AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2007-12-16, 07:13   Link #81
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
and now i have a dilema on my hands
i got the game to run but if i play it i spoil the plot of the show
and clannad is the one show of the season that im actually following
its the only thing keeping me going during the week
anyone who played the game and is watching the show and cares to give advice
i would really welcome it
Old 2007-12-16, 07:30   Link #82
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and now i have a dilema on my hands
i got the game to run but if i play it i spoil the plot of the show
and clannad is the one show of the season that im actually following
its the only thing keeping me going during the week
anyone who played the game and is watching the show and cares to give advice
i would really welcome it
Think about it this way...if you follow the show instead, don't you spoil the game?

I haven't started the game yet (installed, no patch as of now), but just some food for thought.

Last edited by tripperazn; 2007-12-16 at 07:53.
tripperazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 07:35   Link #83
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It really depends how people enjoy either th game or anime actually.
That aside, the "problem" here is the fact the anime will be obviously faster than the game, and the later is pretty long (I played Misae's route only so far, but it is really big, despite i could read it is the shortest route in the game).

In such case, it would be actually better to finish the anime first, as you would probably still have things to discover in the game (skipped points etc). The reversed way works only as "enjoy to see the major plot points being animated, and how the script is adapted", as I believe everything in the anime is already in the game.

Another possibility is to actually play the "secondary character" paths first, though we still don't have a guarantee of how the anime will end (as it might turn into more than 1 season...)
Old 2007-12-16, 08:16   Link #84
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
It really depends how people enjoy either th game or anime actually.
That aside, the "problem" here is the fact the anime will be obviously faster than the game, and the later is pretty long (I played Misae's route only so far, but it is really big, despite i could read it is the shortest route in the game).

In such case, it would be actually better to finish the anime first, as you would probably still have things to discover in the game (skipped points etc). The reversed way works only as "enjoy to see the major plot points being animated, and how the script is adapted", as I believe everything in the anime is already in the game.

Another possibility is to actually play the "secondary character" paths first, though we still don't have a guarantee of how the anime will end (as it might turn into more than 1 season...)
doubt about 2nd season since kyo-ani will have more importent things to do (haruhi) so thats not likely
at least not in the near future
but what do you mean the misae's route
isnt that like saying sayuri's or akiko's route
i mean isnt she a side character
how can she have a route
Old 2007-12-16, 08:48   Link #85
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
doubt about 2nd season since kyo-ani will have more importent things to do (haruhi) so thats not likely
how can she have a route
All of the side characters have extensive backstories, there is enough text there to call each of them an "arc". Obviously, it's not a romantic relationship, but there is still a lot of character development.

Clannad is a huge game (mine is 2.7 GB), now you know why. The side character arcs probably take up a lot of unique CGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That aside, the "problem" here is the fact the anime will be obviously faster than the game, and the later is pretty long
I think it really depends on how much time you want to devote to the visual novel. Clannad (TV) is going on a one month hiatus soon and will probably end around April 2008. Will you finish in 5 months? If there is no second season that is.
Old 2007-12-16, 08:51   Link #86
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
how can she have a route
KyoAni might do a 2nd season of Clannad after Haruhi, which is already under contract and development.

And unlike Kanon, Clannad has routes for the side characters as well, so you do get to know pretty much everyone.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 08:52   Link #87
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness
how can she have a route
If you know how long CLANNAD game is, you probably will have second thoughts on that, anyway, we're at Eps. 12, and the only finished arc is Fuuko... I can see them fitting the Tomoya's school life with the girls in a 24 eps. but including the after story? I don't think so. The chance is, a 24 eps then a break, then the continuation which can fit in a 6 to 12 eps. But that's just my opinion. And yes, they have they're own stories which can possibly be an entire episode. Specially, I think the transition from school life to after story will look weird if they decide to do it 24eps.
dgreater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 10:55   Link #88
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Yeah it depends how many of the arcs Kyo-Ani are planning on doing, with the 24 epsiodes planned and only Fuuko's arc is finished and almost half way through, unless there gonna leave some peoples arcs out, such as Misae's, which i can see them doing.

I would love to see a second season and doing the other arcs that might be left out but to be honest i can't see it, but you never know.
Takuto19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 11:46   Link #89
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Personally I think I'll wait for baka tsuki final release. Everyone over there has put so mcuh effort towards it, that I think it is only respectful to wait for what they consider is the final release.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 11:58   Link #90
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Spoiler for Possible eps. count of the arcs:

Also, CLANNAD script story > AIR+KANON combined. I think the ratio is 5:4,

assuming we remove the side character's stories... the ratio will be 1:1 which is still big because we're talking about a script that equal's AIR+KANON combined.

Which reminds me... shouldn't this discussion be in the speculation thread?
dgreater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 12:44   Link #91
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Personally I think I'll wait for baka tsuki final release. Everyone over there has put so mcuh effort towards it, that I think it is only respectful to wait for what they consider is the final release.
I agree, i tested abit of the game with that translation patch and there's still alot thats not been translated in it, such as the Interludes between some days and the opening isn't done either. As well with the option screen and everything.

I'l just wait for Baka-Tsuki's release too, there's will be great when it's done.
Takuto19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 12:53   Link #92
GyroidFanatic

I'm meeting them half-way and going to the wiki to correct any errors I spot along the way.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 13:09   Link #93
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Hold on, isn't there a possibility that KyoAni will show both Haruhi and Clannad at the same time?
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 13:21   Link #94
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess many world prefer that they mantain their 1 show per season approach. Most companies that try to cover too much end up scattering their budget beyond what is convenient. Moreover, KyoAni's so-called animation prowess is partly because they endevour themselves to a single show per season.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 14:15   Link #95
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

wait
is nagisa's after arc as long as tomoyo's after arc

ps (forgot to ask)
does anyone know of any translation project for tomoyo after

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2007-12-17 at 16:15.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 21:38   Link #96
Laiwak

Wait so, Baka-tsuki is only going to release a patch for CLANNAD non voice? Or are they still deciding whether they are going to or not?
Laiwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:27   Link #97
shikimaru118

hey guys i am extremely excited about this but i have had no luck in finding a working version of this game if someone can point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.
shikimaru118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 03:29   Link #98
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

I'll point you in the general direction: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...?title=Clannad
Old 2007-12-18, 03:37   Link #99
shikimaru118

well it looks like your general direction isn't making any since to me as of now but if you could point me to either a dl site or give a little better hint than that i might be able to find it since i am running on almost no sleep for about 35 hours now.
shikimaru118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 12:14   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikimaru118 View Post
well it looks like your general direction isn't making any since to me as of now but if you could point me to either a dl site or give a little better hint than that i might be able to find it since i am running on almost no sleep for about 35 hours now.
You won't find a link to download CLANNAD here. Why don't you do the right thing, and actually buy a copy.

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...roducts_id/200

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation