AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 12 (S1 END) Rating
Perfect 10 46 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 24.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 16.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 3.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 15 8.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-20, 16:57   Link #321
hiddensurvivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post

At least Yuki didn't kick the bucket.
Probably on my part, but it's suspicious that Yuki and Inko were not there with the Princess to meet up with Inaho. Please Buddha, let Yuki-nee somehow save Inaho!
Old 2014-09-20, 17:00   Link #322
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddensurvivor View Post
Probably on my part, but it's suspicious that Yuki and Inko were not there with the Princess to meet up with Inaho. Please Buddha, let Yuki-nee somehow save Inaho!
And don't forget that Doctor,heck if Touma's Doc can easily attach arms and bring back almost dead Touma then he can too save Inaho,and his screentime is kind of suspicious for a non combat character.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:02   Link #323
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
He was only thinking of the here and now as most soldiers do in the heat of battle. He just knew Saazbaum needed help. He had no idea that the princess was on the other side of that wall when he plowed through it.
Yes, and as I already said, that is the problem. He's emotional, sure, but it's kind of regrettable that those emotions manage to cloud his reasoning so much he begins to act in a genuinely stupid fashion. For someone who swore to do everything he can to protect the princess, the very act of saving someone who can potentially kill her in the near future without an ounce of hesitation is just plain idiotic.
Again, I can understand where he comes from (and I predicted something like this would happen, albeit not nearly as hardcore), but I find it rather disappointing that he couldn't even think about what would happen next.
Heck, I actually didn't even expect the retribution of his mistake to happen so soon and to be so extreme. But it did happen. It happened because he made that decision without even considering the risk. It's like he totally forgot that, not even an hour ago, Saaz told him with a straight face that he'll kill the princess.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:02   Link #324
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
And don't forget that Doctor,heck if Touma's Doc can easily attach arms and bring back almost dead Touma then he can too save Inaho,and his screentime is kind of suspicious for a non combat character.
Doctor's only job was to be someone for Marito to talk too. He's really got no other purpose and have never been seen doing any "miracle saves". Also, even if he's in the Deucalion, and I think he's still at the base, he would have been trapped in there just like everyone else and is probably unconscious. He would never get to Inaho in time, if in fact Inaho weren't already dead.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-20, 17:09   Link #325
BluePhirePB

Well WTF kinda ending is that! If they have the guts to kill off two main characters, they better stay dead for the rest of the series. They better not have some BS "Oh we revived them via Aldnoah super dildo tech" explanation.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:12   Link #326
erdii

I wonder what other theories will slaine fans come up with to save the almighty slaine from his blunders. Really he could have easily disarmed inaho but he chose to shot a person who can't even stand and is heavily wounded. Well as he is perfecthe has to be pardoned. Inaho most probably draw his weapon to prevent hime from being taken by enemy(slaine is an enemy as he saved saaz). Really is slaine's purpose in this show is to make sure princess dies. Does he even care about her
Old 2014-09-20, 17:12   Link #327
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddensurvivor View Post
I'm still on the fence, but if I had to follow cold logic, A/Z first aim is money, so strictly speaking, killing off TWO MC would result in losing potential buyers. Despite their general level of liking. So there's still hope .. maybe

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:13   Link #328
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Wh-what did I just watched? How many times must the princess get killed? This has risen to Kenny levels of running joke.
Maybe this is all a dream of the emperor and he wakes up in season 2 to find that he is just an ordinary high schooler. The end.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:17   Link #329
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post
I don't think he wanted to die. He clearly liked Asseylum and that is enough to not want to die.
But he thinks Asseylum is dead, also, he has no other weapons and his body is broken. He really doesn't have many options in his frame of thinking.

Quote:

Now, this is a hell of a end of a first season for me, because for how much I liked it they basically killed 97% of the reasons to watch this show. So now I don't know how to proceed, pretending that they are not really dead (that actually would be the more reasonable possibility for some aspects) or pretending they are really dead, that also is a sound possibility. As of now the latter would end making me stop watching the show. I really don't care enough to follow a show who killed off my favorites, considering the possibility that the one who killed them could become the protagonist. Not that I fully blame Slaine, but still he did it.
on the other hand if they really want to follow some Gundam steps IIRC Kira coming back in GSD made that show more profitable that GS, so, at least on paper, I can see Inaho coming back from death for the next season at some point. But it is a mere and biased speculation on my part. So for the moment I'll stay on the fence

At least Yuki didn't kick the bucket.
Well, we're really going to have to see what new cast they bring in to compensate, and who's roles become more important now. We're going to need some new Martian bad guys since, even if Slaine goes off the deep end, he doesn't want to destroy Earth or fight the Earth Forces or anything. We're also going to need some more Terrans to either step up to the plate, or we're going to have to change the entire POV from Earth to Mars. So we'll have to see what happens.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-20, 17:18   Link #330
Thess

Quote:
I'm still on the fence, but if I had to follow cold logic, A/Z first aim is money, so strictly speaking, killing off TWO MC would result in losing potential buyers. Despite their general level of liking. So there's still hope .. maybe
There's a reason why Asseylum's whereabouts are unknown. Inaho's death would not impact the sales, he was merely popular as yaoi accessory to Slaine. A slot that can be replaced by anyone.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-20, 17:18   Link #331
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I know I'm a huge Inaho fanboy, but I'm pretty sure he was headshot. Him coming back will be too unbelievable for me to swallow. I'm a bit of a realist, so I'd like for the dead to stay dead. If they do decide to bring him back, I can only imagine the lengths they would go to for that asspull to have some kind of legitimate reasoning.

Asseylum on the other hand, well that's a different story. We know she got shot on the shoulder & the second shot appeared to be a headshot, but we can't be certain. It wasn't shown, thus the shot could be anywhere else.

I think Asseylum surviving has more weight than Inaho's possible return at this point.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:20   Link #332
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I think Asseylum surviving has more weight than Inaho's possible return at this point.
There's also Ono being optimistic and liking what happened and telling Slaine to go for it.

Honestly, I would prefer if she's dead and Rayet replaces her as heroine.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-20, 17:21   Link #333
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

The hell was that? That shit is so stupid.

Slaine is a fucking moron.

I really don't have the words. What the hell were the writers THINKING!?
Old 2014-09-20, 17:26   Link #334
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
There's also Ono being optimistic and liking what happened and telling Slaine to go for it.

I also think Rayet will replace Asseylum, hopefully Rayet will continue the real robot vs. super robot in place of Inaho. Though I hope Rayet will pilot a Orange in the memory of the original Orange-kun of this show.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:29   Link #335
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Asseylum on the other hand, well that's a different story. We know she got shot on the shoulder & the second shot appeared to be a headshot, but we can't be certain. It wasn't shown, thus the shot could be anywhere else.

I think she got hit in the back, not the shoulder. And that's a lot of blood, so I'm thinking it hit a lung and probably an artery.

Not a sure death, but it's not out of the realm of possibility either.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-20, 17:30   Link #336
Key Board
Carbon

Pretty sure Rayet will shine.
But I'm not sure who will replace Inaho
Say what you want, but they won all their fights so far because of him
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-09-20, 17:31   Link #337
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, we're really going to have to see what new cast they bring in to compensate, and who's roles become more important now. We're going to need some new Martian bad guys since, even if Slaine goes off the deep end, he doesn't want to destroy Earth or fight the Earth Forces or anything. We're also going to need some more Terrans to either step up to the plate, or we're going to have to change the entire POV from Earth to Mars. So we'll have to see what happens.
Yes, I know, I'll probably change my mind, but I'm just the kind of viewer that doesn't take well this kind of twists. It's like I was watching House, and then at a certain point, boom, they replaced him with Derek Shepherd. Thanks, but no thanks Something like that. Surely I'll deal with it, but the show would/will lose the anticipation it had during the whole first season.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:33   Link #338
tsunade666

Hmmm what are the chances that Slaine will blame the terrans for the death of his princess. which is probably in a medicine tank and being preserve to live. He will make sure she is alive even if others burn.

I wish for either Inko or Rayet to turn into protagonist next season.

It will bore me to death if I see Slaine fighting in tarsis next season.

The one that hook me up to this anime is Inaho and his dead now.

Inaho's fighting super robot with mass produced robot is exciting. Reminds me of Qwenser from Heavy Object.
Old 2014-09-20, 17:34   Link #339
carmolita

Inaho is such a meticulous planner I can't believe that he will willingly let himself get killed knowing the probabilities of the outcome. I think he's alive for 3 reasons:
1) people can survive gunshot wounds to the head
2) you can't exactly see where the bullet hit him in the head
3) His people are still in the building and they don't mention anything about him in the epilogue.

The question is who has the princess body and what's in the locket.

I wouldn't be surprised if Inaho comes back in some supped up mecha
Old 2014-09-20, 17:35   Link #340
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post

Rayet replacing her is not a bad thought.

The only reason I suspect Asseylum's survival is because she's kinda needed on the Earth side. Earth needs at least one person who can use Aldnoah & she fits the bill. We can argue that Slaine may fill that role, but as I see it, he's determined to stay neutral in this conflict. Actually, no, I think his Martian loyalty is stronger than his Terran ties. He's actually more Martian that the princess of Mars.

Then again, if he decided to go "fuck life" since all this shit went down here in the finale, it wouldn't be all that weird to see him fucking shit up for both sides (mostly Mars) next season.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Closed Thread