AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 69 48.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 37.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 10.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.40%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.70%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-16, 22:49   Link #161
Seiryuu

You forgot to mention college students. In college, particularly in a guys' dorm, you're lucky if you can get to sleep at 2AM when you have an 8AM test. I speak from experience. There are some people who are "normally" incapable of sleeping before midnight. This is particularly true when one of your roommates goes insane if up past midnight and another finds it entertaining to keep the former up until 5.
That said, back to the show: I don't think I've ever heard such a thorough explanation of "tsundere". Now I sort of wonder what new names people are coming up with for Kagami's jekyll/hyde persona since the favored term has been so adamantly rejected. Frankly, I don't think much of her behavior since the LoliBaba shows such an extreme rendition of much the same bipolar insanity.
Old 2007-06-17, 01:20   Link #162
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
You forgot to mention college students. In college, particularly in a guys' dorm, you're lucky if you can get to sleep at 2AM when you have an 8AM test. I speak from experience. There are some people who are "normally" incapable of sleeping before midnight. This is particularly true when one of your roommates goes insane if up past midnight and another finds it entertaining to keep the former up until 5.
No kidding. My roommate in college last year never went to bed before 2 or 3 AM, regardless of when his classes were the next day. On weekends, he'd wake up at 2 or 3 PM, and have only one meal the entire day. And he liked to practice his trumpet in our room late at night...
Old 2007-06-17, 01:40   Link #163
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
No kidding. My roommate in college last year never went to bed before 2 or 3 AM, regardless of when his classes were the next day. On weekends, he'd wake up at 2 or 3 PM, and have only one meal the entire day. And he liked to practice his trumpet in our room late at night...
I go to bed sometime between 4 AM and 6 AM usually. I like late nights with noone around to bother me, like tonight.
Old 2007-06-17, 18:44   Link #164
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Just watched EP10... holy crap...

Spoiler for About the ED:

And I totally agree with Sabastian-san's Lucky Channel comments. Rise up, Citizens and defend Otaku terminology!
Old 2007-06-17, 20:48   Link #165
Seiryuu

I've been wondering something. I can understand highschool girls talking about food, boys, class, clothes, etc., but do they really talk that much about odors? It seems like every day they have at least one discussion about some serious stench, often while cracking up. I thought that was more along the lines of stuff highschool guys would talk about. Maybe it's just saying something about this particular bunch...?
Old 2007-06-17, 22:15   Link #166
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, the "coming in at the last part of a conversation" so you never know WHAT stinks exactly is a "running gag".
Old 2007-06-19, 15:39   Link #167
Seiryuu

I sort of figured it was a running gag along those lines. I just thought it odd because I wouldn't think girls would go back so frequently with such humor to the subject of something that smells so bad.
Old 2007-06-21, 18:25   Link #168
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

i need that green haired girl from the OP~~
Old 2007-06-22, 15:48   Link #169
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hey I happen to be browsing a few Japanese sites for LS merchendise I saw this site. The hot blooded anime sellers are the mascots!!

The Spikey haired guy is Techno

The cyan haired girl is Rami

http://www.animate-shop.jp/
Old 2007-06-23, 17:09   Link #170
krln99

Excellent episode. I was ecstatic when they did "I'm Proud" as the Ed, although it does make me feel a bit old when she said she used to listen to this in pre-school. Jeez, I listened to it in college! And it really is a hard song to sing.
Old 2007-07-09, 18:11   Link #171
Psycho Power J
Taking in Life's hits

Does anyone how to do all those symbols Tsukasa entered?
Old 2007-07-09, 18:27   Link #172
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It depends on your phone model .... mine does a few emoticons but I think those are mostly 'japanese cellphones sold in japan' offerings... and some of them may be only offered if you contract your soul to Cthulhu for all I know.

I have this feeling that Tsukasa visits parts of the cellphone menu system that even the designers aren't aware of...

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-09-13 at 10:12.
Old 2007-09-01, 16:10   Link #173
That was embarrasing...

Little necroposting here.. But I think that this is for a good reason. I have just found this on the Internet http://www.alphatrance.com/0engine/music/anime/ and I wanted you to check out the Lucky star song version made by Josh. Specially one, the version of "I'm proud" (which is the ending of the chapter 10, that's why I am posting here this) which I have heard and after episode 21 I just want more Kagami knowledge. Can someone post a translation of the full song (Kagami's version)? What do you think about the midi's? Will some of you upload their piano vids on youtube? X3 Thanks!!!!
Old 2007-09-02, 17:36   Link #174
darksider

I don't care about the thread necromancy thing at all, because we probably need more discussion on each episode in the future, and unfortunately there are too few threads (and even fewer active threads) for it to be an annoyance here in this forum.
But I thought this topic fits better in the music discussion thread. Maybe we'd better move there later?

Okay, back to the topic.
My perception on the song is that it's just another sweet-sounding but unnotable and disposable j-pop, which just sold well but nothing other than that.
I dislike songs of this kind, and I don't feel like translating it at all, so I don't.

By the way, this song was released during the height of the karaoke boom in Japan, and it was, so to speak, a little bit of social status then (especially among young people) if you can sing very difficult songs, and thus more difficult songs like this were much popular.
It's like the polar opposite of Valentine Kiss, which Tsukasa sang, If I say.

Kagami wanted to sing this one, because she thought it is just another innocuous song to sing, or unlike Konata, she just wanted to look cool rather than enjoy songs herself?

EDIT: I thoughtlessly said 'unfortunately' at first, but doesn't it indicate this forum is very well maintained and ordered to serve its original purpose nicely?

Last edited by darksider; 2007-09-02 at 21:33.
Old 2007-09-02, 17:47   Link #175
That was embarrasing...

Thanks very much for the explanation! I would never have thought of this that way X3. I guess Kagami is much more similar to me than I first thought (trying to be the best and show this to her friends XD).
Old 2007-09-10, 08:26   Link #176
0engine
燃え burning!

I've got a question about the ending song...

In both the TV-size and full versions of 'I'm proud', Kagami's voice breaks at the end... if I understand correctly, it's just because she couldn't handle the high notes? (I thought it was because it's a lonely song and it made her cry ;_; Guess I'll have to take back the 10 million moe points she got from me for that, then)

BTW, thanks for the link to my site, 723
Old 2007-09-10, 08:44   Link #177
That was embarrasing...

I don't personally think it is for the song being sad. It looks like she couldn't reach the highest notes. Furthermor, Kagami wouldn't show her feelings while singing a song. Not, if someone like Konata who would torture her for that forever, was watching her.

But it would be nice. If that was the case, she would have those 10 million moe points you talk about.

PD: I love your web, your videos and your midis. Keep up the good work, please!
Old 2007-09-12, 13:49   Link #178
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 723 View Post
I don't personally think it is for the song being sad. It looks like she couldn't reach the highest notes. Furthermor, Kagami wouldn't show her feelings while singing a song. Not, if someone like Konata who would torture her for that forever, was watching her.

Well check out the Music Video thread, I've posted the original MV of "I'm Proud" by Kahala Tomomi. I was a big fan of hers back in the 90's so I know this song pretty well. Tomo-chan is known for her inhuman high notes, and most person on the planet can't sing her songs like her. The joke here is that most girls back in the 90's did the exact same thing while singing Ms. Kahala's Komuro songs, is that they would down the key mid-song so they won't sound like Kagami did. I was dying with laughter when I heard that, because I've seen it done many, many times in real life. Search in youtube for Kahala Tomomi and you'll see what I mean.

The song was not a sad song... it was rather an up-lifting song and became an anthem for the Office Ladies in the 90's; I doubt Kagami was singing it in that manner... she WAS probably sad for trying and failing to sing a Komuro Family song... but not sad because of the song itself. Komuro Tetsuya rarely write really sad songs.
Old 2007-09-12, 15:06   Link #179
That was embarrasing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Well check out the Music Video thread, I've posted the original MV of "I'm Proud" by Kahala Tomomi. I was a big fan of hers back in the 90's so I know this song pretty well. Tomo-chan is known for her inhuman high notes, and most person on the planet can't sing her songs like her. The joke here is that most girls back in the 90's did the exact same thing while singing Ms. Kahala's Komuro songs, is that they would down the key mid-song so they won't sound like Kagami did. I was dying with laughter when I heard that, because I've seen it done many, many times in real life. Search in youtube for Kahala Tomomi and you'll see what I mean.

The song was not a sad song... it was rather an up-lifting song and became an anthem for the Office Ladies in the 90's; I doubt Kagami was singing it in that manner... she WAS probably sad for trying and failing to sing a Komuro Family song... but not sad because of the song itself. Komuro Tetsuya rarely write really sad songs.
And AVPlaya solves all our doubts! xD I have seen the videos and I know what you mean now. Thanks for the explanation again. It is said several times that Kagamin is really competitive and wants to do better than the others always (ep 23, for example). But, she doesn't realize her own limits sometimes, leaving us these precious "moe" moments!!

Thanks for the explanation again!
Old 2007-09-12, 19:42   Link #180
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 723 View Post
And AVPlaya solves all our doubts! xD I have seen the videos and I know what you mean now. Thanks for the explanation again. It is said several times that Kagamin is really competitive and wants to do better than the others always (ep 23, for example). But, she doesn't realize her own limits sometimes, leaving us these precious "moe" moments!!

Thanks for the explanation again!
You are very welcome. If you're really want to hear more of Tom-chan's songs, you can search for her last BEST album, kahala compilation, which contains all the song made her "Japan's Cinderella" in the mid to late 90's. Her boy friend was the Super Producer of the time, Komuro Tetsuya (he single handedly made Amuro Namie), and he wrote all her songs. While I liked I'm proud, my favorite will always be I BELIEVE and Hate tell a Lie. Good thing Kagami didn't try to sing "save your dream"... talk about freaky Kahala vocals.

Tell you the truth, this is the ED song which prompted me to want to start writing the cultural reference posts. This anime hits too close to home for me sometimes, and I just feel I need to give something back.
Closed Thread