AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-22, 18:17   Link #1341
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Eva-b: "Just give up and die, DEEN! You'll never be able to portray my evilness!"

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-07-22 at 18:41.
Old 2009-07-22, 18:34   Link #1342
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Eva-b: "Just give up and die, DEEN! You'll neer be able to portray my evilness!"
well I think that's true xD this episode Maria was supposed to be creepy and I just laughed overall

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-22, 18:46   Link #1343
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
well I think that's true xD this episode Maria was supposed to be creepy and I just laughed overall
L5!Battler, freaky!Maria, and ep4!Kumasawa made Umineko look like a murder-comedy series. Is that possible?
Old 2009-07-22, 18:51   Link #1344
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
L5!Battler, freaky!Maria, and ep4!Kumasawa made Umineko look like a murder-comedy series. Is that possible?
seems like it is... I don't know how but DEEN made it possible D: at least we can say the umineko anime is 'one of a kind'

Old 2009-07-22, 18:57   Link #1345
MarthX

Maria's faces are just as crazy in the manga.
Old 2009-07-22, 19:04   Link #1346
Kitsu
The unlucky one

But in the manga they seem... i like them better there for some reason. (the same with Higurashi). I think in the manga Maria is just awesome
Old 2009-07-22, 19:05   Link #1347
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Maria's faces are just as crazy in the manga.
And Battler is afraid of his shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
But in the manga they seem... i like them better there for some reason. (the same with Higurashi). I think in the manga Maria is just awesome
Manga faces are horrible and exaggerated... Anime ones are far better. Same with Higurashi... Evil Oishi shocked me.
Old 2009-07-22, 19:06   Link #1348
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Maria's expressions in the manga weren't anything better either: she looked so distorded at some points it was hard to think she didn't need a plastic surgeon all the time to have such faces.
However, at the very least she does look deranged (albeit still ridiculous to so many levels). In episode 1-4, it was however totally stupid: not even creepy, she just had large eyes with comical expressions.

and to make things worse, we have a cartoon-ish bump sound when Battler hits her *OTZ*
Old 2009-07-22, 19:07   Link #1349
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpit View Post
As I said, this was my initial hope, but seeing the pace of the latest episodes and the new episode titles that hope has already been lost =P
Honestly? EP3 isn't SO good that I'd want to see 12 episodes of it (at the expense of EP4). It has its neat points, but that's way excessive.
Old 2009-07-22, 19:20   Link #1350
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Maria's expressions in the manga weren't anything better either: she looked so distorded at some points it was hard to think she didn't need a plastic surgeon all the time to have such faces.
However, at the very least she does look deranged (albeit still ridiculous to so many levels). In episode 1-4, it was however totally stupid: not even creepy, she just had large eyes with comical expressions.

and to make things worse, we have a cartoon-ish bump sound when Battler hits her *OTZ*
yeah Klash is totally right this time: Maria's faces are just completely exaggerated even in the manga... and this episode, it was just comical... I had to laugh each time I looked at her... which in itself is not funny

Old 2009-07-22, 19:23   Link #1351
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
i like them better there for some reason.
See guys, I can't pinpoint hy I like the manga expressions better. It's most likely because the manga has a better mood, IMO
Old 2009-07-22, 20:10   Link #1352
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

So if there if II-V is "accept", this would mean we get a 5-5-7-9 or 5-5-8-8 format doesn't it?
Old 2009-07-22, 20:12   Link #1353
Kitsu
The unlucky one

But in the end Battler doesn't accept it and starts fighting back again so i still hope for

5-6-7-8

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-07-22 at 20:30.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:23   Link #1354
Marion
The Great Dine

That sounds odd though. The idea is that Battler 'accepts' Beatrice. He fights back during the tea party, after seeing Rosa being tortured by food made from her siblings.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:33   Link #1355
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
But somehow I still don't get one small details.

Many people say 'Every episode was too cut up, too incoherent, too much stuff missing....just wrong' but at the same time many people here say 'We don't need more than 5 episodes for Episode 2/6-7 episodes for Episode 3'.
Somehow that doesn't seem very logical for me, so either, people should stop complaining about the 'rushed feeling' or they should start admitting we need more episodes.....but well maybe that's only a feeling I have got.

Apart from that, concerning the new episode, I found Marias facial expressions much more bearable than what is going on in the Manga...especially Turn of the Golden Witch starts bordering somewhere near ridiculous.
In the latest chapter Maria looks more like the deranged dwarf from Don't Look Now than a littel 9 year old girl...
The 'Legend' manga doesn't hold up that much better, it only has a drawing style that is more reminiscent of the game-art and therefore a bit less strange. Normally I'm all in regarding overdramatization...but it's starting to be a bit to much on Maria.
What are they planning to do for Episode 4? Ask Ito Junji to draw the manga and make Maria's face during the 'disposing of mama' scene a whirlpool of madness, with little demons dancing in the wrinkles on her face?!

Well I know for many people there are things that 'Manga are allowed and Anime not', that's just not my way of thinking and I should maybe just shut up...but please, this whole 'Oh, we hate Anime-Maria so much, because she is so not like VN-Maria...' (which we don't know because she has like 3 Sprites in Episode 1) is going a bit too far I think....it feels like the whole board is not about Umineko anymore but about hating Anime-Maria.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:37   Link #1356
Marion
The Great Dine

:u Personally I don't think EP 1 episodes are too rushed. The first two episodes are, but then it slows down enough. But k//eternal is right - I wouldn't want 12 episodes for EP 3 XD

I hope that new viewers will get a feeling for the characters within the next couple arcs though. Rosa, Kanon and Shannon will probably garner more sympathy and love next arc. While when EP 3 comes around everyone will probably hate Eva more |D -shot-
Old 2009-07-22, 20:39   Link #1357
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
Many people say 'Every episode was too cut up, too incoherent, too much stuff missing....just wrong' but at the same time many people here say 'We don't need more than 5 episodes for Episode 2/6-7 episodes for Episode 3'.
Somehow that doesn't seem very logical for me, so either, people should stop complaining about the 'rushed feeling' or they should start admitting we need more episodes.....but well maybe that's only a feeling I have got.
People that complain about the pace, and those for the number of episodes are generally not the same. Well I certainly don't think that way.
However, there isn't any contradiction here: you can reduce the time allowed for another episode, but keeping the transitions and the pace for episode 1.
If it is way too long winded for the rest of the episodes, balance is what it needs.

I personally believe it wouldn't be a luxury though sacrificing Episode 1 that way was not the smartest move either.
Quote:
Well I know for many people there are things that 'Manga are allowed and Anime not', that's just not my way of thinking and I should maybe just shut up...but please, this whole 'Oh, we hate Anime-Maria so much, because she is so not like VN-Maria...' (which we don't know because she has like 3 Sprites in Episode 1) is going a bit too far I think....it feels like the whole board is not about Umineko anymore but about hating Anime-Maria.
As far as I know, I don't even think anyone claimed Manga Maria was anything better (distorsion is a understatement here).
I believe the problem in Episode 1-4 is rather how comical she was.
Sure she was overdramatized in the other episodes too, however, there is a stark difference here: in the previous episodes, Maria was exaggeratedly shown as "menacing" and "witch" like. However, in this episode, she is basically having TOONS eyes etc.

And trust me, I don't think it is about comparing Maria and the VN (they are the SAME in behaviour, and we don't see any specific tati he for her), however, the anime itself shows a very ridiculous light to her. That's what I think that said.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-07-22 at 20:52.
Old 2009-07-22, 20:57   Link #1358
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I'm actually "fine" with the cuts, okay when you first watch it you are dissapointed, but that's natural. Somethings were left out and therefor were confusing (see: Why the heck is Jessica coughing...and why do they ignore her! She needs help o.O a sentence explanation could have been said, right?) They had to cut and must be fast paced you just need to get used to it at first. And I think most of us will.

Like I said...the onyl reason I like Maga-Maria better is because the mood in the whole seems to "suit"(?) me better. Of course her mouth is way to big, sometimes I've got the feeling she could have eaten a the seagulls in one bite with it. And I think no one of use hates Anime-Maria we just found some of her faces in this episode a bit funny.
Old 2009-07-22, 22:00   Link #1359
Ttak

Hmm one thing about this last episode: I believe I heard clearly Maria singing something about "sakutaro" on her scene with the 3 last deads.
Probably another hint/spoiler Deen is giving ^^
Old 2009-07-22, 22:32   Link #1360
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Yeah, she did say Sakutaro. I thought she said sakura, but it's amazing when I heard it.
Closed Thread