AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-14, 07:43   Link #241
dee32

I'm having trouble figuring out Rubel? At the end of scene 63 he tells Galatea to run. He also tells her the secrets behind the creation of Alica and Beth. When Claris made her report to the organization about finding 17 claymore swords in the north. He's the only one that believes that there are survivors from the northern campaign. Though he doesn't say that our loud. He even goes onto speculate that Miria is one of those survivors. I think he is the only one in the organization who truly care about the claymores. I think in the coming scenes he will meet Miria's group face to face.

Should Helen still be able to streach her arms or does doing that use yoma energy?
Old 2007-05-14, 07:55   Link #242
lousy

yea and isnt he the one who added clare to the suicide squad? (or does he actually think that they can kill the male awakened?). Though i actually doubt that he cares about the claymores. its more like he understands how they think/will think.

About helen, we wont actually know until we see her new skills(and deneve's). Technically, miria's phantom would use yoma energy also, and so would clare's quicksword(even if she used flora's windcutter it should also use yoma energy). Since her stretching was her distinctive ability(together the miria's and clare's abovementioned abilities), im guessing she would retain it. Probably some new stretching combo skill or something.

Having trouble guessing deneve's though. Since she's a defensive type, her only distinctive ability is the uber fast regeneration. Or maybe she learnt some skill with her dual swords, probably some skill inspired from undine. Or maybe she learnt instant regen. or something.
Old 2007-05-14, 09:00   Link #243
Archmagination2002

Rubel is an interesting character.. he seems to be trusted with most if not all of the secrets of the Organization and he seems to have his pulse on the Claymores secrets too.

He seems to be very loyal to the Organization but its like he doesn't approve of what they are doing with some of the Claymores so he deliberately seems to manipulate those Claymores into action.(Clare, Jean, Galatea and Raphaela are good examples of manipulation by him)
Old 2007-05-14, 09:33   Link #244
lousy

we dont know if he was told to manipulate those Claymores or whether he decided to do so without the organisation's consent.
I think thats what makes him so dangerous and suspicious. Is he on the claymore's side, or the organisation's? If he knows their secrets, what is the motives for his actions?
Old 2007-05-14, 10:27   Link #245
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousy View Post
About helen, we wont actually know until we see her new skills(and deneve's). Technically, miria's phantom would use yoma energy also, and so would clare's quicksword(even if she used flora's windcutter it should also use yoma energy). Since her stretching was her distinctive ability(together the miria's and clare's abovementioned abilities), im guessing she would retain it. Probably some new stretching combo skill or something.
Well, she did Jean's drill sword like it was nothing in one scene so I'm guessing combining the Drill Blade along with her Stretch Armstrong - that would make for a very impressive attack.

Quote:
Having trouble guessing deneve's though. Since she's a defensive type, her only distinctive ability is the uber fast regeneration. Or maybe she learnt some skill with her dual swords, probably some skill inspired from undine. Or maybe she learnt instant regen. or something.
She's the Tanker of the group. If you split them up like a party in an RPG, Deneve's very close to that kind of ability. That and I bet that she can also do the same trick that Undine did and pump more youki into her arms and upper body to deliver a more powerful attack. Of course, that's just speculation.

As for Rubel, he'll help the Seven eventually.
We have to come up for a name for Clare's group - their new uniforms totally owns the old Claymore outfits.
Old 2007-05-14, 10:34   Link #246
HinaThePrince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
We have to come up for a name for Clare's group - their new uniforms totally owns the old Claymore outfits.
Isn't there already The Magnificent Seven? :P
Old 2007-05-14, 10:40   Link #247
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
Man that's gaudy - sounds like a name that Helen would come up with and the other six would bash her head in for it. They still consider themselves as Claymores though, just 'dead' to the Organization. They are free - doing what they want to do which is revenge on the Organization and in Clare's case, on Isely and Priscilla.

Y'know, I kinda want to see just how dramatic would the balance of power shift if the Seven + Gatalea joined up with Riful against the Organization's Alice and remaining Claymores, and Isely & Priscilla?
Old 2007-05-14, 10:40   Link #248
lousy

Quote:
Well, she did Jean's drill sword like it was nothing in one scene so I'm guessing combining the Drill Blade along with her Stretch Armstrong - that would make for a very impressive attack.
oh right. though we cant exactly confirm it was the drill sword, but, her commander was Jean right? So i guess yea, drill sword it is.

I think that the Seven + Gatalea + Riful would own alicia flat. though they'll probably face trouble from the the other claymores while doing so.

As for Isley and priscilla, not really. Maybe if galatea mastered her control yoki power ability.. then they would stand a chance?

Last edited by lousy; 2007-05-14 at 10:43. Reason: dint see Tempest's post
Old 2007-05-14, 10:42   Link #249
dee32

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinaThePrince View Post
I thought they were called the seven ghosts.

No, Jean wasn't Helen's commander it was #11 Veronica.
Old 2007-05-14, 10:55   Link #250
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Priscilla's pretty much at the very least as strong as 2 Abyssal Ones, that just for a chance to win, it required Luciela and Riful to work together, and even that's no guarantee.

Alicia, Easley, Riful's pretty much supposingly the same level, but Alicia seems to have the handicap of Beth's mental stress, meaning it probably can't stay extremely long...and apparently Easley and Luciela fought for a long time.

The Half-Awakened 4 (( those 3 suck, especially Yuma )) individually seems to be around old-school single digit level...without releasing Yoma energy. So, they're pretty much all like a weaker Rafaela, but sadly we never saw Rafaela do anything with her yoma power besides a backbreaker.

Well, the issue is that we don't know for sure how large are the gaps between #1 with #2 with #3 depending on the situation. Riful for one's wayyyy more powerful than #3 Daf, but apparently Ligardo had some confidence in beating Easley, and we don't know how bad he got his ass lancered, otherwise Awakened Clare seems easily an Abyssal level.

Well, we know this new Claymore generation suck to say the least.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-14, 12:49   Link #251
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

At least some of them are polite, Riful kind of likes being flatered and I guess that´s why she went easy on them.

Spoiler for Riful way of awakening:
Old 2007-05-14, 12:59   Link #252
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, the fight between the Abyssals Isley and Luciela was something felt by Gatalea when she was in another region all together which only gives us a surface scratcher indication of how strong they really were when fighting all out.

Clare would need to be in control of her awakened state to take on Silver Eyed Lion King Ligardo one-on-one and even then, Ligardo would most likely come out the winner in that one just because of sheer experience.
W/ the time skip though, if any one of the top Ghosts awakened, they would probably rival both Isley and Riful.

I think I'll call them Ghosts for now, even though they sound like some paintball team...
Old 2007-05-14, 13:16   Link #253
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I prefer to call them Dark Claymores, since they dress all black now.
Old 2007-05-14, 13:25   Link #254
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
I prefer to call them Dark Claymores, since they dress all black now.
That would be the twins since they both dress in Black.
Old 2007-05-14, 13:36   Link #255
cajunman380

Well, the fight between the Abyssals Isley and Luciela was something felt by Gatalea when she was in another region all together which only gives us a surface scratcher indication of how strong they really were when fighting all out.

Quote:
Well the thing is Galatea specializes in sensing and manipulating yoma energy. when we first saw her she was able to give an accurate reoprt on what the fab 4 were doing to the point where she could describe their emotional states. (she just couldnt hear what was going on). Her sensing that isnt really a feat. Its just tjaat she may have been surprised to see two awakened beings (especially abyssal ones) fighting each other when they normally stayed at their own districts. Plus no one else there sensed or felt anything. Theyre strong no doubt but i think it had more to do with the circumstances involved.

Clare would need to be in control of her awakened state to take on Silver Eyed Lion King Ligardo one-on-one and even then, Ligardo would most likely come out the winner in that one just because of sheer experience.
W/ the time skip though, if any one of the top Ghosts awakened, they would probably rival both Isley and Riful.
Quote:
??no offense. But a half awaked clare with only her four limbs awakened completely owned Ligardes. (even the sivler eyed lion king himself admitted that the moment all four limbs awoke he was done for. Experience nothing he simply underestimated clare and it wound up costing him). In this manga experience means nothing unless you have the power and skill to back it up. Who knows how much fighting experience rigardes had these pst 100 years. If any of the fab 4 awoke they could probably rival the abyssal ones but i think they want to avoid it unless they find a way for their human side to remain in control
Old 2007-05-14, 13:57   Link #256
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunman380 View Post

I think Mentar mentioned earlier in this (or another) thread the possibility that Gatalea would later maybe bond with Clare to duplicate sort of what Alicia and Beth currently are doing.

At first I had my doubts since the organisation tried and failed in this setup with Rafeala and Luciela many years ago (when Luciela awakened for real).

However since both Galalea and Clare are strong in controlling and manipulating Yoma energy it doesn't sound so farfetched anymore now I think about it.

Well anyway for now we seem to have catched up with all the available manga chapters (thanks to 10Sigh the ubertranslator) so I guess we have to wait to see how the story will further evolve.

At least we have tomorrow night the long awaited ep. 7 of the anime to wait for

Last edited by dutchman; 2007-05-14 at 14:16.
Old 2007-05-14, 14:32   Link #257
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
oh right. though we cant exactly confirm it was the drill sword, but, her commander was Jean right? So i guess yea, drill sword it is.

I think that the Seven + Gatalea + Riful would own alicia flat. though they'll probably face trouble from the the other claymores while doing so.

As for Isley and priscilla, not really. Maybe if galatea mastered her control yoki power ability.. then they would stand a chance?
Actually the blurb that describes the Claymores that appears in each chapter has confirmed that Helen uses Jean's technique.
Old 2007-05-14, 14:54   Link #258
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
She's the Tanker of the group. If you split them up like a party in an RPG, Deneve's very close to that kind of ability. That and I bet that she can also do the same trick that Undine did and pump more youki into her arms and upper body to deliver a more powerful attack. Of course, that's just speculation.
Nope, she has not practiced pumping youkai! They have not been able to use their youkai or they would be found. Only subtle powers and techniques could have been used during the last 7 years. Honestly I'm not sure where the line is drawn, but pumping youkai to enhance muscles is definitely over the line.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-14, 15:34   Link #259
Seska

Quote:
The 7 Ghost(Busters)
The 7 Shadows
The 7 Assassins

joke:
For four (4) and heaven there will be seven...

Last edited by Seska; 2007-05-14 at 16:19.
Old 2007-05-14, 15:41   Link #260
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The Lucky Seven. (After all, they got their lives saved by a kind of lottery.)
Closed Thread