AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2009-07-08, 11:29   Link #1101
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
What about Watanagashi + Meakashi
Since they have same story...
Hearing the answer to a question without knowing what the question was does seem a bit pointless. After all, the point of Meakashi-hen is seeing what really happened in Watanagashi-hen.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 13:23   Link #1102
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Anyway, 3 questions which may have been asked a few times be4:
Spoiler for Up to the end of Higurashi Kai:

Spoiler for Manga, by the end of 1st arc, the Keichi's one:
Old 2009-07-09, 10:01   Link #1103
maximilianjenus
[E]

Spoiler for satoshi:

now a Question from me

Spoiler for onisarashi and saikoroshi:
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 01:35   Link #1104
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Spoiler for satoshi:

now a Question from me

Spoiler for onisarashi and saikoroshi:
@Satoshi question: Eh i didn't ask about that......
The answer for your question is:
Spoiler for Saikoroshi-hen:

Some1 answer my questions in post 1102 pls....... xD
Old 2009-07-10, 08:10   Link #1105
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Manga, by the end of 1st arc, the Keichi's one:

Spoiler for Answer I think :p:

I am still looking for akane's husband name myself...
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 10:08   Link #1106
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Spoiler for Answer I think :p:
I watched that clip was subbed by seiyuu (I mean Nakahara Mai) on Nicodouga.
I searched on Youtube, but can't find any clips like that.
They got it from Drama CDs? Or...

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
WarriorKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 10:15   Link #1107
maximilianjenus
[E]

Spoiler for satoshi:

Spoiler for onikakushi:
Old 2009-07-10, 10:18   Link #1108
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

possibly. But to answer the question I think if you look at other times they reference this chapter, you get to realize that Rena did nothing but try to help Keiichi, but keiichi was seeing something that was not actually happening.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 00:13   Link #1109
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

I have a question:
Why is there a butterfly in Higurashi? I mean the butterfly always shows with Mion, in the first season's OP, in manga too... It has a meaning?

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Old 2009-07-11, 02:42   Link #1110
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tomboy that turns into a beautiful girl maybe.
Old 2009-07-11, 19:36   Link #1111
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
I have a question:
Why is there a butterfly in Higurashi? I mean the butterfly always shows with Mion, in the first season's OP, in manga too... It has a meaning?
The butterfly is a symbol of death in some cultures, isn't it? Er, that's always how I interpreted it whenever I saw it.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 19:47   Link #1112
qwertyuiopz

what do cicadas actually have to do with the anime????
other than make noise at the end of every episode?
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 20:01   Link #1113
Joly
モエカステル

I remember looking up the significance of cicadas some time ago and I remember that in Rika's Dear You image song (Dear You -Hope-), she describes her life being ephemeral like the cicada.

"The popular belief that evening cicadas die after the sun sets reminds us that summer will come to an end sooner than later, and we should enjoy while we can. Ultimately this can also be extended to life itself." Something I read from this site.

EDIT:

Now I have a question. I don't know much about Shintoism but I've been trying to research on it. Is Oyashiro-sama/Hanyuu considered to be a "Shinto god"? Or would the Oyashiro-sama belief be considered its own religion, separate from Shintoism?

Last edited by Joly; 2009-07-12 at 12:48.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 13:44   Link #1114
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I don't think he was named at all. Just Mion/Shion's father. Poor guy..
Old 2009-07-12, 15:55   Link #1115
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
I remember looking up the significance of cicadas some time ago and I remember that in Rika's Dear You image song (Dear You -Hope-), she describes her life being ephemeral like the cicada.

"The popular belief that evening cicadas die after the sun sets reminds us that summer will come to an end sooner than later, and we should enjoy while we can. Ultimately this can also be extended to life itself." Something I read from this site.

EDIT:

Now I have a question. I don't know much about Shintoism but I've been trying to research on it. Is Oyashiro-sama/Hanyuu considered to be a "Shinto god"? Or would the Oyashiro-sama belief be considered its own religion, separate from Shintoism?
I think I read this from somewhere but the Oyashiro religion was based off the dark side of Shintoism(sacrifices, religious ceremonies and etc.); so it's most likely a religion of it's own.
EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinto#Cultural_effects

Questions: Might be offtopic about the story but is there a site for Mion x Keiichi pix? Also, I need a official confirmation about the children's ages, because some people told me Keiichi is the same age as Rena while others told me he's 1 year older but he's still in the same grade as her.
Old 2009-07-12, 16:26   Link #1116
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
I think I read this from somewhere but the Oyashiro religion was based off the dark side of Shintoism(sacrifices, religious ceremonies and etc.); so it's most likely a religion of it's own.
EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinto#Cultural_effects

Questions: Might be offtopic about the story but is there a site for Mion x Keiichi pix? Also, I need a official confirmation about the children's ages, because some people told me Keiichi is the same age as Rena while others told me he's 1 year older but he's still in the same grade as her.
The Japanese school year starts in around April I believe (according to the original Higurashi VN... and if my memory isn't wrong). I know that it's early in the year.

Keiichi's birthday is in April. Rena's birthday is in July. The story of Higurashi takes place between both months in June. So Keiichi is in the same grade as Rena, but because the story takes place between both of their birthdays, he's technically older than she is. Though, they were both still born in the same year.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 18:51   Link #1117
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu
He might be too minor of a character to be given a name. The Sonozaki family is far too large to know every single member of it...

So, we can assume that Sada & Yada Sonozaki from your earlier question could be:
A. Members of the Sonozaki main family
B. Congressmen (unlikely, one is already Sabarou)
C. Part of a branch family
D. High ranking individuals in commerce
E. Supplier of weapons and/or intel
F. 2 or more from B-E.
[Before/after the dam construction was interrupted, since one was 'main intel' and the other was head of the 'charging squad']

Sorry, that's as comprehensive as I can think of.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 11:35   Link #1118
maximilianjenus
[E]

Well, it's been heavily hinted that the yakuza guy who is always with shion is in love with the twins' mother, so it would be pretty fun if he was their real father (though everything points to that not being the case, as she did not have a forced marriage, but rather she married the man she loved by opossing her mother).
Old 2009-07-14, 05:48   Link #1119
Ferny
:D

Okay...could someone clear something up for me?

When watching the DVDs, I noticed that the third arc is called Meakashi-hen/Eye-Opening Chapter. I thought to myself then, "I thought Meaksahi-hen was the first answer arc." So I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it said that Meakashi-hen WAS the first answer arc. So...

The anime's order for the first four arcs is Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen, Meakashi-hen, and Tsumihoroboshi-hen. The game's order for the first four arcs is Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Himatsubushi-hen. Why is that?

And since I've never seen Higurashi Kai: Since the first season has two of Kai's arcs, then how will Kai have four arcs like Higurashi? Will it just have two? Or will it include the two arcs from Higurashi and then have the other two Kai arcs?

Someone please tell me; I'll probably never have the chance to watch Kai.

EDIT: I'm just curious but I also have a friend who needs to know...What is the reccommended order for all the Higurashi arcs? Including the basic 8, and all the manga-exclusive, ones made by Alchemist, ect.

Last edited by Ferny; 2009-07-14 at 06:11. Reason: Thought of another question
Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 07:40   Link #1120
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny View Post
Okay...could someone clear something up for me?

When watching the DVDs, I noticed that the third arc is called Meakashi-hen/Eye-Opening Chapter. I thought to myself then, "I thought Meaksahi-hen was the first answer arc." So I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it said that Meakashi-hen WAS the first answer arc. So...

The anime's order for the first four arcs is Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen, Meakashi-hen, and Tsumihoroboshi-hen. The game's order for the first four arcs is Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, and Himatsubushi-hen. Why is that?

And since I've never seen Higurashi Kai: Since the first season has two of Kai's arcs, then how will Kai have four arcs like Higurashi? Will it just have two? Or will it include the two arcs from Higurashi and then have the other two Kai arcs?

Someone please tell me; I'll probably never have the chance to watch Kai.

EDIT: I'm just curious but I also have a friend who needs to know...What is the reccommended order for all the Higurashi arcs? Including the basic 8, and all the manga-exclusive, ones made by Alchemist, ect.
No problem on Wikipedia. Just go to watch like it said.

Edit: About the order for those exclusive arcs...

Onikakushi - Watanagashi - Tatarigoroshi - Taraimawashi - Someutsushi - Himatsubushi - Utsutsukowashi - Meakashi - Tsukiotoshi - Tokihogushi - Tsumihoroboshi - Yoigoshi - Kageboushi - Hirukowashi - Minagoroshi - Matsuribayashi - Miotsukushi - Kokoroiyashi

Onisarashi: Devided into Someutsushi and Kageboushi
Kataribanashi: A comic collection.

Note:
Bold: Main arcs
Italic: Manga-exclusive arcs
Underline: Arcs by Alchemist

Last edited by WarriorKK; 2009-07-14 at 08:01.