AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-06, 15:07   Link #121
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Besides the comedy though, there are other memorable scenes too. The ____ scene between Haruhi and Kyon in the lockdown dimension at the end of volume 1 was like "kya~~>ヮ<". For a tsundere, Haruhi's dere comes only once in a blue moon, but that's what makes it so good. So Kyoani, don't screw that scene up.
I(we) NEED the monologue for that scene! Please production team, don't skip the monologues (especially that scene)...

"No! NO!!! Why ME!!! I object! I object!!! Ahhhhggg...."

And then Kyon ______ Haruhi....

hehehe indeed, one of the favourite scenes in the story XD
We never knew Kyon had it in him muhahaha

Anyway there are a few things that I didn't expect in episode 1.

Those product placements. I knew there are a few, but I never imagined them to be that blatant. They bring smiles to my face :^D.

And the "A Suzumiya Haruhi film" at the beginning- indeed.

Too bad we didn't see Yuki ___ Mikuru in the battle scene, and we didn't see the hidden parts during the filming, namely
Spoiler:

Old 2006-04-06, 15:09   Link #122
Deiwos
Tatakau Waitress

Send a message via MSN to Deiwos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I liked how Mikuru stuffed the pay envelope into her top, then bowed and bumped her face on it.
Heh, I thought that she snooze in the half way, and then, repeated the ~shitsureishimasu~ sentence.
That was cute.

Last edited by Deiwos; 2006-04-06 at 16:28.
Deiwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 16:12   Link #123
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Very unique 1st episode.
Definitely another show I'll be catching.

I did some heavy editing of Haruhi twirling her finger in the ending and made it into avatars.
Spoiler for WARNING: Hypnotic Effect!:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 18:50   Link #124
froinlaven
Wanchu!

This first episode was pretty cool for those who "got" it. It looks like this'll be one of the anime to watch this season. I hope there'll be more eye beams in the upcoming episodes! Full Impressions.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 20:28   Link #125
Kyousuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
This one still is not that big quality but a bit better and... complete (I put together 3 sequence )

http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/6...hi01mix2nm.gif

and I add a variante of previous one

Can you do those with a normal border?

Spoiler for Warning: 10 MB:
Kyousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 20:43   Link #126
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I believe that any anime that has Daisuke Ono is a must watch, what after his amazing work as Yukito in Air.. anyway..

I'll have to admit i wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if i didn't know it was a movie recording, though i believe you can tell that just by the OP for the movie.

Its been said a lot of times already in the thread, but it really was funny stuff, mainly thanks to the Narrator Kyon (Tomokazu Sugita).. yes, its great to hear Rin again.

I'm looking forward to where this show can go, and also for the OP/ED/OST! =D

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-04-06 at 21:23.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 20:50   Link #127
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Now, I may be out of the loop, but is the purpose of this show to be as stereotypically bad as it can possibly be in a parody way? Because that's what it seems like to me. It was pretty funny though, in an awful way :P.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 21:15   Link #128
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Beam Attack!
Spoiler:

edit: Sorry, wasn't intending to disrupt the thread. I was imagining it more as an image macro than a Avatar, to be honest.

Last edited by DannoHung; 2006-04-06 at 21:50.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 21:17   Link #129
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Those are the kind of special effects that would give some of the original Godzilla movie's a run for there money.
Old 2006-04-06, 21:27   Link #130
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Personally, they remind me of a Wes Anderson film for some reason.

I half expect Bill Murray to pop in a scene and say, "For relaxing times, make it Suntory time." Then dive into a lake and start screaming about unusual dorsal patterns.
Old 2006-04-06, 21:34   Link #131
lavielove

DannoHung, that's quite big . we all like this show, such a big ad is not necessary, don't you think ?
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 21:37   Link #132
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Interestingly enough, I (Film club) did a sketch very much like that scene by the lake. Took nearly 15 takes to get the zombified extras to stop laughing and take it seriously XD

And after watching Tsuruyu's scene where she breaks down laughing, I couldn't help but roll on the floor and laughed along ^^;; Ah.. the memories..
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 21:52   Link #133
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Interestingly enough, I (Film club) did a sketch very much like that scene by the lake. Took nearly 15 takes to get the zombified extras to stop laughing and take it seriously XD

And after watching Tsuruyu's scene where she breaks down laughing, I couldn't help but roll on the floor and laughed along ^^;; Ah.. the memories..
Totally. It reminds me of the videos me and my crackhead friends used to produce for our Spanish class.

The best one was where we were using an inflatable raft and one of the guys decided to take the cap keeping the air inside of it off.

Suffice to say, someone ended up very wet and very seaweed covered.
Old 2006-04-06, 22:00   Link #134
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
"No! NO!!! Why ME!!! I object! I object!!! Ahhhhggg...."
The way I see it, it was more of a "ugh... this is original... uh, I mean, I can't believe I have to do this..." thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
We never knew Kyon had it in him muhahaha
It was either that, or certain destruction.

Spoiler for Kyon's best attempt at sweet talk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
edit: Sorry, wasn't intending to disrupt the thread. I was imagining it more as an image macro than a Avatar, to be honest.
Yours is fine, the problematic one is Kyousuke's 10MB gif.

Putting them in spoilers doesn't stop them from loading. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Tsuruyu's scene where she breaks down laughing, I couldn't help but roll on the floor and laughed along ^^;;
Yeah, when she bursts out laughing you can't help but laugh too.

By the way

x Tsuruyu
o Tsuruya
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 01:53   Link #135
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Are there scanlations/translated manga available for purchase? I saw some links to the Japanese books earlier in the thread, but those wouldn't do me any good.
Old 2006-04-07, 01:53   Link #136
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

o.. my... god... this was funny.

If the ending credits dance animation is ANY indication of the animation quality of the "real life" episodes (outside of the silly highschool filmmaking that skewered so much anime) -- I'm in... even if the plot sucks 14 day old eggs left in the sun.
But I don't think it will...

boy that brought back memories of my high school German language class movie project ... we did a parody (3 stooges style) of the Third Reich giving a "everything is a-ok" news conference as Allied tanks were roaring by in the background and bombs dropped on us.

We've always seemed to think the Iraqi information minister saw that vintage film
Old 2006-04-07, 04:04   Link #137
Julius Firefocht

This first episode ranks right up there with Pani Poni Dash in terms of randomness!

Nevertheless, it's quite well done, even if it wiped out half my brain in the process. I am looking forward to the second episode.

And yeah, the dance animation at the end was really good. I do think they used some sort of 2D motion tracing technique. The animation is so fluid!
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 04:15   Link #138
wao
OK.

The ending animation felt more like tons of smooth in-betweens with somewhat detailed movement, more than motiontracing (rotoscoping?). They did a good job making sure the face moves slowly while the character does a motion so that it looks more eye-catching. But rotoscoped things have a bit more movement, than that, I think (you'd see the hair and stuff move a bit more).

But I'm not an animator or anything like that so I can't really say for sure...
Old 2006-04-07, 04:25   Link #139
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht
And yeah, the dance animation at the end was really good. I do think they used some sort of 2D motion tracing technique. The animation is so fluid!
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20060406#p3
http://8208.teacup.com/kanku/bbs

So it seems like no motion capture or 3D techniques were used at all, they really did draw all that manually. What tyranny, Kyoani (praise).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 04:38   Link #140
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

wow, i was thinking eh whats going on here, but then i realised, a student made movie quite well done i thought =D

Very funny and cute, im definatly gonna be watching this, i also admit to watching the ending about 5 times, the dance scenes did look very smooth.
Plenty of different chars, with different personalities, hopefully it will keep its comedy and not have any serious plot.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen