Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-01, 22:41   Link #281
fullbleach

Send a message via MSN to fullbleach Send a message via Yahoo to fullbleach
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel+strawhat View Post
hmm.. personally, i think one piece ranks one, naruto ranks 2 and lastly bleach. One piece has plots that no one ever think of, just like author of deathnote. I mean, one piece story is just fantastic, it makes ppl come for more manga and anime chapters. Naruto is nt bad, well better than bleach. Bleach has some fanciful fights and power, but no humor. Power of bleach is getting too strong and absurb, just like dragonball saiyan who can destroy earth with one blow and there are even stronger bosses. It can become boring. I guess the spirit comin out of body and different bankai is the only attractive point
I agree with you about bleach I hate to say it but Bleach is completely predictable and it is just sad. Naruto it is alright I mean sometimes it is predictable and then again sometimes it isn`t but with One Piece you just never know what will happen next.
Old 2007-07-03, 11:11   Link #282
Wervy
Cutely Pervy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleach View Post
I agree with you about bleach I hate to say it but Bleach is completely predictable and it is just sad. Naruto it is alright I mean sometimes it is predictable and then again sometimes it isn`t but with One Piece you just never know what will happen next.
Well the problem is that Bleach and One Piece both seem to be suffering from repeating similar thing over and over. Ironicly enough both of the mangas at this point are just rehashing old stuff they did before
Spoiler:
and it really makes it seem cheap and lazy.

I basicly stopped reading bleach at this point, its just not interesting anymore, and One Piece is heading the same way. Even though I dont like Naruto much, at least they are providing a ongoing story that seems fresh.
Old 2007-07-06, 14:35   Link #283
GoroGoro

I dont noe wat ur sayin but One Piece is beta then both bleach & naruto, so gete use 2 it
Old 2007-07-09, 04:32   Link #284
UchihaByakuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoroGoro View Post
I dont noe wat ur sayin but One Piece is beta then both bleach & naruto, so gete use 2 it
WELL SAID. XD

Btw: WHo wants to join me in "Flame Ichigo" i never liked the characters from bleach except for the ones that aren't main characters and as for naruto..................... Well Naruto i don't like him, the cool ones end up becoming all wierd such as sasuke looking like a girl in CS2

Last edited by UchihaByakuya; 2007-07-09 at 04:44.
Old 2007-07-09, 10:48   Link #285
Arakawa
Mugiwara
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wervy View Post
Well the problem is that Bleach and One Piece both seem to be suffering from repeating similar thing over and over. Ironicly enough both of the mangas at this point are just rehashing old stuff they did before
Spoiler:
and it really makes it seem cheap and lazy.

I basicly stopped reading bleach at this point, its just not interesting anymore, and One Piece is heading the same way. Even though I dont like Naruto much, at least they are providing a ongoing story that seems fresh.
Bleach.
Spoiler for Don't click unless you're up-to-date on the manga:

As for One Piece, since I'm heading off topic
Spoiler for Same deal as above, don't click unless you're up-to-date on the manga:

In Conclusion since I'm off topic..again. The main reason why One Piece is less popular than Bleach/Naruto is because it is being judged in foreign countries by the 4kids dub. And we ALL know how horrible 4kids is.

But remember kiddies, in Japan, One Piece is the #1 anime/manga of all time

Oh and I think I read it somewhere but I'm not too sure. I heard that it's the best manga in sales.
Old 2007-07-10, 00:33   Link #286
UchihaByakuya

Most probably dunno (Anime viwers) but Oda has screwed the dub over a little bit
Spoiler for One Piece:
Old 2007-07-11, 22:47   Link #287
cy_ph3r
Pirate King

i always love one piece so i don't know why it is less popular. maybe it's the drawing.
Old 2007-07-19, 20:17   Link #288
gencbiba

The drawing is fighter friendly! Naruto is probably the worst anime of all time, so I can't even begin to understand why so many people worship it. Bleach is corny now. Stop with the fillers because they are killing Bleach.

From that perspective, I don't know how you think One Piece is less popular than the other two. One Piece is ALWAYS fresh. Every single arc, there's a different enemy with totally different powers to fight! One Piece definitely belongs with Evangelion and other incredible anime out there. There's my rant.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2007-07-19, 21:31   Link #289
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
The drawing is fighter friendly! Naruto is probably the worst anime of all time, so I can't even begin to understand why so many people worship it. Bleach is corny now. Stop with the fillers because they are killing Bleach.

From that perspective, I don't know how you think One Piece is less popular than the other two. One Piece is ALWAYS fresh. Every single arc, there's a different enemy with totally different powers to fight! One Piece definitely belongs with Evangelion and other incredible anime out there. There's my rant.
Totally agree with what you said of One Piece it's great but it's probably that from first looks it looks kiddier than Naruto or Bleach which isn't true that it dosen't attract as many peole asthe others.
Old 2007-07-19, 22:17   Link #290
gencbiba

I personally thought the animation was weird at first too, but once I saw the first episode, I fell in love. Who doesn't love a main character with the ambition to become the Pirate King? hehe. Not to mention that episode was hilarious. Love the way the jaws drop when he calls Alvida fat and ugly.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2007-07-23, 03:25   Link #291
cy_ph3r
Pirate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Hey, be careful what you say or you'll provoking a war against these 2! Don't worry, I'll back you up! All PIRATES RULES!!!!!
Old 2007-07-29, 04:37   Link #292
UchihaByakuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_ph3r View Post
Hey, be careful what you say or you'll provoking a war against these 2! Don't worry, I'll back you up! All PIRATES RULES!!!!!
Let's do it the old fashion way. SOgeKINGU BLOW UP THIER FLAGS!
Old 2007-07-30, 16:22   Link #293
AnbuItachi

i thought the anime was weird too, the first time i watched it i didn't even know what it was, i saw it in an anime club there were weird animals and mad stretching so i didn't like it. later on i picked it up at home and really liked it =D i think its not as popular as naruto or bleach to the subbing world is because its a lot more slow paced (luffy is like no where close to getting one piece) and the animation is different. but i do believe in the world one piece is more poppular than both bleach and naruto. its sort of like how slam dunk was back in the old days
Old 2007-07-30, 16:45   Link #294
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
bleach, naruto and one piece is like mcdonalds...

claymore is the all you can eat steakhouse
Old 2007-07-30, 21:43   Link #295
gencbiba

No offense, but when Claymore even reaches a fragment of the greatness that is One Piece, the world will end. Same goes with Bleach and Naruto.

Claymore's story is so cliche. Please, demons? It's like they took Berserk, toned it down, added crappy animation, made the character a female and added some other crappy stuff to it.

When I think of animation, I think unique. Of course, nothing can be quite unique but I have seen Claymores type of animation before. The only shows that kind of come close to OP in the animation part are xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicle crap.

So, Claymore, Naruto, and Bleach are like McDonalds while One Piece is like New York City; a combination of everything that is great!

We OP fans are actual pirates... Just for future references in case you plan to insult Luffy! lol

Old 2007-08-03, 05:11   Link #296
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I don't understand how OP has such great graphics? The character design is like DBZ on acid. It's like the entire world has a fallout and people look according to it.

Don't get me wrong, OP is a lot of fun, but it feels like you are mixing saint seiya with a sports anime in a pirate setting.

I also think that berserk is better then Claymore but very hard to anime properly and still have a broad audience.

Much of Berserk is just not for kids or even teens. So we are left with Claymore that is still awesome animated and has a insane amount of action.
Old 2007-08-03, 17:00   Link #297
gencbiba

By animation I don't mean great graphics. I mean the unique style of drawing. The main character of Claymore has a big nose. lol

Old 2007-08-04, 06:50   Link #298
Kazidoom

"bleach, naruto and one piece is like mcdonalds...

claymore is the all you can eat steakhouse "

"Claymore's story is so cliche. Please, demons? It's like they took Berserk, toned it down, added crappy animation, made the character a female and added some other crappy stuff to it."

Well, at least it's easy to tell who doesn't watch One Piece and who doesn't watch Claymore. >_> Bashing shows out of ignorance isn't going to go anywhere. I suggest we go somewhere more constructive. Like... One Piece beats the crap out of Naruto. All agreed? :P But harder to judge is DBZ vs One Piece. Once One Piece finishes which do you think will be considered as the greatest shonen?
Old 2007-08-04, 13:40   Link #299
gencbiba

I watch Claymore. Stopped after episode 9. I read the manga and am currently up to date with it.

Old 2007-08-04, 19:35   Link #300
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazidoom View Post
"bleach, naruto and one piece is like mcdonalds...

claymore is the all you can eat steakhouse "

"Claymore's story is so cliche. Please, demons? It's like they took Berserk, toned it down, added crappy animation, made the character a female and added some other crappy stuff to it."

Well, at least it's easy to tell who doesn't watch One Piece and who doesn't watch Claymore. >_> Bashing shows out of ignorance isn't going to go anywhere. I suggest we go somewhere more constructive. Like... One Piece beats the crap out of Naruto. All agreed? :P But harder to judge is DBZ vs One Piece. Once One Piece finishes which do you think will be considered as the greatest shonen?
DBZ was great, but I think Naruto and One Piece are both improvements upon DBZ. The power level system in DBZ basically simplified every battle down to a number, and the fights were all pretty much the same - fast punching + giant energy balls. Naruto fights are more interesting in that there are several different types of fighting techniques (jutsus) that require some thought for the main characters to figure out how to counter them. This is also true in One Piece, except that they are known as devil fruit abilities instead of jutsus. Between One Piece and Naruto, I'd say that Naruto has better fight sequences, but One Piece has a better story, better humor, and better characters. So, OP > Naruto > DBZ.

EDIT: I'm caught up with the Claymore anime (up to episode 18) and it really is a pretty good show. It's much more violent than Naruto, and the storyline about half demon protagonists killing demons reminds me of Inuyasha, which I'm not really a fan of. But the good thing about this anime is that the animation quality is great and a lot happens in each episode (unlike Naruto or OP which can sometimes drag on). The bad thing is that the series doesn't have very much longevity. And also, the Claymores all look so much alike, which makes the characters a little bland.

Last edited by Hiking_Bear; 2007-08-06 at 17:08.
Closed Thread