Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-03, 21:20   Link #1
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Need serious help in deciding...

Hey folks,

It looks like I've hit a complete roadbloack in anime... It's not that I can't find anything to watch, it's that I can't choose what to watch next. Here's the runoff:

Noir
Kiddy Grade
Stellvia of the Universe
Gunparade March

There's some continuity, I guess. I'll probably end up watching them all, but I'm still trying to decide which one first.
Some sidenotes: 1. I've heard that the character designs in Stellvia are rather childlike-- does that affect the watching enjoyment? 2. Someone told me that Gunparade was a lot like FMP (season 1)

If it helps, In the action genre, I absolutely loved FMP (s1) and Fumoffu, as well as the Read or Die OVA. Though I'm finding it rather shallow and ridiculous, I'm also enjoying Yumeria to some extent. Big O was pretty good, and I've also seen Blue Gender, but was kinda eh about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. --Thx
Old 2004-05-03, 21:45   Link #2
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Those are good series, kinda hard to choose, but I say go with Gunparade March first because it's only 12 episodes compared to the others. ^^

Stellvia has a good story and good character development, I don't think the character design will affect your enjoyment much. But just in case, here some screenshots from Stellvia:

Stellvia of the Universe

Last edited by Secca; 2004-05-03 at 22:27.
Old 2004-05-03, 22:06   Link #3
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
Heres what I think you should do: watch Gunprade march first as its a short 12ep series then watch noir too compliment the action/adventure from the last series GPM, then once thats done and you had your fill of gun action move on to space adventure with stellvia which has an interesting story and great space detail and finnally end it with the overrated series at the end.
Old 2004-05-03, 22:44   Link #4
Budweineken
Crap

I would watch Noir first... good action and the best music you'll find in anime

Then watch some GPM... some action, but it is clearly more of a high-school romance type series...

If you are tired of action by this time around watch some Stellvia... it might not impress you and you might ask get put down by it at the begining... but you'll want to watch more... very entertaining... it has a little of everything... though most of the action happens towards the end...

Then watch some kiddy grade... some high action, fantasy and super powers here...
Old 2004-05-04, 13:43   Link #5
7thMethuselah

Try out Stellvia first. It's surprisingly refreshing to watch an anime which has such a positive view on humanity. The animation is also beautiful not to mention the character designs which are very well done. The best thing about Stellvia is the feelgood atmosphere that surrounds it, even though humanity is threathened to be wiped out everyone is working very positively towards the common goal of saving earth.

After that try Noir, very good action and music there

I haven't seen the other two
Old 2004-05-04, 20:37   Link #6
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Thanks for the really quick reply, you guys. I've taken your suggestion, and I've decided to watch Gunparade March first because it's shortest. I'm probably going to Noir next, then follow up with Stellvia and Kiddy Grade. Looks like I'm going to be pretty occupied for the next month . Thanks a bunch!
Closed Thread