AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 11:52   Link #981
Yukmouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Its because of his body structure. It has nothin to do with him being a "D" as far as we know. Blackbeard is a very odd character with many mysteries behind him.
i'm not sure of what Marco said is 100% correct, this have to be xplained in the anime becuase it is the first time it happens that someone have two DF abbilites, even CP9 members were not capabale of that although they have the help of Vegapunk??
Yukmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 13:04   Link #982
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Blackbeard D. Kuma is going to love this episode.
You got that right, my friend. I'm overjoyed right now .

Quote:
It was his logia powers that allowed him to beat Ace.
His logia powers in combination with his physical prowess. It only took 2 punches from BB to put Ace in critical condition (one of which nearly broke his neck). He's formidable in hand-to-hand combat.

As for how BB acquired the Quake ability, it indeed has something to do with his abnormal body. The Darkness fruit may have also played a hand in the acquisition (that would give Teach all the more reason to have spent decades searching for it).

Here's the preview for the next episode: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv
Old 2011-02-06, 15:11   Link #983
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukmouth View Post
i'm not sure of what Marco said is 100% correct, this have to be xplained in the anime becuase it is the first time it happens that someone have two DF abbilites, even CP9 members were not capabale of that although they have the help of Vegapunk??
Of course it is correct. That is the explanation which is why Oda had Marco say that line.

It was said by CP9 that if a person ate another DF ability - then they would explode. BB is an exception to this rule. It'd be futile to speculate. The mystery will be revealed sometime in the future.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 19:51   Link #984
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

It probably has nothing to do with his body, but with his devil fruit. The darkness can suck in the df powers, but since the person is still alive it doesn't do it completely since it's still bound to the user so it just looks like it gets nullified. But since Whitebeard recently died, the DF isn't bound anymore and BB can finish draining the DF powers.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 00:26   Link #985
Aesthetic Shampoo

Freaking loved how Vista caught up to Jimbei in 2 seconds, as opposed to the 3 episodes he should have ran.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 11:35   Link #986
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
It probably has nothing to do with his body, but with his devil fruit. The darkness can suck in the df powers, but since the person is still alive it doesn't do it completely since it's still bound to the user so it just looks like it gets nullified. But since Whitebeard recently died, the DF isn't bound anymore and BB can finish draining the DF powers.
If it had nothin to do with his body - Oda wouldn't have added that line in. Marco knew straight away why Teach was able to have 2 DF abilities. Teach is a very odd character.
Old 2011-02-07, 13:21   Link #987
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
It probably has nothing to do with his body, but with his devil fruit.
So when did you talk to Oda sensei?
Old 2011-02-07, 14:04   Link #988
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

I think that it was probably BB's dark fruit that alowed him to absorb WB's power (kinda obvious) and then his body made it possible for it to work properly.. Even with what Marco said, I doubt that BB could just go eat another fruit because his body is different? I think it would be a combination of his devil fruit and his body that alowed him to obtain a second power.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 14:24   Link #989
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
If it had nothin to do with his body - Oda wouldn't have added that line in. Marco knew straight away why Teach was able to have 2 DF abilities. Teach is a very odd character.
Or.. It might be that it has something to do with the Will Of D! We don't know very much but it also might of been Blackbeard's power.. He didn't EAT two devil fruits.. He simply just took Whitebeard's power.
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 14:57   Link #990
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnago View Post
Or.. It might be that it has something to do with the Will Of D!
I very much doubt that. Ace also had the Will of D. and yet Marco said that only Teach was different from other people, hence the reason why he's able to wield 2 DF powers. This anomaly is something that will be exclusive to Teach.
Old 2011-02-07, 15:15   Link #991
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
So when did you talk to Oda sensei?

It is the word of Oda. He wrote that script - therefore it must be taken as gospel truth.
His logia ability played its part in taking WB's power - but its not the main reason WHY he can hold 2 powers at any given time. Its his body. That is the reason given - so what anyone else says means nothing next to the word of the creator of One Piece via his characters.
Old 2011-02-07, 15:34   Link #992
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I very much doubt that. Ace also had the Will of D. and yet Marco said that only Teach was different from other people, hence the reason why he's able to wield 2 DF powers. This anomaly is something that will be exclusive to Teach.
Yes.. but he never try to eat another devil fruit to see if it works or not. If he did I'm pretty sure he would be dead if he did try, it's a 50% gamble. If Ace did eat another devil fruit, and Teach also got the power from Whitebeard at this point then we would know it is because of the Will of D. We dont know the real reason. BUT in my opinion I think it has something to do the Will of D. but I dont really know its a thought, or it could be Blackbeard's power.. We dont have enough information to tell us.
Old 2011-02-07, 15:42   Link #993
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Yes.. but he never try to eat another devil fruit to see if it works or not. If he did I'm pretty sure he would be dead if he did try, it's a 50% gamble. If Ace did eat another devil fruit, and Teach also got the power from Whitebeard at this point then we would know it is because of the Will of D. We dont know the real reason. BUT in my opinion I think it has something to do the Will of D. but I dont really know its a thought, or it could be Blackbeard's power.. We dont have enough information to tell us.
BB took a risk indeed. But the fact remains it's unprecedented for someone to possess 2 DF abilities. Teach is the very first exception to that rule. He is unlike any other, and that is attributed to his abnormal body.
Old 2011-02-07, 15:54   Link #994
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
BB took a risk indeed. But the fact remains it's unprecedented for someone to possess 2 DF abilities. Teach is the very first exception to that rule. He is unlike any other, and that is attributed to his abnormal body.
I don't really know whats the difference between Luffy's/Ace's/Dragon's body is COMPARED to Blackbeard's body. The point I'm looking at, is he is just a big man I dont really see anything else apart from that, and very terrible at combat, unless he uses his dark fruit, but overall he is not a bad character xD I just laugh at him when he fights LOOOL!
Old 2011-02-07, 15:58   Link #995
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
The point I'm looking at, is he is just a big man I dont really see anything else apart from that, and very terrible at combat, unless he uses his dark fruit, but overall he is not a bad character xD I just laugh at him when he fights LOOOL!
It's a mystery. We'll have to wait and see just what sets Teach apart from the rest.

Very terrible at combat? He put Ace in critical condition with only 2 punches (one of which nearly broke Ace's neck), nevermind defeating him easily.

Even Shanks foreshadowed that BB is serious business. The guy is heavily underestimated by the fanbase.
Old 2011-02-07, 16:06   Link #996
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
It's a mystery. We'll have to wait and see just what sets Teach apart from the rest.

Very terrible at combat? He put Ace in critical condition with only 2 punches (one of which nearly broke Ace's neck), nevermind defeating him easily.

Even Shanks foreshadowed that BB is serious business. The guy is heavily underestimated by the fanbase.
I mean really? He uses gravity to pull and suck every in, they lose their powers if they touching him or he is touching them. His slow. He has strength but he is slow. Without that power and he has Luffy's power, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to own very much. I think !
Old 2011-02-07, 16:48   Link #997
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I mean really? He uses gravity to pull and suck every in, they lose their powers if they touching him or he is touching them. His slow. He has strength but he is slow. Without that power and he has Luffy's power, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to own very much. I think !
Yes he's slow. But he can take a hit. He survived a Quake bubble to the face from Whitebeard.
Old 2011-02-07, 17:31   Link #998
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Yes he's slow. But he can take a hit. He survived a Quake bubble to the face from Whitebeard.
Yeah because he has all that fat around him to protect him But one more hit from Whitebeard's power, he would've been screwed up. On the other hand, couldn't disagree with your comment :P
Old 2011-02-07, 17:36   Link #999
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Yeah because he has all that fat around him to protect him But true couldn't disagree more, but one more hit from Whitebeard's power, he would've been screwed up. On the other hand, couldn't disagree with your comment :P
BB needs to improve on his speed, reflexes, and damage intake (he writhes in pain often). Once he does, he'll automatically be eligible for top-tier status.
Old 2011-02-07, 18:43   Link #1000
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Quote:
BB needs to improve on his speed, reflexes, and damage intake (he writhes in pain often). Once he does, he'll automatically be eligible for top-tier status.
Agree, although do you really think his capable of doing this? I'm pretty sure Blackbeard is fat person who doesn't work on these kind of important stuff in fights. He would think that he is top of the world because of two devil fruit powers, which I doubt he would master the quake quake power very quickly. He would no way become as beast as Whitebeard since Whitebeard trained his reflexes, speed, and damage this led him to be the ultimate person in the world and very good with his devil fruit and also he is not arrogant I suppose. If Blackbeard doesn't train these stuff, Blackbeard wouldn't be the strongest man in the world.

I think Monkey D. Garp is one the strongest atm, even though he is a very old man ! Any disagreements?