AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 01:02   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Accel World - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced novel readers only)

This thread is for the experienced Accel World viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Accel World anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel virgin of Accel World, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Speculation & Theories Thread).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-06 at 01:21.
Old 2012-07-13, 20:31   Link #2
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i want to be spoiled someone summarize each volume of accel world in a short/concise way only, thank you!!!
Old 2012-07-13, 22:49   Link #3
novalysis

This is amazing. The accel world Spoiler thread is very empty compared to the Sword Art Online Spoiler thread.

Anyway, I'd also second that request for summaries, or links to them, since Baka Tsuki only goes up Volume 3 (where I do see the material closing onto the emotional climaxes of the best points of SOA).
Old 2012-07-14, 01:00   Link #4
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
This is amazing. The accel world Spoiler thread is very empty compared to the Sword Art Online Spoiler thread.

Anyway, I'd also second that request for summaries, or links to them, since Baka Tsuki only goes up Volume 3 (where I do see the material closing onto the emotional climaxes of the best points of SOA).
What needs to be said is already said in the LN section
Old 2012-07-15, 10:20   Link #5
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Trilead Tetraoxide

I'm reading Volume 7 where this guy shows up in the imperial palace.
1. Never fought anybody before
2. Never left the imperial palace
3. Touched the Infinity and therefore been automatically ported out into the real world
4. Still in the imperial palace

And since you can't get IN the imperial palace without a broken skill like blink, there's only one conclusion. Somehow a member of the imperial family got brain burst installed on him. i.e. prince or crown prince. This is just idle speculation, but I think his identity will never really get explained since it would be really touchy in Japan to include the royal family into your fiction, even a light novel...hence the heavy-handed subtext (but no real explanation)
Old 2012-08-01, 07:58   Link #6
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Mirrors are generally made from a layer of metal stuck to a layer of glass or any other suitable material. If so, would Crow be able to learn Theoretic Mirror by first allowing the light from Metatron to pass through a linker made of that material?
Old 2012-08-15, 05:45   Link #7
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
Mirrors are generally made from a layer of metal stuck to a layer of glass or any other suitable material. If so, would Crow be able to learn Theoretic Mirror by first allowing the light from Metatron to pass through a linker made of that material?
Not quite. In older times, before what we know as "Mirror" was made, people (mostly royalty and nobles) used well polished metals as mirrors.

One of those metals used was silver
Old 2012-08-15, 07:43   Link #8
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Well, I believe the property the Kings had in mind was more in line with the modern day mirrors rather than mirrors of the olden age, since those are definitely better at reflecting light.
Old 2012-08-16, 19:26   Link #9
garf02

Im gonna make summaries from vol 5 to 12, 1 - 4 not cause that will be covered by the anime
Spoiler for Vol 5:
Old 2012-08-17, 13:21   Link #10
churchblue
Banned

Chrome Falcon became Chromium Disaster (by some way), can the same thing happen to Silver Crow?
Old 2012-08-17, 20:07   Link #11
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
Im gonna make summaries from vol 5 to 12, 1 - 4 not cause that will be covered by the anime
Spoiler for Vol 5:
that is great thanks for your time and effort!!! and also can you just put all your summary on that post alone? just edit it and add the summaries on that post alone so that it will still be on front page for easy access to readers

and just a question if i remember right i read some novel readers saying that the Incarnate System power of Black Lotus is the reason why Sky Raker's legs are permanently disabled right? because in episode 19 of Accel World anime, Megumi is shown as burst linker but she can enter Accel World so that means her brain burst program is still on her, im guessing she has amnesia of Accel World and that some Incarnate System power have given her amnesia about Accel World, so i ask is my speculation true? does Megumi just have amnesia of accel world on the light novels?
Old 2012-08-17, 21:30   Link #12
garf02

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
that is great thanks for your time and effort!!! and also can you just put all your summary on that post alone? just edit it and add the summaries on that post alone so that it will still be on front page for easy access to readers

and just a question if i remember right i read some novel readers saying that the Incarnate System power of Black Lotus is the reason why Sky Raker's legs are permanently disabled right? because in episode 19 of Accel World anime, Megumi is shown as burst linker but she can enter Accel World so that means her brain burst program is still on her, im guessing she has amnesia of Accel World and that some Incarnate System power have given her amnesia about Accel World, so i ask is my speculation true? does Megumi just have amnesia of accel world on the light novels?
They Never explained the issue with megumi avatar.. but im gonna read that part again just to be sure

about Lotus, that was more an speculation / mistake/ misunderstanding. I think we dont even know what lotus IS is,, aside from one point where she turn one of her blades into a hand
Old 2012-08-17, 22:11   Link #13
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
They Never explained the issue with megumi avatar.. but im gonna read that part again just to be sure

about Lotus, that was more an speculation / mistake/ misunderstanding. I think we dont even know what lotus IS is,, aside from one point where she turn one of her blades into a hand

Well, anime skips quite some things this episode(Relationship btw Krikin and BL, the strongest name eg...). Regarding Megumi in the novel, she got a warning dialog mentioning she can only do it once when she attached the cable. So most likely, her amnesia was due to uninstalling of BB rather than any IS.
Old 2012-08-18, 01:02   Link #14
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
Well, anime skips quite some things this episode(Relationship btw Krikin and BL, the strongest name eg...). Regarding Megumi in the novel, she got a warning dialog mentioning she can only do it once when she attached the cable. So most likely, her amnesia was due to uninstalling of BB rather than any IS.

Nothing in this thread is making any sense. So, it seems add more nonsense information in to the discussion, especially the fan fiction material. What hack is IS? My guess is Infinite Stratos. It makes sense for the anime's harem potential. Maybe it's basis of fictional item called ISS. The former Student Body president is a girl with bright aura, but she envies Red Rider's unlimited gun production. So, she stole his power. Due to her trickery, she was physically beaten by child burst linker. As the story goes on, she turned this ability into ISS, or it is just a game editor. It's only much more devastating than the chrome disaster. The amnesia makes me wonder. Did Aqua Current discover the system's weakness. She can erase Haruyuki ability during the game. It's more than her water ability allowed.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2012-08-18, 01:47   Link #15
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

IS is just an acronym of light novel readers for Icarnate System (the Will overrides Reality kind of power)

@garf02

thanks and im gonna wait for your summary compilation so no pressure XD
Old 2012-08-18, 03:08   Link #16
garf02

Ok my memory is foggy about the correct timeline of the event in Vol 6, 7 and 8 so Im just gonna list em the best way I could remember em

Spoiler for Vol 6 - 7 - 8:
Old 2012-08-27, 12:04   Link #17
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

I formulated this theory under the assumption SAO and Accel are indeed in the same timeline and what little knowledge I have regarding both.

Spoiler for Theory:
Old 2012-08-27, 12:24   Link #18
Ray
Garnet

Spoilers
Spoiler for ^Reply
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And by the by, this thread is for speculation about the anime, and not the L/Ns. Although.. I can't say I blame you for posting this here instead of in the L/N thread considering it's current state..
Old 2012-08-27, 20:41   Link #19
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for ^Reply
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And by the by, this thread is for speculation about the anime, and not the L/Ns. Although.. I can't say I blame you for posting this here instead of in the L/N thread considering it's current state..
Those "specualtion" are obviously fan made rumors. It's still fun to see people believing those rumors. I'm pretty certain SAO has nothing to do with this work.

Spoiler for more unconvincing rumors around Internet:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2012-08-28, 07:20   Link #20
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
*looks at thread title* Isn't this for L/N?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Those "specualtion" are obviously fan made rumors. It's still fun to see people believing those rumors. I'm pretty certain SAO has nothing to do with this work.

Spoiler for more unconvincing rumors around Internet:
I find that harder to believe.

Spoiler for Reason: