AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-01-30, 14:33   Link #101
ninraven

That scene was in the anime also. Things like that are tough because it depends on the translator, and plus how you take it.

I take it as they view Shanks to be powerful, but wouldn't disrupt the power just because he felt like it.

Personally I think they might have offered him the posistion, but I can see Shanks declining the offer. That's not Shanks goal as far as I can tell. He seems to be out for adventure, and in search of one piece. I don't think the schichibukai care about one piece, though that isn't certain yet.

Hmmm...I just had a thought.

Raftel is where One Piece is, since it's the last island on the grand line. What stands in the way from a pirate who lives in raftel from getting one piece? There has to be either someone protecting it, or it is hidden somewhere.

The Schichibukai are government sponsored pirates, and are used to intimidate other pirates. Maybe that's where some of them are. Either at Raftel or close to raftel.

That would explain why no one has claimed one piece yet, if someone is gaurding it. If the Poneglyphs are guiding Robin to the last island Raftel, perhaps One Piece deals with the missing history or pluton.

That would be reason enough to have the government use pirates to prevent others from claiming it, if like the Poneglyphs, can't be destroyed.

Because for what reason would the government need to work with pirates for? With the way they were being talked about in episode 151 and the chapter you mentioned, they are important to the balance of power.

I don't know, I'm just throwing something out there/thinking out loud.

Quote:
It's a simple matter, the government won't ask the Strawhat pirates to become Shichibukai, that's out of the question. The Government is so sinister that they would take the strawhat pirates out. The government will try to destroy them.
Luffy has already beaten one schichibukai, is probably going to beat the CP9 and has infiltrated enies lobby which has never been. I think if they get too strong it might come down to a "Well if you can't beat them, join them" attitude.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. Luffy wouldn't join anyway.

I think it would be great if Oda pulled a huge fast one over everyone, and when/if Zoro defeats Mihawk, that Zoro takes Mihawks place in the shichibukai. He's already teased Zoro vs Luffy before, like at Whiskey Peak, and was offered a Baroque Work's posistion which he declined unless they made him the boss. So the opportunities have been there before for Zoro to be on the opposite side of Luffy, but fate has led them to this course.

When it comes to Oda, I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibility, especially since the smallest thing that barely gets mentioned turns out to be some huge foreshadowing. The Blackbeard pirates invading drum seemed small at the time, more like an " oh some pirates invaded there and then left, big deal" kind of thing, but that foreshadowed Ace looking for them and so on. Zoro getting offers to an opposistion might be foreshadowing for later.

But I'll stop there since theres no way of knowing until it happens.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 19:42   Link #102
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Well there is more evidence of Shanks already being a member than him not being one. So I will stick with my opinion.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:28   Link #103
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
I will put money that Shanks is already a member of the Shichibukai. Just read the Manga the Gouresei tell it all by their words.

http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav...o&PhotoID=4818
Though we've argued the mattar to death in the past, i kinda just thought of something that i never mentioned before...

aside from the fact that how you interpret the text can mean a number of things, thus making it not very strong... In that scene where the gov't talks of Shanks... now you say that its evidnce that he is a Schihibukai... however, at the same time, they mentioned the issue and then quickly brushed it aside to handle a more important matter, find a new 7th member... However, if Shanks is indeed a Schihibukai, then shouldn't the idea of shanks meeting with whitebeard and leaving the schihbukai be just about as important if not more important then find a 7th member... Personally i'd be more worried about Shanks leaving and becoming an enemy then find a new member... i mean, if Shanks leaves, not only can Shanks be considered a potential and powerful threat, but they will have yet another position they need to fill... they really should look at both matters in equal importance...

You'd think that they would atleast mention him more then then just that one time in their metting... especially mention it to the other schihibukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninraven
Raftel is where One Piece is, since it's the last island on the grand line. What stands in the way from a pirate who lives in raftel from getting one piece? There has to be either someone protecting it, or it is hidden somewhere.
I'm not sure if its actually said in the manga or if its just my assumption, but i think that Raftel is just nearly impossible to reach... my guess is that there is some kind of trick to getting to the last island; like the chances of getting to it by chance are like a million to one; and that there is no curretly existing log pose that goes to the island directly... So there isn't anyone on that island, no marines or pirates... if there was then surely someone would have claimed it by now... perhaps the secret to finding Raftel is in the polyglyphs

Though i wouldn't rule out the idea of their being someone guarding it... like the last loyal follower of Gold Roger... a follower who voluntarily got left behind to guard the treasure or something... One who may not even realize Gold roger is dead

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-01-30 at 20:40.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 23:38   Link #104
Phenomenal
Banned

[QUOTE=Slayerx]Though we've argued the mattar to death in the past, i kinda just thought of something that i never mentioned before...

aside from the fact that how you interpret the text can mean a number of things, thus making it not very strong... In that scene where the gov't talks of Shanks... now you say that its evidnce that he is a Schihibukai... however, at the same time, they mentioned the issue and then quickly brushed it aside to handle a more important matter, find a new 7th member... However, if Shanks is indeed a Schihibukai, then shouldn't the idea of shanks meeting with whitebeard and leaving the schihbukai be just about as important if not more important then find a 7th member... Personally i'd be more worried about Shanks leaving and becoming an enemy then find a new member... i mean, if Shanks leaves, not only can Shanks be considered a potential and powerful threat, but they will have yet another position they need to fill... they really should look at both matters in equal importance...

You'd think that they would atleast mention him more then then just that one time in their metting... especially mention it to the other schihibukai

If you say that simple text meant a number of things your comprehension skills are way off. You read what the Gouresei said about Shanks "IF something were to happen to Red- Hair things will be tough". That is why they will monitor the situation between Shanks and Whitebeard. Also they are not worried about Shanks leaving because the elder said that "He is not a man who would try to change the world under his own will". That is why it is not as important as finding a replacement for Crocodile. Crocodile's Stripped title leaves only "A small Hole" said by one of the Elder's. It is still important to tie up loose ends in one of the three powers of the world.

So answering your questions with the obvious still leaves more evidence that Shanks is in the Shichibukai. While what you said holds no water at all. Their is just more evidence shown that Shanks is involved with the Shichibukai then him not being one at all.
Old 2006-01-31, 00:09   Link #105
EEZP
Shonen Fan

Send a message via AIM to EEZP Send a message via MSN to EEZP Send a message via Yahoo to EEZP
I'm new to One Piece so is the manga/anime still going in Japan. Also I heard that the DaFlamingo guy has a bounty on his head for like 555,000,000 berries. What did he do to get such a high bounty?
EEZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 00:50   Link #106
ninraven

Quote:
I'm not sure if its actually said in the manga or if its just my assumption, but i think that Raftel is just nearly impossible to reach... my guess is that there is some kind of trick to getting to the last island; like the chances of getting to it by chance are like a million to one; and that there is no curretly existing log pose that goes to the island directly... So there isn't anyone on that island, no marines or pirates... if there was then surely someone would have claimed it by now... perhaps the secret to finding Raftel is in the polyglyphs
If it was the hard to find, it would be a myth like sky island was wouldn't it? The island has a name also, not just a vague name like sky island (which is as it is referred to by people who haven't been there).

Maybe the island is just un-inhabitable. Like all the danger of the grand line rolled up into one island.

Quote:
Also I heard that the DaFlamingo guy has a bounty on his head for like 555,000,000 berries. What did he do to get such a high bounty?
I believe his bounty was 340,000,000. Reason is unknown.

Phenomenol is persuading me to believe Shanks probably is a member of the schichibukai. With what we've seen so far, I'm not completely sold but I have nothing to disclaim it either.

That could be the device used to set up a shanks vs luffy fight, who otherwise probably wouldn't.
Old 2006-01-31, 23:35   Link #107
Phenomenal
Banned

Most likely he is a member, but He does not have the hype personality or the Hollywood personality like the Shichibukai pirates.
Old 2006-02-01, 23:04   Link #108
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Shanks isn't a Shichibukai, the Gorousei were worried about him and Whitebeard getting together. Not to mention, he got on Mihawk's case for being a Shichibukai.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 14:26   Link #109
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan
Shanks isn't a Shichibukai, the Gorousei were worried about him and Whitebeard getting together. Not to mention, he got on Mihawk's case for being a Shichibukai.
When did the Gorousei say that they fear an alliance with Whitebeard and Shanks? Also when did Shanks get on Mihawk's case for being a Shichibukai? I hope you are not talking about Episode 45.

You need to read the link above a couple of post and See what the Gorousei have to say about Red- Hair. Their is no evidence that shows that Shanks is not involved with the Shichibukai or the Government.
Old 2006-02-04, 18:21   Link #110
aznxjapboiz

i doubt thanks shanks would be a shichibukai then thats like kind of throwing away the name of being whats called a pirate i mean if u join the shicibukai organization then u officially work for the government and shanks has like his own pride in being a pirate so i doubt he would just like throw that way
aznxjapboiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 06:12   Link #111
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

This matter has been argued way to much.

There is no evidence to support, the claim of Shanks being a Shichbuckai.

SImple as that.

You are simply seeing what isn't there.
People have a tendancy to do that.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 18:15   Link #112
lemondude
"super lemon"

Shanks a Shichbuckai, wat a joke. Shanks is cool and all, but I think a Shichbuckai needs to be strong. Shanks has powerful crew, but I don't think he himself is all that powerful. Maybe whitebeard.
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 04:29   Link #113
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Uh, Whitebeard is his own man, striving to Achieve the same level of Greatness his greatest rival achieved.

Shanks is leader of 1 of the most feared Group of Pirates in the Grandline.
Shanks is a renowned Swordsman. He is amongst the Elite swordsman of the world.

Shanks could easily be a Shichbuckai, he is more then capable.
Old 2006-02-06, 10:53   Link #114
lemondude
"super lemon"

hawk eye can probobly beat him. And there is only room for one swords man in the Shichbuckai.
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 03:52   Link #115
ninraven

I didn't really think about this before but, with Shanks as one of the elite swordsman of the world (or so i am told), think he has been set up to be an opponent of zoro's in the future?

I had mentioned this before...

[quote]I think it would be great if Oda pulled a huge fast one over everyone, and when/if Zoro defeats Mihawk, that Zoro takes Mihawks place in the shichibukai. He's already teased Zoro vs Luffy before, like at Whiskey Peak, and was offered a Baroque Work's posistion which he declined unless they made him the boss. So the opportunities have been there before for Zoro to be on the opposite side of Luffy, but fate has led them to this course.[/b]

Shanks, i believe, is searching for one piece like the rest of the pirates are. They are bound to come into opposistion with the straw hats at some point. Granted I doubt this would happen until close to the end.

But if Shanks was a rival of Mihawks, that means that is someone Zoro must defeat on his way to becomming the worlds greatest swordsman. Problem is, Shanks is Luffy's hero basically. Would he stand in Zoro's way? If so....

http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceManga/...to&PhotoID=141

If Luffy does something to stand in Zoro's way, namely in the case of shanks, I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro left the crew and took either Mihawks place in the schichibukai, or shanks place if he is indeed a member.

I just began thinking about it after thinking of Shanks as a swordsman. Whenever the oppnent is a swordsman, Zoro always tells luffy that he is his opponent. So the same could be said of shanks.

Anyway, don't mind me. Just thinking out loud.
Old 2006-02-14, 07:38   Link #116
zorroc2001

I believe Whitebeard, Red Hair(Shanks) and the Shichibukai are like the situation in the romance of the 3 kingdom with the power balanced thus ensuring the stability in the Grand Line.

Therefore, Whitebeard greater than Red Hair and Red Hair greater than each of the individual Shichibukai.
zorroc2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 08:28   Link #117
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Shanks at most is more poweful then at least 2 or 3 members at most. Mihawk or higher, no chance- he is outmatched in that manner.
Old 2006-02-14, 19:14   Link #118
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I'll just say that we'll see when we'll see. Any comments about the Shikibuchai members we haven't seen much of is a matter of opinion.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 19:52   Link #119
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
I'll just say that we'll see when we'll see. Any comments about the Shikibuchai members we haven't seen much of is a matter of opinion.
THANKYOU NEODRAG!!!! GREAT ANSWER!!!!

Now that makes me happy that finally someone knows what's up.

I am dissapointed in you MihawkXGP for making such a groundless statement about Shanks and the Shichibukai.
Old 2006-04-25, 06:43   Link #120
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Dragon a Shichibukai :o

I have had some rumors saying that dragon is one of the The Seven Warlords of the Sea (shichibukai) well i been thinking about it and the possibility of him being one of them are really high since the one's introduced so far are all animal related in some way, i dont see why he wouldn't fit the catalogue since he is really strong and the marines dont seem to go after him coz maybe he might be protected my the world government....well i'm just curious, i hope any of you got any ideas

so far these are the current shichibukai's

Dracule "Hawkeye" Mihawk (Hawk)
Donquixote Doflamingo (Flamingo)
Bartholemew Kuma (Bear)
Jimbei (Whale Shark)