AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-24, 12:59   Link #521
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Just adding some info from previous chapter and this one, it's a wild speculation but that's the best theory I have come up with. Rich people don't get rich from just connections, there needs to be some exchange of goods or services. Well I could be wrong, just my commerce senses starting to tingle =_=
I thought he got his money from his parents, lol.
Old 2011-11-24, 14:46   Link #522
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes... he is a tad disappointing this time around.
Seriously, he didn't have to agree to it and it wasn't remotely necessary AT ALL. Plus. . .

Spoiler for Chapter 19:
Old 2011-11-25, 19:18   Link #523
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeknickers View Post
Seriously, he didn't have to agree to it and it wasn't remotely necessary AT ALL. Plus. . .

Spoiler for Chapter 19:
Let's not bring that argument up again. And I don't think the girl is in a relationship with his brother. It goes against the Bro Code, but it's still fair game. Especially when she initiated it.

Pretty funny how she still managed to get the pictures.
Old 2011-11-25, 20:20   Link #524
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Let's not bring that argument up again. And I don't think the girl is in a relationship with his brother. It goes against the Bro Code, but it's still fair game. Especially when she initiated it.

Pretty funny how she still managed to get the pictures.
I wasn't bringing up an argument; I was stating my opinions. Since I have never tried to deny anyone else's, I would appreciate the same courtesy be extended to me. Thank you. However, if your intentions were not to insult or act as an unnecessary mediator, I apologise for my abrupt reply but will suggest that it could have been worded in a less accusatory or sanctimonious manner.

As for what Nitta and that woman did, I do not approve. I realise it's a manga and drama is needed, but from a literary perspective Nitta's character has become a hypocrite in this particular chapter.
Old 2011-11-25, 21:00   Link #525
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

His situation put him at odds though....they were spying on them...which means that if Nitta abruptly told her to get off him, they would have been caught. She took advantage of him knowing once she started, he couldn't make her stop. So Nitta gets no blame from me this chapter, it was against his will, but worked out in the end where this little fiasco could just be swept under the rug. That reporter girl sure is something though....But I agree with DragoZero, she's probably not in a real relationship with anyone, she just believes in bartering sex for whatever she needs.

And don't worry, plenty more rage from both characters will be coming your way soon

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu; 2011-11-25 at 21:12.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:38   Link #526
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
His situation put him at odds though....they were spying on them...which means that if Nitta abruptly told her to get off him, they would have been caught. She took advantage of him knowing once she started, he couldn't make her stop. So Nitta gets no blame from me this chapter, it was against his will, but worked out in the end where this little fiasco could just be swept under the rug. That reporter girl sure is something though....But I agree with DragoZero, she's probably not in a real relationship with anyone, she just believes in bartering sex for whatever she needs.

And don't worry, plenty more rage from both characters will be coming your way soon
I'm of the mind where who cares if they got caught? How was it his problem? She was using him. He could have resisted. He's not physically weak - just emotionally and psychologically when you think about it.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not coming at this from 'the man is always in the wrong' angle or some sort of rubbish. It annoys me when women are portrayed in this light too. Really what upsets me is how Nitta allowed himself to be manipulated. The other events up to this point haven't been in his control whatsoever; however, this wasn't the case. He was completely in control and willingly allowed himself to be led. It makes me want to slap him.

Do I still like Nitta? Of course. But in this chapter it kind of shows how easily he allows himself to be manipulated and, to be quite frank, it bothers me.
Old 2011-11-25, 22:42   Link #527
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I wasn't bringing up an argument; I was stating my opinions. Since I have never tried to deny anyone else's, I would appreciate the same courtesy be extended to me. Thank you. However, if your intentions were not to insult or act as an unnecessary mediator, I apologise for my abrupt reply but will suggest that it could have been worded in a less accusatory or sanctimonious manner.
Yes, that could have been worded better. My apologies as well.

Quote:
As for what Nitta and that woman did, I do not approve. I realise it's a manga and drama is needed, but from a literary perspective Nitta's character has become a hypocrite in this particular chapter.
Yes, I see where you're coming from. It's a tough call.

Quote:
*nods*

Quote:
Please don't. Zero comments or hints about future chapters, please.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:42   Link #528
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
I'm of the mind where who cares if they got caught? How was it his problem?
Nitta probably thought he would be at fault because no matter how you look at it, being caught looking at someone having sex is just not a good look.

Nitta cares because this is information that is valuable to him, that's why he's here in the first place. And the guy they were spying on came in glasses and coat, meaning he wanted to be incognito. So if you get the hint someone is keeping tabs on you, you'll usually split out of there. The way I see, taking a blowjob you really didn't ask for is worth it if it can possibly save your ass.

And in his eyes, he's not really committed to anyone, so why should he feel guilty about.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:50   Link #529
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
And in his eyes, he's not really committed to anyone, so why should he feel guilty about.
This has nothing to do with guilt (in my opinion, anyway). It's about wilful ignorance and allowing himself to be manipulated. It's like other (most) mangas where the girl agrees to be violated in order to keep her secret or protect her boyfriend. Screw that! Nitta's original situation is nothing like that, but this particular chapter was an event entirely in his control and he chose to be manipulated. That kind of stuff irritates the hell out of me.

Look at it from another angle:

Spoiler for Uh, inverted scenario from chapter 19:

I know some situations can only be understood through gender stereotyping but DIGNITY is DIGNITY.
Old 2011-11-26, 00:04   Link #530
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

I understand where you are coming from...but you have to remember what we are reading here, and how double standards apply here unfortunately. In the situation you provided, the girl would be viewed as a victim, and deserved justice. But here, the intention of this scene (which is in a Ero-Senien series btw) was probably intended to be view as a glorified sex session for Nitta, making him once again a lucky bastard.

So while dignity could/should have been used here, its likely more of a case of Nitta not needing it since he got a blowjob, which the way it was done, was intended to be viewed as a good thing. Like I said, double standards can suck, but they are here.

And lets be blunt, although it is a stereotype, it has truth to it. A lot of guys can probably vouch that if a hot girl decided to blow them, they wouldn't be so quick to refuse. This was even joked in the movie "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" where the guy was telling her that she should forgive him for refusing the blow job mid blow job lol.
Old 2011-11-26, 00:40   Link #531
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:
I understand where you are coming from...but you have to remember what we are reading here, and how double standards apply here unfortunately. In the situation you provided, the girl would be viewed as a victim, and deserved justice. But here, the intention of this scene (which is in a Ero-Seinen [sic] series btw) was probably intended to be view as a glorified sex session for Nitta, making him once again a lucky bastard.
A big LOL to the last bit.

Personally, I would not consider the girl a victim if the scenario were inverted. I would be disgusted at the guy for doing it and pissed off at the girl for allowing it, which is how I feel in this case. Again, I still really like Nitta and want him to catch a break but I think why this particular chapter annoyed me so much is because Nitta finally had control over a situation and he folded faster than Superman on laundry day.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:06   Link #532
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Chapter 28

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-02, 12:16   Link #533
bumbayker

Quote:
Chapter 28

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-02, 13:54   Link #534
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for For answer:
Old 2011-12-04, 01:36   Link #535
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Chapter 28

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Yeah if anything they looked even more distant than most of the chapters earlier.

Spoiler for If:
Old 2011-12-04, 05:16   Link #536
Mentar
Banned

More distant?? I assume neither of you can read Japanese, and you were merely guessing based on the pictures?

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-04, 12:33   Link #537
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeah if anything they looked even more distant than most of the chapters earlier.

Spoiler for If:

Honestly.. I think it sounds that you are personally offended by her sexuality.

It's as if her brand of sexuality challenges your interpretation of love and sex.

you're projecting too much into this

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2011-12-04, 12:40   Link #538
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
More distant?? I assume neither of you can read Japanese, and you were merely guessing based on the pictures?
No, I do understand Japanese, however I dont think the scene is as emotionally close as you picture it. Well to each their own.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:28   Link #539
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 20 is scanlated!

Spoiler for Chapter 20:
Old 2011-12-04, 21:37   Link #540
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Spoiler for Chapter 20:

Tags
borderline hentai, harumi chihiro, manga, mature, romance