AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-01, 23:11   Link #9061
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

I dont know why but im getting the feeling that the wind steel its not a guy but a girl =
Old 2013-12-01, 23:17   Link #9062
edrey

no again first kote then the god wind, is not funny now

also i think he is mercury, he has wind and steel atribute and he was popular in ancient gaul, no only roman but celtic, frank cultures and more, also it was said he was king not queen
edrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 23:27   Link #9063
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

lancelot is a guy but ended up being a girl in this story =/
but what i find weird is that kote was summoned by artio instead of summoning her son .. and kote is supposed to follow this god .. so is that guy stronger that kote :? or im i confused ?
Old 2013-12-02, 00:08   Link #9064
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

KotE IS Artio's son, in terms of role. They're not actual mother and children, but he has the status of her son in the in-universe myth. That Wind God Guy (for now, I'm calling him MAya since Aya's the Wind God Girl) is just an ally of Artio. KotE's job when summoned is to fight all the Campiones, no matter who the summoner is, so Artio didn't control him, he just happen to have that one obligation and Artio needed him for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezonisdead View Post
Way back Feng suggested that Artus was the KoTE
Huh? No, I suggested that it was the ancient Bear God, the oldest worships recorded in humanity. Someone else also suggested Bartraz and Prometheus. Actually, I think I also suggested the Archangel Michael.

Quote:
Despite reaching this volume count, with the anime's
broadcast already ended as well, let alone falling, the
sales of this series have grown nonstop in the opposite
direction, resulting in a development that contradicts
the industry's norms.
What exactly did that means? Sorry, was just back from math exam and is hungry, brain not at 100%.

Hm, can we get all of the appendix notes translated here or on BT? Would really appreciate them.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 02:37   Link #9065
teejmo

My idea for KotE and the wind god - Gilgamesh and his buddy, Enkidu. Gilgamesh has a lot of parallels with various mythologies, and since the wind god was described as KotE's right hand man, Enkidu matches, though I'm not sure exactly how that explains the wind aspect.
Plus, one of Gilgamesh's nicknames/epithets is "the King".
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 03:01   Link #9066
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Enkidu was made of mud, not wind. I don't really think it's Gilgamesh, his traits doesn't really match that of KotE. There are also many other heroes and Gods called Kings too, in fact, in the Golden Bough it's pretty much said that lots of Sun Gods symbolizes Kings, this isn't mentioning the Sky Gods and all the other Kings who fancied themselves as Gods too. True, his story was called "Surpassing All Other Kings" but I don't think that's enough reason KotE.

It's entirely possible and all, but the reasoning is weak.
Old 2013-12-02, 03:38   Link #9067
teejmo

Like I earlier said about Enkidu, I'm not sure how he exactly relates to the wind aspect. The best I can come up with is that he did take out Humbaba with Gilgamesh using another god's wind.

And for argument's sake, some various traits Gilgamesh has with KotE -
1) One of his most common parallels is with the Greek hero Heracles, who happened to go on a certain trip for a golden fleece. Circe suggested looking at the Argonauts for information concerning KotE.
2) Another common parallel is with a certain king of England whose name derives from a bear, Arthur.
3) The Epic of Gilgamesh happens to be one of the earliest surviving works of literature, and could be considered the granddaddy of all hero epics. That kind of rings a bell with Godou's thoughts about KotE : "It was probably the story of the 'King of the End' that served as the prototype myth for this sort of 'legendary hero's saga'," (epilogue of Volume 15).
4) Enkidu was considered the exact opposite of Gilgamesh, being wild, whereas Gilgamesh was cultured (well, that's according to Wikipedia, which can be taken with a grain of salt). KotE spoke calmly, etc.

Okay, so I may be fitting pieces of the legend of Gilgamesh into what KotE is.
Old 2013-12-02, 03:58   Link #9068
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Arthur was just the mutated story of Artos that Guinevere made up. With Argonauts, it might also be Argo, Jason, and Theseus too. The story of Gilgamesh was pretty unique, I don't remember any other story that's quite the same. That said, he had no element of sword in his story, both figuratively and literally. Enkidu wasn't exactly wild. Well, he was until Shamhat seduced him, then he became the voice of reason to Gilgamesh. If anything, it's Gilgamesh who's wild, though he got some character developments later on. While he's one of the eldest hero, that doesn't make him automatically the prototype of all hero; that would be Nasu's Gilgamesh.

Again, possible, but the reasoning is still flimsy.
Old 2013-12-02, 04:08   Link #9069
teejmo

Yeah, the weapon aspect is my biggest drawback, for both KotE and the wind god. I wish I could provide some type of evidence that could support my theory, but ...
As to reasoning being flimsy, this is Campione! Some of the aspects of what the gods are throughout the series is rather flimsy. I'm sure once the identity of the KotE is given, there'll be quite a few "huh?" moments.

Last edited by teejmo; 2013-12-02 at 04:18.
Old 2013-12-02, 14:11   Link #9070
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
I dont know why but im getting the feeling that the wind steel its not a guy but a girl =
Considering Godou´s misfortune what do you think?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 14:19   Link #9071
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Considering Godou´s misfortune what do you think?.
You mean fortune?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 09:30   Link #9072
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I haven't seen the manga, but according to some sources, two of Voban's other authorities are named and revealed:
Where did you find this information and is there more on the other campiones?

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2013-12-03 at 11:34.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 11:59   Link #9073
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh noes, "The beginning of the end was imminent" -- don't tell me we're approaching the end!?
Old 2013-12-03, 12:16   Link #9074
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oh noes, "The beginning of the end was imminent" -- don't tell me we're approaching the end!?
I would be thinking "About time" if it weren't for the fact that there are still lots of questions and mystery surrounding the world. Like for how the Campione system came to be, what about before it, how does one become an immortal like Plutarch, who forged Divine Sword of Salvation, who is the true "big boss" of the Campione!verse who could give roles to gods like Pandora and Artos, and that's not mentioning the suspicious as hell Pandora.

I'd say, the Artos arc will take at least 3-5 more volumes, then we will either get a new revelation for the story to continue more or start heading towards the ending. Most likely it would take two more arcs after Artos though. At the least, that is.

With that said, I do think that the series has been going for very long. I wish if it was more to the point and shorter. Then having full anime like Shana and Toradora would have been possible. Though it can be annoying how unnecessarily slow and long the story could be sometimes. Instead of making me saying "About time," it's instead making me ask "Just how long this will run?", "Will it be longer than To Aru Majutsu no Index?", and "Will we get a satisfying ending?" The last one because of how many long-running series to not have a satisfying ending (anti-climatic due to length and all) and Arc Fatigue. Can't forget about that last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
Where did you find this information and is there more on the other campiones?
Dunno where zzhk found it but it's either on some other forum or a raw of the notes. And yest, there are infos for the other seven Campiones of the present time, though Aisha's a bit blurry in detail due to spoiler reasons.
Old 2013-12-03, 12:45   Link #9075
Breimoon

pls put new info here, even if in spoiler. Don't know where to find it--> found them, they are on the campionewikia.
aniway i wonder if after the king of the end we will get a prequel about the first campiones instead of more about godou 's adventures.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 02:38   Link #9076
jheno13
Apostle's apprentice

Just wondering did any of you think that the white sword that godou that may obtain be actually be the ArrowHead that stand as equal with Divine Sword of Salvation.

Edit. Before more we may first see the King's ArrowHead

Last edited by jheno13; 2013-12-04 at 02:41. Reason: dont know
jheno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 03:44   Link #9077
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

...what? Anyway, er, dude, arrow. Sword. There's, like, nothing common in that, except in Fate/stay night. Honestly, if you ask me, I think it might be Godou defeating King of the End or him dying, then giving Divine Sword of Salvation to Godou for him to use in the next arc. Just like, you know, what happened with Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi. The Heretic God got defeated, and then stayed dormant and helpful inside the sword while Godou uses it. Or he just died but was able to give it to Godou anyway. I think it's the first one.
Old 2013-12-04, 04:45   Link #9078
jheno13
Apostle's apprentice

So, what is the message?"

"Yes, King Perseus, whom you recall, was recently slain in preparation for when the 'King's Arrowhead' shall enter the battlefield. Please be extra careful."

"Perseus slain!?"

"Indeed. The 'Arrowhead' is the divine child's blade which stands equal to the Divine Sword of Salvation. A blade that shall one day tear you apart and bring forth destruction to the land. For the sake of the soon impending day of battle, please bear this firmly in mind."

The princess bowed her head deeply. Godou expressed understanding.

Indeed, this should be a warning of the "King of the End," the strongest [Steel].

"Very well, I will try my best to remember this, to suddenly beware of a guy whom I've never even seen before. But then again, won't I forget everything in the end once I wake from the dream, just as always?"

Godou's question for confirmation caused the princess to suddenly smile and answer cheerfully.

"Please rest assured. Even if you were to forget the words, your ferocious soul shall never forget any precautions related to battle—Moreover, this applies even more to Kusanagi-sama's words compared to mine."

"So this is really a warning?"

"No, you are simply being informed of a premonition. However, perhaps something unexpected may happen?"

At some point in time, the Princess of Glass had started gazing gently at Godou.

Her word choice also shifted subtly, showing slightly more affection.

"The inevitable encounter with the arriving 'Arrowhead' will undoubtedly prove to be a threat. However, ill fate is not everything it entails. Although it is not a certain goddess' box, when all disasters are over, hope will surely appear."

"Hope huh."

Watching Godou's face as he muttered to himself, the princess nodded.

"Fufu, among all god-slayers in history, your attitude towards power is especially free and unfettered. Perhaps because of that, you might obtain power instead. I—once known in the past as... The Goddess' Daughter, pray for your victorious fortune in battle, Kusanagi-sama!"

This is where my statement originated.

Clearly stated that the arrowhead and the divine sword of salvation are two different blade and the princess told him that he may obtain this as his power maybe godou simply misunderstood it as a warning about k.o.t.e but it may be another god entirely. K.o.t.e need essences of the earth or earth goodness not steel god power then where did perseus, wukong and lancy power go to?

Last edited by jheno13; 2013-12-04 at 04:51. Reason: miss something
jheno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 04:53   Link #9079
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I'm more inclined to Divine Sword of Salvation. True, it has some weight, but it fits the pattern more. In addition to DSoS of being actually white. But eh, maybe, who knows? Though there's always the argument that Godou will gain "A white one to match the black blade." We don't know what white weapon/armament it will be. Though DSoS kind of matched Murakumo better, what's with both having similar skills and aspects in certain parts.
Old 2013-12-04, 06:53   Link #9080
jheno13
Apostle's apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
I'm more inclined to Divine Sword of Salvation. True, it has some weight, but it fits the pattern more. In addition to DSoS of being actually white. But eh, maybe, who knows? Though there's always the argument that Godou will gain "A white one to match the black blade." We don't know what white weapon/armament it will be. Though DSoS kind of matched Murakumo better, what's with both having similar skills and aspects in certain parts.
Dsos if I remember correctly was platinum in color.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem