happen; maybe if a lover dies or a friend dies. Its not been enough for her to be verbally abused, or beaten, or humiliated or even to see Ichigo beaten near the brink of death. But I do think she has it within her. I'm not talking about anything forced like suddenly turning into a female kenpachi or hollow ichigo. Rather, I think her character will develop more along the lines of Captain Unohana. Someone peace loving, a healer, gentle......but with a core of steel. I wonder, perhaps Orihime will learn to accept killing for her friends? Until she learns that killer instinct, she will be (like Urahara said), a liability rather than a help. In an ideal world she could just withdraw from battle but its gone too far.

I expect (hope?) that she grows into a dangerous fighter later on, and more importantly an emotionally self-sufficient person. Then it would make sense for her to be in a pairing of some sort. The problem is its hard to predict what her relationship with Ichigo will head if Orihime does finally find her focus and purpose. Whereas on the other hand, the Ichigo and Rukia dynamic is well established and probably won't change till near the end of the series.

That could actually work in Orihime's favour. Because its pretty clear that the way Ichigo looks at her now doesn't have any romantic tension, or sentiment. Sadly, he seems to treat Nell , Orihime like his sisters in the "protective big brother" mode. On the other hand, if Orihime grows as a person Ichigo might feel differently towards her. I could see them connecting as the two outcasts from humanity, set apart by their godlike powers and loneliness. Meh, I doubt it though . Even though I like the OrihimexIchigo coupling, Kubo doesn't seem inclined that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqi View Post
Pleas don't make me out to be a chauvinist or something just because I think Orihime is prettyer than rukia and would like for her to be with ichigo. Everyone likes something about the opposite (or same)sex and its perfectly ok to admire that. Even if they are fictional characters.
Yeah, I know what you mean. This is a "favourite couples" thread, not a "most likely couples" thread. Hence, if one gives reasons for having a couple as favourite ,such as Orihime being cute, thats completely relevant. Of course, if we start arguing about which pairings are most likely to happen thats an entirely different story.

Last edited by Amirali; 2007-11-07 at 01:59.
Old 2007-11-07, 13:13   Link #632
I once had wings
Hecate is mine!!

ichigo x orihime
u gota think about the kids.. the orange hair thing works
Old 2007-11-09, 00:51   Link #633
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Does anybody know whether ichigo hooks up with either Orihime or Rukia??? (Obviously Orihime likes Ichigo but I think Rukia secretly nurtures a small soft spot in her cold shinigami heart)
Spoiler for Scene:
*lifts eyebrow* it does raise a few questions doesn't it?
Old 2007-11-10, 03:35   Link #634
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

My fave character period Akon being paired with Rukia how sweet : )

Old 2007-11-10, 20:43   Link #635
Lelite

Heh, I think Ichigo and Rukia work fairly well. Rukia happens to be one of the precious few female shounen characters that display more backbone than the male protagonist, that doesn't stand around moping "Kurosaki-kuuun" all day. Yuck.

Of course, that's not to say I dislike Orihime. I just prefer Rukia.

Now that we're through with that.... Let's get on to my crack preferences, yey?

1. Grimmjow x Orihime <--- At first I was like "Wtf??" But then, I kind of liked it. And now it's my #1. Incidentaly, in some recent anime fanbase poll, this pairing was more popular than Orihime x Ichigo by something like 25 places.
2. Grimmjow x Apache and/or Halibel <--- xD Sorry, I said this was crack.
Not-so-crack:
3. Ichigo x Rukia <--- like I said, works for me.
4. Soi Fon x Yuroichi <--- Possibly one of the few yuri pairings I like.

It's kind of funny, really. Usually I'm a sucker for yaoi pairings, but I don't have very many in Bleacj. I mean, there are some that I kind of think are interesting, but I wouldn't call them a favourite or anything.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:50   Link #636
Cherudim Arche

My favorite couple would Hitsugaya and Masumoto. It's pretty funny when Toshiro blames Masumoto for getting into such predictaments. Masumoto constant complaining about her captain. Toshiro is always get cuddled by Masumoto whether he likes it or not.
Old 2007-11-12, 17:16   Link #637
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

Fancy byakuya breaking the rules again, by marrying his adopted sister, so i'd go for rukia X byakuya.

Byakuya: Chire, Senbonzakura.......*Kneels and hand over some sakura petals*. I'll allow you to be my wife.
Old 2007-11-13, 00:19   Link #638
ani_d

Haha Rukia/Byakuya! Why didn't I think of that before? That's awesome. I like that pairing too. >] He even made Rukia blush. He's waaay ahead of Ichigo and Renji. He's at the top of the game. lol
Old 2007-11-13, 00:45   Link #639
lastxchink

Send a message via AIM to lastxchink
hmm im not a fan of traditional pairings of bleach for some reason...even though they pretty much dominate this thread, 90 percent of the people here are either ichigo/rukia, ichigo/orihime, or renji/rukia shippers. As for me I prefer more...underground pairings. Here mines in order

5. Nell/Halibel- HEY it'd be hot.

4. Rangiku/Orihime- I just thought that the shower moment between the 2 was cute =P.

3. Ishida/Nemu- I'm a bit surpised there's hardly any shippers for this pairing. I loved their interaction in Soul Society. Nemu needs someone that can treat her right and give her the respect she deserves after being abused her whole life. And what other person is better than a doormat gentleman like ishida?

2. Tatsuki/Orihime- With the way Tatsuki's so protective of Orihime it has to transcend friendship at least a little right...? I just can't really see Tatsuki be with anyone other than Orihime. Her being the dominate tomboy, someone docile, kind, and gentle like Orihime really suits her. Ichigo/Tatsuki...? ehh they're much better off as friends.

1. Yoruichi/Soi-fong- Probably my favorite pairing not only in Bleach but in all of the animes/manga I've seen/read. I've always liked Yoruichi's character and when I saw her and Soi-Fong's past I automatically fell in love with the pairing. Then I practically became obsessed with the pairng after I read BebopSamurai's The Cat and the Bee. I just love how perfectly their traits and qualties compliment each other, not to mention Soi-Fong's degree of dedication to Yoruichi.
Old 2007-11-14, 16:50   Link #640
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

You forgot that chick with the glasses in ichigo's class. She has a thing for orihime. Though I still think ichigo and rikia would do better together i mean hey... it fits with a shakespearian sub plot (i.e. look to romeo and juliet and not king lear)
Closed Thread