AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-16, 21:02   Link #601
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
I know she's a saint, but dude... that's over 10k kg there.
Not sure where you are getting that number. Or even that Brun felt it was heavy enough to cause a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Basically, this means that any electromaster (not just Mikoto) should be able to willingly amplify or start impulses in the brain. I am pretty sure that if this were true, electromasters in general would be much higher-ranked than they probably are now and at the same time would be more commonly used in the Curriculum.

The thing is, Accelerator was using all of his calculating capability to precisely delete the virus and manipulate LO's brain. It was kinda like doing incredibly precise surgical procedures on a patient. This is combined with the fact that Accelerator was manipulating multiple factors in her brain at once and not just one. The brain is incredibly delicate and as such, it took a lot of extreme caution for him to do things properly
Where are you getting that electromasters aren't extremely highly ranked? The highest electromaster is only ranked under the guy with complete control over all vectors and the guy that can create a substance that can't exist. Also aside from the level 5s, I don't remember any instance of them ranking any other people as anything but groups by general power level.

And I'm pretty sure we don't know the technical aspects of what Accel did, so I'm not sure how you can claim to know what all he was effecting. I'm also pretty sure that we are no where close to having the technology to do a similar feat, so offering a scientific explanation for how he did that is meaningless.
Old 2013-08-16, 21:19   Link #602
Rovert10

Oi people. Get this argument out of the LN speculation thread and into the Abilities/Powers thread.
Old 2013-08-16, 21:46   Link #603
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Question: could GREMLIN uses vampires as subjects for Holistic Espers?
Old 2013-08-16, 22:28   Link #604
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
That's..... Holy crap. I honestly don't know, I really, honestly, do not know. We kind of just have to wait till the NT volume comes out. And even then, it probably won't be answered.
Old 2013-08-16, 23:03   Link #605
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

He, he, he, I knew it would be a bombshell
Actually, it's one of the wiki contributor's idea, I just want to spread it everywhere! He goes even further:
Quote:
Also, I think vampires can become a successful esper-magician hybrid. Since they're immortal they can store a millenia of information in their brains without their bodies breaking, and also they have apparently unlimited mana. So even if they use either esper or magic ability, they won't suffer the side effects, but if ever they still suffer the side effects, it wouldn't be a bother to them since they are immortal.
Shit just got real.
Old 2013-08-17, 00:23   Link #606
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
No, because Himagemi would get the spotlight, so it's impossible.
Old 2013-08-17, 00:34   Link #607
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
No, because Himagemi would get the spotlight, so it's impossible.
she well needs a spotlight, you to make her a little bit more significant

Quote:
Also, I think vampires can become a successful esper-magician hybrid. Since they're immortal they can store a millenia of information in their brains without their bodies breaking, and also they have apparently unlimited mana. So even if they use either esper or magic ability, they won't suffer the side effects, but if ever they still suffer the side effects, it wouldn't be a bother to them since they are immortal.
that would be awesome its like having edo tensei in naruto. but unlike edo tensei if a side effect would be cutting her hands off, it won't be restored, but they are still immortal. they need some kind of instant regeneration

Another Question: How old is Laura Stuart.? she might be you know another Komoe-sensei
Old 2013-08-17, 00:38   Link #608
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Actually, judging from the movie, vampires might not be able to use magic at all.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-08-17, 00:39   Link #609
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Not sure where you are getting that number. Or even that Brun felt it was heavy enough to cause a problem.

Where are you getting that electromasters aren't extremely highly ranked? The highest electromaster is only ranked under the guy with complete control over all vectors and the guy that can create a substance that can't exist. Also aside from the level 5s, I don't remember any instance of them ranking any other people as anything but groups by general power level.

And I'm pretty sure we don't know the technical aspects of what Accel did, so I'm not sure how you can claim to know what all he was effecting. I'm also pretty sure that we are no where close to having the technology to do a similar feat, so offering a scientific explanation for how he did that is meaningless.
>implying the rankings are about their powerlevel and not about their usefulness to Aleister's plan...
Old 2013-08-17, 00:46   Link #610
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
Another Question: How old is Laura Stuart.? she might be you know another Komoe-sensei
For all we know she might be Mary Magdalene herself. And that is an actual possibility
Old 2013-08-17, 01:41   Link #611
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
>implying the rankings are about their powerlevel and not about their usefulness to Aleister's plan...
Try re-reading what I said because I no where implied that. He said electromasters should be ranked higher, I pointed to the only instance of espers being ranked given in the novels and said they are pretty high (specifically 3rd, after listing the powers of the 2 ranked higher). I no where made any mention of how they were ranked whatsoever. I just as much implied it had anything to do with power or usefulness to Aliester as I did they were ranked by sex appeal.

Though can you point me to where in the novel it says that? Because I'm pretty sure that its fan speculation and not specifically stated. Now thats a rather plausible theory because Gunha should be higher if they are ranked on strength alone (though 1-5 do seem to be in order of strength), but I'm still fairly sure the method to their order isn't out right stated.

Last edited by SilverTalon; 2013-08-17 at 01:58.
Old 2013-08-17, 03:07   Link #612
versionf

Quote:
Not sure where you are getting that number.
Quote:
Brunhild Eiktobel had suddenly stopped those movements which contained such monstrous power. Even when Mikoto had magnetized her giant steel sword using a high voltage current so that all sorts of iron objects flew to it, the woman had used brute strength to continue to swing around that mass that had to weigh a dozen tons. But now she froze in place.
Quote:
Or even that Brun felt it was heavy enough to cause a problem.
Okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Actually, judging from the movie, vampires might not be able to use magic at all.
But they were introduced as having infinite magic power, it could be retconned, or Ladylee became immortal and changed her body while vampires are immortal and different from the very beginning. Well, I don't think they will make appearance anyway.
Old 2013-08-17, 03:55   Link #613
SilverTalon

Uh, yup, my bad. Totally forgot that part. Still, if she really thought dropping the sword would be a plus, why wouldn't she have?
Old 2013-08-17, 04:05   Link #614
R.LocK
My turn

Brunhild is slowpoke. C'mon, guys.
Old 2013-08-17, 05:13   Link #615
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
But they were introduced as having infinite magic power, it could be retconned, or Ladylee became immortal and changed her body while vampires are immortal and different from the very beginning. Well, I don't think they will make appearance anyway.
No, it was just a theory by the Magicians that an Immortal Being would have unlimited life source and therefore unlimited mana/magic. It was stated that it's an unproven theory.

So all Ladylee did was to disprove that theory.

Of course, unless it's revealed later that vampires have vampire magic which is why they drink the blood of humans....
Old 2013-08-17, 05:36   Link #616
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Youtube. .. in that place even fanfics where Touma and Index dies and Mikoto fights magicians like Fiamma of the Right and Acqua of the Back as equals are considered canon....

@goldzero
You're so out of place regarding Requiem-X...

Read the OreimoxToaru crossover, btw.

Maybe some people read Flere821's resume and reposted it, everywhere .
just read the novel and it was surprisingly good. loved how mikoto at first was acting all cutesy and shy towards trying to show her love to touma on screen then turns to an assassination situation. i know we all already said this before but i swear kamachi writing has gotten much better that i can easily get suck into the story now without having to read and focus on creating the scenes in my head by doing two different things at the same time.
Old 2013-08-17, 07:30   Link #617
R.LocK
My turn

^Kamachi didn't write that crossover~

So, maybe we'll get a glimpse on Tatemiya's tombstone?
Old 2013-08-17, 10:25   Link #618
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
^Kamachi didn't write that crossover~
Gotta love your denial
Old 2013-08-17, 10:27   Link #619
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was gonna say "you just broke his illusions." :|
Old 2013-08-17, 10:30   Link #620
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
Another Question: How old is Laura Stuart.?
Speaking of Laura, I wonder what happened to her. Last we saw of her, she was going all "keikaku doori" on us.

[Still hoping for NT8 to take place in Britain]
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions