AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-20, 09:28   Link #3901
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Spoiler for end:
lol I dont know these people yet so
still if someone can figure out which manga that is I'll be greatly appreciative. cause I like the art styling, but theirs so many diff types.
here's the link again.
http://scrumptious.animeblogger.net/...okawaii-anime/

it's the actual manga scans in the middle and stuff
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 09:36   Link #3902
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
There is actually only one manga for kimikiss but it is separated into different arcs (I think).

Take a look here for the scanned chapters.

http://www.onemanga.com/KimiKiss_-_Various_Heroines/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 10:22   Link #3903
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

OHHHH i see
see wiki labeled it as like 3 diff manga's.
which arcs is various heroines?

and just so i can get something straight. the manga/novels are shounen but the Anime is Shoujo correct?
Old 2008-06-20, 10:28   Link #3904
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Hold on...I think I am wrong on it being just one manga looking at wikipedia but i am pretty sure that the manga scans from the blog is from various heroines (the style looks similar anyway).

As for the anime it is a mixture of both themes I'd say. Shounen without the service that usually comes from romance themed series but the mood is somewhat like Shoujo.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 11:29   Link #3905
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

hmm so it works for everyone.
so u say theirs no fan-service/ecchi.? thats kinda odd seeing as how the manga was ecchi lol. (altho i hears it's only light ecchi right? from what i've seen anyways?)
Old 2008-06-20, 11:35   Link #3906
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
hmm so it works for everyone.
so u say theirs no fan-service/ecchi.? thats kinda odd seeing as how the manga was ecchi lol. (altho i hears it's only light ecchi right? from what i've seen anyways?)
The anime changed things by not being shonen type like romance series like in the game novel instead it became something like a Josei/shojo type series. Not many people in Japan were happy about that since the game was very popular they didn't like the changes the anime made.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 11:40   Link #3907
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Hmm i can see that, i've heard alot of people missing the ero-kawaiiness of it.
i guess thats how the manga can be described? ero-kawaii? cuz I've seen some scans and it's like ecchi...but doesn't go a whole lot further than erotic kissing (unless theirs more than i dont know about ahha?)
Old 2008-06-20, 14:52   Link #3908
rg4619

Quote:
but the Anime is Shoujo correct?
Not really. The content generally remains male-oriented, with a strong emphasis on heroine sex appeal. It's by no means shoujo, but the anime team toned some things down and introduced a soap opera storytelling structure (multiple love triangles/relationships progressing in parallel; this also meant an anime original story).

Unfortunately, that middle ground doesn't appeal to many people. Male-oriented characters/themes + female-oriented story format = failure to find a receptive audience
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 16:40   Link #3909
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Not really. The content generally remains male-oriented, with a strong emphasis on heroine sex appeal. It's by no means shoujo, but the anime team toned some things down and introduced a soap opera storytelling structure (multiple love triangles/relationships progressing in parallel; this also meant an anime original story).

Unfortunately, that middle ground doesn't appeal to many people. Male-oriented characters/themes + female-oriented story format = failure to find a receptive audience
which of course makes sense.
altho im liking it so far alot!
Old 2008-06-21, 00:12   Link #3910
Siegel Clyne

I don't have the exact sales figure at hand, but I recall that the KimiKiss game sold rather well for a galge in Japan, well over 50,000 copies.

On the other hand, the KimiKiss pure rouge anime has so far sold rather poorly on DVD in Japan, averaging considerably less than 2,000 copies per volume according to Oricon.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 12:29   Link #3911
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
I don't have the exact sales figure at hand, but I recall that the KimiKiss game sold rather well for a galge in Japan, well over 50,000 copies.

On the other hand, the KimiKiss pure rouge anime has so far sold rather poorly on DVD in Japan, averaging considerably less than 2,000 copies per volume according to Oricon.
that sucks but somehow isn't surprising.......
Old 2008-06-26, 03:19   Link #3912
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
the otaku in japan probably wanted this to be a harem anime with kouichi as the lead. i bet sales would skyrocket if that's the route they took.
Old 2008-06-29, 02:47   Link #3913
Lego

Quote:
the otaku in japan probably wanted this to be a harem anime with kouichi as the lead. i bet sales would skyrocket if that's the route they took.
Look up in the sky!

Is it a bird?

Is it a plane?

No it's Lego saying that the fanbase was pissed from the start because they added in two other male characters and withheld all the details until the end

The game sells gangbusters, manga is doing alright, the KK bulletin board put up still has Japanese fans calling the anime "feces".
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 03:17   Link #3914
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Yes, without the other two guys, this would most likely be a harem anime. I want to know how many people like me who actually wanted a KouichixEriko pairing before the anime started and fell into disappointment when they brought in Kazuki. I swear if Mao ended up with Kai, all hell would break loose.
Old 2008-06-29, 03:32   Link #3915
Lego

Quote:
Yes, without the other two guys, this would most likely be a harem anime. I want to know how many people like me who actually wanted a KouichixEriko pairing before the anime started and fell into disappointment when they brought in Kazuki. I swear if Mao ended up with Kai, all hell would break loose.
Mainly from me if that Mao part came true, scroll back through my 300 or so posts . I'm extremly happy it ended the way it did, big plus for me. But they needed some sort of extra male presence if they were going to cover all the girls. It's the exact reason why they're making an episode dedicated to Megumi on the last DVD. You also had someone to take the pressure of the whole Mao x Kouichi x Yuumi x Kai thing.

The game is really like any other game, dopey male lead that lets "you" pick who you want. It all comes full circle with the Japanese fanbase and the withholding of plot details. The funny thing is if you changed the name of the anime and the characters, it would probably do better.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 13:48   Link #3916
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

dont look at me i wanted a kouchixHoshino pairing lol.
shes so kawaii~!
Old 2008-07-23, 05:54   Link #3917
noktown

A crappy ending imo,i liked the Eriko x Kazuki story though.
I still can't understand though,i can't imagine how did he get to love Mao if the only thing that i've seen was him pity her because he couldn't say that he loved her back and then it started evolving into something,prolly love but it just started of him feeling bad for Mao,this is not a good enough reason to break up with someone you trully love Hoshino...,honestly what a bullshit...,half of the series he loved Hoshino and in the last few episodes he realised that he didn't <_<,i hope that if there's a manga it didn't end the way it ended here.Though it was obvious to me since the episode where Mao started looking at them with her jealous eyes,ffs.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 18:43   Link #3918
xia

I'm watching this show myself...

Well kind of since i'm taking a long time to finish it.
I lost all interest when things started getting all soap operish with Mao and who she loved and all that. I liked the show initially because it didnt look like it was going to go in that direction. Everyone had their own love interests- no love triangles.

I have like six episodes to go and I cant even bother to finish them.

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 18:23   Link #3919
Keruri
Like a falling star

I just finished marathoning/rewatching the series, and I must say.... I feel like one of the very few who didn't care for Kouichi/Mao. I certainly don't HATE it; I just feel that Hoshino deserved him more.

I also felt quite a bit of pity for Kai and was saddened by Mitsuki's lack of screentime. I love Sakino, but her fate was sealed from the beginning. I'm so glad she was able to confess, though.

I really must be the odd one out. The couple I was most happy about was Hiiragi/the tsundere class president, and my favourite character was (Kazuki's loli sister) Nana.

The anime directors really knew what they were doing, for they made it completely impossible to hate any of the characters. Not to mention that my boyfriend is constantly raving about the characters' sex appeal (which I'm practically blind to, since I'm a girl). Despite the DVDs not selling well, I'm looking forward to the DVD only episode. I also find it funny that this thread has so many posts when the series actually isn't that popular.

However, one thing about the series really bothered me. I know this is Japan and all, but I never really understood (even after rewatching) that Mao and Kai as well as Kouichi and Yuumi were actually dating. I suppose it's just me. Either way, the whole dating thing seemed really loose, even for Japan.
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 05:10   Link #3920
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

This series is not popular with little boys in heat.

I actually approve of the decision to make the show appealing to both genders instead of some tasteless ecchi garbage. of course, giving mao some more up close and personal screen time is not a bad idea in its self...

you have to understand that though they were dating japanese school kids dont get a lot of free time. the commute outside of school also takes up a huge chunk of available time. not to mention school on saturday and extracurricular activities. unless you meant they were not *huggy* *clingy* enough. a proper relationship takes time. they both got kissed, one in the wrong order though that just reinforces the proper order ideal. a 'display' of affection is not the culture norm either.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen