AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 15.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 21.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 24.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.03%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-10, 10:15   Link #61
tsunade666

Its painful for me to watch it..... I'm one of those 2 who vote for painful.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 11:14   Link #62
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
oh god... please make it stop. There are so many good looking boys and girls around in that city. The last thing i want to see is that meat bag...
Shallow, aren't we?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 12:10   Link #63
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Shallow, aren't we?
honest....
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 12:29   Link #64
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

A pretty nice episode, despite what the naysayers say. Placement issues are not the fault of this individual episode, but rather of the people doing the series storyboarding and direction so you can't really take that into account when grading ep. 14. Ep wise I just love this kind of slow, windown episodes where we actually get to see how the characters learn and move on from their experience. Seeing Saten's personal growth was also a highlight in this episode, and personally I couldn't find a single point I could nag about.

For the people nagging about the lack of Sisters arc: Just discard all your hopes. The arc is not even halfway done in the manga, how do you expect to see something on the anime adaptation, unless they totally make their own version.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 12:31   Link #65
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
honest....
Haha yeah I know what you mean. I still find myself judging by looks even though I think it's wrong. Especially if its like a love thing. Friends I don't care how they look as much.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 13:05   Link #66
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Haha yeah I know what you mean. I still find myself judging by looks even though I think it's wrong. Especially if its like a love thing. Friends I don't care how they look as much.
Well, its two-fold. Like almost everyone else, i have favorite pairings, or dont care at all for a specific character. If i have a favorite partner for someone (like Saten x Uiharu etc), i tend to be slightly disturbed when some1 (for example Juufuku) gets in the way. But i can deal with that, because juufuku is kinda cute, and she has a story with saten, and they are writing love letters (yeah...). Its okay!

Now the second aspect: In this case its not just "someone more sexy/cute/strong/handsome/heroic/emotial etc getting in the way", but its (i quote):

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
[...]the fat guy![...]
So people who suggest or root for the (i quote again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
[...]unknown fat guy[...]
are giving me two slaps into my face. I can accept and tolerate that everyone is different. But i will fight for my favorite couples, or at least for couples if i can "understand why". In the case of (should i quote again?... meh) the fat guy, there is zero backstory, charisma or superpower, so "looks" would be his only saving grace. So i compared him with the other options by looks alone. Its valid to do so if nothing elso is avaiable. Yeah he ran a mile more then the others, but that doesnt mean much when the others shoot fireballs...
Old 2010-01-10, 20:59   Link #67
shitashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
A pretty nice episode, despite what the naysayers say. Placement issues are not the fault of this individual episode, but rather of the people doing the series storyboarding and direction so you can't really take that into account when grading ep. 14. Ep wise I just love this kind of slow, windown episodes where we actually get to see how the characters learn and move on from their experience. Seeing Saten's personal growth was also a highlight in this episode, and personally I couldn't find a single point I could nag about.

For the people nagging about the lack of Sisters arc: Just discard all your hopes. The arc is not even halfway done in the manga, how do you expect to see something on the anime adaptation, unless they totally make their own version.

u serious!! welp i guess there will be no sister arc in railgun anime
shitashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 00:59   Link #68
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

It was an enjoyable episode. Nothing significant going on, but I didn't mind that at all. What I got from the episode was that Saten still had some guilt over using Level Upper, and now she feels 'freed' from it.

What I'm wonding is, Saten's potential to become an esper. I'm guessing even a Level 0 can become an esper (looking at Saten's report card)? What I had thought all along was that Level 0 can never become an esper. Though I guess there are always exceptions and whatnot.
Old 2010-01-11, 01:38   Link #69
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I would have rated this episode 7/10 because the content isn't what I expected it to be, aka this episode wasn't needed. But because it was better than I originally expected, 8/10 for me.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 03:58   Link #70
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Let's just say it's a filler episode. Actually I have no qualms about the placement of this. Actually, since they say in the future ep summary that
Spoiler for future event:
I think the reason why the swimsuit episode was shown was to create a social bond between Mitsuko and Biribiri which will justify her actions in the upcoming arc.
Maybe they had the swimsuit ep as 13 to have a fanservice ep in time for Christmas/New Year's.
Old 2010-01-11, 13:06   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Probably should have placed this in place of episode 13, but oh well. It was a pretty good episode to conclude everything that went on in the Level Upper Arc. Besides it was nice to see Saten deal with her guilt and start moving forward. While she is still level 0 there is hope she will get to level 1 eventually. Be nice if it happened before the series was over, but will just have to see.
Old 2010-01-11, 18:02   Link #72
Ghostfriendly

Saten is a suprisingly nice character for such a simple personality, so this wasn't bad to watch, but this series was much better with plot, really hope we get more soon
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 08:50   Link #73
Joe_fh

No sister's arc eh?
As it was previously pointed out this episode was totally misplaced. I like character development but I don't like inconsistent character behaivour as was the case here.
It would have been a lot better if this was episode 13 to point out the emotional aftermath of the LU arc (which in my opinion was covered way too fast and missed a lot of opportunities for character development and interactions in favour of more random fanservice)
Don't get me wrong the episode was good and the idea of following up on the LU arc was nice but not after the ark has ended an we had a pool episode to show us that everything is fine and ok. That's the reason this was so misplaced. It was practically not needed at all at this point.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 13:04   Link #74
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Geez, or all the people who are complaining about a misplacement, just rename the episode filenames and convince yourself that it was that way from the start. Issue solved.

Now that hasn't too difficult, was it?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 13:59   Link #75
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Geez, or all the people who are complaining about a misplacement, just rename the episode filenames and convince yourself that it was that way from the start. Issue solved.

but... but... THE PREVIEW IS NOW WRONG!!!!!

/emo
Old 2010-01-12, 14:58   Link #76
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Loved this episode. I swear, if Makoto stole the show in Index then Ruiko is stealing the show in Railgun in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to the return of some action in the next episode, though. Also, I can't help but wonder if we'll get any kind of announcement at the end of Railgun about if anything more is coming next. More of the Index storyline would be nice...
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 17:16   Link #77
RedWing

I hope that Saten stays a level 0. She's one of the only normal down to earth characters in the show. For example in the Level Upper arc she was able to represent the feelings of helplessness, and weakness at the lack of ability that people sometimes have. To power her up would remove everything that makes her special.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 20:29   Link #78
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

By that logic, why don't people good at art, animation, sound, and photoshop programs just go the extra mile and "redo" episodes they dont like to make them more to their tastes?

It doesn't change any mistakes made by the staff in the series.
Old 2010-01-12, 20:38   Link #79
Joe_fh

Quote:

But that doesn't really make this episode any less mispalced. It just doesn't fit in at this point and frankly one breather episode no mater if they chose to be a fanservice one or one that follows the aftermath of the events closely is enough for me. It makes this one sort of redundant since it basically left us where episode 13 did.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 21:38   Link #80
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
People don't just spontaneously mood swing as you said, but Satens case was hardly 'out of nowhere'. I'm pretty sure you (and Saten herself) can guess why she was having special classes in the first place.
Except teenagers do spontaneously mood swing. That is why doctors are reluctant to diagnose Emotional Intensity Disorder in the under 20s. Because it can be hard to tell from growing up.

Saten is as you say though heavily into trying to tuck her problems away and think happy thoughts and episode 13 her main screen time was her and Uiharu showing up a team of a Level 4 and two level 3 or 4s. Her bust appears to be back on model though in episode 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
Lol, is it me or is Saten sitting in Touma's chair? Or at least, they're using the classroom Touma uses... idk.
Saten was sitting in the same relative position the previous time she got the personal reality lecture, I've assumed it was a subtle mirroring to remind us they are both L0. One of the M-chans was sitting in Uiharu's place however this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
What I'm wonding is, Saten's potential to become an esper. I'm guessing even a Level 0 can become an esper (looking at Saten's report card)? What I had thought all along was that Level 0 can never become an esper. Though I guess there are always exceptions and whatnot.
Level 1 requires conscious control of your ability. Level 0's have either no discernable power or a power they have no active control over. Touma's annoying friend who spies for Necesarius is a level 0 because his power [Autoregeneration] is entirely reflexive.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote