AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-11-02, 23:22   Link #141
adrianmak

I have a one more question.
If you watch carefully , say frame by frame
the first romji "KEITAI DEKA" is rotating in Y-axis

How to do it in AFX ? I know it is a simple operation but I' a AFX newbie actually.
adrianmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 02:14   Link #142
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
I know you're asking for afx solution, but for something as simple as that, why not create the background white blur thing with afx, and put the text using ASS, using \frx90\t(\frx0) ?
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 07:09   Link #143
Devastator

Otherwise, if you insist on using AFX, the Tilt property of Basic 3D (starting from a negative angle) can do that.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 18:02   Link #144
adrianmak

a non-technical question.
http://www.adobe.com/products/aftere...ves_spins.html
I found a url in adobe website showing AE7 has these page 1-21 text effects
Are all these built-in AE7 ? does AE 6.5 has these text effects too without installing 3rd party plugins
Old 2006-11-03, 18:47   Link #145
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Those are Animation Presets...that are installed with 7.0. I'm sure 6.5 has equivalent presets. Since you can view preview of them..they should be self-explanatory.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 22:38   Link #146
adrianmak

I downloaded the ssa import script. How do I use it in AE ?
Old 2006-11-04, 00:11   Link #147
Devastator

The video on his site tells you how to use it, but anyways go to File -> Scripts -> Run Script File, select the script and it'll prompt you to locate the SSA file. The script will create a new composition with the text from the SSA file and you should be good to go. I've found that I run into errors if I have empty dialogue lines, so make sure you get rid of them first if you have any.
Old 2006-11-04, 07:43   Link #148
adrianmak

In my understanding, the workflow of using AE to create op karaoke effects is
1. clip out the OP part from RAW. For example use VDM direct stream copy
2. import the OP part into AE and create effects
3. output the final work
4. using avisynth to combine the OP part (w/ karaoke effect) with the rest of the RAW and add subtitle and re-encode the final anime with subbed

My question is in step 3 , the output may require a video re-encode process
and then in step 4, it required another re-encode process. The op quality may degrade a lot.

So how to maintain the quality when output from AE ? is it possible without re-encode process for output ??
Old 2006-11-04, 08:59   Link #149
Devastator

It is true that by encoding there will be some quality loss (however significant / insignificant), so I try to stick to methods that require less encodes of any particular video. I don't think it's feasible (at least not currently) to take an AEP and apply it directly to the video via AviSynth.

So the next best thing in my opinion is to use the method explained earlier on in the thread which is to output the karaoke on its own in RGBA with Lags and use the Overlay command in AviSynth to mesh the two together.

That way the karaoke only sees 2 encodes (one to lossless via AFX and one to combine it with the video) and the raw only sees 2 (it was likely already encoded to some lossy codec before you worked with it).
Old 2006-11-04, 10:07   Link #150
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
It is true that by encoding there will be some quality loss (however significant / insignificant)
Not if you use a lossless video codec with the same colorspace. For AFX output, this is lagarith in 32-bit RGB mode (or huffyuv). For XviD video or similiar, it's any lossless codec that supports YV12. If you use one of these and don't do any colorspace conversions between decoding and encoding (use fast recompress in vdub), there won't be any losses whatsoever no matter how many times you encode it. (Sorry, was a bit anal there.)

Of course, if you encode each step with XviD or another lossy codec, the lossage of each pass will be significant. So don't do that.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 10:06   Link #151
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

I have this lagarith lossless file that i import into afx with the kara done in a comp already. When I put the lossless file at the bottom of all the text layers. I don't see the text on top of the video...just as if the text was in a blank black composition. If I do a ram preview with the avi / lossless only the audio goes. If i make it's own composition for the video ...it's still a blank black composition. If I double click the video in the Projects tab...It shows correctly as if nothing wrong.

Is there a reason for this and how can i fix it?
Old 2006-11-05, 17:29   Link #152
Devastator

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that. I do know about the problem, the encoder in my group ran into the same issue with one of the karaokes. I asked him about it earlier today to find out if he remembered if and how he fixed it, but got nothing. The solution that was used at the time was I ended up rendering it out myself.

In all the time that I've worked with AFX, I've never been able to reproduce the issue. Only thing I can say is try troubleshooting. Test to see if other videos can be seen, if yes, then it's probably an issue with that particular video (so perhaps try re-encoding it using different settings and test again). If the other videos can't be seen, then it might be a setting in the program, perhaps if the project was set up by someone else some of the settings they use prevents the video from being viewed in the composition.
Old 2006-11-05, 18:19   Link #153
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Yeah. It was the file itself. Well Huffyuv and Lagarith didn't work for it. HuffYuv works but screws the color pixels to all mixed up. Lagarith...just didn't work with the file in AFX. But i used a different Lossless codec and it worked.
Old 2006-11-05, 19:49   Link #154
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Not if you use a lossless video codec with the same colorspace. For AFX output, this is lagarith in 32-bit RGB mode (or huffyuv). For XviD video or similiar, it's any lossless codec that supports YV12. If you use one of these and don't do any colorspace conversions between decoding and encoding (use fast recompress in vdub), there won't be any losses whatsoever no matter how many times you encode it. (Sorry, was a bit anal there.)

Of course, if you encode each step with XviD or another lossy codec, the lossage of each pass will be significant. So don't do that.

how to set AFX output to RGBA ? I'm a AFX newbiew
Old 2006-11-05, 20:34   Link #155
Devastator

Go to Edit > Templates > Output Module. I created a new setting by clicking on the New button and giving it a name. Then click Edit, set Channels to RGB + Alpha, Color to Straight (Unmatted) and click on Format Options. Select Lagarith and click on Configure. I'm not sure if it's required or not, but I always assure the mode is set to RGBA.

Provided that you keep your setting name listed in the slot in the Output Module Templates window, AFX should default to use that module. If you change Lagarith to use RGB elsewhere, you'll need to change it back to RGBA though.

To make sure that AFX is using your module, the name should appear in the Output Module in the Render Queue when you place your composition there. By clicking on the name of the module, you can access the same Output Module Settings that was seen when editing the new module (but any changes here won't be saved).
Old 2006-11-05, 21:37   Link #156
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu View Post
Yeah. It was the file itself. Well Huffyuv and Lagarith didn't work for it. HuffYuv works but screws the color pixels to all mixed up. Lagarith...just didn't work with the file in AFX. But i used a different Lossless codec and it worked.
Are you sure you had HuffYUV/Lagarith encoding a RGB/RGBA video stream? As far as I know, AfterFX chokes on YUV for Lagarith.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 22:02   Link #157
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

I'm sure. But I'm pretty sure it was just on my end I guess or something. But yeah. I'm sure.
Old 2006-11-06, 04:42   Link #158
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator View Post
Go to Edit > Templates > Output Module. I created a new setting by clicking on the New button and giving it a name. Then click Edit, set Channels to RGB + Alpha, Color to Straight (Unmatted) and click on Format Options. Select Lagarith and click on Configure. I'm not sure if it's required or not, but I always assure the mode is set to RGBA.

Provided that you keep your setting name listed in the slot in the Output Module Templates window, AFX should default to use that module. If you change Lagarith to use RGB elsewhere, you'll need to change it back to RGBA though.

To make sure that AFX is using your module, the name should appear in the Output Module in the Render Queue when you place your composition there. By clicking on the name of the module, you can access the same Output Module Settings that was seen when editing the new module (but any changes here won't be saved).

I didn't see Lagarith in Format options. I'm using AE 6.5
Old 2006-11-06, 07:18   Link #159
Devastator

I would assume that means that you did not install Lagarith then. It shouldn't matter whether you use 6.5 or 7.
http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html
Old 2006-11-26, 09:25   Link #160
G.U.N.D.A.M

guys how can i use the effect /kf in AE ??
when i import ssa files AE dosen't show any kfs (i use SSA Import)
G.U.N.D.A.M is offline   Reply With Quote