AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 3.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 151 54.51%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-06, 03:17   Link #641
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post

This seems to be it. It says they break out of the endless summer vacation. It also says the animation director is Takahashi Mariko; if you know her touch, you can see whether this arc ends or not the moment the next episode begins.
Time to buy some potato chips for tonight!
Old 2009-08-06, 03:20   Link #642
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

All that remains in the loop number. What is it going to be this time?
Old 2009-08-06, 03:22   Link #643
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
This seems to be it. It says they break out of the endless summer vacation. It also says the animation director is Takahashi Mariko; if you know her touch, you can see whether this arc ends or not the moment the next episode begins.
Isn't that the animation director of the first E8 episode?

So, if this isn't a lie, it's just like we thought all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
All that remains in the loop number. What is it going to be this time?
16000 is my guess. 16 is 8+8...
Old 2009-08-06, 03:35   Link #644
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

16,027 would be 2009 x 8

But they probably will stay in the 15,500s
Old 2009-08-06, 03:38   Link #645
calorie

Quote:
It also says the animation director is Takahashi Mariko; if you know her touch, you can see whether this arc ends or not the moment the next episode begins.
Hopefully if it does end tonight, it'll be with more than another episode of bike racing, cicada catching, the festival, fireworks, stargazing and so on with an addition of a minute-long loop-breaking event in the end.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:41   Link #646
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsla View Post
Hopefully if it does end tonight, it'll be with more than another episode of bike racing, cicada catching, the festival, fireworks, stargazing and so on with an addition of a minute-long loop-breaking event in the end.
... Only to end with: Homework, unfinished. Whatever, I'll leave it to the me...

Sorry, I don't want to jinx it, but it's still too dangerous to be too optimistic at this point.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:47   Link #647
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Just another fun last few weeks of summer. Maybe we'll finally see that bike race, Yuki using the gun properly, and new bowling scores....and Itsuki's laugh.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:50   Link #648
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Sorry, I don't want to jinx it, but it's still too dangerous to be too optimistic at this point.
Isn't it sad that KyoAni can go from, in half a year, from being the most respected studio ever to being one we can't even trust?
Old 2009-08-06, 03:50   Link #649
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Wink

Ithekro: Do I detect someone missing Hosaka's laugh?

Personally I'm keeping an eye on the yukatas, though with the return of the director from the first EE episode, anything can literally happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Isn't it sad that KyoAni can go from, in half a year, from being the most respected studio ever to being one we can't even trust?
I don't really have much to say, given the damage already done, but yeah, there's some irony in that.
Old 2009-08-06, 03:54   Link #650
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No, I saw a Umineko version of the Curry Song with Battler "singing".
Old 2009-08-06, 04:22   Link #651
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Meh, love~hate... the make-up sex better be phenomenal
Old 2009-08-06, 04:58   Link #652
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Meh, love~hate... the make-up sex better be phenomenal
Quoted for Supremely Manly Truth
Old 2009-08-06, 05:22   Link #653
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Most hyped studio ever maybe (besides maybe Ghibli, but then there is I think valid reason for that which also comes with a lot more history), but yeah......it's something of an Olympian feat. Kind of reminds me of that episode of South Park called The Losing Edge.
Old 2009-08-06, 05:45   Link #654
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Do we have any other way to see this Newtype besides waiting for it to come out? If not, I must remind everyone reacting to the article that Photoshop exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't know, you'll have to ask Gihren Zabi or the Flanagan Institute.
Ha ha! Great joke!

Quote:
Now I'll be the one to ask the big question, have you ever heard of any instance where a newspaper or magazine in Japan has announced the ending of an arc as big news? Can't say that I have (Usually it's previews and hype for the next arc that make the front page) and it almost seems like a mea culpa. They know, ANN knows, and everyone knows that this arc has been unpopular. Can't think of many other reasons that they'd announce it.
I agree... in the event the arc ends.

The good thing about this is that after the next episode we'll know one of two things...

1) The arc ends, KyoAni/Kadokawa realize the (quite likely unintentional) damage that they have done with it (hence the newspaper/megazine article), and they're sincerely trying to reach back out to the Haruhi fanbase to undo the damage that they've done. If this is the case... great. I'm quite happy and prepared to move on.

2) The arc doesn't end, KyoAni/Kadokawa are deliberately trolling the fans to incredible magnitudes (by heavily implying/saying that endless eight is ending when it's really not), and they're basically giving us the one-finger salute. If this is the case... well, at least we'll have a pretty clear picture of things here...

This is awesome in that it's make or break time for this anime. I could see things really swinging hugely (one way or the other) depending on what happens in episode 9. I'm genuinely pumped.
Old 2009-08-06, 05:57   Link #655
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
*snips*
There's a good reason WHY Ghibli is respected though. Are you blind, mein freund? Seriously, have you seen Grave of the Fireflies, Spirited Away, or Kiki's Delivery Service? By those measures, KyoAni doesn't even come close.

As for the Newtype announcement... It's best to not expect else the cycle will repeat.
Old 2009-08-06, 06:48   Link #656
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is awesome in that it's make or break time for this anime. I could see things really swinging hugely (one way or the other) depending on what happens in episode 9. I'm genuinely pumped.
Well, honestly, I've seen the "if it doesn't end next week, it means war" in about every single ep since the fourth, so...
Quote:
There's a good reason WHY Ghibli is respected though. Are you blind, mein freund? Seriously, have you seen Grave of the Fireflies, Spirited Away, or Kiki's Delivery Service? By those measures, KyoAni doesn't even come close.

As for the Newtype announcement... It's best to not expect else the cycle will repeat.
Well, actually, KyoAni's work wasn't that far behind. Considering the difference in budget and scope - tens of ep vs one big movie - they were pretty close. And until K-on, there was no genuinely boring/average/bad serie in their whole production.

They had a spotless record until only some monthes ago. They seriously damaged it in just two seasons - and the most depressive thing is, K-on IS actually selling well, and Haruhi 2009 still might. Sometimes I want to bang the public's head against a wall rather than my own.
Old 2009-08-06, 07:11   Link #657
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
And until K-on, there was no genuinely boring/average/bad series in their whole production.
K-On was generic, which isn't necessarily bad, but it's that generic-ness that disappointed people I guess. It added nothing, nor did it give anything new.

Quote:
Sometimes I want to bang the public's head against a wall rather than my own.
As a 'Westernized' viewer looking in, Otaku buying behavior makes me scratch my head sometimes as well.
Old 2009-08-06, 07:17   Link #658
Akka

Quote:
K-On was generic, which isn't necessarily bad, but it's that generic-ness that disappointed people I guess. It added nothing, nor did it give anything new.
More than anything, it was boring and flat. I cry a little inside each time I think that KyoAni may actually switch from good series to this crap because it sells better.
Quote:
As a 'Westernized' viewer looking in, Otaku buying behavior makes me scratch my head sometimes as well.
Well, sadly, the bulk of the sales aren't as much from "otakus" (who, as weird as they are, are usually people driven by passion and who sometimes have standards) as from the "general public", whose bad tastes aren't to prove anymore.
Old 2009-08-06, 07:26   Link #659
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Well, honestly, I've seen the "if it doesn't end next week, it means war" in about every single ep since the fourth, so...

The NewType article changes the game, though. It shows that KyoAni/Kadokawa are fully aware of the negative fan reaction to Endless Eight, and how the fans want this to end... and are playing directly to that desire, one way or another.

So, really, it's a simple matter of either...

"Ok, our great fans, we are not a company that refuses to listen to our customers and fans - your seemingly endless horror will now finally know an end!"

or...

"Psyche! It's actually not ending since we delight in the taste of your tears. It's called Endless Eight for a reason! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!"

Unless this Newtype article is a fake or something, then this is it - we're going to know what KyoAni is made of very soon.

All of this aside, it has occurred to me that K-On's economic success might be causing KyoAni to simply not care as much about Haruhi or the Haruhi fanbase. We have a new cash cow so why bother to put much effort in the now 2nd place property...
Old 2009-08-06, 07:28   Link #660
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
(tl;dr) ... since we delight in the taste of your tears. ... (tl;dr)
All I had to do was read this and begin to laugh. And then I cried.